Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USA Successor

Page: 1 of 5
 yaebginn
07-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Eventually America is going to stop being the best. Hopefully, it'll happen way after I'm dead, but it has to eventually. So what do you think will be our succesor? Name a specific country.
 Luke'sMaster
07-02-2004, 11:56 AM
what do u mean by "America is the best" like what is it the best in? And what will the succesor be better than america at? More fat people? (just the truth nothing against them or anything)
 yaebginn
07-02-2004, 12:07 PM
It is a fact that America is the most powerful country. It is the strongest and really new. Thats pretty impressive. I'm sorry if I offended you by calling it the best. I forget that there are other coutnries here. But face it, we are startistically the best.
 Luke'sMaster
07-02-2004, 2:47 PM
Actually no you didn't offend me because I live in the U.S. myself and it's also another fact that they have the most obeise people (one that I am not) but it is said 2/3 people in America are obeise.
 Alegis
07-02-2004, 8:38 PM
2/3 is bull****. I know i dont live in the US but ive been there, seen a lot of stuff etc. 2/3 is a very big exaggeration

i think usa will stay like that (the powa)
 yaebginn
07-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I dont agree with two thirds either. I mean, there is some fat people, but not as large as two thirds. Thats just impossible.
 GlobalStrike
07-03-2004, 5:02 PM
Yeah, i'm not so sure about 2/3 either. I hope it's just an exaggeration. :jawa :jawa
 Luke'sMaster
07-03-2004, 9:25 PM
Hmmm well I guess u can't trust what you hear on the news at all but I would atleast think it was somewhere around 1/3 and you have to remember, there are a boat load of people who live in America and there are also a boatload of fast food restraunts that are trying to make some money off these people and so far Mcdonald is not gonna be working in a farm for much longer if he keeps making this money in America (scuse my punn)
 obi
07-05-2004, 7:12 AM
You people are crazy.

I'll leave it at that.

=)
 Luke'sMaster
07-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Maybe but your the super Mod so you have complete control over us and I guess its our job to be crazy on this forum. Although if u want me to stop being crazy just pm me and I will obey your EVERY command. (well maybe not EVERY)
 Mort-Hog
07-05-2004, 12:48 PM
America has a higher crime rate than any other European country, more gun crimes than all of Europe combined and an ever-worsening racial poverty situation.

I'd think the obesity is probably more than 2/3. It's just that you're used to seeing fat people, and so fat is normal.

America has a government controlled by companies and corporations, with a chimp as President. America has a laughable democracy, without a single realistic left-wing party, with only backwards conservatives. America runs by the same constitution has it did 200 years ago, completely ignoring what values and norms are applicable today (the best example being the 'right to bear arms', a constitutional right that serves no purpose today). In fact, the concept of a constitution is highly undemocratic.

America still has the death penalty, with no signs of abolishing it in the forseeable future, and is one of the very few countries in the world that executes children (together with Pakistan and Nigeria. Even China don't execute minors).

America is ridiculously individualistic and does little to help its citizens, without any form of national health care and a highly class divided education system.

But America will fall, if things don't change radically, because the American economy is based on oil. And oil is running out, quickly. Without oil, America (and Europe) would collapse.
 Doomie
07-05-2004, 1:30 PM
wow... you suddenly turned this thread a little more serious...
 yaebginn
07-05-2004, 2:10 PM
for starters, Bush isnt a chimp. He may resemble a monkey in some physical features, but he is an itelligent leader. The constitution is still the same because it works. why change what was good? second ammenedment is fine. and why should america bow to other beliefs? Homsexuality? Never! We arent like Europe or any of those other countries. We are different. Bush is against abortion (the killing of children) but the death penalty is good. It keeps criminals from coming back and killing more. The death penalty is good. It does help its citizens and we're all doing fine. Where, I ask, are you from? If from America, then you're pretty screwed up and obviously dislike your country and want it to be like the others overseas.
 GlobalStrike
07-05-2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
wow... you suddenly turned this thread a little more serious...

You could say that again. :jawa :jawa
 Luke'sMaster
07-05-2004, 3:25 PM
Bush.....a chimp...... I guess I could see how some would think that....lol
 Mort-Hog
07-05-2004, 7:50 PM
Yes, I'm sure Bush can't spell "intelligent" either.

Right. So you're saying American society is exactly the same as it was 200 years ago. Why give those women the right to vote? Why give them equality in the work place? Why ensure that ethnic minorities aren't discriminated against?
They never had any of that 200 years ago, and they were fine!

Wake up. They were not fine. It is not good. Society changes, people change, values change. The only thing that doesn't change is the constitution, forcing way outdated values onto the country.

The arguments against homosexuality are entirely religious. The state should be totally separate from the church, and so there is no reason why the state should have any opinion on homosexuality at all. You don't even have to get into 'moral' arguments, even though they are pretty ridiculous, to realise that there is no reason why there should be any legal discrimination against homosexuals.

Yes, America is 'different'. America is several decades in the past. American conservatives want to pretend that this is still the 1950s.

The aim of every civilised country is to reach a state where they can abolish the death penalty. Even China have been reducing their executions.
The death penalty simply doesn't work.
If the death penalty is supposed to 'frighten' criminals away, why does America still have such a high murder rate? Why does America have more murders than any European country, countries that have long since abolished the death penalty?
Perhaps it is because they have realised that 'frightening' criminals away simply doesn't work, and that they have combatted the causes of crime. Providing help and support and welfare for its citizens, so they don't feel the need to commit crimes.

Being a blind flag-waving patriot does nothing but irritate people. It is not useful. America has problems, serious problems, and countries overseas have solved those problems in their countries. Looking to them is the way forward. The world is moving on, and America is being left behind.
 yaebginn
07-05-2004, 9:21 PM
actually, there is a system set up so that you can ammend the constitution. so its still all good. Alot of the reason against gay marriage is religious, but its also for some others. Such as health. Gays are a large spreader of STDs. And you still havent answered what country you're from. Embarrassed? Think that I'll find way more things wrojng with your country than you can against mine? Death Penalty isnt to scare away murderers, its to eliminate them.
 ET Warrior
07-06-2004, 2:04 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
but its also for some others. Such as health. Gays are a large spreader of STDs. Death Penalty isnt to scare away murderers, its to eliminate them.

Heterosexuals are ALSO a large spreader of STD's. Heteros pass on std's when they have unprotected sex just as often as gays do. So that argument is invalid.

Yes, it eliminates them, and what a good job it does helping with things. I mean, it's totally reduced the murder rates in the US. Except it hasn't.
 Mort-Hog
07-06-2004, 6:05 AM
Yes, it kills individual criminals, but what exactly is the point?

The crime has already been comitted and the victim is dead. Nothing you can do can change that. The individual criminal is irrelevant, it is the system that is important.
You are doing nothing to prevent crimes being committed in the future. You are doing nothing to stop people becoming criminals in the first place. If people don't have the reason or the means to kill, they won't kill.

The way to combat crime is to look at why and how people commit crimes and by making/changing laws to affect that. There is a well documented link between crime and poverty. Or perhaps we need to look at America's ridiculus gun laws.

But wait! that's a constitutional right, that is!
How easy exactly is it to change the constitution? It isn't. And sometimes that's a good thing, as curious George wants to make homosexual marriage illegal.
But if you can change it, why not abolish it?

I propose that instead of having a universal 'constitution', each party has their own 'constitution' and outlines what they will and will not do (of course, first you'd have to have parties that aren't exactly the same). That way, when you vote, you vote in a 'constitution' and that Government has to follow their constitution.
This way, voters know exactly what they're voting for and what that party is likely to do if elected.
And also, that way, voting is far more important. A new party will be a completely different system and the country will be run in a completely different way. The way the country is run is decided by the people.
That is democracy, is it not?
Having a constitution, forcing a party to do something or rather, even though it might go against party policy, that is not democracy. The people have no control over the constitution.

A 'constitution' does make sense, though, in a union of different countries, as in the EU, so that Europe is all run the same way. The EU isn't run by winner-takes-all like in the US, but rather the number of votes decides how much power a certain party has.
 Mort-Hog
07-06-2004, 6:08 AM
Also, what difference does it make what country I live in?

I am not a patriot, I do not blindly 'love' whichever landmass I happened to be born on.

You were saying that America is better than every other country in the world. I am saying that it isn't.
Now I could go through every single country and express how it is "better" than America, but that is tedious.

For sake of argument, you can assume that I am from... Bulgaria. Yes.

I'll pick another once you've exhausted that one.
 Doomie
07-06-2004, 7:24 AM
Er... Is bulgaria a communist land? Cause when i look at your avatar... Anyway, mort-hog says exactly what i want to say only he does it better so i'll leave it to him :D

I think this thread is ready to move to the senate chambers on JK2.net...
 yaebginn
07-10-2004, 2:04 PM
America is the strongest. It is the most powerful. I was wrong in using the term 'best' because that is basd on opinion. But statistically, it is.
 Luke'sMaster
07-10-2004, 4:08 PM
statistically on what? Power? Nukes?
 ET Warrior
07-10-2004, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by Luke'sMaster
statistically on what? Power? Nukes?

Obesity :indif:
 Luke'sMaster
07-10-2004, 5:19 PM
I already mentioned that above if u havent been paying attention.
 ET Warrior
07-10-2004, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by Luke'sMaster
I already mentioned that above if u havent been paying attention.

Yes. I noticed the talk about America's obesity problem already. You'll note that I have been posting in this thread, so i'm obviously paying attention. :dozey:
 Lyrnx
07-11-2004, 8:10 AM
The state should be totally separate from the church, and so there is no reason why the state should have any opinion on homosexuality at all.

2 things...

You forget that
1. THE STATES WERE MADE BY THE CHURCH!!!

and
2. HOMOSEXUALITY IS BOTH WRONG AND AGAINST GOD WHO HELPED FOUND AMERICA IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Not to be rude in anything but America is beginning to stray from God....

NOTE: For those of you who don't know.. Christianity is not a religion, but a lifestyle...

Lyrnx
 Doomie
07-11-2004, 9:35 AM
Alright...

1. that may be, but one of the points in the thread was that america's laws and stuff are based around an old system. My country, holland, was once a tiny state controlled by a celtic barbarian king, but that doesn't mean we go around worshipping oaktrees, chopping off heads where we go. I hope this illustrates what i mean.

2. as an atheist, i can safely say that in my vision, if there was a god, he probably didn't create the USA, and if so, made a mistake doing so. I'm not against the states in particualr but those points that Mort-hog named where pretty good ones... and in my atheistic vision, nothing is wrong with homosexuality. they can't deny who they are...

Another NOTE: Christianity includes a God. Where i come from, that's called a religion. (or actually religie but let's not get picky here). Humanism, that's a lifestyle.

(cuz it doesn't have a God.)
 ET Warrior
07-11-2004, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by Lyrnx
NOTE: For those of you who don't know.. Christianity is not a religion, but a lifestyle...

Really. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=christianity):dozey):
 yaebginn
07-11-2004, 1:48 PM
that said nothing to prove lyrnx wrong. It said something about the christian religion. But not christianity. It is a lifestyle. This has not much to do with anything, but the word christian was inteneded as an insult. The romans, I believe called christians that to make fun of them, calling them little Jesus's. But we accepted it as our name. a little fun fact.
 Doomie
07-11-2004, 2:14 PM
hmm... Didn't know all that.

But then what's the difference between the lifestyle and the religion?

If this can't be explained quickly i'll make another thread about it.
 Lyrnx
07-11-2004, 2:21 PM
But then what's the difference between the lifestyle and the religion

Example of a religion: Buddhism, Hinduism, etc...

Example of a lifestyle: Your daily life! For Christians it would be Christianity...

Lyrnx
 yaebginn
07-11-2004, 2:23 PM
a lifestyle is the way you live your life, a religion is your beliefs on a higher power or whatever. Like, vegetarianism is a lifestyle. Lyrnx, whats your aim name or email.
 Doomie
07-11-2004, 2:44 PM
So if i believe in the christian god, i follow the christian religion and if i go to church on sunday i follow christian lifestyle?

Guess i'm not so atheist as i first thought. Afterall, there's gotta be something that created stuff right?
 ET Warrior
07-11-2004, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Lyrnx
Example of a religion: Buddhism, Hinduism, etc...

Example of a lifestyle: Your daily life! For Christians it would be Christianity...

:eyeraise: That is the most non-sensical thing I've ever heard. Buddhism is more of a lifestyle than Christianity.

Buddhists live their lives as buddhists, hindus live their lives as hindus, so according to your logic, there is no such thing as religion. :dozey:
 ET Warrior
07-11-2004, 7:44 PM
that said nothing to prove lyrnx wrong. It said something about the christian religion. But not christianity.

The state or fact of being a Christian.

So, being a christian has nothign to do with being a religion? You people confuse me.
 yaebginn
07-11-2004, 7:47 PM
not nothing to do with, just isnt the same as. Christianity is a lifestyle, because it follows you through your daily life. Everything I do is backed up by my experince in living as a christian. If someone got me mad, I wouldnt swear, because I was raised as a christian and while some christians will slip up every now and again, most that I know dont.
 ET Warrior
07-11-2004, 9:44 PM
Christians aren't supposed to curse? Where does it say in the bible that you can't say damn or ass? I'm pretty sure those words were USED in the bible....

And your desciption means that Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, and the like are all lifestyles too. So in that case there's no such thing as religion, just lifestyles :rolleyes:

(though atheism really is a lifestyle, and not a religion....)
 Lyrnx
07-11-2004, 9:48 PM
So if i believe in the christian god, i follow the christian religion and if i go to church on sunday i follow christian lifestyle?

Uh no... First you gotta accept that you are a sinner, and that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose again on the third day and trust Him as your Lord and Saviour.

Good works don't get a man(or woman...) saved from Hell... Only Jesus' bloodshed will...

there's gotta be something that created stuff right?
Wasn't no "Big Boom", giant gas cloud, etc...

if there was a god, he probably didn't create the USA, and if so, made a mistake doing so.

America was founded FOR GOD and BY GOD. It was us americans and our sinful nature that made it how it is today.

That is the most non-sensical thing I've ever heard.

Ya i kinda screwed up a bit in that post...

[QUOTE]Christians aren't supposed to curse? Where does it say in the bible that you can't say damn or ass? I'm pretty sure those words were USED in the bible....[QUOTE]

Here's the thing. in the Bible and Ass was refering to a donkey. not someone's butt. The Damned are those souls who refused Christ and went to Hell.

Nowadays *pardon* damn is a curse word and not used as much as refering to those who go to Hell. Plus the Bible says to stay away from any foul language. There is no excuse for cursing.
"But i.." Nope. No true excuse...

PM me to know more... Can't fit it all in a post :P

Lyrnx
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 10:48 PM
yeabginn, lyrnx: travel around the world a little please (not only for vacations at the beach).

You'll soon learn that there are many ways of living and thinking (and that the US is not the center of the universe). None of those ways of living is completely right or bad: there are good things and bad things everywhere you go. Ways of life also tend to change with time: it's called evolution. So who's the best? That also tends to change according to geography, timeline, sex, age, income, religion, etc...Truth is not as simple as you think.

I've travelled a lot and I've seen atrocites, painful as well as beautiful things. Sometimes one beside each other, at the same place at the same time...

My opinion about religion and life: the important thing is, no matter what you are and what you believe (or don't believe) in, the essential is to try to make life better, not only yours but that of everyone around you (sometimes it takes so little). Don't render other people's life miserable.

Erm...how did I ended up here? :eyeraise:
 yaebginn
07-11-2004, 11:24 PM
ET, the Bible says 'Do not let anything unwholesome come out of your mouth' that means swearing. And America isnt the center of the universe. Alot of countries are good to, but statistically, America is the most powerful and richest, which basically makes it the best. Oh, it also is all about freedom, which contributes greatly to its greatness and it is one of the yungest coutnries, yet grew really fast to be awesome. What is the best country to you and why? Oh, and Mort-hog, it does matter what country you're from because in a debate, our ground should be fairly equal. I am from America, now to balance things out, you SHOULD tell me yours. You wont, which I think is cowardice, but thats your deal.
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 11:36 PM
America is the most powerful and richest, which basically makes it the best.
If this is your criteria (military and economical power) I won't argue with you...I think it is self explanatory...and sad... :rolleyes:
Truly, you should do some serious reading about history and some travelling as well.
 ET Warrior
07-12-2004, 2:34 AM
ET, the Bible says 'Do not let anything unwholesome come out of your mouth' that means swearing.
The bible also says it's okay to stone your wife to death if she cheats on you. Do you follow that part of the bible? Just curious.

How is swearing unwholesome? And how is swearing defined? Where is the line crossed? Some people say that damn is okay, some say it's not. Some people don't like the word crap. Does it line it out in the bible? I'd like to know which words are earning me a place in Hell.
 Doomie
07-12-2004, 6:15 AM
WEll... can't say this thread got boring since ET got here...

Just for the Record: I'm from holland. Wich is a lot like America. Only we allow gay marriage, possession of soft-drugs, and are a lot more tolerant about a lot of things. Here, the 'state' IS seperated from the church, and by the looks of it, that's saing us a lot of trouble.

We also have a Queen, but that's another story.
 yaebginn
07-12-2004, 8:56 AM
and cursing doesnt make you go to hell. Living does. You have to accept God and then you're saved, it doenst matter if you never cuss. And since Jesus died for us, alot of things in the Old testament dont apply. Because of him dying, we dont have to give sacrifices, kill our wives, and the like. I'm about to go t church, but when I get back, I have a whole list of verses against curses and other various words. Your country is fine, but its no America. I mean, we were built on the Church, we should honor it. It's also way smaller, we have a ton of people and it'd really screw the country up if the dam broke and drugs were legal, gays could marry and such.
 Lyrnx
07-12-2004, 9:29 AM
and cursing doesnt make you go to hell. Living does. You have to accept God and then you're saved, it doenst matter if you never cuss. And since Jesus died for us, alot of things in the Old testament dont apply. Because of him dying, we dont have to give sacrifices, kill our wives, and the like. I'm about to go t church, but when I get back, I have a whole list of verses against curses and other various words. Your country is fine, but its no America. I mean, we were built on the Church, we should honor it. It's also way smaller, we have a ton of people and it'd really screw the country up if the dam broke and drugs were legal, gays could marry and such.

Amen Brotha!
Naturally we go to Hell. But then Christ died out of love for us and rose 3 days later we can be saved from hell...
However some people decline God's love.. Mostly cuz they don't wanna give up their sinful nature. They just wanna keep on sinning. But their stubbornness is what get them to hell.
Well, g2g to church. Cya...

WEll... can't say this thread got boring since ET got here...

Have to agree with ya there :P

Lyrnx
 Doomie
07-12-2004, 9:57 AM
and it'd really screw the country up if the dam broke and drugs were legal, gays could marry and such.

About legal drugs, i can understand that. I'm agains't that as well. But i don't see how gay marriage can add to chaos?
 Lyrnx
07-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
But i don't see how gay marriage can add to chaos?

Well for one. It is immoral. Two. It is just plain on sick. Imagine if everyone in the world were gay. No more humans would be born, thus if it kept up all humanity would die out. Not just america.

Lyrnx
 Doomie
07-12-2004, 12:52 PM
There you go again! Everybody says it's immoral and sick! it's not! They're just following their harts! and there will always be straight people, so ofcourse people will be born! But if there were lesser people on the world, that wouldn't be a problem either since the world is a bit overpopulated.
 ET Warrior
07-12-2004, 1:30 PM
I really don't understand the logic of, "If gay marriage is legal, everyone in the world is going to be gay and we're doomed". Are YOU planning on jumping on the nearest guy to you once gay marriage is legal? Just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone will do it. I'm 19 and it's legal for me to smoke cigarettes. Do I? Nope. Don't want to.

And now for something completely different.

So what you're saying is, befor Jesus died, EVERYONE went to hell. So there were no people going to heaven for the thousands of years before Jesus' birth? God must have been lonely.

and cursing doesnt make you go to hell. Living does
:eek: We're all screwed!!! We're all living!! We're going to hell!! AAAAYYEEEEEEEE
Page: 1 of 5