Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bounty hunters that make Han run

Page: 1 of 2
 guybroom
10-10-2004, 5:59 AM
While watching the ESB I notvied a line i had never noticed before. Leia was talking to Han Solo about why he's leaving Hoth and Han says that the bounty hunter they met at (i think this is the right planet) Ord Mantle made him reconsider.

So, who was the bountry hunter?
Why were they there?
Was that the right planet?

And other similar questions
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-10-2004, 2:16 PM
The only question of yours that I can answer of yours is that the planet is called Ord Mantell.

But I will tell you what I do know about it. After the Death Star was destroyed at the battle of Yavin, the Empire came back with a ton of warships and forced the Alliance into evacuation. At the beginning of ESB (which is three years after ANH), the Alliance has recently settled into Hoth. So during that time, the Alliance was jumping around looking for another place to put their base (as well as doing all the regular stuff Alliance guys do). This apparantly resulted in them being on Ord Mantell, where Han was reminded of the bounty that Jabba had put on his head.

btw, I dont know if they have already, but if not, this would make a good EU story IMO.
 primalunderdog
10-10-2004, 3:17 PM
I am not sure but it could have been a clone of IG-88,probably not but it could have been.I will look into it.
 El Sitherino
10-10-2004, 5:02 PM
I'm guessing it was Boba Fett.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-10-2004, 5:59 PM
What about Kar Yang. He is supposed to be one of the best bounty hunters, so it seems like he should have been able to run into Han at some point, but we never hear about it.
 guybroom
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Is there nothing in the EU? I haven't read any of the EU so I don't realy know the sort if things that they have, but this sounds like the perfect thing for it. (*hint hint, wink wink* George)

And also. Anyone got a Star Wars glossary because who are Kar Yang, IG-88 and how did the Empire know where the Reble's were? Didn't Takin or someone say Leia said Dantooeen (sp) but she lied.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by guybroom
Is there nothing in the EU? I haven't read any of the EU so I don't realy know the sort if things that they have, but this sounds like the perfect thing for it. (*hint hint, wink wink* George)

And also. Anyone got a Star Wars glossary because who are Kar Yang, IG-88 and how did the Empire know where the Reble's were? Didn't Takin or someone say Leia said Dantooeen (sp) but she lied.

I dont think there is anything eu yet, but i agree. Kar Yang was in the Shadows of the Empire: Evolution comics, and was said to be the second best bounty hunter. He was supposed to track down Guri (a human replica droid from Shadows of the Empire), but she killed him. IG-88 was one of the droids that Vader highered to find the Falcon and crew. He is also said to be the second best bounty hunter (by Fett himself). He is an assassin droid. The Empire put a tracking device on the Falcon, and that is how they brought the Death Star to Yavin. (This is after the Dantooine thing)
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:37 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I dont think there is anything eu yet, but i agree. Kar Yang was in the Shadows of the Empire: Evolution comics, and was said to be the second best bounty hunter. He was supposed to track down Guri (a human replica droid from Shadows of the Empire), but she killed him. IG-88 was one of the droids that Vader highered to find the Falcon and crew. He is also said to be the second best bounty hunter (by Fett himself). He is an assassin droid. The Empire put a tracking device on the Falcon, and that is how they brought the Death Star to Yavin. (This is after the Dantooine thing)

who said Kar was the 2nd best BH?

And who is that bird fellow?
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-13-2004, 9:58 AM
he is that bird fellow. and most of the galaxy says he is the second best, even though Boba claims it to be IG-88
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 10:00 AM
i see, now i remember hearing that, all i needed to know was that he is the bird fellow, you should have just said bird fellow... do we know why boba said the ig-88s are the best, or is it just one of them whos best
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-13-2004, 10:05 AM
i suspect that he did not know there was more than one. Thus, when he killed him several times, he got an inflated opinion of his skills. Still, I think IG-88 is in fact better than "that bird fellow"
 ET Warrior
10-13-2004, 11:48 AM
I would guess that Han was attacked by either Boba Fett or IG-88. My initial assumption would be IG-88 simply because in the GAME Shadows of the Empire (and I think in the book, though maybe not, I haven't read it in a long time) You fight IG-88 in Ord Mantel....though I don't remember if you killed IG-88...or if he said he'd already run into Solo or was waiting for him...

As you can see, my memory is impeccable. :D
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 11:52 AM
is there any reason to believe it wasn't zuckuss and 4-LOM? i mean, they did plan on rendezvousing with him at a later point(the missed hyperspace jump thing), so couldn't this previous ord mantell thing have also been them?
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-13-2004, 1:46 PM
There is no reasonable reason to assume that they were even on the trail at the time. very doubtful even. i could sit here and make a claim about anyone, but if there is no logic or evidence...
waste of time
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 1:54 PM
jsut a random thought spawning from their story.... didn't know if it was valid though
 StarWarsPhreak
10-13-2004, 2:04 PM
ET, you forget, that was Dash Rendar who fought IG-88.

most likely it was Boba Fett or IG-88...
 guybroom
10-14-2004, 10:44 AM
I have started reading about the bounty hunters in a book i can't remember the name of - Star wars Tales of the Bounty hunters. And it says that the Empire made IG-88 and your saying vader hired him to find the falcon?
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Absolutely, just watch The Empire Strikes Back. In fact, all the stories in Tales of the Bounty Hunters are about the bounty hunters that were hired to catch the Falcon.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-14-2004, 11:12 AM
does anyone know which version of IG-88 was the one hired to find falcon? was it the same one uploaded to the death star? the same on boba ran into on tatooine?
 ET Warrior
10-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
ET, you forget, that was Dash Rendar who fought IG-88.

Nono, I remembered that, what I couldn't remember was if you actually destroyed IG-88 or not, and if you did was that before or AFTER Solo was on Ord Mantell ;)
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-14-2004, 12:58 PM
just so you guys know, and i really hope it isn't a spoiler to anyone by this point in the thread, but there ARE multiple IG-88s, the empire made more than one, so it doesn't matter if you killed one in SOTE, because is is very likely that there is another one running about
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-14-2004, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch
does anyone know which version of IG-88 was the one hired to find falcon? was it the same one uploaded to the death star? the same on boba ran into on tatooine?

It has been a while since I read it, but I believe IG-88B was hired to find the Falcon, and IG-88A that uploaded into the Death Star, and IG-88C or IG-88D that fought Boba on Tatooine (being that Boba had already killed B in Cloud City).
 guybroom
10-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Not exactly a spoiler. I've only read like 5 pages but i think that there were excact copies of the IG-88 the story follows.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Not exactly a spoiler. I've only read like 5 pages but i think that there were excact copies of the IG-88 the story follows.

WTH? i don't understand a word you are saying...

i will try to Decipher (hehe) it...
there are more than one IG-88s, that is why i asked which one it was, i think there are five of them
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-15-2004, 11:08 AM
just so you guys know, and i really hope it isn't a spoiler to anyone by this point in the thread, but there ARE multiple IG-88s, the empire made more than one, so it doesn't matter if you killed one in SOTE, because is is very likely that there is another one running about

I think this is what guybroom is talking about. He is saying that it is not a spoiler because you find out in the first couple of pages.

i will try to Decipher (hehe) it...

Great joke:rolleyes:

i think there are five of them

actually there are four. the fifth assassin droid was something else (IG-76 I think)
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I think this is what guybroom is talking about. He is saying that it is not a spoiler because you find out in the first couple of pages.

Great joke:rolleyes:

actually there are four. the fifth assassin droid was something else (IG-76 I think)

ahh, i see, thank you for the update... and you know my trouble with moderators, i guess i was just covering for myself
 Kain
10-17-2004, 8:40 PM
just so you guys know, and i really hope it isn't a spoiler to anyone by this point in the thread, but there ARE multiple IG-88s, the empire made more than one

1: Palpatine ordered the destruction of all assassin droids when he took power. Harboring one was punishable by death.
2: It wouldn't be IG-88, it'd be IG-Production#(which has already been posted)
3: Dash Rendar DOES destroy IG-88 on Ord Mantell, but its after Solo left(I believe. That part made me angry - very hard to remember the details when you're infuriated)
4: The Empire doesn't produce droids of any kind. They may have them especially made, but they don't make them.

Yes yes, I am a nerd.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-17-2004, 9:02 PM
What are your sources on these claims, Kain? I want to check some of these things out.
 Kain
10-18-2004, 7:33 AM
What are your sources on these claims, Kain? I want to check some of these things out.

Sourcebooks of course. Silly boy, do not question the knowledge of KAIN!! For he is without equal in useless trivia.

Actually, thats all bs. I get all my info from WEG rpg books. Want real answers, PM jedispy. He knows too much useless **** about Star Wars.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 7:51 AM
Originally posted by Kain
1: Palpatine ordered the destruction of all assassin droids when he took power. Harboring one was punishable by death.
2: It wouldn't be IG-88, it'd be IG-Production#(which has already been posted)
3: Dash Rendar DOES destroy IG-88 on Ord Mantell, but its after Solo left(I believe. That part made me angry - very hard to remember the details when you're infuriated)
4: The Empire doesn't produce droids of any kind. They may have them especially made, but they don't make them.

Yes yes, I am a nerd.

in answer to:
-dash, he destroyed one IG-88
-the IG-88 short story talks of miltiple IG-88, since they were EXACT COPIES of IG-88, including EXACT programing, they transfered the memory core to them all, they were clones
-IG-88 was NOT an assassin droid, rather, a battle droid
-he was created in the clone wars

you really need to start checking all your info, i've told you that on multiple threads
 Kain
10-18-2004, 8:05 AM
you really need to start checking all your info, i've told you that on multiple threads

Who...in thee blue Hell...are you?

You've never told me to check my information in ANY thread. Actually, I've never even seen you post in ANY thread except for this one. And if you would have read my post RIGHT ABOVE yours, you'd see where I get all of my information. WEG is known to have incorrect information, especially in regards to Imperial mechanics and starships.

And in regards to multiple IG-88's - No matter what, no matter the similarities or exactness of EACH production, the number changes. The industry that produced R2-D2 doesn't call all of their astromech droids R2-D2. They're named like R2-D9 or R2-G33 - and yet they're all the same. Its an industrial method to know how many have been produced.

You need to read all the posts in a thread before you post, I'm telling you that in THIS thread.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 8:11 AM
Who...in thee blue Hell...are you?

You've never told me to check my information in ANY thread. Actually, I've never even seen you post in ANY thread except for this one. And if you would have read my post RIGHT ABOVE yours, you'd see where I get all of my information. WEG is known to have incorrect information, especially in regards to Imperial mechanics and starships.

And in regards to multiple IG-88's - No matter what, no matter the similarities or exactness of EACH production, the number changes. The industry that produced R2-D2 doesn't call all of their astromech droids R2-D2. They're named like R2-D9 or R2-G33 - and yet they're all the same. Its an industrial method to know how many have been produced.

You need to read all the posts in a thread before you post, I'm telling you that in THIS thread.
i post in nearly every thread... and, i got my info from the SW databank, and i think i will trust them

btw, they made one IG-88, IG-88 HIMSELF actually uploaded his conscioiusness into other IG class droids, thus making them him, and they all ashared one consciousness, and could think as one, the industry did not make multiple IG-88s, he copied himself

as for you information, getting info from another person is about as smart as getting info from supershadow, go check other threads you've posted in, specifically the "favorite starship thread"...:rolleyes:
 Kain
10-18-2004, 8:42 AM
i post in nearly every thread... and, i got my info from the SW databank, and i think i will trust them...as for you information, getting info from another person is about as smart as getting info from supershadow

You DO SEE the hypocracy in that quote right? Anyways, I'll give you the IG-88 thing, mainly because EU sucks ass and since he did upload his own consciencness into other bodies he is still the same. As for the starship thread, lemme give you a simple quote:

From Star Wars Sourcebook from West End Games
Two extra-large power plants and low total mass give these fighters the highest sublight(thats dogfighting and cruising) speed of any known starfighter - including the TIE Intercepter

And as for the guns

From Sourcebook
A few field-modified A-Wings can swivel their cannons 360 degrees

AS I SAID - I get my information from West End Games, which got all of their information from Lucasfilms. And in any Star Wars flight game, the A-Wing IS faster than the Interceptor.

Why not start paying attention to what I say before you jump to stupid conclusions?

If you'd like, I can try and find drivers to get my scanner to work with Windows XP and scan the page...but then again, I could give a damn less what you'd like;)
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 8:55 AM
First of all, post things like that last part in the starship thread

i DON'T see the hypocrisy in it, you got your info from a HUMAN, i got mine from a LFL WEBSITE

you said A-WINGS can swivel their guns 360 degrees, you can't include modified fighters in a comparison test between two fighters, otherwise nothing is valid, because, according to your logic, YT-1300s can outrun let's say, a YT-2300, mmkay, it just doesn't make sense...

i can include modified TI to say TI have hyperdrives, ejection, etc. because Thrawn's and his buddies did, etc. you see the flaws in your logic???

the a-wing IS faster than the TI, i never said they weren't, i just said that TI wereCOMPAREABLE...
damn
 Kain
10-18-2004, 9:05 AM
First of all, post things like that last part in the starship thread

i DON'T see the hypocrisy in it, you got your info from a HUMAN, i got mine from a LFL WEBSITE

you said A-WINGS can swivel their guns 360 degrees, you can't include modified fighters in a comparison test between two fighters

Thats because I don't frequent these threads, so I tend to ignore threads that haven't been active in the past few days.

WEG isn't a HUMAN, its a COMPANY that got its info FROM LUCASFILMS. See what you get for assuming something?

You're right, I did say they could swivel to 360 degrees, but only because I forgot to say that its a rarity, not a standard issue. And I was wrong, torpedo launchers aren't optional, they're attatched at creation.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 9:09 AM
Sourcebooks of course. Silly boy, do not question the knowledge of KAIN!! For he is without equal in useless trivia.

Actually, thats all bs. I get all my info from WEG rpg books. Want real answers, PM jedispy. He knows too much useless **** about Star Wars.

i was talking about jedispy, and is WEG LISENCED by LFL? or is that just where they get there info
 Kain
10-18-2004, 9:57 AM
i was talking about jedispy, and is WEG LISENCED by LFL? or is that just where they get there info

I'd hope they did. Given that they made alot of money using the Star Wars name and all their infomation.

Of course that didn't save them from being bought out by Wizards of the Coast:¬:
 Kurgan
10-18-2004, 11:30 AM
The RPG's are GAMES, and so on the bottom-most rung of acceptable continuity (but official nonetheless).

But I mean I'd take WEG's stats on Force users with as much salt as I would Jedi Academy's stats on Force users. The games are often full of errors where the movies are concerned, but that's fine, they're games, created around giving the players a good time, not being true to the physics and logic of the movies... and before anyone goes off ranting about "teh m0vies" take a serious look at any Star Wars game ever made and you'll see they don't measure up to the "reality" they are portraying, with good reason.

The trouble is that many (lazy) EU authors routinely plunder WEG's stuff for ideas, making parts of it higher canon. ; p

But the games have shown to have definate problems with the movies (capital ships too small), and if we go strictly by the games all sorts of weird things happen (Yoda is going to the Dark Side for example, because he used Force Lighthing, and Luke too because he used Force Choke, etc.).

I was in a book store last year and thought it was funny how there was the RGP book, clearly written in 1997 or so, with the Star Wars characters on it. Then there was another edition of the game book next to it with the Episode I characters pasted in (circa 1999) and a third book with the Episode II characters pasted in (circa 2002). So there will be plenty of revisions when Episode III comes out.

When it comes to looking for "official" information, I'd say the games are the least reliable source for data, at least where gameplay is concerned. I mean, games are made to be fun, challenging and balanced, sacrificing story-integrity and characterization for those ends.

As far as being liscened through Lucas, OF COURSE, the games are all liscensed. Every bit of Star Wars merchandise (except unauthorized bootlegs of course) are liscensed. Everything from lunchboxes to coloring books to band-aides with Darth Vader on them, etc. That doesn't imply that they are all on an equal level with the six movies. No, far from it. There is a heirarchy.
 guybroom
10-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Ok, one or two things that is needed.

fisrt of all what's LFL? Lucas Forums Limited?

2- stop arguing.

3- When who ever said that IG-88s had one contensness, is that like the borg in star treck? Oh god - have I aid the unsayable in a starwars thread?

"I felt a desterbance in the force, like millions of star treck fans cried out in terror and then silenced" :atat: :fett: :deathstar :deathii: :bdroid2: I am a true SW fan!!!
 Kurgan
10-18-2004, 11:34 AM
LFL = Lucas Film Limited.

That's George Lucas's main media company.

Lucas Forums is part of LFN (LucasFanNetworks) that has nothing whatsoever to do with Lucas or his companies (it's just a fan network based on fandom of his stuff!).

As to the trekkie analogy, hey, it's pretty much the same thing. Nerds arguing over a franchise of fiction. Who cares? But that's what the forums are about, so that's what we talk about here, sometimes. ; )

'Course Trekkies have it worse cause their franchise creator is dead and they have a bunch of hacks running it now, unfortunately.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 11:37 AM
1. Lucasfilm, Ltd.

2. We're not arguing, we're discussing.

3. Yes, you have said the unsayable.
 El Sitherino
10-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Yoda is going to the Dark Side for example, because he used Force Lighthing technically all he did was reflect the lightning.
 guybroom
10-27-2004, 10:43 AM
I finished the story about IG-88, i'm not going to read the rest now. Give me a few months or something. Anyway, Boba Fett destroys IG-88 B, C and D. Then IG-88A puts his brain in the 2nd death star and gets blown up I think that needed a spoiler tag.

But we still don't know wh it was that found han
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-27-2004, 11:25 AM
:smirk: good for you:D hehe, seriously though it musta been someone who found han:rolleyes:
 guybroom
11-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I know someone found han on ord mantel (did we agree it was there? I think we did) but we don't know who
 Lieutenant_kettch
11-01-2004, 11:01 AM
we say that because han himself said it, that is there ths thread started
 Neon
11-08-2004, 5:46 AM
Well, Jabba was trying to catch Han solo, maybe han tought he would be followed by a bounty hunter of jabba the hut.
But this is just what I think.
 guybroom
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
So, we can work out who it's not - IG-88, probably not Boba Fett and i don't know.............. anyone?
 Darkside_tanro
11-19-2004, 8:18 AM
I beleive it was boba fett..
 Mono_Giganto
11-19-2004, 11:41 AM
So, we can work out who it's not - IG-88, probably not Boba Fett and i don't know.............. anyone?

Well it's not Jango Fett... :^:

Could it possibly be Dengar, you know that really big guy who looks like he's covered in bandages?
Page: 1 of 2