Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USA Successor

Page: 5 of 5
 B1GC
07-15-2004, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
So you're saying it's ok to blow up a wedding because terrorists blow up innocents also? That's an interesting logic.

If you read it correctly you would know that it was not a wedding party, the terroist jsut made it seem that way so that all the gullable Muslims would see in the news that Amercians killed "innocents" at a wedding party when in actually it was just a fake look alike
 Ray Jones
07-15-2004, 8:52 AM
wow. next page.. again.. :p

Originally posted by B1GC
.. You blame Americans for killing incocent people such as the wedding party where you said we bombed and killed people shooting off fireworks. What you forget is that this incident took place at 4 in the morning, I dont know about your culture but wedding partys dont happen at 4 in the morning.

i dont know how you define party. but good ones last that long. here where i live the best parties dont start before 0200am. so there is no point if you say, it could not have been because of the TIME. maybe it just was up to the end and that was the "final" firework?

fact is you cannot prove it wasnt a wedding. also, neither can i it was.
still it could have been a terrorist marriage.

hmm. it's the same as if i would say i never saw how a muslemic terrorist flew a jumbo into the wtc. i just saw those jumbo's and the collapsing towers all over the news.
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 9:36 AM
If you read it correctly you would know that it was not a wedding party, the terroist jsut made it seem that way so that all the gullable Muslims would see in the news that Amercians killed "innocents" at a wedding party when in actually it was just a fake look alike Is that what your liberal media told you? :rolleyes:

It was a fricking wedding.

Or maybe bad people do weddings too :rolleyes:
 Ray Jones
07-15-2004, 9:48 AM
yes a terrorist wedding, maybe.. and coincidently some us aircrafts flew by. one pilot recognized that one party member sent him spam mails once. maybe he thought "wait. those mails were about explosives!"
and that certain man on the ground thought "hey there is this freak who didnt reply to my advertise mails for fireworks."

;P
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by RayJones
yes a terrorist wedding, maybe.. and coincidently some us aircrafts flew by. one pilot recognized that one party member sent him spam mails once. maybe he thought "wait. those mails were about explosives!"
and that certain man on the ground thought "hey there is this freak who didnt reply to my advertise mails for fireworks."

;P I didn't understand any of what you just say, but I heartily agree :D
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 10:03 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/plaidder/04/23.html)

This is a very good article I read a while ago, I recomend anyone that hasn't read it before to read it now.
 yaebginn
07-15-2004, 10:28 AM
If its from the democratic underground, no thanx. That place is as liberal as it gets. God, theoretically, CAN sin, but he doesnt. Like, I can commit suicide, but I choose not to. Or, I can eat my computer mouse right now, but I dont want to. God in Jesus form was tempted to do wrong. He overcame the temptation, though. It wasnt easier for him bcause he was God, he was just perfect.
 Lyrnx
07-15-2004, 10:31 AM
"That's what i was talking about. And since you must love your fellow men, you should turn them since you want them to go to heaven... "

You should try to do that. Either way a Jew will go to Heaven.

Lyrnx
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
If its from the democratic underground, no thanx. That place is as liberal as it gets. But everything he wrote there is right. Yes he also wrote his opinions, but the fact you don't agree with them does not mean you can't read it. Democracy is all about understanding even if you disagree.
 yaebginn
07-15-2004, 10:45 AM
but these people are viscious liars. They are as bad as michael moore. why would I want to read stuff that isnt true?
 Ray Jones
07-15-2004, 11:14 AM
again, i would call that ignorant. but that's just me.

tf: you did not understand?? how dare you.. wait.. you agreed.. ok. scratch that. :p
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 11:22 AM
but these people are viscious liars. They are as bad as michael moore. why would I want to read stuff that isnt true? Translation: They say the truth, and I can't HANDLE the truth
 PanzerTekk
07-15-2004, 11:44 AM
To the first post:

America is only the :best" because of ww2 and how its economy came out of it at full speed.
I guess you can thk the Nazi's for the success of the US post war.
Would it of happened if the war didn't happen? Maybe? Who knows.
A nice what if scenario.
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by PanzerTekk
To the first post:

America is only the :best" because of ww2 and how its economy came out of it at full speed.
I guess you can thk the Nazi's for the success of the US post war.
Would it of happened if the war didn't happen? Maybe? Who knows.
A nice what if scenario. You know, I really hate when people are doing it. Commenting on the first post without seeing that this thread has gone to and entirely different direction.
 yaebginn
07-15-2004, 12:15 PM
and no, they dont tell the truth. In Michael Moores new movie, he walks up to a congressman and asks him to sign his kid up for the army, it shows the guy just stare at him flaberghasted. In reality, the person said how can he help and when MM asked him to pass out the fliers, the guy said sure and that he had two nephews in Iraq. go to moorewatch.com for some other lies of his.
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 12:26 PM
and no, they dont tell the truth. In Michael Moores new movie, he walks up to a congressman and asks him to sign his kid up for the army, it shows the guy just stare at him flaberghasted. In reality, the person said how can he help and when MM asked him to pass out the fliers, the guy said sure and that he had two nephews in Iraq. go to moorewatch.com for some other lies of his. I was talking about the article I linked to
 yaebginn
07-15-2004, 12:27 PM
right, it was written by democrats. Not just regular democrats, by fanatics who hate all republicans and hope Ronald Reagans burns in Hell. Those people are evil and I dont trust a word they say.
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 12:33 PM
right, it was written by democrats. Not just regular democrats, by fanatics who hate all republicans and hope Ronald Reagans burns in Hell. Those people are evil and I dont trust a word they say. Then you're ignorant by choice
 B1GC
07-15-2004, 1:00 PM
tfighterpilot, i really don't understand you. You continue to change your position on the situation. You are from Israel and you have pointed out earlier that you do not appreciate suicide bombers and your are against the terrosit that continue to hit your nation. Us Americans support your cause and are talking about how we disapprove of their ways as well and we have even gone over to support your casue. why do you continue to say what we are saying is wrong and to talk trash about America when we support Israel? Pick a side, don't jump back and forth.
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 1:08 PM
tfighterpilot, i really don't understand you. You continue to change your position on the situation. You are from Israel and you have pointed out earlier that you do not appreciate suicide bombers and your are against the terrosit that continue to hit your nation. Us Americans support your cause and are talking about how we disapprove of their ways as well and we have even gone over to support your casue. why do you continue to say what we are saying is wrong and to talk trash about America when we support Israel? Pick a side, don't jump back and forth. Let me clear it out to you. I am for defending yourself, and against killing innocents.
 B1GC
07-15-2004, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
Let me clear it out to you. I am for defending yourself, and against killing innocents.

OK so basically you don't like suicide bombers killing inocent people...but then you don't like retaliation to kill inocent people.

But from as far as i have seen the suicide bombers are innocent people until they do the deed...so where does it stop?
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 1:28 PM
OK so basically you don't like suicide bombers killing inocent people...but then you don't like retaliation to kill inocent people.

But from as far as i have seen the suicide bombers are innocent people until they do the deed...so where does it stop? So you're saying that it's ok to kill them because they're potential terrorist? Why not arresting all the poor people because they're potential thieves :rolleyes:
 B1GC
07-15-2004, 1:55 PM
or just destroy the government for not providing enough for the poor :rolleyes:
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 1:58 PM
or just destroy the government for not providing enough for the poor :rolleyes: That would work...
 Gabez
07-15-2004, 2:08 PM
I give up with you, yaebginn. I make a point and you completely ignore what I'm saying, post some bull****, so I explain what I mean again, and then you just post some more bull****.

"And I never agreed to either the former or the later, I've agreeed with none of those." - then what DO you agree with, because there are only two choices. >:

Trying to have a philisophical debate on this thread is pointless...

Also: just because I'm unafraid to challenge my reglion doesn't mean I can't be a theist. It's better than blindly following what I've been brought up with, anyway. I mean anyone who just goes "Oh the Hollocaust? Oh, well, God is love! I don't know about that and I don't care because I'm a sheep blindly following whatever I interpret the Bible to say! God is love! GOD IS LOVE! OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY" is quite obviously less of a Christian and more of a maniac.
 Ray Jones
07-15-2004, 3:01 PM
i think i'm really with gabez here. i think he lives his religion the right way. if i were religious, i would do it the same way. what you do, yeabginn, i pretty much interpreting the meaning of religion wrong. it my not be your fault, but more that of your "environment". maybe you'll see that one day.
 Gabez
07-15-2004, 3:26 PM
Thanks!

Honestly, if you Christian fundamentalists actually read the posts before replying with Bible quotes like Ray and Doomgiver, then maybe your points would make some sort of sense.

Just some more points I picked out:

"God wouldnt say that, becase it contradicts his word." - and of course the Bible NEVER condradicts itself ever...

"santa has been proved impossible time and time again, God hasnt." - time for a quick lesson on proof. Basically, nothing can be proved apart from maybe maths, because it is analytic - everthing else is synthetic. So in terms of proof, God and Santa Claus are the same; you can never prove that Santa doesn't exist. Think about it. "Oh, but we've been to the North-pole" - he's invisible. "But you can't fly around the world in one night to all the children!" - he uses some sort of high-tech Alien gadgetry. Simmiliarly, with God, you can say "oh but I've never seen Him do anything" - God doesn't want you to KNOW He exists, because otherwise we'd have no free will and be "forced" to follow him. The point is, both cases can neither be proved or disproved, really. "But I've been to heaven!" - you were hallucinating. etc. etc.

"I've said before, sex was made to increase the population, not pleseure, ruling out the need for tht kind of protection" - right, so you're all for the world becoming even more over-populated. If a teenage student girl asked you for advice because she was gang raped and can't support a child, you'd suggest that she keep the baby even though the foetus is only a few days old. Right. What are you trying to do here - do what's right, or do what you think the Bible says? (But actually doesn't good samaritan story etc. says help others whatever of pre-set "rules")
 tFighterPilot
07-15-2004, 3:45 PM
and of course the Bible NEVER condradicts itself ever...
When there's a contradiction in the bible it means that two people wrote about the same things from different points of view. Each knew something different.
 Gabez
07-15-2004, 4:05 PM
Very well, so in that case the Bible really shouldn't be taken word for word - we should look at the common ground the interpretations sharem (such as love your neighbour - even if he is gay) and not go around stoning homosexuals because of what could be a mistranslation, a misunderstanding of simply someone's opinion. Remember that the divine law is not the same as the eternal law (see Aquinas).
 Lyrnx
07-16-2004, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
Very well, so in that case the Bible really shouldn't be taken word for word - we should look at the common ground the interpretations sharem (such as love your neighbour - even if he is gay) and not go around stoning homosexuals because of what could be a mistranslation, a misunderstanding of simply someone's opinion. Remember that the divine law is not the same as the eternal law (see Aquinas).

You obviously don't read the Bible your self do you?:dozey:

Lyrnx
(Has left his mark)
 Ray Jones
07-16-2004, 4:46 PM
wow. this thread has sloowwwed down incredibly.

however.. i think gabez has read the bible. but that's not the point.. the point is, if i seek answers and walk blind, how do i find the questions?

also some of you ran out of "prepared" answers, that's why this "discussion" stopped so abruptly.

--

so will there be a successor for the us? maybe not. people have to learn that it is not about the best country anymore. we're on to enter a new age. ..
spaceage!! (mwaha.)
the trend will be like what we see in the eu, nations will join together and finally grow together. and one day there will be only one "nation" on earth. if mankind isnt going to die, then we will spread in space. the question then will be "who is going to be the successor of earth?"

of course, this will not happen tomorrow. :dozey: stupid humans.
 yaebginn
07-16-2004, 6:53 PM
I have answers, its just ever1 keeps going on about the same thing and its getting boring. its also really time consuming.
 ET Warrior
07-16-2004, 9:22 PM
But all of YOUR answers are the same. There is no other argument that you can make, your entire argument is based on a 3000 year old book.
 Lyrnx
07-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
But all of YOUR answers are the same. There is no other argument that you can make, your entire argument is based on a 3000 year old book.

Technically, it's older...

But yes I base my answers on this "book".

BTW: Gabez if you claim to be a "jesus lover" and don't act like it then you are no more then a cowardly HIPOCRIT!

Lyrnx
(has left his mark...)
 tFighterPilot
07-17-2004, 1:57 AM
I have answers, its just ever1 keeps going on about the same thing and its getting boring. its also really time consuming. *kicks yaeb to the ground*

DON'T SAY EVER1

Happy?
 Ray Jones
07-17-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by Lyrnx
But yes I base my answers on this "book".

yes, you base your answers on this old book, but you use any other (relative) new(est) technology you can get a hold of? strange.

what does "your book" say about the internet? honestly. i want an "biblic" answer to this.
i wanna know what the bible says about flying around the earth or even up to the moon and walking on it. what does it say about mars probes.. i wanna know what answers that book has concerning "year 2004" questions.
 ET Warrior
07-17-2004, 2:52 AM
Technically, it's older...

And you don't think that things change in 3000+ years? Times change, societies change, PEOPLE change.
 Doomie
07-17-2004, 6:05 AM
Sorry i didn't post in a while. You see, normally i'm online pretty much the whole damn day, but i've acquired GTA: vice city recently so i've had a little les sitme for this...

Anyway, can someone really tell me what you're all talking about since my last visit?
 Gabez
07-17-2004, 8:04 AM
BTW: Gabez if you claim to be a "jesus lover" and don't act like it then you are no more then a cowardly HIPOCRIT! Firstly, you do not have to blindly follow the Bible, hate gays, try to persudae everyone that what you think is right etc. to "love" Jesus. I believe there is a God, though I don't know exactly what He is like. I also believe in Jesus, and "love" him because of the good things he said (the things that haven't been warped by people like you). Secondly, it's a joke, I'm making fun of you.

And:
If you hate gays because the Bible says you should, then if the Bible told you to fly a plane into a building, would you do it? I see a very thin line between you and the 9/11 Terrorists.

Doomgiver: not much since you last posted, I'm afraid. :~
 Doomie
07-17-2004, 8:08 AM
I noticed...
 Lyrnx
07-17-2004, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by Gabez
Firstly, you do not have to blindly follow the Bible, hate gays, try to persudae everyone that what you think is right etc. to "love" Jesus. I believe there is a God, though I don't know exactly what He is like. I also believe in Jesus, and "love" him because of the good things he said (the things that haven't been warped by people like you). Secondly, it's a joke, I'm making fun of you.

And:
If you hate gays because the Bible says you should, then if the Bible told you to fly a plane into a building, would you do it? I see a very thin line between you and the 9/11 Terrorists.

Doomgiver: not much since you last posted, I'm afraid. :~

I don't hate gays, only their lifestyles.

"Love the sinner, hate the Sin"

Making fun of me and every other Christian is one BIG mistake you made. On the day of Judgement every single little detail (even the ones you think are hidden) will be unveiled...

Lyrnx
(has left his mark)
 Doomie
07-17-2004, 1:56 PM
Ow c'mon. Jesus is a very kind and loving man, and if he comes back to judge over us, he will take everyone to heaven that doesn't say stuff like: 'You're total crap!' against him. I'm sure that if it were to happen it wouldn't be as (Waht's that word again?) as you say it.
 Ray Jones
07-17-2004, 1:58 PM
would you dare to answer my question only once?? please?
 ET Warrior
07-17-2004, 2:01 PM
"Love the sinner, hate the Sin"

Read the first post on this page (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131867)
 Mort-Hog
07-17-2004, 5:59 PM
 Ray Jones
07-17-2004, 6:07 PM
aahaha. very good. indeed.

but you forgot "hell". damnit how am i supposed to find it if i will go there? XP
 tFighterPilot
07-17-2004, 6:11 PM
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
http://morto.dyndns.org/threadmap.jpg) Well someone had a little too much time on his hands :D
 yaebginn
07-17-2004, 6:45 PM
lol, thats funny. good job.
 Doomie
07-18-2004, 7:33 AM
Doesn't work on my pc... But anyway, ET is right.

Et maes a great point, as he so frequently does.

Even more frequently he's just a sarcastic lil' s.o.b.
 Mort-Hog
07-18-2004, 1:01 PM
Page: 5 of 5