Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge

Page: 4 of 5
 wildjedi
09-15-2004, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
((Since wildjedi hasn't posted, I'm just going to move this scene along.

Otherwise Admiral might kill me. :)))

Corridor

"First of all," Misae whispered. "These people we're with, who own this ship, they're the Aesir. Yes, the Aesir. The ones who destroyed the stars, and killed my master, along with four-fifths of the galaxy's intelligent life. The ones no one can find any trace of, even with the Republic allying itself with the Imperials to look. Them."

Tanara stared at Misae, struck speechless by her words. She barely managed to get her own words out. "Go on."
 Redwing
09-15-2004, 4:55 PM
Pre-Time Skip

Asgardried Corridor

"They brought us here," Misae said. "They claim they caused the Holocaust to spare the galaxy most of the suffering that it was about to endure, because a great evil was unleashed when their leader died.

"They say this was foretold. They assembled this group. They say our purpose is to undo this. We are looking for something called the 'Time Matrix'. A device they say can alter time. With it, they say we can stop all this.

"According to the Aesir, this galaxy will be utterly destroyed within nineteen years. We've been hunting for the Time Matrix for a year now. You are only the second surviving Jedi I have seen since the Holocaust started, the first being Halren."

Current Time Frame

Asgardried Cargo Hold - Guy's Ship

Guy sat alone in his ship's cockpit. He had left Ritchet to his own devices in the cargo hold, with droids secretly monitoring him. Or her. Or it.

He was monitoring the various communication channels that he always had as a Shadow. Former Shadow, now that he knew that they knew his secret. But although they had shut him out of their systems, he could still use his own, which he had always kept separate for this eventuality.

He had known this would happen. But he had planned it to be at his instigation.

All the 'assignments' that had been his territory had been reassigned, all the subversive 'programs' he had in progress, terminated. Just adding a few more to the list of slaves I couldn't free, of kidnapped beings I couldn't return, of lives I couldn't save from being ruined. Just a few more to the list of deaths that I couldn't stop.

The Asgardried called for assembly, and he ignored it for a couple minutes. Then, finally, he sighed and stood up.

----------

Aidan's Quarters

So. "Midgard". Home of the Aesir.

Aidan took his long-ignored Aesirian-made mithril armor suit out of his quarters' closet. He had never before put it on, preferring to thumb his nose at whom he had used to see as his captors/unwilling protectors.

Not really captors. After all, I never actually tried to leave, did I?

Now, however, things were different. The Aesir had proven themselves worthy of respect several times over, and one of them has saved his life twice, his mind once.

He owed them, and Aidan always paid his debts in full.

He pulled on a gauntlet. It felt loose. He awkwardly tried to find a way to tighten it, then was startled as it suddenly shrunk and shaped itself to the the form of his hand and arm.

Oh. I'd forgotten about that.

He finished dressing himself, discarding his former clothing - which was really just the customary oversize gargoyle waistcloth - in his closet. He had expected the heavy-looking armor to slow him down, but it was actually very light, and was easy to move in. It felt almost as if it was a second skin.

He left his quarters and headed to meet the others at the main entrance.
 wildjedi
09-15-2004, 6:19 PM
((I gotta find a way to catch up with time:D ))

Pre-Time Skip

"They brought us here," Misae said. "They claim they caused the Holocaust to spare the galaxy most of the suffering that it was about to endure, because a great evil was unleashed when their leader died.

"They say this was foretold. They assembled this group. They say our purpose is to undo this. We are looking for something called the 'Time Matrix'. A device they say can alter time. With it, they say we can stop all this.

"According to the Aesir, this galaxy will be utterly destroyed within nineteen years. We've been hunting for the Time Matrix for a year now. You are only the second surviving Jedi I have seen since the Holocaust started, the first being Halren."

Tanara's 'less Jedi' side emerged. "They claim to have caused the Holocaust and yet we are helping them?" She paused, clearly struggling with her emotions. Finally, she sighed and looked into Misae's eyes.

"Do they have any idea where this 'Time Matrix' is?" she asked, now once more her calm 'Jedi' self.
 Admiral
09-15-2004, 6:28 PM
((Wild Jedi: You can simply leave off there and pull your character to the current time. It will leave some mystery to what Misea told Tanara. PM Red to get details if there is anything special you need to know else I would assume Tanara has a reasonable idea of what is going on. Otherwise just put in what she is doing now. And you don't need to quote. Just put in Pretime skip other times just idicate who you are talking to like

Tanara to Misea: Hi

And In case anyone missed it: There is a description of the Asgardried in the discussion thread

JM: Where did Matt get that armor?))
 Scar Da Kookee
09-15-2004, 6:43 PM
((Much better :D))

*After witnessing Matt's progression everynow and then, going in to give Matt's daily rations, he was quite pleased. Out of the Fifteen pieces in the 'kit', he had released the first one, and now the second one. He had not yet told Matthew that each piece released required a higher level of consentration. Clearly the 'kit' was designed to be not only to test the worthyness of using such, but it was also a teaching device as well.*

------

*Flashback: 17 years before*

*Irvine sits in a grassy atrium, late at night, he had completed the first six pieces, working on the seventh. His appearence looked as if he'd been sitting there for at least a week, never ate, and follow apprentences came once in a while and gave him a glass of water.

His sensei, Jedi Master Chi stood and watched in a window with the simular smile as Sir-Vin had now. Master Chi walked out into the atrium with a bit of satisfaction on his face.

Irvine is about to release the seventh piece that he had been working on for nearly for four days...*

*SNAP*

*SNAPSNAPSNAPSNAPSNAPSNAP*

*All the pieces that he'd worked on had closed tight. The ingeniousness of the kit, not only did you have to use your mind to untie or solve a little puzzle to release the individual pieces, but after a certain number of pieces had been released, each additional piece after had to be released in a certain order or else the everysingle piece will reseal itself up again, allowing the user to start over. But never reclaiming the skill learned of the user.*

*The child Irvine stands up in a rage, he'd always had seem to have shown that natural side of him.*

Irvine *facing Chi, seeing the smile on his face* "You're enjoying this aren't you!!"

*Master Chi, seeing a mere ten year old boy standing up and in fit, trying to staredown an adult. He could do nothing but laugh. This caused Irvine to spin around and kick the kit.*

Master Chi *Before Irvine's foot even touched the kit* "Irvine!"

*Irvine stops in place, but not without lunging forward a bit with his momentum. Master Chi walks up to him.*

Master Chi "I know I didn't tell you about that, but it wouldn't have been fair to have told you. This will help you teach you patience, however this part is all about going deeper into the force and trying to predict which piece next to unlock."

*Master Chi looks down and sees a child holding back his pout and tears.*

Irvine *weary* "But... I.. Just w-wanted to m-make a lightsaber like yours.."

*Master Chi gets surprised, what could one expect from a child whom had been removed from his own family at infantcy, if not forceably. He smiles and places his hand on Irvine's head, and messes it up a bit. As the Master and the child apprentence sits back down and continues...

It took him another 5 years to complete alll the puzzles.*

------

*Irvine found out later that such a tool or device, which ever one may call it, would have been used on much older Padawans, but he'd been a special case. The older would have used much much less time.*

*Now truely taking on his name given to him by his masters, he trains Matt in the same manner. Sir-Vin had every notion to lend Matthew his own lightsaber to use until he can forge his own, but it seemed that the time was right to begin the more advanced to the learner.*

--------

*Sir-vin was in the Main enterence, wearing his loose clothing, with a large cloak that consealed all, even what he may be holding under it, execpt for his head.

Irvine Cracern was leaning agenst the wall near the hatch, he was wearing his own loose clothing.*

Cracern "So Irvy, I haven't seen your student in since the duration of this trip, whats going on."

Sir-Vin "Well, if the Asgardreid's monitors watched Matthew's quarters a few times, I wouldn't doubt that our host's agree with what sort of training method I placed him in."
 Admiral
09-15-2004, 6:59 PM
Svafa: Think again. Where in the last two days was his combat training? Have you prepared him at all for what he will be facing?

Idun: Learning patience is necessary but to focus on that to the exclusion of all else if foolish especially considering the current circumstances. Also patience and concentration can be taught while at the same time teaching other things more critical to his survival. Does your student even have a weapon?
 Scar Da Kookee
09-15-2004, 7:11 PM
Sir-Vin "I can respect your opinions, but I never had the intention on having him enter any sort of conflict with out any sort of training, or preparation. Nor would I had the intention of allowing him to enter and such conflict also this soon. but Like I promised, you need not worry of him, the previous day's actions I believed that it was time for him to begin learning mental discipline."

Cracern "What?"

Sir-Vin "I let him begin to use a tool that I had used in my youth, it taught me a great deal."
 Admiral
09-15-2004, 7:50 PM
*Heimdall was going to remain silent over the subject until Sir Vin's explanation*

Heimdall: Then may I ask why you didn't do anything with combat training? If you had thought he was going to remain on the ship think again he will be coming with us to the gate. At the very least Irvine you should have ask us whether or not that would even be allowable which it isn't. Now you know with certainty that your student will be facing combat so I recommend that you arm him and give him a crash cross in basic combat techniques and don't expect us to provide him with weapons.

Idun: In my opinion you have failed completly and Matt should look to one of the other jedi for further instruction.
 Scar Da Kookee
09-15-2004, 8:01 PM
*Sir-Vin smiles, he'd expected such.*

Sir-Vin "I never said anything about leaving him behind, but like I said, I will respect your opinions, and I won't argue agenst them. But like I promised, he is my responsibility, even if we go into a dangerious situation. I understand that you take being able to defend oneself over mental stability, but not everyone in this universe is as mental equiped such as yourselves. I'd rather let him be able to control the force around him, even a limited about, before he severs a limb with a lightsaber..."
 Redwing
09-15-2004, 8:12 PM
((I'll take care of that in this post. ;)

wildjedi, interesting you have Tanara have a "less-Jedi" side, because as everyone else knows, Misae has a very large "less-Jedi" side herself... :D))

Pre-Time Skip

Asgardried Corridor

"It's complicated," Misae said. "But apparently these Aesir need us to complete a "quest" to find this Time Matrix. A sort of series of challenges and...tests, I guess. We have a map, but it likes to lead us in circles...

She noticed others approaching and stopped.

"Let's continue this elsewhere," she said.

She took Tanara's arm again and pulled her away.

((OOS: Wildjedi, consider Tanara basically appraised on all the backstory that is in the first post of the thread. :) But if you want to have her character ask for clarification on something later, because you don't know it, feel free to assume that Misae omitted it.))

----------

[Time Skip]

----------

Present Time

Asgardried, Main Entrance

Marin arrived at the group assembly at the same time as Aidan and Raschel. Raschel wore the suit of mithril Heimdall had made for her, with her jacket over it. Marin wore her normal wardrobe of overly tight clothes - pink shirt and blue jeans - that she could easily morph in. She was a bit surprised to see Aidan appear in full mithril armor.

"What happened to your loincloth?" she asked.

"I decided it was time for a change," Aidan said.

She shrugged and didn't press the subject.
 Admiral
09-15-2004, 8:22 PM
*Svafa shakes her head at Irvine's foolishness, but says no more. Heimdall and Idun do the same waiting for the others to come before disembarking.*
 jokemaster
09-15-2004, 8:36 PM
((Oh yeah, I guess you wouldn't be able to buy it like in real life, where it'd be a semi-old antique, not an ultra-old like it would be in the SW Universe. Let's just say he made it out of materials he found and bought, then painted it green.

And guys, y'know Matt's right there, right?))
Matt: Uh, guys, I'm right here. And for a weapon, I have a blaster.
*Matt took out the blaster*
Matt: Its safety's on for now, and I've practiced a bit with it. I think it'll be useful.
 Admiral
09-16-2004, 6:54 AM
((JM: You never posted that he had arrived at the main entrance. ;)))

Svafa: Blasters maybe useful in ranged combat but what will you do in close quarters? You should of at least been taught some hand to hand combat.

Idun: You forgot to mention that blasters tend to become more ineffective when the bolts get reflected back at you.
 Scar Da Kookee
09-16-2004, 7:12 AM
Sir-Vin "Curious... Matt maybe you should go to cargo bay 1 and practice your lightsaber technique for a bit agenst a drone."

*Sir-Vin pulls out an Arakyd Inquisitor and hands it to Matt.*

((Not sure if thats the actual name, but i'm just going with the JKII thing))

Sir-Vin "I and going to check things out with those two, then I'll be there."

((:D twas on page 3 (i got my page defualt for 4 per) its around when Marin and Raschel got back

what are you talking about, jm? :p))

*Sir-Vin looks at Matthew, then at Svafa.*

Sir-Vin "They are so insistant..."
 Redwing
09-16-2004, 9:38 AM
((Scar, what lightsaber was he using to practice on the seeker remote? [common name for the Arakyd Mark VII Inquisitor ;)]

I (and it seems, Admiral) assumed that Sir-vin let Matt borrow his own lightsaber...

Will post in a bit (read: a few hours, have dental appointment :p)))
 BattleDog
09-16-2004, 3:02 PM
*Hal arrives, fully armoured, coat, greaves, gauntlets, collar and carrying his helmet. His shield is strapped to his back, as his longsword, he wears a short sword at his waist on his left hip and a dagger on his right.*

Hal: Sir-Vin is not even a recognized Knight, let alone a master. I can teach the Mat to fight, I can make him strong. I am not a Master though. Tanara is a Jedi Knight as well, she is not warrior, though, the same for Misae. We will have to discuss this at a later date, Mat. Now come with me. *Turns to Heimdall* I'll give him the crash course.
 Scar Da Kookee
09-16-2004, 4:03 PM
Sir-Vin "Hal, for over a half year I have guided Matthew, and now finally someone is steping in questioning about what I have done for him and that he can be given more 'proper' training. Please, if you haven't asked to interfere til now, then I'll have to protest that you do now. Don't think that I have not provided him with any sort of practice, I myself never had the opertunity to provide him with a lightsaber of his own, not perfect, but some."

*Sir-Vin looks at WH Irvine*

Cracern "I suppose I can wait another tour-de-univerce til i get to use these both at the same time agian."

*Sir-vin smiles*

Sir-Vin " Please don't mistake me for a fool, I wouldn't be so confiedent if I knew I'd be sending someone to his own death. Espcally if I can't prevent it."
 jokemaster
09-16-2004, 8:39 PM
Matt: I have some hand-to-hand combat training, Sir-Vin let me train with his saber for a bit. shouldn't that be enough?
 Redwing
09-16-2004, 8:45 PM
Asgardried, Guy's Ship

Guy entered his ship's main hold, walking slowly, guided by the three-dimensional representational surface map the ship was feeding into his head through snakelike sensory attachments. He could hear the sounds of his droids running starting cycles on the contraption in the center of the cargo hold.

Pity I don't have the time for combat testing. This thing had better work.

The sensors attached to his eyes gave him a rudimentary representational image of the device in front of him. It had a roughly sphere-shaped body, with twelve spidery droid legs along the sides, and a hover field generator on the bottom. On the top there was a round "seat" that served to produce the force field that would hold him in place above the device. Robotic arms, housing shields and an assortment of ranged weapons, grew from the top of the sphere and bent to form a halo of sorts where his own arms would be. Finally, there was the stem that grew from the location behind where his back would be that housed the device's central computer, and the programs he would need to be able to actually hit anything.

It was heavily modified "Silver Spider" HBH-ABTMV. (Humanoid Battle Harness - Augmented Transportation and Manuevering Vehicle) It was imperfect, and it would not replace his magically damaged vision, but it would have to do.

He let a droid strap him into the harness above the seat. He activated the force field to hold his body in place and attached the necessary input sensors. Scanners onboard the battle harness found the life signs indicating the location of the others.

He moved out of his ship and headed to the ship's main entrance.
 Admiral
09-16-2004, 9:20 PM
((BD: Shame on Hal with how he is wearing the sword. It is sacrilage for a long sword to be worn over the back.

Just an observation: Where did Hal get the swords and dagger plus what are they made of and where is his lightsaber?))

*Svafa looks Hal over and lets out a brief laugh*

Heimdall: Hal as he said you had eight months to do something about Matt's training, you did nothing then and now there is no time for even a crash course.

Idun to Matt: No, rudimentary training is not suffiecent to what we are going to be facing.

*Guy arrives along with everyone else not yet present (just doing this to move the story alonge*

Heimdall: Good everyone is here, listen and pay attention. Once we leave this ship we are heading immediatly to a briefing. This briefing will be very important and for some could mean the difference between survival and death. After the briefing we are immediatly going to head out. No one is going to be left behind in the ship or in the base.

And to dispel anydoubts *looking at Sir Vin* a lot of blood will be shed before we leave this planet. Now that you are aware of what will be going on time is of the essence so let's go.

*The doors open Heimdall flanked by Idun and Svafa walk down the ramp. Gerd follows close behind remaining silent feeling the seriousness of the situation. At the base of the ramp were twenty Einherjar all dressed in full armor with closed helm. The armor was blue with silver trim like Heimdall's.

Heimdall takes the lead heading down a corridor the Einherjar flank either side of the group with another two taking up the rear. As soon as the group left the ship techs entered carrying cases of gear*

((I know some of you haven't replied yet, but I'm going to try and keep the story going. If you wish to specify something specific please feel free. The briefing will be posted tomorrow))
 Scar Da Kookee
09-16-2004, 10:28 PM
((I figure Hal's always had them, cus of his families heritage))

[before they leave the ship]

Cracern "About damn time."

------

Cracern "Hmm, armoured escorts. Meh, too bad we're not here to see some sights..."
 Redwing
09-17-2004, 12:09 AM
((Ya, wasn't that discussed way back in Cantina 7? Basically IIRC Flax called them the forerunner of the lightsaber, and they were made of some material that looked like steel but wasn't.

Oops, forgot to post that Misae arrived...))

Misae had arrived slightly before Guy, wearing her tattered, badly mended Jedi robes. She still looked haggard, but she did not inject anything into the conversation about Matt.

She followed the others silently, wishing that every step she took was in the other direction. There was a great evil on this planet, practically pulsing with the Dark Side, an evil that felt as if it was watching the group with malevolent black eyes. She felt a great foreboding.

[i]Darkness is triumphing here.
 superthrawn
09-17-2004, 8:59 AM
As guy fastened himself into the contraption he was using, Ritchet jumped lightly from his shoulder and snuggled into a small, unused space in the advanced weapon. He shuddered as he though of what was to come, and what he might have to do.

((Assumed that Ritchet was still on Guy's shoulder, and that he'll stick w/ him in the HBH for the duration of the battle.))
 Deac
09-17-2004, 10:11 AM
*The three Starkillers exit the ship, behind the rest of the group. Orthos wears his gold chain mail, Elella her jedi robes, and Gortick simple leather armour. Elella and Gortick both carry lightsabers, while Orthos has Starkiller slung over his shoulder. The exit the ship, and look around. Orthos walks by Rashcel*

Orthos: First in my family to ever set foot on this world. Not even uncle ever went here.
 Redwing
09-17-2004, 10:34 AM
((OOS: He wouldn't have been on Guy's shoulder when Guy was in the cockpit, but having him on the HBH is just fine. Actually, it's what I wanted to happen. :)

Battledog, check the discussion thread, I have a question for you. [No, it's not anything major ;)]))

"I must confess, I've never been much for the new and different," Raschel replied. "But it looks like that's to be our fate now."
 jokemaster
09-18-2004, 12:38 PM
*right before leaving*
Matt: Well, I'll just have to keep them at a distance.
 Admiral
09-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Midgard: Vidgard

*The group follows Heimdall down a series of corridors, taking what seemed like random turns until finally coming to a nondescript in the middle of another corridor.

The door silently open revealing a somewhat odd briefing room. The room didn't have a lot of decoration as was set up as an amphitheater were enough chairs set up for the entire group (except for Ritchet) next to the chairs was a tank of crystal clear water with a ladder set up for entering and exiting the water.

Up on the dias was a podium and a holoprojector in next to it. Standing on the dias was Vidar talking to Idona. There were also three seats towards the back of the room.

When the group fully entered the room Vidar moves to the podium to speak*

Vidar: Please everyone have a seat. Marin the tank is for you in case you need it or are more comforatable in it.

((Will post the rest later but have to run for now))
 BattleDog
09-18-2004, 3:12 PM
((OSS: I'll post this here because its short and it would have been explained if I could have posted.

Hal's Kit: Some of it he had all along and some he has picked up over the past year, some he has had made.

Matt's training: Hal has been busy building up his store of weapons (He even has full barding for a horse and a lance.) So he hasn't been paying much attention to Mat's training. Jedi shouldn't interfere with each other's Padawans; even though Sir-Vin isn't a true Jedi Hal extended him the curtisy. So he hasn't been paying attention and therefore does not know Mat's trainng is deficiant.

Crash Course Definition: Give him an Axe with a 2 foot haft and shield. "Keep the shield up, don't use the hook on the axe head and don't over reach." Enough to keep Mat alive.

For those who want precise explanations and details of Hal's kit check the discussion thread.))

*Before Briefing room.*

*Hal walks close to Sir-Vin.*

Hal: *Through gritted teeth.* Had I known you were neglecting the boys training I would have interviened months ago. If he dies it will have been your responsibility.
 Scar Da Kookee
09-18-2004, 5:13 PM
*Sir-Vin stops, turns around, and gives Hal a serious 'look'. He then places his hand on Hal's shoulder.

With his hand on Hal's shoulder, he makes Hal hear his thoughts. Complete privaticy...*

Maybe if the circumstances were different in the Universe, maybe I would have given him an alternative, but I can't and I won't just give a mere learner a lightsaber, and tell him to swing it about and expect to swat away what ever enemy that comes to him. Students like him, at HIS age, NEED to have control over themselves FIRST, before anything. Or at least that's I preceive the situation as. I'm sorry if you think I should have spent what little time we had, but even the hardend soldier can find himself in a desprite situation, especally with the odd's we go agenst.

I'd rather see someone able to leave a fight faster then he's able to end it, if he can end it that is.

*Sir-Vin breaks his connection and turns back around and continues, the event only took no more then ten seconds.*
 Redwing
09-18-2004, 5:36 PM
((OOS: Scar, just to say all that would've taken twenty-thirty seconds. :D (And eight months is a little time? ;))

BD: Did your referenced post to the discussion thread get eaten or something? o.O))

Marin looked surprised, but gratified. "Thank you," she replied.

Raschel, Misae Aidan, and Marin took their seats, Marin in the tank. Raschel, unable to help watching the Water-Breather out of the corner of her eye, noticed Marin's ears changing shape slightly, along with the shape of her irises, after a few moments of being submerged. The girl overall looked far more comfortable, her movements fluid, compared to the stiff way Raschel had always seen her walk.

Guy simply approached the seating area in the Spider, retracted its visible weapons, lowered the robotic arms, and turned it in the general direction of the dias.
 Admiral
09-18-2004, 7:55 PM
Midgard: Vidgard

*Svafa, Idun and Gerd take seats in the front row while Heimdall climbs up onto the dias. Heimdall and Vidar grab hands and embrace quickly, Heimdall then takes one of the seats at the back, so does Idona.

Vidar waits until eveyone is seated before speaking again*

Vidar: Welcome to Midgard, and the next leg of your quest. For those who don't know I am Lord Vidar, the ruler of the Vanir...or rather the Aesir as you know us.

For those that first started the quest a year ago you may remember that this was a temperate world and that it was cloaked. Things have since changed dramatically.

*The lights dimm and the holoprojector turns on showing the snow covered planet with a spot of green along the equator. The planet slowly rotates.*

To be blunt our enemies now control the majority of this planet and we no longer have a defensive fleet. So those who thought that this may be an easy quest compared to what you have gone through before are sorely mistaken.

*The rotating globe of midgard freezes. Lines form showing territory controled by the enemy and the Aesir. Red terriroty stood for the enemy, blue for the Aesir. Roughly 75% of the planet was covered in red.*

The map you use has changed, the gate that you seek is located at Castle Ida which unfortuneatly is in enemy held territory.

*The image changes again, this time zooming in on the planet revealing a section of land with Vingard at the bottom and Castle Ida at the top. Most of the land was shaded red.*

Valkyrie Idona will now take over and explain what you are up against as well as outline how you are going to get to the castle.

*Idona stands and walks to the podium will Vidar takes a seat*

Idona: Good morning. As Lord Vidar said our objective is located in Castle Ida it is a two day march North from here and we will be leaving as soon as this breifing is over.

A majority of the journey will be in enemy territory and you need to have some knowledge of the creatures that you will be facing.

First we have the Sith *an image of a Sith appears on the holoprojector*. You meet a small portion of their army on Dagon Fel. Preferred weapon is the lightsaber, use the dark side of the force and unlike normal Sith these thanks to Hel do not stay dead.

The Sith have allied themselves with the Heloki. *an image of a bipedal cat like beast with long claws replaces the Sith* The heloki are feline creatures with long sharp claws able to pierce through armor. They hunt in packs are very fast, and like to eat anyone they capture.

Besides the cats we may be facing the Fenris brood. *The image changes to a large wolf stanidng fully erect next to a man. The wolf was slightly shorter but not by much* Another creature that likes packs is intelligent and fast. Biggest strenght is the size of the pack, where there is one there are at least another twenty.

Now we get to the deadlier opponents.

The Jotuns number six.

*The image changes to show two giants One wreathed in flames another in frost. At the mention of the name Jotun Gerd shudders and Idun puts a comforting arm around her*

three of fire and three of ice. The likely hood of encountering one of them is low most are now assembling in another area.

Then we have the rogue drakes *image changes to show a dragon* It is no stretch of the imagination to say if you see one of them your are their next snack.

We then have Hel *image turns to Hel, a beautiful woman above the waste, a rotting copse below*. Some of you meet her before she is stronger now and would be happy to let your entrails see the light of day. Hel's brother Jormungand *image now of a large serpant* would also love to meet you and kill you. With the Serpant bewarned that he breathes posion. Then you have the oldest sibling of the serpant and Hel, Fenrir who would kill you.

Surt is the lead Jotun, he is the tallest Jotun carries a flaming sword and is himself a fire jotun. Leading all of this is the father of Hel, Jormungand, and Fenrir. His name is Loki had he is perhaps the most dangerous man on the planet. *The holoprojector displays a man with cold blue eyes, long white hair, sporting a white mustache and goatee*. Loki can change his appearance and shape at will and he can do so to others. He is skilled in deception and is subject to mood swings.

Now these leaders of the enemy army are all located south of us and we shouldn't encounter them but you still should be on the look out.

Back to the journey itself *The holoprojector returns to the image of the map*. An armored hover car will take us to the front line after that we must march. To get to the castle we must pass through the plains of Lieskirnir a nomans land. We stop once midday for ten minutes for lunch and then again at nightfall to set up camp. We begin before dawn and keep going stoping once for lunch. By nightfall of the second day we will arrive at the castle take a couple hours of rest infiltrate and reach the gate.

*an image of Caslte Ida appears. the castle stands in ruins although a good portion of the keep remains more or less intact. The castle sits upon a small platue over looking the plaines*.

The enemy razed most of the walls when they took the castle allowing for multiple entry points. Gear will be issued to aid in inflitrating at the castle and we will go over that while enroute.

Since the enemy is marshalling their forces towards south of Vidgrid, the sole temperate zone left in Midgard. We should encounter little resistance.

I know give you over to Lord Heimdall for the final part.

*Idona sits down the holoprojector widens it zoom to now include Vidgrid*

Heimdall: On the ship I told you we had run out of time and that is true. A very large battle is going to be fought at Vidgrid in ten days. After that battle Midgard will be in the enemy's hands and reaching the Castle will be impossible. Some of you may be thinking two days in, two days out that is plenty of time. However we must return in five days for the marshalling of the Aesir. On top of that I and anywho wish to join me have a side trip to retrieve an artifact that will add an additional day.

About this battle at Vidgrid. All of you must march with the Aesir to the battle for no other reason then the Asgardried is being moved to Vidgrid. Svafa, Idun, Idona, Gerd, Lord Vidar, and myself along with the rest of the Aesir all must fight. You however, do not and can stay in the ship until the battle is over.

We are giving you the choice on whether you want to stand with us or sit this one out. We don't want you to decide now just within the next nine days. You need to understand survivalbility of this battle is very low and if you do fight there is a very good chance that you may be killed. Also hold no misconceptions we will not win this battle. Keep that in mind and if you wish to fight with us then just tell one of us.

Now one last thing, the weather outside is extermely cold. You will freeze to death inside an hour if you are not wearing proper protection. For those dressed in the armor I gave you there are spells in it that will keep you warm and protect you. *Looks at Hal* Even your armor Hal will keep you warm. Just because you changed it doesn't negate the spells over it.

For those without armor and those who would like some more protection, there is cold weather gear in another room. And in case you haven't guess Idona is coming with us. Any crash course *looks at Matt, Sir Vin, and then Hal* will have to be taught will enroute or once we stoped for the night.

That is all we have. Any questions?

*the lights in the room raise and the holoprojector shuts off*
 Redwing
09-18-2004, 8:35 PM
"I have questions," Raschel said. "If your enemies have taken the location of the gate, how do you know they haven't destroyed the gate already? Or worse, taken what we need to get?

As for what happens afterwards...what is the point of fighting a battle that you know you won't win?"
 Admiral
09-18-2004, 8:44 PM
Heimdall: Idona...

Idona: Thank you. The enemy may have taken the castle but they have not blinded us to what happens within. There are many defensive measures within that they must get past. They only just managed to get past the first line, there are twenty more to get to the gate.

Heimdall: As far as the battle is concerned it is our duty to fight and whatever damage we do to this armry will add us in the future since there will be less of them around hunting for us.
 jokemaster
09-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Matt: Why do we have to leave the armored car? Wouldn't it be easier to drive close, then get out only about half a kilometer away from it?
 superthrawn
09-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Ritchet shuddered. He knew inside that over the next several days, his resolve would be tested time and again. He knew inside that without a heart of steel, razor sharp mind, and impeccable timing, he would die on those plains of snow, like so many others, like so many that he cared about.

"I will not die here. Not on this plane, not at this time," he swore to himself, softly. He was afraid he might have disturbed Guy, but he didn't move again for a long while, and he was fairly sure Guy didn't know he was there.
 Scar Da Kookee
09-19-2004, 5:47 AM
((Red, he ment that in comparason to how long would it take to provide full training))

*Cracern lightly flicks Richet*

((To a mouse, that should be equivalent to punch, or something

and dont take it personally :P))

Cracern *softly* "Quiet, rodent."

((I cliped the rest out, merely cus i might have to rethink it, i made it when i jsut got up, thinking 'damn, gotta post something...'))
 Deac
09-19-2004, 9:21 AM
*Orthos hears a voice in his head*

We have to fight. It's our fate.

It's our fate to fight each other.

Orthos: You two have been getting along a little well recently. What's the deal?

This isn't the way it's meant to be.

Isn't it? We're both in here because he has to-

He's not meant to know that.

Orthos, at some point you have to make a choice. You can't make it until then, and your options may not be so obvious. Beware

*Orthos raises his hand*

Orthos: What do you mean when you say "Won't stay dead"?
 BattleDog
09-19-2004, 12:20 PM
((Usume Hal asks his question after the others are answered.))

Hal: I'd like to raid your armoury for Matt here and I'd like to know what kind of warfare this battle will be.

((May have another question.))
 Admiral
09-19-2004, 1:38 PM
Heimdall: The car is needed elsewhere, to transport more warriors here for the gathering.

*Orthos's question*

Vidar: We slay them and after a little bit they regenerate and come at us again. Time for their regenerate seems to vary with the wounds inflicted. Worse the wound the longer it takes for them to regenerate.

*Hals Question*

Heimdall: It will be a gentlemen's battle. Ranged weapons will not be used. Weapon wise you are looking at the use of melee weapons. Needless to say if you are not skilled with a sword, lightsaber axe etc. you shouldn't be in the battle.

Vidar: Unfortunatley we can not let you into the armories to arm Matt. As I understand it, it was Sir Vin's duty to provide him with any necessary weapons and armor. Also our armories are devoted to arming our own soldiers for the coming battle.
 jokemaster
09-19-2004, 2:01 PM
*Matt shrugged*
Matt: Eh, I'll survive this somehow.
 BattleDog
09-19-2004, 2:59 PM
Hal: I'll fight, if it's melee I fight best from horseback. If there will be any cavalry thats where I'd be best. Otherwise I'll fight on foot. As regards Matt unless you'll let us back on the ship could you at least spare a pair of practice swords?
 Admiral
09-19-2004, 3:14 PM
Vidar: In practice we use live blades. It is up to the ones practicing to show enough restraint. Only children are given wastrels to use and since we have no more children we have no more wastrels.

And no there will be no calvary this is purely foot combat.
 Redwing
09-19-2004, 3:22 PM
((A bunch of people Ritchet cares about have died on Midgard? o.O))

"This is just the Sith, right?" Raschel asked. "Or does this apply to everyone we'll be fighting?"

"Guy, what about you?" Marin asked through her tank. "Your ship is not that large. We could use it rather than an armored car. Oh, and if the Aesir can't spare any weapons, could *you* perhaps, find something Matt could use?"

"No," Guy said. "My ship cannot be used to transport us. Its power is currently dedicated to making it harder for those old friends we met on Enoy to find us, since we are longer constantly moving from place to place. And no I do not know if they are actually still following us but it is better to take no chances. If they find us they will likely kill us.

"As for Matt, I don't know what I can get for him on such short notice. If he has no previous skill in any sort of weapon I cannot give him anything. Perhaps I can get him a shield or simple protective device of some sort but it may or may not help him much."
 Scar Da Kookee
09-19-2004, 4:11 PM
Sir-Vin "You should give Matthew a little more credit then that. I can very well provide him with a lightsaber. As for a "crash course" that all seem you to think he needs, I will also provide."

*sighs* "I trained Matthew for mental discipline, he does show that he would need more progression, take him violating your very rules of entering restricted areas of the Asgardried. I saw it to prioritise him to be able to maintain control of himself, and not just to be able to swing a weapon. You Aesir are probably alot older then what even I can comprehend, and from the appearence of your lifestyle, you've lived with your methods of being superoir in combat. With that in mind, I wouldn't doubt that you'd rather value someone who is able to go into a battle and calm mind, rather someone who'd recklessly charge into one."
 Admiral
09-19-2004, 6:14 PM
Vidar: It is just the Sith.

*Sir Vin statement*

Heimdall: Matt needs much more then a crash course but that is all you may have time for. And so you know we prefer that someone goes into battle knowing what they are doing. People who enter a battle who can't control themselves are a liablity. Just like people who can enter a battle completly calm but have no idea how to fight.

Now are there anymore questions? Remember time is working against us.
 Scar Da Kookee
09-19-2004, 7:32 PM
Sir-Vin "Fair enough answer for me. I am sure my counterpart and Matthew are in need of that clothing you mentioned."

Cracern *under his breath* "Smart ass."
 BattleDog
09-20-2004, 1:25 PM
((Warning, prepare for shameless plot twisting to accomidate Hal riding a horse.))

Inteligence Report A233-97556-4435-G

Subject: Rebel Activity.

Text:

All Rebel Activity has ceased in the Outer Rim. We can find no trace of Rebel Forces. We believe the Outer Rim Forces are marshally but can find no evidence.

Report Ends.

----------------------------------------------------

Rebel Transmission, Outer Rim (Intercepted)

?1: The Son of the Wolf Has been found.

?2: Good, can we come to him in time.

?1: Yes.

?3: Prepare the Legion.

?2: By Your Word. Blood and Honour

?1: Blood and Honour

*Transmision ends.*

---------------------------------------------------

Hal: Well gues I'm stuck, I'll work some thing out for Matt. I'll be at the battle.
 Admiral
09-20-2004, 1:41 PM
((BD: How do they know where Hal is?

and I'll be honest there is a reason why I said no calvary. The battle will be a purely on foot))
 Scar Da Kookee
09-20-2004, 3:03 PM
Sir-Vin "Hal,..." *shakes head* "You don't need to stress yourself, like I said, I will take care of it."
 Redwing
09-20-2004, 3:45 PM
"Why don't you two stop bickering and let Matt decide?" Raschel said. "Or work together to give him his 'crash course'. Honestly, I never imagined Jedi could be such rude people."

"Irvine's not a Jedi," Misae muttered in a low voice. Raschel heard her.

"Well, Hal is," she answered. "And Irvine...er, Sir-vin...is close enough."
Page: 4 of 5