Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Delay?!

Page: 1 of 1
 ZBomber
06-14-2004, 10:03 PM
No! The site now says Winter 2004! :(

I wonder if they did this becuas ethey thought more people would buy it for the holidays.....

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/)
 Alegis
06-15-2004, 8:17 AM
I don't mind it, i want some time alone with battlefront ^^
 Pad
06-15-2004, 2:17 PM
If it aint dropped too far I dont mind.
 StormHammer
06-15-2004, 7:01 PM
There's now speculation that it's due to ship around the same time as KOTOR II (i.e., sometime in February 2005).

Personally, I really don't mind a delay if it means they are going to work to improve features, tweak performance, and address some of the MP and SP concerns we've already voiced in these forums.

I'm certainly willing to wait a few more months if it means we get a decent objective-based MP mode - or not-so-linear SP levels (if they are linear).
 tFighterPilot
06-15-2004, 8:02 PM
HAHAHA OWNED OMGWTFLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!11one :D
 eastcoast2895
06-15-2004, 11:54 PM
the delay isn't long (6 months and beyond), so i say the delay is good and that we will get a better polished game. also considering lucasarts's track record, the delay shouldn't get any longer.
 Jinni Tsurugi
06-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Well I say that delays are only good if they make it better while it is delayed.
 DarthMaulUK
06-16-2004, 6:29 AM
I can confirm that Republic Commando has been moved to February 2005, for now.

DMUK
 Sabretooth
06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
 Drog
06-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Too bad with the delay, i would like this comming out before kotor 2 :(
 Gabrobot
06-16-2004, 2:33 PM
Well, better they delay it then they try to rush it out the door unfinished. Besides, this way it'll be released closer to Episode III...
 wingzro
06-29-2004, 10:16 PM
why would they release to games at once. both are pretty highly anticipated. makes more sense for the winter release like it says on the site. winter is time for christmas.
 Darth MarcII
07-06-2004, 2:16 PM
The delay is fine with me. I really want to play Battlefront for awhile, anyway. I also just got into Galaxies. That will hold me over until Winter.
 Hiroki
07-06-2004, 7:35 PM
Take a look at the walkthrough video. Honestly, does that game really look to be in such a condition that it would take them until KOTOR 2's release to get it ready?

I am still thinking it will be released a lot sooner. They are probably only patching up a last few bugs. That level played very smoothly if you ask me.
 eastcoast2895
07-09-2004, 4:07 PM
i wouldn't base everything off one video. fixing mostly everything in a scripted demo on a computer that is probably very powerful wouldn't take as long as getting an entire game ready. there still could be optimization issues, a.i. issues, weapon issues, etc. a lot of small bugs can turn into a large problem.
 Kurgan
07-17-2004, 7:39 AM
I'm all for a delay if it means a more polished game!

Plus that means less time for spoilers to ruin Episode III for me. ; )

Anyone get the feeling that Lucas is trying the "Matrix Reloaded" route with his last Star Wars movie?

I mean the Wachowski brothers (sp?) relied on the Animatrix, Enter the Matrix game and a novel or two to "set up" their second Matrix movie.

Likewise Lucas has this game tied to Episode III, a few novels and the Clone Wars series.

What I fear is that the bulk of the story and explorations will be dealt with in the supplementary material, leaving the movie either confusing (forcing you to delve into the extra material) or needlessly dull because it's assumed that you know everything already, so the movie ITSELF is just icing on the cake rather than the 'real deal.'

Ie: I worry that we won't see "The Clone Wars" in any more capacity than the little bit we saw in AOTC.

Oh well, here's hoping the game is good, and doesn't rely soley on Episode III hype to make it good!
 ZBomber
07-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Gah, I hope Ep. III doesn't blow like Revelations.....

I think Ep III is going to be Anakin's turn to the dark side, so we probably won't see much Clone vs. Battle Droid action (maybe about the same as Ep II)
Page: 1 of 1