Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Remember me.... [AOTC:TC]

Page: 1 of 1
 Anakin
11-10-2004, 3:31 PM
Well thing have gone a little quiet in
the whole community of editing so
I thought I might as well start it up
again and say hello and show a few
things off and ans. some questions
that the people seem to be asking.

First of here are a few screenshots
of WIP from the staff

http://img40.exs.cx/img40/8360/shot201.jpg)

Sith-J-Cull = Corascant, Padmes Appartment

http://unique1.ozforces.com.au/images/scenario/shot0000.jpg)

AOTCTC - MP Code Current Build - Unique1

There is a lot of work going on at the moment, we are trying as hard to do as much as we can to get AOTC out before EP3 comes out, but we cant do it with out support from you guys.

So pop onto the site www.aotctc.com) come onto the forums www.aotctc.com/forums) and have a chat have a look around then emptyness that will be filling up quickly, and ask me and the team about the mod and what we are doing.
 Tinny
11-10-2004, 4:17 PM
Dude!!! That's soo sweet. Nice to see you back Ani, you're all grown up now :p. J/k, so can you give us any tid bits as to what the new gametypes are about?
 Anakin
11-10-2004, 4:28 PM
What we are trying to do, and the code we are creating seems to be supporting it, is a MP Co-op based on the film, yes looks like SP is out the window, with elements of Star Wars Battlefield thrown in to make the fun oh that much more :)

We are just in the middle of discussing on were to go etc, so I will keep you all informed on here, but its best to keep your eyes on the fourms on our site to keep up to date.
 Obi_Kwiet
11-10-2004, 5:37 PM
Yes! Content! w00t!
 Nokill
11-10-2004, 8:58 PM
hoooo nice ^.^
more good stuf to look at when its done :D
ho knows when i got time i can make a map 2 ;)
 the battousai
12-30-2004, 4:43 PM
hey bro, i d/l'ed ur demo, AWESOME! but for 1 bug... the graphics for my Saber, menu, and cursor go square..like a graphics glitch... its only a problem when i have the ATOC:TC mod on.... maybe its the RGB saber thing? i really dont know... im sure its not my drivers and card... newest OFFICIAL driver, and a 6800 ultra ;)

oh, and would u guys talk to the Republic Commando MOD guys? they have a great idea...but not really the resources to create such awesome skins as u guys do!
 Prime
12-30-2004, 10:11 PM
It does look cool and I know that you guys have put in a lot of work, but I have a hard time getting excited since after all this time I have my doubts it will every be released. :(

I hope it does though...
 the battousai
12-31-2004, 12:22 AM
i dont think they would just waste their time putting together some fake mod...:deathii:

oh, and whatever u guys do, MAKE THE GEONOSIS PART INTENSE! in SW:Battlefront, its not all that cool...the geonosis lvl that is, because there arent enuf vehicles flying around, and its not big enuf!
 Zappa_0
12-31-2004, 2:51 AM
I do really think AOTC TC will be getting the mod out in 2005 sometime. They have done alot to add new gametypes and features. This will be one great mod all will love.
 Nokill
12-31-2004, 5:08 AM
im lubbing it ;D lalalalaaaa....

but erm how far is it now? in %
 Prime
12-31-2004, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by the battousai
i dont think they would just waste their time putting together some fake mod...:deathii: I'm not saying it is a fake mod.
 the battousai
12-31-2004, 11:58 AM
nvm, i found out that this MOD has conflicting issues with the Samurai V2 skin pack, it makes the sabers/ effects go nutty.
 keshire
01-01-2005, 1:33 AM
Your lucky you have access to Unique1 and RazorAce, Anakin. Otherwise you'd be dead in the water.

Once MovieBattles gets pulled into the fold to create a super mod who knows what'll happen. But at the moment I see AOTCTC as a leech on Open Jedi Project..
 Darth Kaan
01-02-2005, 2:06 AM
Originally posted by Prime
It does look cool and I know that you guys have put in a lot of work, but I have a hard time getting excited since after all this time I have my doubts it will every be released. :(

I hope it does though...

I concur. This Mod/Project/TC has been "under developement" forever, going way back to JO. Plus, the demo just sucked ass. Sorry, but thats a truth that many have not forgotten. Simply posting sceenshots of two of James maps (Sith-J-Cull), as nice as they are, is cool and all but does not a TC make.

Also, AOTCTC was given the code to Promod and AImod and did nothing with either. I'm personelly tired of seeing obscure posts about AOTCTC poping up every so often out of the blue. I'd like to see something finished, something playable, anything tangible that at the least, shows some promise.

Talk about beating a dead horse...
 the battousai
01-02-2005, 3:29 AM
well, they DO make awesome skins....:atat:
 Prime
01-02-2005, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
I concur. This Mod/Project/TC has been "under developement" forever, going way back to JO. Plus, the demo just sucked ass. Sorry, but thats a truth that many have not forgotten. Simply posting sceenshots of two of James maps (Sith-J-Cull), as nice as they are, is cool and all but does not a TC make.

Also, AOTCTC was given the code to Promod and AImod and did nothing with either. I'm personelly tired of seeing obscure posts about AOTCTC poping up every so often out of the blue. I'd like to see something finished, something playable, anything tangible that at the least, shows some promise.

Talk about beating a dead horse... It is unfortunate, but I think to some extent AOTCTC has missed the boat. The number of players is definitely on the decline...
 razorace
01-02-2005, 9:55 AM
Well, that's always going to be a issue unless you're modding for the lastest version of the HalfLife, Unreal Tournment, or Doom/Quake.

The root of the problem is you simply can't create a great original mod in the 3 months you have between major FPS releases. Hell, this year alone we've had Doom 3, Halo 2, HL2, and UT2004.

Anyway, the AotC TC site has been down for at least a week and I haven't heard squat from Unique1 in weeks. What's the deal?
 razorace
01-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Tinny
so can you give us any tid bits as to what the new gametypes are about?

To give a more concise answer, the new gametypes that are planned are:

Scenario - This is basically a Star Wars version Enemy Teritory with a healthy dose of Battlefield 1942. I beleive Unique is working on this because he wasn't happy with Siege or Battlefront.

RPG - Unique's has some big plans for an RPG gametype for JKA. New weapons, playerclasses, maps, quests, etc. I can't really tell you more simply because I don't know how definite his plans are.

CoOp - I guess this is technically my section of the project. AotCTC will probably use the OJP CoOp technology to make an AotC base campaign, if (and that's a big if) they can come up with the mapper talent to do so.

------------------------------

btw, community members, the dynamic has shifted. The modding bottleneck has shifted from coders to mappers. If you're a mapper and are interested in either AotCTC or the Dark Forces mod, both desperately need your help to be able to finish their projects. Please contact them ASAP.
 Prime
01-02-2005, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Well, that's always going to be a issue unless you're modding for the lastest version of the HalfLife, Unreal Tournment, or Doom/Quake.

The root of the problem is you simply can't create a great original mod in the 3 months you have between major FPS releases. Hell, this year alone we've had Doom 3, Halo 2, HL2, and UT2004.
Oh, I know the reasons. From what I've seen they have done some great work. I know this isn't their job and they do it in their free time. It is just too bad that in the end they might not have as big an audience as they once might have had.
 sora
01-02-2005, 5:03 PM
Has the Kenobi model been released yet?

(pardon this question if its been asked before in this thread. i didnt read the hole thing)
 razorace
01-02-2005, 6:52 PM
I don't beleive there's any plans to release individual models at this time.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
01-02-2005, 9:10 PM
Originally posted by razorace
To give a more concise answer, the new gametypes that are planned are:

RPG - Unique's has some big plans for an RPG gametype for JKA. New weapons, playerclasses, maps, quests, etc. I can't really tell you more simply because I don't know how definite his plans are.

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/865/shot50.jpg)

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/2285/e6oshot0003.jpg)

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/7799/o2sshot0004.jpg)

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/2931/e9tshot0011.jpg)
 Obi_Kwiet
01-03-2005, 1:42 PM
Nice job guys!
 JediLiberator
01-03-2005, 3:32 PM
meh, I'm not keeping my hopes up in light of the TC's progress, but I will wish you guys luck. Or in this case, may the force be with you. You're gonna need it...
 zERoCooL2479
01-03-2005, 4:43 PM
Great job Unique1. You are amongst the 1337 when it comes to modding.
 Anakin
01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
The reason the site has gone down was due to my the having a overload, thanks to our 'good friend' Casper who managed to mail bomb and then upload about 3 virus' to the server and there for caused it to lock out.

Its all getting back to norm now.
 Neon
01-04-2005, 10:50 AM
But I come by accident on a forum and I saw a wip of barris offee I think that was the name. It was a great skin/model. How is that going? Where is that forum?
 Anakin
01-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Im just rebuilding the forums at the moment, its also a good time for me to install some extras for the staff.

http://www.aotctc.com/forums)
 razorace
01-04-2005, 6:20 PM
Originally posted by Anakin
The reason the site has gone down was due to my the having a overload, thanks to our 'good friend' Casper who managed to mail bomb and then upload about 3 virus' to the server and there for caused it to lock out.

Its all getting back to norm now.

I thought we had determined that he wasn't a threat. ?!
 Anakin
01-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I think we might of under estermated him.
Doesnt matter now, im going to do him over with the Law.
 razorace
01-05-2005, 7:57 AM
Are you sure it was him?
 Prime
01-05-2005, 8:10 AM
This is starting to sound like a superhero story... :)
 Lindsey
01-05-2005, 9:39 AM
Man, I really did like that current site look
Page: 1 of 1