Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 13: Rebellion

Page: 20 of 22
 BattleDog
08-07-2005, 3:19 PM
((Cracken, Hal is the son, Taklin is the father. Doesn't really matter regards that post but you should keep it in mind.))

Temple

*Hal clips his sabres to his belt.*

Hal: The Council wishes to speak with all of you if, after that, you still wish to speak with master skywalker alone The Council may allow it. The Jedi are still dispersed and it will take some time to gather the Council. In the meantime you can wait in the Temple, please follow me.

*Hal exits through the same door and leads Cracken's group to a small spartanly furnished waiting room. within the room are chairs, table and a jug of water with four glasses.*

((Red, get that ship to the Temple.))
 jokemaster
08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
((Cracken: From the books I've read Luke hasn't kept it a secret, so I'd assume it's public knowledge.))
*The voice spoke again*
Bauer: Don't worry I have my own transportation. I'll head there now, the temple, right?
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Jedi Temple

*Alysara and Irvine carry thier father to the small room, and help him into a chair. He gave a nod, and floated a glass of water to himself. After drinking it, he went back to his trance, and was quiet.*
 Redwing
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
((OOS: V. short on time so this is brief))

Topside

Alunsina: We're almost there.

*The ship approaches the Jedi Temple and lands just outside*
 jokemaster
08-08-2005, 12:24 PM
*Bauer got on his own speeder and headed to the temple closely behind Alunsina's ship. He landed farther away and quickly headed to the temple. *
 BattleDog
08-08-2005, 4:54 PM
*Flax debarks and heads directly for the Council chamber, once there he takes his seat as the others began to arrive.*

((All those with Council members on planet, get ready.*
 Deac
08-08-2005, 6:20 PM
Deac: Cracken again. I can't quite remember the last time we met, but I don't think we were on great terms...

*He strides off inside the Temple toward where Cracken is*
 Writer
08-08-2005, 7:27 PM
Alyssa went to the Council chamber, followed closely by Riebe. When they reached the doorway, Riebe stopped. Alyssa frowned and turned to face her.

"What is it?" she asked. Riebe smiled.

"I am not a member of the Council," she answered. "I will wait out here for you."

Alyssa's frown deepened, but she left her former master and took her seat in the Council chamber. She nodded a greeting to Flax as she sat.

((Remember that Alyssa is here much earlier than she was expected to be. :) ))
 jokemaster
08-09-2005, 12:02 AM
*Bauer stopped when he saw Riebe decide not to go in, and went in anyway. He didn't think skywalker was going to kick him out, and he was more than a little curious*
 BattleDog
08-09-2005, 4:57 PM
((Deac: Is uh...Deac on the Council?))

*Sensing Deac heading towards Cracken Flax sends him a message.*

Unity, we meet him together.

((I think sending that kind od message is canon.))

*Luke Kam Solusar and Kyp Durron enter and take their seats.*
 Admiral
08-09-2005, 7:57 PM
((Jedi Council:

NPC Members:
Luke Skywalker, Streenm, Kam Solusar, Kyp Durron

Player Members:

Taklin Flax, (Deac), (Red), (JM)

Absent Members:

Corran Horn (NPC), (Wildjedi), (Admiral), (I think this spot is still free) ))
 Writer
08-09-2005, 8:47 PM
((My council character is here now... she's taken her seat, in fact. :) ))
 Kuuki
08-10-2005, 12:20 AM
((Smiles))
 Redwing
08-10-2005, 2:22 AM
((OOS: Forgive me but I don't recall my council member's name and I have little time left to post so I'll figure that out tomorrow. Just assume that she's there :D))

Jedi Temple

*Starr stands next to Cracken as Halren speaks to him, eyes lowered in a gesture intended to show his lower station.

Outside, Alunsina looks at Rwos*

Alunsina: Your rapid healing is kicking in well... ouch, they got you right in a chink of your armor. Right through your spinal cord. No wonder you went down for the count. You should get that fixed.

Rwos: Alunsina, get out of here.

Alunsina: Why... how rude! I've always wanted to see the real Jedi Temple and now that I get a chance---

Rwos: If you blow your cover now then your life and perhaps the lives of many others will be jeopardized. I guarantee you the Shadows will have their observation system back online before you know it. Please listen to me and leave now!

Alunsina: Fine, fine... see you soon then, Termand...

*She gets back into her ship, closes the cockpit and flies away. Rwos pulls himself off the ground*
 Deac
08-10-2005, 2:14 PM
[Deac's not on the council, but he wants to see how this plays out and is fairly sure no-one will stop him. However, I did have Jedi Master Gavaan, a Kel Dor earlier on in the thread]

Council Chamber

*Master Gavaan enters, ragged from the battle on the streets*

Gavaan: You all feel it too. He is coming. *He sits in his seat*

*The doors both open as Deac strides in*

Gavaan: Ah. The one who rejected our way and never should have been one of us.

Deac: Master. Nice to see you again.
 jokemaster
08-10-2005, 2:23 PM
*Bauer sat down, and made himself visible. He looked almost exactly like he had when Riebe had last seen him, except he know had a large scar on his cheek and a smaller one on his forehead.*
 Writer
08-10-2005, 2:41 PM
Alyssa glanced at Bauer and smiled. "You must be the invisible man Riebe spoke of before we got here," she said. "Clever trick, but it leaves me with a question. Why do you want to hide?"

((Don't forget, JM... Riebe isn't in the room and therefore can't see Bauer and Alyssa doesn't know who he is.))
 jokemaster
08-10-2005, 3:00 PM
Bauer: Who said I'm hiding from her? Or maybe she's got a grudge against me. Or maybe I'm hiding from her to protect her. There are a number of reasons, pick your own.
 Writer
08-10-2005, 7:27 PM
"I'll buy that you're hiding from her to protect her," Alyssa said thoughtfully. "After all, she's the one who trained me and I've seen first hand that she's not the most stable person in the galaxy... if you truly know her, I suppose you'd know that."

((Since it's been so long since Bauer and Riebe have been in contact, he might be surprised that she's emotionally unstable... after all, she was stable enough to be the leader of the Sith Hunters when he knew her.))
 jokemaster
08-10-2005, 8:15 PM
((Yeah, but not being dead for over a millemium and not telling her? He wouldn't be suprised if she was pissed. Plus remember that he's been keeping an eye on her))
Bauer was slightly surprised but showed nothing.
"Exactly. "
 Writer
08-10-2005, 8:22 PM
((Ah, yes... forgot that. Oh, and she'd be more than pissed... she probably wouldn't believe him at first. After he gets her believing, she'll be an emotional basketcase for a little while... all mixed emotions, ya know. :D ))
 BattleDog
08-11-2005, 5:16 PM
Council Chamber

*Streen enters and takes his seat. A moment later the comm on Luke's chair chimes.*

Luke: This is Master Skywalker.

Comm: Master, we have Master Horn's uplink.

Luke: Very well, patch it through

*A moment later the image of Corran Horn appeared in his place.*

Luke: Very well, now we are all here we should no keep Lord Craken waiting.

Waiting room.

*Hal re-enters.*

Hal: You will follow me, please.
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-12-2005, 12:56 AM
((OOS: It's CraCken. LOL))

*Alysara nudges her father, and he breaks from his Jedi Trance. *

Alysara: They are ready for us.

*She begins to help him stand, but he waves her off, and for the first time since thr fight, stands on his own. Taking a few minutes of concentration, he gains strength, and takes a step forward, only to slightly stumble, but regains his Imperial poise. He's the Emperor, and last Sith Lord, he will NOT appear weak.

((This description will be edited if necessary, going on Eps. I, II, and III of the council chamber))

They follow Hal, and were lead to the center of the Council Chamber. BEfore them, the greatest Jedi of the current generation sat before them. He could feel the fear, yet confidence of thier abilities. He could sense anxiousness, for who else before him as a SIth came before the council in such a manner.

Alysara and Cracken bowed.*

Cracken: I, Dark Lord of the Sith Cracken Hideki Palpatine, come before the council, to explain myself, and request to speak with Master Skywalker in private, if the council shall permit. But first, my daughter wishes to speak...

*ALysara stepped slightly forward and bowed*

ALysara: Jedi Masters of the COuncil, Master Skywalker, I greatly appreciate you gesture in my coming into the Force, for the Holocron presented to me was a wonderful aid in my training, however... *she paused.. thinking of how she should put her words* This artifact belongs to you order, not the Order of the Sith.

*She reached into her pack, and pullled out the Holocron, and with two arms, extended them to hold the Holocron before her, and she bowed her head*

Alysara: As such, I return it to the Council, as you can use it to aid your students. A Sith should never hold such relics.
 BattleDog
08-12-2005, 7:10 AM
*Luke inclines his head to Alysara.*

Luke: The Holocron was freely given in good faith. You are right that no Sith should hold it, but no Sith would return it to us. As such the Council asks, "What are you?"

*When Luke finishes speaking Flax takes up the thread.*

Flax: The Jedi is a servant of the Force, he suborns his own needs to those of the galaxey. None of us here have led our lives as perfect Jedi, many of us have wives and children, some here once called themselves Sith. What makes us Jedi is that despite our flaws we resist the pull of the darkside, we spurn it and embrace the light.

Kam: No Sith has ever been brought before the Council, save in chains. The Jedi and the Sith cannot co-exist, there has never been peace between our orders. You have your own agenda but you are in the Jedi Temple and here our concerns are paramount.

Streen: We do not sence in you the conviction of Sith, nor the serenity of the Jedi. You are neither.

Luke: Soon there will come a time when you must choose, that is your destiny.

((I'm afraid I will be gone for 12 days starting tomorrow, so if you could hold off the new thread till then.))
 jokemaster
08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
*Bauer leaned backwards in his chair, watching with interest*
 Kuuki
08-12-2005, 12:16 PM
*Irvine stands in the council chambers along side of his father. He keeps a silent awe being infront of these Jedi, each embracing the light side of The Force. Reguardless of their claims to be not 'prefect', Irvine thought that they were far much more then he was. None the less, he kept his emotions in check...

Suddenly Irvine felt a slight chill in the back of his mind, nothing much more then he could think of a stray thought. As he thinks to himself 'It's been a long long day. I'm just tired thats all...'*
 jokemaster
08-12-2005, 1:09 PM
*Bauer shifted his gaze from Cracken to Irvine. He decided to check out what his personality was, and looked straight at his eyes*
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-12-2005, 1:20 PM
*Alysara stood slightly dumbfounded.. what was she, the council was right, she didn't have the burning hatred of the Sith, nor the resistance to the Dark Side of the Jedi... her father stepped forward and began to speak*

Cracken: If I may, esteemed Masters, I think I have an answer to your question.

Long since our two orders have existed, we have always been in a state of war. You are right, the Sith and the Jedi cannot co-exist in any form. My father proved that,as did the countless other Sith Lords, Exar Kun, Mallek, Reven, Ragnos, and others. Those who came before me were so pulled into the Dark Side, so tempted by it's power and driven by such anger and hate that it consumed them, and inevitably, brought them to ruin.

*Cracken sighed* It may be said that I may be the blight on the Order of the Sith. I cannot say how it happened, but I can say when. During the fight, here, on the Imperial Center, something... changed. I pushed away the hate for a brief period, and came into the Light. I don't understand it, as much as I under stand the Jedi Order, but it did something.

I think, Master Jedi's, that my experiences in the Force may have caused me to do something unheard of in both of our orders. As the Jedi spurn the Dark Side, and the Sith the opposite, neither orders have used both. An incredible task within the Force, to balance oneself to be able to use both, but never fall to either side. I think I may be on the path to achieve this balance.

I will never spurn the Dark Side as you have. It is all I have known within the Force, to do so would prove to be my undoing. Yet as incomprehensable as it may seem, I'm no longer truely a being of hatred, rage, agression. I am human, and unlike your order, I let my emotions guide me through the Force, be them the emotions that bring one to the Dark Side, or the logic and compassion that brings one to the Light.

Therefore, I belive it is my destiny, now my families destiny to never chose between the Light and the Dark, but to forge the path into the middle ground, and bring true balance to the Force. I choose to remain the Dark Lord of the Sith, because it is my rightful title, but for all extents and purposes, the Sith Order is forever changed.

The Sith from this day forth will never be the Order it once was. Therefore, Master Jedi's, I offer something the Sith Lords of the Old Republic would have never done before.

I offer a true lasting peace between our two houses, until the day comes where we can erase the idea and preconseption that the Sith are evil, a scourge, and re-unite all Force users under one calling.
 Kuuki
08-12-2005, 6:14 PM
*As Cracken begins to speak he turns to look at him, as he continued to speak, Irvine grew more and more surprised at Cracken.

Then he turned fully at his Father, not to mention a wided-eyed surprised look when he mentioned of the offer.*
 Deac
08-12-2005, 6:27 PM
*Deac's jaw drops. Master Gavaan turns to look at Master Skywalker*
 Writer
08-12-2005, 7:38 PM
Alyssa blinked. Twice. Then, she too turned her gaze to Skywalker. For her part, she liked the idea, but she wondered if the proposed peace could truly occur.

Just outside the Council

Riebe was satisfying her curiosity by listening in, though she could not see what was going on inside. When Cracken made the offer of peace, she pulled away from the door and stared hard at it.

"What?" she whispered to herself. She shook her head in amazement. "That is unheard of..." Her words trailed off and she began listening again just as Alyssa spoke.

The Jedi Council

"I like the idea," Alyssa said softly. "But can a rivalry this old be completely forgotten?" She glanced at Cracken, but her speech was still directed to the others on the Council. "How can we trust him... and how can he trust us?"
 Kuuki
08-12-2005, 8:57 PM
Irvine "Father,.. That is... I mean, how do you plan to do that? I highly doubt that even you can, father can stop anyone from embracing one's emotions and to find themselves easily corrupt from those set emotions and like dominos, fall endlessly into the Dark Side?"
 jokemaster
08-13-2005, 12:36 AM
*Bauer was taken completely by suprise, and his face betrayed it. He spoke*
Bauer: No truce is ever perfect, and there is always a chance that a few might attempt to break it. Some will still fall completely to the dark side, and some will still see the sith as evil. What matters is that the majority holds the truce, and that we cooperate in the matter of those who don't, instead of letting them break it. But I have to say, in all my long life I never thought I'd hear a sith say that. And I'm glad I lived to see it.

((ooc: remember cracken, this is a guy that looks 18-20 years old.
WJ: So did Riebe overhear Bauer and Alyssa too?))
 Redwing
08-13-2005, 12:03 PM
((I'm actually very glad BD is going away for 12 days, since for the next ten days (and especially next weekend) I'll be having trouble posting myself... but I'll be doing so as much as I can... [unfortunately, right now I only have two minutes, just long enough to write this]))
 Kuuki
08-13-2005, 1:50 PM
((you're too lazy and you know it :P))
 jokemaster
08-13-2005, 7:39 PM
((Eh, just found out I'm going on a trip tuesday for at least a week. So what do you know, that's 3 of us who won't be able to post. ))
 Cmdr. Cracken
08-13-2005, 11:06 PM
((Oh, i see, i come back and get involved, and now none of you can post.

I hate you all. ^^))
 Admiral
08-14-2005, 12:35 AM
((I could reply but the Aesir aren't around at the moment, and my Jedi Master is absent. ;) ))
 Redwing
08-14-2005, 2:09 AM
Jedi Council

*Amarante Kaya, a female Togruta, young in appearance, but wearing a face too grave for her apparent age, speaks up quietly*

Kaya: Much pride you have, Cracken Hideki. Much pride to think you can walk the path between darkness and light. Your intentions are good, and the light calls to you. But your power and your pride may well be your downfall. There have been others like you, who thought themselves wise, yet hard, their falls were.
 Deac
08-14-2005, 8:50 AM
[Well there's one way to solve this lack of postage crisis...

Imperial Base Somewhere In The Rim:

Officer: They're closing down the project. Terminate all units.

Tech: But it was getting interesting.

Officer: I know, but they've decided the Imperial Mind Matrix isn't worth it anymore.
*Several bodies are flushed out the airlock*
Syrnl: Looks like I win, Starkiller! Muahahahahahahahahaha!

THE END????]

By the way, the above is a pointless link to a way forgotten arc back in cantina 3...
 Kuuki
08-14-2005, 6:12 PM
((In our latest news, Deac Starkiller has been found in the streets, staggering around with what seems to be illegal substances and not to mention some strong alcohol...))
 Writer
08-14-2005, 9:01 PM
((.... just how strong is this alcohol? (looks up and shudders) don't answer that.....))
 Kuuki
08-14-2005, 9:49 PM
((dont make me link this to dss))
 Writer
08-15-2005, 12:29 AM
((dss? "I'm afraid I don't have the pleasure of understanding you, sir."))
 Redwing
08-15-2005, 1:25 AM
((Someone we know from the Rogue Squadron main community forum [aka the infamous Aresen].))
 Deac
08-15-2005, 9:19 AM
[*Small child approaches drunken Deac
Child: You told me to "just say no!" *Throws Deac Starkiller paraphenailia at Deac*]
 Rogue15
08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Kioet: I couldn't just give it to you, it's rigged to blow up if I attempt to take it off. And if you kill me, it would blow up anyway. There's got to be another way.
 Writer
08-18-2005, 4:05 PM
((.... um, so what's happening with this thread??))
 Redwing
08-18-2005, 4:38 PM
((Waiting, at the moment. :D))

Underlevels

Raschel: You're lying. Your suit contains no explosive matter except weapon ammunition. Besides, eliminating that suit altogether is a completely acceptable option for us.
 Rogue15
08-19-2005, 12:14 AM
*Kioet sighs*
Kioet: There's thousands more where this came from. When I got fitted with the suit it was just a prototype, I wouldn't be the least surprised if they've started mass producing them already, they're gonna need to, if they wish to outfit the entire vanguard army. I was probably sent here as a scout, not expected to make it, so they could estimate how many would be needed to take you all down. *Kioet pauses for a brief moment* You all might as well go back to wherever the hell ya came from.
Page: 20 of 22