Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whats up guys, Wonder if u can help me

Page: 1 of 1
 Aryyn
05-07-2004, 3:32 PM
First i want to say hi to razor, I have been away for about 5 months. I was wondering if it is possible yet to bring maps & npc placement to single player mode. I was just wondering because ive just seen how far you guys progressed. I want to accomplish my dream mod. Any info would be extremely helpful.
 razorace
05-07-2004, 4:24 PM
what do you mean by NPC placement?
 Aryyn
05-08-2004, 10:04 AM
To place the npcs wherever you want
 razorace
05-08-2004, 2:23 PM
I assume you mean something that would load at map start after you placed them?
 Kurgan
05-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Yeah because you can already theoretically start a SP map, then go notarget & noclip and then just move around the map npc spawning then go back to the start, turn off the cheats and save and play it like that.
 Aryyn
05-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Right, what i want to do is load a map with npcs in certain places. Also how would maps load in sequence, example say you complete a custom map in sp then how would another custom map load right after that? Ive never approached anything like this before. Basicly what i want to do is convert single player into a whole new game. I just need to know what direction to go in. Ive been wanting to do this since i started modding but it wasnt possible at the time. I spoke with you razor about this when the game first came out.
 ASk
05-09-2004, 12:28 AM
"then how would another custom map load right after that"
There's an ICARUS command that loads a new map, if I recall correctly
 razorace
05-09-2004, 2:57 AM
Sure, that's doable, but you'd have to make the NPCs spawn from externally created text file. I know that Unique did that for the holocron stuff, maybe you should ask him about it.
 Aryyn
05-09-2004, 7:44 AM
What is the holocron stuff? Where could i get a copy of it so i can study it? I just need to know how the maps load & load in sequence & what files need editing?
 razorace
05-09-2004, 2:18 PM
It's in the lastest Basic beta. Check it out for yourself.
Page: 1 of 1