Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Important Mac SDK Issue

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
07-01-2004, 9:35 PM
According to my Mac guy, the client side of the Mac SDK is broken. Just an FYI to prevent insanity of fellow coders. :) He's trying to contact the man who created the SDK so we'll see what happens.
 Slider744
07-06-2004, 2:07 PM
thanks razorace
i was thinking of proting the plugin in JA+ for mac
so i will wait a little
 redsaurus
08-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks to =X=Master HeX, maker of Xmod, there's a solution :)
It's at the bottom of http://www.brad-oliver.com:8080/~boliver/blog/archives/000459.html)
 razorace
08-24-2004, 12:33 PM
awesome.
 stubert
08-24-2004, 3:48 PM
does anyone really play on mac?
 Wudan
08-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes, people do use Macs to game, which is why people like Brad Oliver can actually make a living porting popular games to Mac. I'm using 10.2 as I write this :)
 Brad Oliver
09-04-2004, 9:53 AM
Originally posted by razorace
According to my Mac guy, the client side of the Mac SDK is broken. Just an FYI to prevent insanity of fellow coders. :) He's trying to contact the man who created the SDK so we'll see what happens.

That would be me :) I also did the Mac port of the actual game.

I've fixed the SDK, and placed a new build on my website:

http://www.brad-oliver.com:8080/~boliver/JKJA_SDK.sit)

As of this morning, I was able to pull OJP from CVS and build it on the Mac, albeit with a few minor syntax changes needed for gcc on the PowerPC. There shouldn't be any major issues building Mac SDKs as of now. If there are, I can be contacted at bradman@pobox.com or brad@aspyr.com.
 razorace
09-04-2004, 12:38 PM
So, how different are the Mac files compared to the linux .so files? Is it possible to compile both the linux and mac ports on the unix or linux?
 Brad Oliver
09-04-2004, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by razorace
So, how different are the Mac files compared to the linux .so files? Is it possible to compile both the linux and mac ports on the unix or linux?

No, the Mac has a PowerPC CPU, so the object files are going to be totally different. You have to build on the Mac.
 stubert
09-06-2004, 3:10 AM
cool beans
Page: 1 of 1