Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW character's sexuality.

Page: 1 of 4
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
We were talking about the box cover art, and suddently the thread turned into an unexpected subject, yet full of disagreement and controversy.
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I was just about to do this as well. you beat me to it. Hee's what. You name a character you think is gay, and I'll tell you why he/she isnt.
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Lmao, I care not about that. For all I care, SW's chars are asexual, since SW is not about that aspect of humanity.
Luke and Anakin look pretty gay though. And padawans are too, always following their master, I bet they do the "all dressed in black shiny leather and wip me good thing". I mean, like Sam and Frodo.
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 11:37 AM
No, Luke isnt for a few reasons.

1.He kissed Leia.
2. He said that she's beautifual, acknowledging her beauty.
3. He got married in EU.

Here's why Anakin isnt.

1. He Married Padme.
2. He gave some girls the eye in the club.
3. He often said he loved Padme.

Here's why padawans in general arent gay.

1. They cant be either its against the rules.
2. They have to obey their masters, or risk getting kicked out fo the order.
3. There has never been an instance in any book or movie where a padawan was shown doing anything gay.
 Alegis
07-01-2004, 11:39 AM
There might be one told orso in the EU, but not in the SW GL created. That was for movies, and just including a gay couple in it would make people cry "he totally disrespects us :'( ", i know, its bull****, but its just like that nowadays...Same goes for women movements
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 11:45 AM
huh? I even brought up two points not in EU. and none are gay.
 Sivy
07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
C3PO is gay
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
heres;' why he cant be gay.

1. He's a robot.
2. He's not gay, but a metrosexual, a straight man who acts like a gay man.
3. He has shown no gay tendencies. Not many staright ones, but certainly no gay ones.
 Doomie
07-01-2004, 12:08 PM
He has no emotions. He can't even fear, that's self-preservation. no robots have emotions.

Alright: Hutts are gay, because they are hermofradites, they're all male untill they get pregnant, so basically, they're all gay. otherwise, there probably ARE gay people in SW, considering how many there are on our planet alone, imagine how many there will be in an entire universe, but they will never be shown on screen...

And yoy know pretty damn well why!
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Siv
C3PO is gay quoted for emphasis
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Ok, C3PO might not be gay. But he's a transvestite robot. Actually the appeal of C3PO is that he was a robot capable of feeling, be offended, etc...
So, the fact that he's a robot and cannot fisically consumate his homosexuality doesn't mean he is not gay. I mean, what's that touching R2D2 falic metal shape all about?
I mean it, George Lucas is making fun of us, and we never realised it.
 LightNinja
07-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Man everybody knows, jawas and rodians are gays, the other characters are asexual and C3PO is a sex machine thats is always perverted by R2D2.
You should know..:rolleyes:
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Get up! Get on loooove! Get up! Stay on the scene... like a sex machine!
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 12:48 PM
its spelled with a ph not an f. geez. But no. Huts arent because in a comic once, a Hutt liked this one other Hutt. But Hutts are neither. They only love themselves. there aren neither gay nor staright. 3P0 isnt because for one, he cant. You cant sya he is gay becasue robots simply cant be. Thats like saying a fridge can be turned on by you. it just cant.
 LightNinja
07-01-2004, 1:07 PM
No, C3PO is gay cuz he walks like if somebody would have "..." him, he loves luke and hes always perverting R2D2 and being perverted by him.
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 1:11 PM
And R2D2 goes like "beep beep! Stroke my PHalo! bee beep!"
 lukeiamyourdad
07-01-2004, 1:56 PM
Nice conversation :D

They've put a gay personality chip into C3PO. It's so obvious.

I'm sure the Imperial army must have to allow gay relationship. I mean, you're stuck on a starship with those thousand other men.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Nice conversation :D

They've put a gay personality chip into C3PO. It's so obvious.

I'm sure the Imperial army must have to allow gay relationship. I mean, you're stuck on a starship with those thousand other men. Like in prison, only without the fat black men named buba
 TK-8252
07-01-2004, 2:20 PM
Star Wars movies are rated PG. There's no gay characters in it.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Star Wars movies are rated PG. There's no gay characters in it. As long as it doesn't involves violent dirty mensecks, there is no reason it should.
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 2:26 PM
and he's a robot he has to walk like that. the Imps arent gay. Thats like saying everyone in our army is gay. they arent. and I know our army allows some women, but so does the Imp army. Admiral Daala for one.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
and he's a robot he has to walk like that. the Imps arent gay. Thats like saying everyone in our army is gay. they arent. and I know our army allows some women, but so does the Imp army. Admiral Daala for one. Who's our? I have no idea where you live.
 TK-8252
07-01-2004, 2:30 PM
First of all, Star Wars is a movie, a fictional story.

It's not real life where people can have odd relations. George Lucas never said: hey, you, you're gonna be gay, okay?

If you want to look at Star Wars as if it really happened (you geeks), of course there would be some gay people, but not any of the main characters. Of course some Stormtroopers are going to be gay, of course some moisture farmers are going to be gay.

Star Wars is fiction. It's a story made by George Lucas.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 2:36 PM
First of all, Star Wars is a movie, a fictional story.

It's not real life where people can have odd relations. George Lucas never said: hey, you, you're gonna be gay, okay?

If you want to look at Star Wars as if it really happened (you geeks), of course there would be some gay people, but not any of the main characters. Of course some Stormtroopers are going to be gay, of course some moisture farmers are going to be gay.

Star Wars is fiction. It's a story made by George Lucas. Correction, it was created by george lucas, but it's much more now days than just what he created.
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 3:10 PM
not necessarily. Only in our world are there gays, what makes it that it has to be gay just because we have gays. And tfighter, I mean our as humans not necessarily countries. We all have armies. And of course Star Wars isnt real. But its mildly entertaining to speculate. In my opinion, no one in star wars universe is gay. I gave you reasons why. Go to town.
EDIT- If you're on this website, and have over one hundred posts, you're automatically a geek, so might as well accept it. I have no problem being a geek, because I kick butt at life. So its all good.
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 3:24 PM
Star Wars movies are rated PG. There's no gay characters in it.

In spanish that could be "Para Gays" or "For Gays". Just a thought. Although I'm not very keen nowadays.
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 3:30 PM
TK, If I was gay, I would take ofense at your post. You mean gay ppl is not for kids? What wrong about it being gay, I have a couple a gay girl friends, and they are really nice, and they do sh1t in public. In fact, I've seen more straight ppl doing sh1t in public than gay ones.
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 3:37 PM
Being gay is wrong. Pure and simple. If you'd like to discus the topic on AIm my name is yaebginn, catch me when I'm on.
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 3:43 PM
As long as you don't f*ck up your equals, you can do with your life what you want, a nobody, not even the f*cking church can say otherwise. But this is a funny sci-fi off-topic thread. So I'm not gonna extend my point any further.
 TK-8252
07-01-2004, 4:17 PM
Actually Corto, I have nothing against homosexuals. Heh, watching the Roseanne show actually gives you respect for their beliefs. Homosexuals get way too much bashing in society and it's wrong to consider them as bad, as many people sadly do these days.

It's just that, saying that all these people in Star Wars are gay is just absurd. But I would say that gay relations aren't a very kid-friendly topic.
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 4:31 PM
corto, whats ur aim name?
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 4:52 PM
I don't have an aim name. Besides, I created this thread to have some non-sense fun out of geekness and technical modding stuff. I'm a big SW fan and I like every character on the original trilogy.
I repeat, do not take me seriously (although I doubt anyone has).
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 4:57 PM
alright. I like alot of the background charatcers of the OT. and the prequels. not barely any of the main ones, though. I'll just pick a guy out and gom, hes my favorite charcter.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
alright. I like alot of the background charatcers of the OT. and the prequels. not barely any of the main ones, though. I'll just pick a guy out and gom, hes my favorite charcter. My favorite character is Wedge Antilles. Don't ask me why...
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 5:27 PM
yeah, he's cool. In the books he's cool, too. I like Wuher from the Mos Eisly Cantina, the bartender there.
 TK-8252
07-01-2004, 6:05 PM
TK-421 PwNz j00!!
 lukeiamyourdad
07-01-2004, 7:46 PM
What the hell happened to the main topic?!
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 7:51 PM
it goes to a magical land like most all the main topics of most all other posts.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 8:00 PM
Did this thread even have a topic?
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 9:04 PM
Staaay on topic.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 9:07 PM
 CortoCG
07-01-2004, 9:40 PM
:D. Exactly my thought.
 tFighterPilot
07-01-2004, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by CortoCG
:D. Exactly my thought. Yeah... I thought of it first
 Sounds Risky
07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Are there gay characters in SW?

Sure, why not?

The Spartans of Greece encouraged relationships between the men of their army, so why not the stormtroopers?
 yaebginn
07-01-2004, 10:55 PM
and look where they are now. yeah, be like Greece. Be gay, be strong for a bit, then collpase and have a crappy army.
 lukeiamyourdad
07-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Same thing will happen to the USA ;)
 Sounds Risky
07-02-2004, 1:56 AM
You seem to be really homophobic yaebginn, and you know what they say about extremely homophobic people.

;) ;) ;)
 Sivy
07-02-2004, 5:02 AM
C3P0 is gay

lets look at the evidence...

look at his mannerisms, look at the way he walks/ stands, listen to how he talks. could he be more camp? he's a drama queen, he throws hissy-fits when he doesn't get his way. he got embarrassed when R2-D2 saw him without coverings in TPM... why?
ok, so being a robot means he can't have sex of any kind. however its obvious that he has been programmed with a gay personality.
 CortoCG
07-02-2004, 8:34 AM
Even humans, when they're able to have real sex, sometimes they choose to have "cyber sex"or "phone sex", if that crap means something. Maybe robots and droids have "circuitry sex".
 tFighterPilot
07-02-2004, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by CortoCG
Even humans, when they're able to have real sex, sometimes they choose to have "cyber sex"or "phone sex", if that crap means something. Maybe robots and droids have "circuitry sex". I got kicked from one of those thing where there's a girl with a webcam and other people are chatting with her. I got kicked for accusing everyone for being 16 year old IE I got kicked for saying the truth no one wanted to hear. :o
Page: 1 of 4