Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest

Page: 2 of 3
 viscen
12-22-2004, 2:35 PM
lol i just went to the part where u find out ur raven and when u take ur mask off u take the boba fett helmit off lol

and i think i have found a bug with the shadow the knife on boba's leg the shadow is really long is this a known bug and im just wasting my time or is this new?
 Mono_Giganto
12-22-2004, 2:52 PM
I noticed the mask issue too, Xavier you should change the model variation if you ever rerelease this. I didn't realize it during my testing though, only once I tried equipping my equipable Revan's mask, and it gave me the Boba hlemet.
 Shrub91
12-22-2004, 5:23 PM
Chainz you're saying that people should learn how to edit .2da files well I can't because i have a Mac if someone could make a Mac version of Fred Tetra's KOTOR tool that would be kool

BTW: How do you get out of Jabba's palace? I think that's a bug too?
 Xavier2
12-22-2004, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by Shrub91
Chainz you're saying that people should learn how to edit .2da files well I can't because i have a Mac if someone could make a Mac version of Fred Tetra's KOTOR tool that would be kool

BTW: How do you get out of Jabba's palace? I think that's a bug too?
Without knowing in which point you supposedly got stuck it is impossible to say...Have you tried your way around, talked to everybody, read the journals, etc?

Anyway:
You are supposed to retrieve the novaldex unit from Jabba, then talk to the lieut and decide the fate of the pilots. After you make your decision look for a bith musician near a door and get back to the dune sea.
 Shrub91
12-22-2004, 6:46 PM
no, thx for the suggestion...I'll try that! :fett:
 Xavier2
12-22-2004, 6:49 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I noticed the mask issue too, Xavier you should change the model variation if you ever rerelease this. I didn't realize it during my testing though, only once I tried equipping my equipable Revan's mask, and it gave me the Boba hlemet.
Thanks for pointing that Mono. I am working on a 1.1 version to fix this.

Is there any other problem/thing i should fix?
 ChAiNz.2da
12-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Shrub91

True Shrub91. I have a mac too (and pc for modding). So you're excused ;) :D hehehe

Not sure if you know about the mac thread we have, but if you happen to find any tips or tricks on editing be sure to post it there (and I promise to do the same)....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140931)

@Xavier2
Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.
True, but Mono was asked and it was a direct affect of the mod so...tell you what, I compromised. I still don't feel comfortable posting something (pcgamemods) that wasn't directly asked of me, so I added a link in the comments section of the Mod pointing to this thread and the download. :)

My server has more than enough space and bandwidth allowances (I've never reached over 7% of my allowed traffic :eek: ) so I have no problems hosting it :)
 Prime
12-23-2004, 6:41 AM
As requested, this mod is now mirrored at Warped Productions. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)
 90SK
12-23-2004, 8:06 AM
:eek: Wow. AWESOME work with the mod!
 viscen
12-23-2004, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Thanks for pointing that Mono. I am working on a 1.1 version to fix this.

Is there any other problem/thing i should fix?

wow ur saying i actually found a bug? wow i feel smart again(j/k)

but anyway i havent found anything else except the shadow of the knife on boba's ankle is a little too long is this a known bug?
 sith_master2000
12-29-2004, 2:44 PM
I have found a small problem, (no it's not technical or anything like that) when I am in Jabba's Chamber and he gets his Bounty Hunters too gut my throat with a rusty blunted knife (just an expression ;) ) I can't win :( , I keep dying and only manage to kill one or two sometimes three Bounty Hunters. Now there are two possible reasons for this:

1) This particular bit is too hard
or
2) I suck and deserve to be gutted with a fish knife.

Is there any trick way of killing them?
 Xavier2
12-29-2004, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
I have found a small problem, (no it's not technical or anything like that) when I am in Jabba's Chamber and he gets his Bounty Hunters too gut my throat with a rusty blunted knife (just an expression ;) ) I can't win :( , I keep dying and only manage to kill one or two sometimes three Bounty Hunters. Now there are two possible reasons for this:

1) This particular bit is too hard
or
2) I suck and deserve to be gutted with a fish knife.

Is there any trick way of killing them?
I know what you mean, lol. Imagine the hell i went trhough to test the mod.:D

From the Readme:

"You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot of combat tatics will be needed to survive this."

By combat tatics i meant use pause combat, steams and shields frequently. Pay a lot of attention to all your party health level. And choose carefully the position of your party in battle and which enemies will you take down first. If you let powerfull enemies to the end they will likely tear you apart.

"Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat."

By choose your party wisely i meant combine them well. i.e. One tatic that always work for me is to have Juhani and Canderous. While Canderous is hiding in one of the corners, Juhani uses force jump over and over across the room attacking two enemies. That way she is harder to hit and her blows are more powerfull.

Good luck:D
 Mono_Giganto
12-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Or you can mine up the place and force-push people into the mines and stuff. :)
 ObiKast
12-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Hey Xavier I lost my finish kotor saved game.
Im doing everything again, can you gimme the command to spawn the boba fett armor and his gun, for the giveitem cheat?:rolleyes:
 sith_master2000
12-30-2004, 2:32 PM
I know what you mean, lol. Imagine the hell i went trhough to test the mod.:D

From the Readme:

"You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot of combat tatics will be needed to survive this."

By combat tatics i meant use pause combat, steams and shields frequently. Pay a lot of attention to all your party health level. And choose carefully the position of your party in battle and which enemies will you take down first. If you let powerfull enemies to the end they will likely tear you apart.

"Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat."

By choose your party wisely i meant combine them well. i.e. One tatic that always work for me is to have Juhani and Canderous. While Canderous is hiding in one of the corners, Juhani uses force jump over and over across the room attacking two enemies. That way she is harder to hit and her blows are more powerfull.

Good luck:D
Well thanks for the tips, I'll have to test these tactics out later today ;) .
 Xavier2
12-30-2004, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by ObiKast
Hey Xavier I lost my finish kotor saved game.
Im doing everything again, can you gimme the command to spawn the boba fett armor and his gun, for the giveitem cheat?:rolleyes:
g_w_blstrrfl099 and g_i_mask99.:)
 ObiKast
12-31-2004, 4:55 AM
TY man.:cool:
 Darkkender
01-01-2005, 9:04 PM
Hey Xavier2 Are you aware that the Boba helmet Has a conflict with the model files and image file with the stormtrooper helmet. Both use the
i_mask_099.mdl,
i_mask_099.mdx,
& ii_mask_099.tga files
 Xavier2
01-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Hey Xavier2 Are you aware that the Boba helmet Has a conflict with the model files and image file with the stormtrooper helmet. Both use the
i_mask_099.mdl,
i_mask_099.mdx,
& ii_mask_099.tga files
Thanks for pointing that out Darkkender.

That is too bad. I think both were made before we started to pay attention to compatibility issues.

Besides, Boba models were finished long before finishing the side quest part of the mod.

When i released the pack i had been working with areas, dialogs, scripts and such and just didn't noticed any incompatibilities with appearance files...

Could someone help Hex editing Boba Helmet to anything bellow i_mask_090, so we could make sort of another patch? I am so busy working on something else...;)
 Darkkender
01-02-2005, 8:44 AM
I can do that for you Xavier2 I'll take a crack at it tonight.
 Mav
01-02-2005, 4:18 PM
I love it when I go on vacation and come back with so many new mods, awesome job
 Darkkender
01-03-2005, 6:32 AM
Hey X2 do you want me to go ahead and post the patch on pcgamemods or email it to you first. I chose to rename it model type 80.
 Xavier2
01-03-2005, 8:15 AM
Hey X2 do you want me to go ahead and post the patch on pcgamemods or email it to you first. I chose to rename it model type 80.
Whatever you're happy with Darkkender. If you don't mind releasing it i would also ask you to add the compatible appearance.2da ChaiNZ kindly edited for us.

Just name it patch v1.1 , so ppl can keep track of it and it would be fine.

Thanks for the help you're da 'man'
 Mono_Giganto
01-03-2005, 8:52 AM

I think that conflicts with the Clonetroopers and one of svosh's mods as well.
 Darkkender
01-03-2005, 9:04 AM
I'll double check that with the clonetroopers. By the way do you want me to include the updated DL-18 with the patched version Mono?

*edit*

You were right Mono about the helmet I changed it to 86 which does not conflict with any of the mods in my various modding directories. Also I have gone ahead and included the updated DL-18 as Xavier2 had promised it in the v1.1 patch wich I am releasing to pcgamemods shortly.
 Darkkender
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Okay The Revisions have been done and version 1.1 is up at pcgamemods.com. The revisions include Xavier2's original update patch, Mono Giganto's DL-18 update skin, Chainz.2da's merged 2da files for all of the MECK projects, and The Boba Fett Helmet model now does not conflict with any of the other Mask or Helmet Models in the MECK Project or with T7's & svosh's masks to my knowledge.(I could have missed a mod by them)
 StoneDragon
01-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Can you post the link?
 SpaceAlex
01-03-2005, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by viscen
thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work

I have the same problem. I can't get the pilots to appear in the docking bay. I'm sure i put the files into the right folders. Everything is there. I just can't see the damn pilots.
How did you do to fix the problem viscen?
 Darkkender
01-03-2005, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by StoneDragon
Can you post the link?

Well you can't miss it when you visit pcgamemods.com and go to the KOTOR section it's at the top but here you go.http://www.pcgamemods.com/9468/)

SpaceAlex I might ask do you have KOTOR Mod Manager?

If you do download the revised version from the link in this post and load jabba's palace with KMM.

Now another question would also be is this a new game that this is installed in or one that you already were playing and added the mod after going to different points in the game?

Many of the New Area Mods have glitches when loaded into already active games or saved games. While this is not the Rule it is sometimes best to have New Areas Loaded with new games alltogether.

Also Xavier2 had suggested to viscen to look at this picture for a clue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace9.jpg)

If there not there make certain everything is in the proper folder.
 SpaceAlex
01-03-2005, 7:00 PM
Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.
I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.
 Xavier2
01-03-2005, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by SpaceAlex
Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.
I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.
hmmm. Weird. As Darkkender stated you need to be in Tatooine for the first time to see them...

The only other thing i can think of is appearance.2da. The pilots appearance are new lines in that file, so if you are not using the one provided in the pack they won't appear.

You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-04-2005, 2:43 AM
You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.

SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....
 SpaceAlex
01-04-2005, 9:12 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....

Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes:
 Xavier2
01-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes:
Take a look in the appearance.2da then. The X-Wing pilots are rows 514, 515 and 516.

Another remote possibily is the utc files for X-Wing pilots NPC, but, since you seem to know your way on modding i take you are sure those are in your Override, right?

Other than that i really don't know what it could be...
 SpaceAlex
01-05-2005, 7:50 PM
I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.
I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me. :D
 Xavier2
01-05-2005, 8:22 PM
I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.
I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me. :D
That is really spooky! I really don't know what may have been the problem...Maybe Darth333 and tk102 could figure this out...This is really out of my league.

At least you got it working. Could you send your custom made script to my e-mail? Up till now you seem to be the only one with this problem but it would be nice to have an alternative in case someone else has the same trouble..:)
 KaoruSoulreaper
01-06-2005, 12:10 AM
small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!
 Darkkender
01-06-2005, 3:52 AM
Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!

Is this with the new updated version that I posted the other day or with the original version? If it is with the updated I'll go over it with a fine tooth coomb because that was part of the reason for the update. previously Boba's helmet was conflicting with the stormtrooper helmet and I had renamed and edited the model to a unused model name to correct this. Boba's appearance is a disguise effect generated by his helmet and if his helmet is not right then he will look like a soldier.
 KaoruSoulreaper
01-06-2005, 2:42 PM
i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?
 Xavier2
01-06-2005, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?
Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.:D
 KaoruSoulreaper
01-06-2005, 8:41 PM
I tinkered around with it and......It works i patched it consulted all the apperance 2das and after 4+ hours it works and is compatible with every mod i got on the games Juhanis st,make (carth,mission,cand) a jedi mod to name a few and i have to say this BLOODY AWSOME MOD!
 Darkkender
01-07-2005, 2:50 AM
Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.:D

I was just going to post a stop downloading notice because after KaoruSoulreaper had his problem and I got home and checked the copy that got uploaded I discovered it had been the first one I had archived which had been missing a few of the files. Instead of it overwriting the archive when I had repacked it, it saved the RAR to a subdirectory.(:compcry: :headbump Sometimes I really hate computers.)

Look for an update to be loaded saturday night or sunday afternoon. I suppose this is a good oppurtunity to ask if you have those updated Republic helmets available to add in and I'll throw it into the corrected upload.
 Darkkender
01-07-2005, 8:48 AM
Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.
 Xavier2
01-07-2005, 9:03 AM
Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.
Thanks again for all the help. I really apreciate it. That's is why being a part of this community is so addicting.:D
 Darkkender
01-07-2005, 9:08 AM
I know. I just happened to be able to access my secondary modding machine which I can upload from.
 jackali
01-22-2005, 5:14 AM
When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?
 Xavier2
01-22-2005, 6:51 AM
Originally posted by jackali
When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?
You need to engage in the Gamorrean ambush side quest (the one in the speeder junk) and choose a certain dialog option, otherwise you can't move forward. That's where this mod blends with the default game.
 jackali
01-22-2005, 9:30 AM
I've already done that sidequest!
 Durge
01-22-2005, 9:57 AM
Thats why it mentioned that you have to start a new game in order for this mod to worrk right.
 Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 8:03 PM
I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.
Page: 2 of 3