Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 15 of 25
 mrdefender
12-20-2005, 3:05 AM
I'm having one of the oddest problems I've ever seen... KSE is listing the "wrong" force powers. In the game, I have "Shock" but it doesn't show up in KSE... And in KSE I have force powers I never even heard of.. The only force powers that show up in both (game and kse) are the forms (saber and force) and force crush...

http://user.jediarchives.ca/public/kseproblems.jpg)

What should I do? :( :(
 Darth333
12-20-2005, 4:17 AM
I'm having one of the oddest problems I've ever seen... KSE is listing the "wrong" force powers. In the game, I have "Shock" but it doesn't show up in KSE... And in KSE I have force powers I never even heard of.. The only force powers that show up in both (game and kse) are the forms (saber and force) and force crush...

Check the small "show all" box on the lower left corner of the right panel.
 mrdefender
12-20-2005, 5:48 PM
Check the small "show all" box on the lower left corner of the right panel.
No no no.. Sorry, that's not the problem :lol:

I never gave myself 'force valor' or 'drexl shield' (whatever that is) in kotor 2's level up or KSE or whatever other method one could use... but KSE says I did... (showing up in my force powers and all..) but when I go back to kotor 2 it's back to "normal"... that is to say, my force powers remain the same.

According to Kotor 2, I have 'Shock' but not 'Valor'... KSE on the other hand is saying I have valor but not shock... The ammount of force powers I have match in both kotor 2 and KSE, it's the force powers themselves that have gone nuts...

After 30 minutes I figgured out what to do, I had to remove my spells.2da from my override folder, load KSE to give me back all my force powers, save/commit the changes, go back into kotor 2 and load that edited save game and save it again, exit and put spells.2da back to where it was and return to kotor 2 and play the game....

It still shows up all whacky for some wierd reason but I did what I had/wanted to do so it's no longer *that* bad...

Not sure what is going on. It's mostlikely the spells.2da that's being difficult but I don't know why, doesn't TSL Patcher add the stuff at the end of the file? (291 lines, tsl adds X to 292)... shouldn't KSE still be able to find everything considering nothing has moved? :|
 Darth Ehnialtor
12-25-2005, 12:54 AM
I need to know I have action replay, I dont know where to put the files to get them to the savegame editor
 Greatness7
01-13-2006, 5:25 PM
Could someone help me out? I keep getting these errors when I choose the save directory. Im using the xbox version and i've structured it the best I could understand from the readme.

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/8122/errors8os.th.jpg) (http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errors8os.jpg)
 Lord Wack
01-26-2006, 4:32 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already (didn't find anything on the search).
I have been trying to change T3-M4 to Atris, but his equipment screen is droidic. Even though I have changed the class and removed everything that has to do with droids. Is this even possible to do? Please help.
 tk102
01-27-2006, 1:56 PM
Hello Lord Wack. KSE can only change the appearance of T3-M4. Think of it like a disguise. It's really still T3-M4 underneath. To actually replace T3-M4 with Atris would require a recruitment mod. Darth333 outlines this in a good tutorial here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944).

@Greatness7, do you have savenfo.res in that directory mentioned in the error popup?
 Osuirof
02-02-2006, 1:03 PM
KSE is very good, an gets even better from one version to another, but maybe
in next version you (tk102) could put:
- reload saved game option
- delete different items, spawn n pieces of (different) items at once
- preview of item parameters
- changing current PC to one of your party characters
Edited
- extracting items from program (with those in override) inventory
 Ferani
02-08-2006, 8:50 AM
I dont know if i missed it or something but did anyone ever have trouble getting in to the program. i just simply cant enter, it doesnt start. no error message nothing, just the window i placed it in and thats it.. can anyone help me?
Oh by the way its for the pc version if that makes any differens
 Darth333
02-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Try KSEa instead of KSE (same page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) - it's just under KSE). This normally happens when someone does not have an English OS.
 Ferani
02-08-2006, 11:57 AM
thank you, that was easy. totaly missed it when i looked
 miraavery
02-25-2006, 10:26 PM
This is awsome. Now you will all die. Mwhaahaahaahaa. I think you could make it a bit easier to add items though...
 tk102
02-26-2006, 12:16 AM
I think you could make it a bit easier to add items though...I'm open to suggestions :)
 Weiser_Cain
02-26-2006, 2:43 AM
How about being able to see the name of an item before adding it?
 tk102
02-26-2006, 2:54 AM
:) That feature is already present.

This is what you see originally when you click the Inventory node:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/816c0340.gif)

And then if you scroll to the right...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/tk102/49b9a902.gif)
 Weiser_Cain
02-26-2006, 4:55 AM
Ah Ha! Then my only comment is make this for every game I own.
 Weiser_Cain
02-27-2006, 5:31 AM
Wait, a min, how about reading items from the override dir so you can add custom items?

That's what those items in red are --TK
 Kensai
02-27-2006, 5:38 AM
I have been using this since it's first incarnation, never actually congratulated tk102's work, amazing.

One thing, which may not be possible, is to choose a different map to load the game from, for instance warp to a different location from the KSE, other than that, which is a half-hearted request more than anything, thankyou. :D
 rgdelta
02-27-2006, 8:09 AM
Wait, a min, how about reading items from the override dir so you can add custom items?

It already does that as long as the uti's for the items are in the root of the override not in subfolders
 clydeski
02-28-2006, 11:29 PM
KSE 3.3.3 was working fine for me. However it now gives me a windows error message saying KSE needs to close and asking if I want to tell microsoft. As best I can figure from details in the error message the problem is with perl58.dll. Searched my machine and I have no such dll. Does this dll sound like the likley cause of my problem? KSE 3.3.3 used to work for me so I'm assuming that if I need this dll I must have had it at some time, seems odd that it would just disappear. I run zone alarm along with Spyware Doctor, they haven't spotted any problems. Any idea of any recent windows updates which might have deleted this dll? Any suggestions where I could get this dll for a windows xp machine?

Thanks.
 tk102
03-01-2006, 1:13 AM
KSE 3.3.3 was working fine for me. However it now gives me a windows error message saying KSE needs to close and asking if I want to tell microsoft. As best I can figure from details in the error message the problem is with perl58.dll. Searched my machine and I have no such dll. Does this dll sound like the likley cause of my problem? KSE 3.3.3 used to work for me so I'm assuming that if I need this dll I must have had it at some time, seems odd that it would just disappear. I run zone alarm along with Spyware Doctor, they haven't spotted any problems. Any idea of any recent windows updates which might have deleted this dll? Any suggestions where I could get this dll for a windows xp machine?

Thanks.
The Perl/Tk applications that I've distributed (including KSE) have been compiled with Activestate's PerlApp utility. This utility wraps the perl interpreter (perl58.dll) and the source code into an executable. When you execute KSE, it unpackages itself into your %TEMP% directory. Such an error that you describe could occur if you had KSE open and the %TEMP% directory was emptied.

Am I right to assume KSE no longer works for you at all? Have you tried rebooting (in case there was orphan process still running)?
 Creysis
03-02-2006, 1:50 PM
I've noticed that custom items are added and can be used in KSE, but what about custom skins that are in the override folder? The .tga files are in the override folder itself and not a sub-directory.
 Darkkender
03-02-2006, 5:46 PM
I've noticed that custom items are added and can be used in KSE, but what about custom skins that are in the override folder? The .tga files are in the override folder itself and not a sub-directory.

Skins & models are linked to an item directly via it's ".UTI" file. If you are looking to give a item a different skin you need to name the new skin by the same file name as the old one and overwrite it.
 clydeski
03-03-2006, 1:00 AM
Am I right to assume KSE no longer works for you at all? Have you tried rebooting (in case there was orphan process still running)?

Tk102

Gets to point where it creates window, doesn't fill it in. Found where it extracted perl58.dll and other stuff. Tried emptying temp and restarting, same problem. I've tried turning off all my firewalls, antispam, virus checkers to make sure they aren't affecting temps, no luck. I've recently trying to get rid of unecessary startups. I've been pretty carefull. Is it possible I killed off something perl needs?

Great tool by the way. Fortunatley it's still works on my desktop. Don't know why it works there and not my laptop.

Thanks.
Troubleshooting of this taken to PMs until resolved. --tk102
 Creysis
03-03-2006, 6:08 AM
AH thought I'd mentioned that I was looking to try and add a custom PC skin to it so I can switch and use that in KSE. Would this method work for that? Ie if i replaced one of the PC models I'm not currently using with this file (after its been backed up of course).
 Subach
03-07-2006, 6:58 AM
Hello just got registered , how come i cannot add a party on my savegame? its locked on the editor , any help is appreciated thanks im using version 3.3.3
 Darth333
03-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Has the party member already joined your team? KSE only allows you to swap between the npcs who have already joined your party, not to add new party members. Also, you can't have more than 2 npcs in your party.
 tk102
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Hello, the NPCs in the Current Party node are only selectable if they have already joined you (i.e. they are waiting for you back at the Ebon Hawk). KSE can make them part of your party, but does not recruit them (at least in this version.) :)

Edit: Thanks Darth333 ^^
 Subach
03-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok now is clear many thanks
 Weiser_Cain
03-08-2006, 11:40 AM
How about copying booleans, position, and such from one game to another or have presets to warp a newly created game to certain points in the game so you could skip past peragus or telos station instead of using the buggy mods?
 Sharks9
03-10-2006, 6:08 PM
Ok only 2 of my save games work but the third which I've edited before says Error msg: Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3 pl line 934 every time I try to access it
 tk102
03-10-2006, 7:09 PM
@Weiser_Cain: Globals could easily be copied if I could come up with an intuitive interface for doing so. Warping would be a bit more involved and probably just as buggy, but I'm curious as to how difficult it would be to include so I might play with that too.

@Sharks9: Thank you for the specific feedback. I will take a look at that. :)
 shadowriath
03-11-2006, 12:44 PM
I've ran into Sharks problem a couple times. Useally dealing with when I renamed a .uti and any files attached to it. It's gave that error. Rename them back and still same error. Had to reinstall them from the zip for them to work in KSE. Also a couple mods will give this error strieght from the zip file...mostly the ones that come with TSLpatcher methods. The patcher is only needed if you choose not to do the work your self.

Some of these errors may be pointed to not having Kotor1 installed but just having Kotor2 installed. I have found that some files modded from kotor1 to work with kotor2 can not be modded when you have just kotor2 installed.
 Sharks9
03-11-2006, 1:53 PM
Ok thnx and after I use the editor I load my game play for a bit quit but when I go back to play it goes to the save game point when I first started using the editor.Also on one of my files all of my party members have dissapeared
 tk102
03-12-2006, 5:22 AM
Line 934 is the first attempt to read data from the partytable.res file which should be in savegame folder. Perhaps you could send me a copy of the troublesome partytable.res to the email address in the kse-readme.txt?
 Sharks9
03-12-2006, 8:04 AM
I have the file but how do I copy it into an e-mail?
 tk102
03-12-2006, 9:44 AM
Just email it as an attachment.
 Sharks9
03-15-2006, 8:48 PM
ok sent it for the two games that it's doing that
 Asg_007
03-17-2006, 8:48 PM
Hi, I wonder if anybody can answer my question about KSE 3.3.3. In KotOR 2 I decided to use it to prevent Handmaiden from breaking up our 'relationship' due to Visas. (she angrily asks "Why are you here?", to which I have a few options to choose from, each of which ends in "everything's over"). This happened suddenly, after I returend from Korriban where I had had Visas only as a partymember (no chat, no influence) I got a cutscene of a quarell between Vivas and Handmaiden.

Using KSE I have tried to increase Handmaiden's influence (even up to 98) and Good/Evil stats but this simply isn't working and I get the same response. Decreasing Visas's influence etc. didn't help either. I have also tried look into 'Global' where imporatant game-events seem to be stored but no matter what event concerning Handmaiden I enable or disable this doesn't have any effect when I load my savegame.
Does anybody know how to effectively change relationships within the party (particularly Handmaiden vs. Visas) using KSE? I think there must be something in Global but even if I knew the right option/event that triggers this unfortunate conversation I still don't know what value I should enter there.
I post in this thread since I'm asking about KSE so I guess it is the best place (I didn't want to get a reply "Perhaps in KSE you can do SOMETHING about it").
Plase help me,
 Jackel
03-18-2006, 5:10 AM
Asg_007: Where in the game is the save game you are modifying? If it is on the 'Hawk then its too late to modify the save game I think. If oyu have a save game from before entering the 'Hawk on Korriban and getting that cutscene make Handmaidens influence higher then Visas's influence and then go back in to the 'Hawk. You shouldnt get the cutscene now. Well hopefully not.
 Asg_007
03-18-2006, 6:10 AM
Well, then it is too late :( since I am trying to modify the savegame AFTER I got the cutscene (and I don't have any savagames from before anymore).
On the other hand, every savegame, I think, MUST store the essential information that tells the game what events have been triggered or not somwhere. And IF KSE has access to this options,perhaps still something might be done.
Thanks for the reply - I have learnt a new thing - more than 2 savegames in such a huge RPG game won't hurt my HDD much.
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 7:00 AM
On the other hand, every savegame, I think, MUST store the essential information that tells the game what events have been triggered or not somwhere. And IF KSE has access to this options,perhaps still something might be done.

Change the Global Numbers 000_Hand_Finale, 003EBO_Visas_Hand and 000_Hand_Angry to 0, and boost the Handmaidens influence enough to make sure that Visas don't have 30+ more Influence than she has. That should fix the problem.
 Asg_007
03-18-2006, 8:12 AM
Change the Global Numbers 000_Hand_Finale, 003EBO_Visas_Hand and 000_Hand_Angry to 0, and boost the Handmaidens influence enough to make sure that Visas don't have 30+ more Influence than she has. That should fix the problem.

THANKS !!! IT'S WORKING!

I was doing the same things all the time, however, for some reason I overlooked "hand_visas", which in my case was set to 2. As soon as I switched it to 0 I can chat with Handmaiden again.

BTW. It seems a bit confusing that being nice to Visas gives you LSP (the only possible way if you want to be a good character) but decreases Handmaiden's confidence, who is a good character as well. I guess even if you want be a total light side character, you can't be so good all the time...
Moral choices - this makes this game soooooo intersting :)
....and KSE is a wonderful tool when you were too good :)

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate your help!
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 8:54 AM
It seems a bit confusing that being nice to Visas gives you LSP (the only possible way if you want to be a good character) but decreases Handmaiden's confidence, who is a good character as well. I guess even if you want be a total light side character, you can't be so good all the time...

It's one of the design decisions in the game I'm not too fond of, requiring you to metagame to keep your party together. Extra annoying since Visas is much quicker to get influence with than the Handmaiden.

You can be nice to both, as long as Visas never have 30+ more influence than the Handmaiden. I.e. you have to speak to the Handmaiden first to boost her influence. Then you can talk to Visas all you want without any problems. It's the influence difference that causes the Handmaiden to go crazy.
 Sharks9
03-18-2006, 7:09 PM
ok I can't access my party members anymore whenever I click on the space on the party selection screen theres nothing there and it says "I am broken very very broken"
 Asg_007
03-19-2006, 6:17 AM
You can be nice to both, as long as Visas never have 30+ more influence than the Handmaiden. I.e. you have to speak to the Handmaiden first to boost her influence. Then you can talk to Visas all you want without any problems. It's the influence difference that causes the Handmaiden to go crazy.

That clarifies things for the future, although, seems easy to have something done wrong because it is difficult to earn any respect from Haindmaiden and it takes a lot of time. In Visas's case, after several polite conversations I had about 98 inlfluence! Even after very meeting Visas for the first time, it is a way too easy to have more influence over Visas than Handmaiden who has been in the party for so long.
 Darth333
03-19-2006, 12:05 PM
That clarifies things for the future, although, seems easy to have something done wrong because it is difficult to earn any respect from Haindmaiden and it takes a lot of time. In Visas's case, after several polite conversations I had about 98 inlfluence! Even after very meeting Visas for the first time, it is a way too easy to have more influence over Visas than Handmaiden who has been in the party for so long.
This is off topic but you should check Achilles' Influence guide to avoid this happening again. It lists every Inf opportunity in the game :)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php)
 Darth333
03-19-2006, 12:08 PM
This is off topic but you should check Achilles' Influence guide to avoid this happening again. It lists every Inf opportunity in the game :)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php)

ok I can't access my party members anymore whenever I click on the space on the party selection screen theres nothing there and it says "I am broken very very broken"
What did you change with KSE? Note that this is a bug that can occur in the game . It is not necessarily caused by KSE.

From this point, there is not much you can do with your save except reloading a previous savegame.
 The_Drizzit
03-22-2006, 9:39 PM
Hey. I was messing around with a TSL save, and I noticed that under the classes there is a class that says: BountyHunter(CUT!!!). I've never noticed this in-game so i was just wondering where this came from. Thanx for our great tool!
 Jackel
03-22-2006, 9:51 PM
Hey. I was messing around with a TSL save, and I noticed that under the classes there is a class that says: BountyHunter(CUT!!!). I've never noticed this in-game so i was just wondering where this came from. Thanx for our great tool!
I believe that was going to be Hanharr and Mira's class rather then what they are now (scouts).
Page: 15 of 25