Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest

Page: 3 of 3
 ChAiNz.2da
03-05-2005, 8:08 PM
Originally posted by Sgt. Strike
I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.
To get in, I believe you have to either have a high persuade... or threaten to beat him senseless if no other option is available... ;)
 Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 8:28 PM
Should I go back, to a previous saved game, complete the Jawa shop mission, then do the Jabba Palace one? Or just boost my persuade up by editing the game? I can't even talk to the guards right outside the entrance, at the moment. That's what I'm asking.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-05-2005, 8:49 PM
Should I go back, to a previous saved game, complete the Jawa shop mission, then do the Jabba Palace one? Or just boost my persuade up by editing the game? I can't even talk to the guards right outside the entrance, at the moment. That's what I'm asking.
Ouch.. :(
Is there a twilek there (Bib Fortuna)? He's usually the one that let me into the palace (by persuade or threat).
As far as I remember (it's been awhile since I've played it) the Gamorreans pretty much stand there as 'meat shileds'... I don't think they have a dialogue that's part of entering...
 Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 9:21 PM
I'll give it another try when I get that far, won't take me too long. Last I checked Bib Fortuna wasn't there. I do have the original from pcgameworld, and also the update, 1.11. Is there another one after that?
 ChAiNz.2da
03-05-2005, 9:38 PM
I'll give it another try when I get that far, won't take me too long. Last I checked Bib Fortuna wasn't there. I do have the original from pcgameworld, and also the update, 1.11. Is there another one after that?
no, v1.11 is the latest...but if Bib Fortuna isn't there...that's probably the reason.
I'm pretty sure he's the "Gatekeeper" and the only means to get inside the palace...
 Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 10:19 PM
I'll do everything before I do that particular mission, on Tatoonie. Maybe that'll help even more.
 Xavier2
03-07-2005, 9:52 AM
Hello Guys! Long time no see...I am back to help the friend here. Off topic i know but i don't have a TSL copy yet so i guess i won't be in the community for awhile. Plus, i just discovered SWG and i can't stop playing it!

Now to the side quest. As ChaiNz stated Sgt. Strike, Bib Fortuna is the gate keeper. If he isn't there, likely his model and skin files aren't in your Override folder. Look for BibForH.mdx/mdl and PMBJ97.tga.

Besides his appearance should also be referenced in a file called appearance.2da. Be sure to use, either the one contained in the pack and its patches, or the one in The Insidious Plot side quest.

And about completing any missions in Tatooine, don't worry you don't need to, unless you need to gear and power-up for the challenge. :D :D

Xavier2 out....
 jaredhimself31
03-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Is there any way to access the new baggy jedi robe model without messing up the begining of the game on the Endar Spire? that model whomever made it I must give major props to
 deathdisco
03-25-2006, 4:34 PM
IIRC, all you have to do is extract these files to your "override" directory:

pmbil.mdl
pmbil.mdx
pmbim.mdl
pmbim.mdx
pmbis.mdl
pmbis.mdx
pmbi01.tga
pmbi02.tga
pmbi03.tga
pmbi04.tga

That will replace all the standard(brown, red, black, and blue) robes in the game.

EDIT: You are talking about "The Insidious Plot"(new Jedi robe models come with this mod) not the "Enter Jabba's Palace" mod right?
 NickBEC
06-02-2006, 1:33 PM
I seem to have a weird problem with the pc model when using this mod. I am trying to combine the Meet Athena mod for KOTOR 1 with this mod. However for some reason the PC seems to be replaced with a male model with a Boba Fett suit. While I can wear equpiment like Jedi robes and get the stats of them, my model is still only showing the Boba Fett model. The wierdest thing is, the character still sounds female and still has the portrait of the Athena model.

In case this somehow helps, in order to avoid conflict with the 2da files that both the Meet Athena and Jabba's Pallace had I inserted all the files for Jabba's Palalce first, then used the installer that came with Meet Athena to put the files from the Meet Athena mod. I believe the installer also inserts new lines into pre-existing 2da files to avoid conflict.
 Darkkender
06-05-2006, 4:57 PM
The installer is supposed to insert new lines that is correct. However did you install the patch for this mod as there had been some appearance mismatch issues in the original release that the patch resolved. It could also be caused by Item conflicts of items having the same name so you may want to double check that only the 2da files have the same name.
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 4:16 AM
hey all, i just DLed this Mod and i'm not sure what to say, because i can't get into the palace. i spoke to the X-Wing pilots and even located the gammorean pilot in the dune seas, but when i try to talk with him, the screen just jumps and no dialog is initiated. can anyone help?
 Darkkender
07-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure RC it might be that you don't have the dialog file that it's looking for in the overide. It could also be that another mod overwrote it. You do have the latest version 1.11 I believe installed. This is the one that I uploaded at pcgamemods that is a couple of MB.
 RC-1162
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
oh, i didnt DL the patch. Thanks, DK. i'll try it now. one more thing: does the activation of this thing have anything to do with the gammorean ambush?
 Darkkender
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
It's been so long since I played through the mod or troubleshooted it that off the top of my head I'm unsure. I'll take a look this evening to help fill in some gaps for you.
 ThunderVicar
08-16-2006, 2:18 AM
Hey, I just bought KOTOR1 on PC and can't get this mod to work (pcgamemods is down, eh?)

So i was wondering if there was any links to it other than pcgamemods.com?

Thanks!
 RedHawke
08-16-2006, 2:29 AM
Hello ThunderVicar...

You are in luck as the direct link to this mod was posted in our Mod Requests forum in the stuck PCGM link request thread. ;)

I'm going to add the link to the first post in this thread as well as here.

http://pcgamemods.com/core/9226/MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace.rar)

Thanks for asking this in the mod release thread, many people just ignore these. :)

Welcome to the forums! :waive1:
 akuma7802
08-16-2006, 2:37 AM
i asked the question to Chainz by private message but i was wondering if it is possible to make the appearance.2da from Jabbapalace and the appearance.2da from holowan-plug-in compatible with each other. when i try the appearance of boba fetts armour and serveral other appearances of charaters r totally messed up. if there is a way i would thank u.
 Darkkender
08-16-2006, 3:23 PM
i asked the question to Chainz by private message but i was wondering if it is possible to make the appearance.2da from Jabbapalace and the appearance.2da from holowan-plug-in compatible with each other. when i try the appearance of boba fetts armour and serveral other appearances of charaters r totally messed up. if there is a way i would thank u.

If I can get my computer from crashing every 5 minutes this evening I can probably get it done for you since 2da compatibility was my primary function and participation with this mod.
 akuma7802
08-16-2006, 5:33 PM
wow great thanks darkkender i would grateful see i also got yavin and some other that i am using all together to make a very large mod and share it i also made it possible for the NPC (Carth , bastilla. etc.) to have light to darksides aligment. i will post screenshots just to see if they r ok note that i am still not that good at them but still trying so bear with me.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Akuma7802/screenshots3.jpg)
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Akuma7802/Screenshots4.jpg)
tell me what u think
 Darkkender
08-17-2006, 11:03 AM
You mean by share with your friends and not a public release without the other modders permission right?
 Dirtnose
08-17-2006, 3:24 PM
wow great mod! just made a new Kotor I game so will have to do taris tonight :headbump then i can go to tat and own boba! :D
 akuma7802
08-17-2006, 3:47 PM
i am not going to public release anything that i did not ask permission for. the faces of the NPC i might release for i did the reskining on my on, but everthing else if u guys what a release of it then, oh yeah i am going to ask each one of the moddlers.
 Xavier2
11-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Hello guys

Long time no see. I have been away for a year long dealing with RL and playing SWG and EQ2 (as well as TSL). The computer where i had all my modded files has fried and i havent been able to help people that e-mail me asking for a solution for the Gamorrean pilot part of the quest.

In the erlier threads a few have reported being unable to talk to the gamorrean pilot to load the Jabba Entrance area. I would ask anyone kind enough to work on that particular dialog file and the loading area script that is attached to that dialog and see if yu can find a way to fix the problems.

So far 2 problems have been reported:

1. After talking to the Gamorean Pilot he runs but nothing else happens.

Possible solution - From what i can remember the dialog has a timer of few seconds that allows the Gamorrean pilot to run and disappear before the loading script triggers. On some systems these few seconds may not be enough and the dialog stops before the script triggers, thus preventing the new area to load and even the Gamorrean pilot to despawn.

2. After completing the original KOTOR Gamorrean side quest, the Gamorrean pilot (added by the Jabba Palace mod) spawns as planned but he is not able to engage in dialog.

Possible solution - Perhaps its a confusion in the .utc file for the Gamorrean pilot. While i was testing the mod i noticed the Gamorreans files could be tricky. That problem never happened to me during test though. The original intention was to place the loading script to Jabba entrance in the Speeder next to the Gamorrean pilot but i never got to make it trigger properly. The workaround was to add the loading script in the Gamorrean pilot dialog which turned out to be a nice comic relief (if you were able to talk to him in he first place, that is!)
 LordHoban
01-16-2007, 8:07 PM
I just beat the game fully modded for the first time (previously I'd beaten it unmodded), and initially I couldn't get the Jabba's Palace mod to work, but thanks to the info on this thread I was able to try it out.

Boba Fett, wow... That alone makes this mod great.
 Darth Payne
11-28-2007, 8:29 PM
I just installed this mod called MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace. It works fine until i get to the Gamorrean speeder, then i get nothing.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? I try talking to the Gamorrean standing there but nothing happens.

Hmmm, i do have two party member with me. Maybe that is what i'm doing wrong.

Edit: I just tried without any party members. Entered the duneseas on tatooine where this takes place if you didn't know this allready. I found close to a hundred Hulak Wraids spred over three heards. took 5-10 minutes to chop trough them. The thing with the Gamorrean still doesn't work. I will owe a big favor to whomever helps me with this. So far the thing looks great.

Edit: Just tried to re-install the mod. Still nothing. I get as far as the Gamorrean Pilot, then i get nothing.

PS: I also downloaded the TSLPatcher, but when i try to use it i get the message that i'm missing the Info.rtf file. Help.

I have had to delete a couple posts now because this thread has been posted in twice asking for new links to the mod because the PCGM link is down, please stop. Read our PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) for why this is so. -RH
 Robespierre
02-04-2008, 5:47 AM
Apologies for reviving the old thread, but an active link for this:

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/jabba.html)

Enjoy :D.
 murdrax
02-09-2008, 8:26 PM
hey loony do you by any chance also have a working link to the jabba palace patch??
 Master Shake
02-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Same thing always happened to me, I would get to the Gamorean pilot and I couldnt talk to him....
 murdrax
02-09-2008, 10:10 PM
thats because theres a bug in dialog theres a patch file thats need to fix that gamerreon problem catch is just like this main mod patch file was also on pcgamemods!!
 Darth Payne
02-09-2008, 10:24 PM
maybe someone has it and can distribute it via PM or email.

i hope so at least as i really liked what i could play of the mod.
 Darkkender
02-10-2008, 1:00 AM
I'll go ahead and try to re archive the mod with all of it's updates and submit it to Kotorfiles as I had put together alot of the patches and fixes for the latest version.

I'm in the process of TSLpatching some of my other mods So I will try to see if I can't fix the bug with the gamorrean pilot and update this mod to the patcher as well.
 RedHawke
02-10-2008, 1:46 AM
hey loony do you by any chance also have a working link to the jabba palace patch??
The link works fine... as I just used it to test it out.
 Darth Payne
02-10-2008, 7:13 AM
eh? I couldn't find a link to the patch.

Where exactly is this?
 murdrax
02-10-2008, 9:36 AM
yeah cant find it either anyways will be handy to have another mod on kotorfiles anyways!
 The Padawannabe
03-23-2008, 6:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry, what's the original quest that they talk about?
 loki-cat
09-03-2008, 3:58 PM
I just installed this mod called MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace. It works fine until i get to the Gamorrean speeder, then i get nothing.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? I try talking to the Gamorrean standing there but nothing happens.

Hmmm, i do have two party member with me. Maybe that is what i'm doing wrong.

Edit: I just tried without any party members. Entered the duneseas on tatooine where this takes place if you didn't know this allready. I found close to a hundred Hulak Wraids spred over three heards. took 5-10 minutes to chop trough them. The thing with the Gamorrean still doesn't work. I will owe a big favor to whomever helps me with this. So far the thing looks great.

Edit: Just tried to re-install the mod. Still nothing. I get as far as the Gamorrean Pilot, then i get nothing.

PS: I also downloaded the TSLPatcher, but when i try to use it i get the message that i'm missing the Info.rtf file. Help.

I have had to delete a couple posts now because this thread has been posted in twice asking for new links to the mod because the PCGM link is down, please stop. Read our PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) for why this is so. -RH

I just found out today what you need to do. Before you kill off the group of gamorreans you need to finish all quests on Tatooine. Once your quests are done, not including the tach gland for Griff, you need to ask about the Lt. or republic officer with the gamorrean group. This conversation will lead you to talk to the gamorrean at the speader. Next thing you know you are at Jabba's Palace (looks like Taris undercity from the outside).
 Darth Payne
09-03-2008, 6:35 PM
Thanks loki, i'll give that a try as soon as i can.

Now, if i got your post right i should do all the default quests first and then talk to the two guys in docking bay?
 Chevron 7 locke
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
It worked for me
 ThatEvilDude
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
what?!?!? NO LEIA SLAVE OUTFIT???? =) don't worry about it... great mod
will be downloading it.
 alodude
06-11-2009, 1:22 PM
These issues have been discussed, I've looked, downloaded appropriate patches, and even "warped" to jabbas palace, so I'd say I've done all I can to warrant a new thread, short of bothering the developers, which I don't want to do.

The problems:
-In Jabba's palace MOD I totally missed the conversation with the Gammoreans at the speeder wreckage site. Now I can't converse with the speeder guy to get to Jabba's palace. When I cheat and warp there no on will talk to me. No idea how to fix this. I tried editing some of the variables with KTOOL, but to no avail. I did, successfully, delete the failed completed quest, which states that I dealt with the Gammorean's already, and obtained the quest a "2nd" time from the xwing pilots, as though it were the first time (however the Gammoreans don't spawn again at the wreckage site. It'd be brilliant if I knew how to program them to show up again, using the save data)

-Jawa's shop. I used the patch (I have the BoS MOD installed by the way) but I don't see a shop. The directions say to install the shop first then the BOS, but it's too late now. Way before I knew there was a patch for the shop MOD I installed BOS first.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the redundancy...I know this has been discussed.

cheers

Merged post into Jabba's Palace Mod thread, please do not create threads like this in T.U.C.E. only modders can post Mod release threads there, any and all bug reports need to be asked in the mods release threads. Thanks. -RH
 Qui-Gon Glenn
06-12-2009, 6:27 PM
-Jawa's shop. I used the patch (I have the BoS MOD installed by the way) but I don't see a shop. The directions say to install the shop first then the BOS, but it's too late now. Way before I knew there was a patch for the shop MOD I installed BOS first.

RE: Jawa shop.... what is not happening? The shop will not spawn, or you cannot talk to the Jawa, or do you not know where to look? And which BoS do you have installed??

If you have installed both mods, and install the Jawa shop after installing BoS, you will destroy your global.jrl. To fix this, you will need to either merge manually your jrl's with jrl merger, or simply copy and paste the global.jrl from the BoS tslpatchdata folder into your override, then install my BoS/RHJS fix. The patcher will take care of compatibility.

If you are trying to work with my patch and BoS:SR, it has not been tested for this and may not work.... I have not looked at s9's source yet, as I am still playing the mod :)
 MadameCaptain
05-04-2011, 2:36 PM
Ahem is this avaible anymore 'cuz I can't find it at PC mods...
 SITH LORD 872
05-05-2011, 2:32 AM
Does anyone know how i can download this mod, I went to the link, but i can't find the mod, I haven't used that site before, so I'm not quite sure what to do?
Page: 3 of 3