Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OJP_droideka_06.pk3?!

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
05-10-2004, 11:57 PM
What's this OJP file mentioned for this file (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5256/c/).
 TK-8252
05-12-2004, 7:41 AM
http://io.meskinaw.net/data/OJP_droideka_06.zip)

Duncan's Droideka that runs without OJP support.
 keshire
05-12-2004, 7:46 AM
I don't know why he put OJP in the name. apparently has no code or anythign in it. And from the looks of the zip that is correct.

Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy 3/10/04
================================================== =======================
Model Name: "OJP_droideka_06.pk3"

Author Mesh: Duncan_10158

Skins: Scouttrooper

Sounds: RenegateOfPhunk

Concept: The Droid Destroyer is one of the most dangerous and feard artifical beeings ever made.
Originaly designed by the Colicoids from Colla IV the Droidekas soon got the reputation of sharp aiming killers and lousy chess players.
Their three leged constuction makes them very slow in using their feet for movement, so they use a rolle method for fast getting into battle. This makes them most vulnerable to their natural enemies: stairs.

Importent: FOR FULL DROIDEKA SUPPORT YOU NEED A SPECIAL MOD!!!!!

================================================== ========================

NOTES FROM THE AUTHORS:

this is the model part of the droideka vehicle model, it works on an unmoded server, but not all animations are visible and some features are not working correctly.
i suggest to use the droideka with a mod that makes it work as it should. the code thats supports the droideka is part of the OJP (Open Jedi Project) mod. its an open source mod, so you can ask and use the code for your own mod that can suppost and use the droideka.
you can contact OJP on the LucasForums.com and ask for the open source:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=542)
this model part is final, at least i hope so. the droideka will also be released as part of the OJP MOD with full support.

You are free to use this droideka in your own mods/maps but make sure to implement the supporting code from OJP!

the coding is not included, its a simple ground vehicle
if you get a veh file extension error, you have to many vehicles installed in your base folder, remove some of them from your base folder. standart max vehicles, then onces from raven included, is 16. there are mods that can improve that.

* Installation *

Place the "OJP_droideka_06.pk3" files in this folder
LucasArts\Star Wars JK III Jedi Academy\GameData\base

To uninstall remove "OJP_droideka_06.pk3" from your 'base' folder.

HOW TO PLAY IN A MAP THAT HAS NOT PLACED THE VEHICLE BY DEFAULT

to play the vehicles in game start a map in cheat mode, "devmap ffa1".
when the map is loaded, bring down the console "§ + shift" and type in "/npc spawn vehicle droideka", then the vehicle should be in front of you.
have fun!

Thanks to all the beta testers and those people on the LucasForum!

* Copyright / Permissions *
################################################## ############

© 2003 LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC.
© 2003 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM or ® as indicated.
All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are trademarks
of Lucasfilm Ltd.
© Raven Software LTD 2003, Activision
################################################## ############
 MadCow1989
05-16-2004, 6:55 AM
when you use the Droideka with OJP it can turn while standing still

when not using OJp you need to walk backwards to turn

using it in OJP is way better then JA+ or other mods
 AIVAS
05-22-2004, 6:47 PM
I hope that eventually, there will be a droideka that can be used without a specific client/server side mod.

I know nothing at all about modding, so no way I could help, but just wondering, what is it that makes the droideka operate improperly without ojp? is it the animations, the vehicle coding/for animations, or some other abscure problem?
 TK-8252
05-22-2004, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by AIVAS
I hope that eventually, there will be a droideka that can be used without a specific client/server side mod.

Technically, it works without OJP support. You just don't get the full animations and abilities.

Originally posted by AIVAS
I know nothing at all about modding, so no way I could help, but just wondering, what is it that makes the droideka operate improperly without ojp? is it the animations, the vehicle coding/for animations, or some other abscure problem?

Animations and coding is why it is better with OJP, yes.
 darthviper107
05-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Which files from the OJP Repository are the ones that code for the new droideka animations?
 razorace
05-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Use the tag name mentioned next to that feature in the readme.
 darthviper107
05-25-2004, 2:31 PM
I found it. Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1