Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 10 of 25
 Hive
03-11-2005, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by WLHopkins
TK, I am experiencing the exact same error message as Midgetman.

So am I...
 Midgetman
03-11-2005, 4:15 PM
Ok I got it to work. I used KSEA instead.
 Hive
03-11-2005, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by Midgetman
Ok I got it to work. I used KSEA instead.

Ah yes, that helped.

Is it possible to use custom soundfiles? I added some to the StreamSounds folder, but I cannot seem to assign them to my NPC...
 tk102
03-11-2005, 7:06 PM
v3.2.6 is withdrawn until I can recompile it at home.
 tk102
03-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Done. KSE v3.2.6 is functional once again and the download link has been reinstated.
 Hybris
03-12-2005, 1:31 AM
The man with many guns is back for now at least.

Sorry that I have been gone for awhile but I have working my but off tring to get my computer upgraded in time for Kotor2 and geting the money needed to get the game in the first place.

now back to the subject

tk it's nice to see that somethings will stay (other than our troops in irag) the way they were ment to be. In other words the editor sounds great and I will give feed back as soon as possible.

P.S. it's also nice to see that kittiy is back.
 Zer0DazE
03-12-2005, 1:49 PM
possible bug i didnt see listed in the readme.
with the new release, when i edit NPC stats i get a bad save error on the xbox.
 tk102
03-12-2005, 2:12 PM
@zerodaze:
My ability to troubleshoot xbox problems is very limited since I don't have one myself. I assume you followed all the instructions correctly, so the next thing to do is to make a file called kse.log in the same directory as KSE. Then try to perform the exact same edits. Send the log file and the results of whether the xbox rejected the savegame to the email address in the readme.txt.

@Hybris: Haven't seen Kitty Kitty in about 6 months.
 Zer0DazE
03-12-2005, 4:05 PM
yep, followed the ish to a T.

tried a bunch of stuff, and the only time it would crap out is when changing the attributes (and force powers, but thats listed as a bug)

anywho, i will email that file off to you tonight.

if you need someone to test xbox stuff for you, i have no problem helping out.
(catch me on aim its in my profile)
 keebster
03-13-2005, 12:00 AM
k ill try over there all my save's are now bad messed up so i started over.

1 |-|473 7|-|3 b3g1/\/1/\/g ;(
 beancounter
03-13-2005, 2:12 AM
Originally posted by tk102
Done. KSE v3.2.6 is functional once again and the download link has been reinstated.

Nice work TK! I just used this for the first time with TSL and I like it a lot. I am also glad you include your source Perl file. Even though I do not use Perl, it really makes you appreciate how much work went into the program.
 Hive
03-13-2005, 6:14 AM
Hmmm.... how come you can't add/remove NPCs, but only change how the present ones look?
 tk102
03-13-2005, 12:36 PM
@Hive: Maybe someday I'll add that functionality. I suspect it would cause more problems than it solves however.

@beancounter: :) The code distributed is about 1/3 of the code... What you see does not include the modules that to be written to read/write GFF, ERF, 2DA, TLK, and BIF/KEY files. :xp:
 Lorden Darkblade
03-13-2005, 9:23 PM
Tk today I decided to organize my Override folder.
I putted all MODs in their folders except the .2da files.
i have a question tho, is the KSE supposed to NOT look into the folder for additional items?
Cuz it didnt, I have the 3.6.2 version.
 tk102
03-13-2005, 9:46 PM
@Uchiha Itachi: (you mean the 3.2.6 version). KSE will not read subfolders in the Override folder. Here is the excerpt from kse-readme.txt that I recently added:

---------------------------------------------
Override Folder: Subdirectories NOT supported
---------------------------------------------
Although TSL supports subdirectories in the Override folder, KSE does not. Too often,
there are two or more files that are named the same and KSE would have to make some arbritrary decision as to which one to use. Inevitably this will generate bug reports because the end-user expected the other file to be used by KSE. So to save us both that grief, if you wish to add custom items to your inventory or use some custom 2da file, you will need to make sure that you copy those custom files into your override root folder, perform your KSE edits, then remove them. (Note that KotOR also does not recognize subdirectories.)
 Lorden Darkblade
03-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm not much of a readme reader LOL :D
Sorry, I was just checking to see if it was not a bug.
 KyleMAD
03-14-2005, 4:58 AM
Hey all! This is a really great effort.

I encountered a problem in my game of kotor 2... I accidentally sided with the wrong faction on Onderon and only realised after completing Nar Shaddar... is there any way to rectify this problem?

I checked out the savegame editor (great work man) but im not sure if there's any option for changing the status of quests - the commands look really intimidating. So if anyone could chime in, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
 KyleMAD
03-14-2005, 5:10 AM
YAY! I found the numeric value I needed to change! Thx anyway.
 Oxygen81
03-14-2005, 8:47 PM
Maybe I’m blind..or just plain stupid. But when I use the Ksea I can’t find a way to enable/disable (force) powers. I just get the “feat powers” list up in ksea (even when I mark the box “show all feat/powers”). Help anyone?
 KyleMAD
03-14-2005, 9:27 PM
Hey man, it's under 'Classes'. Then enter your class and there'll be a 'Force Powers' tree.
 Oxygen81
03-15-2005, 11:59 AM
thanx dude =)
 Darkkender
03-15-2005, 1:15 PM
@Hive: Maybe someday I'll add that functionality. I suspect it would cause more problems than it solves however.

I suspect that this would have to be relatively complex for KSE anyways due to the fact that the NPC's are added to your party via scripting with the internal scripting program which are firing during the game. Also changing before and after global and numeric booleans don't add the party members so this would make it much more difficult I suspect.

However TK I could send you a compilation of save files if it would help you to check file variables to compare to.
 tk102
03-15-2005, 1:19 PM
The way I envisioned it, would be to read in the p_*.utc file of the NPC to recruit from templates.bif and then modify it as necessary to make a AVAILNPC*.utc file that would be tucked into the savegame. Then modify the partytable.res to make sure that NPC is marked as available and selectable.
 Darkkender
03-15-2005, 1:22 PM
The way I envisioned it, would be to read in the p_*.utc file of the NPC to recruit from templates.bif and then modify it as necessary to make a AVAILNPC*.utc file that would be tucked into the savegame. Then modify the partytable.res to make sure that NPC is marked as available and selectable.

:eek: :confused: Oh, wait I get it.:p I guess this is what I get for piping up eh.:cool:
 tk102
03-15-2005, 1:25 PM
There are probably quite a few globals to deal with too... but I always leave those to the end-user. :)
 KyleMAD
03-15-2005, 10:59 PM
heya all, I was wondering if you guys could lend aid here...

I've finished all the planets, and managed to get Atton, Bao-Dur and Mira to become jedi.

However, the Handmaiden is stubborn as a donkey... keeps saying 'Why are you here?' and all the conversation choices lead to 'stay with her then'...

I used the savegame editor to up my influence over her to 100 and adjusted the global numerics 'Hand_angry' & 'Hand_final' to zero.

This managed to get me back to the 'Why are you here part'.... but as far as i know, there is no way to backtrack even more in the game...

Is there any way that the savegame editor can change some values to get her to be amicable again?

Please help.
 tk102
03-16-2005, 2:51 AM
@KyleMAD: Please see this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146212) thread, and post your questions there.
 KyleMAD
03-16-2005, 3:13 AM
hey man, thx alot! I'm eternally grateful!
 hus
03-16-2005, 6:16 PM
hello,
is it possible to make a light weigth version of this tool for xbox users who doesnt have 2da.bif and other required files? maybe able to change things that posibbly wouldnt need bif files like name, ability points, money, xp, etc?

it looks like a great tool, but i don't have access to those required files since my xbox is not modded.
thanks in advance.
 Lakario
03-18-2005, 7:29 AM
I was wondering if there was a method by which I could copy-paste directives from one save to another? I lost some important data well tooling around (i.e. an NPC) and I'd rather like him back. The HK-47 has disappeared entirely off my ship and he is no longer in "NPCs" but I do have a copy of him in a very old, corrupted save.

Cheers.
 XTra KrazzY
03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Journal editing anyone? (just like tes editor):
-Journal entry name, complete/incomplete
-the right side (where you put the values usually) will be used to radio buttoned journal options(the game does have "quest entries" from 0 and up)+desc. for each one at the bottom...(what it says in the journal)
-Button to complete journal entry
-add journal entries(??? not necessary ???)

This seems very complicated, but without desc and radio buttons and only a "complete" button will do ;)

EDIT: First post... SAY SOMETHING PLEASE... REPLY...
 tk102
03-23-2005, 4:25 PM
v3.2.7 released
Added Components and Chemicals to the treeview for TSL savegames.

@hus: It is possible, but I doubt I will have time to hardcode everything. Plus that would add a 3rd version to maintain (already have KSE and KSEA).

@Lakario: Don't know exactly what you mean, but I think the answer is no in regards to adding NPCs.

@Xtra Krazzy: Your request has been noted. And welcome to the forums!
 Lorden Darkblade
03-23-2005, 4:29 PM
Thanks tk :)
Believe it or not I were looking for them in the item list the other day LOL :D
 XTra KrazzY
03-24-2005, 12:52 AM
(I thought you would fix this after two versions but here goes):
You forgot to update the "3.2.5" at the bottom right corner of the program.

BTW think of adding computer spikes and parts as well, and I'm really grateful for the chems and comps, managing them before was tough(adding them to the list everytime).

:fett: KSE RULEZ :fett:
 RedHawke
03-24-2005, 2:06 AM
Originally by Guyver619
I just downloaded the latest version.. and it's a great program you got there, but I noticed one thing.

Now, I'm hoping it's not just my computer, when whenever I open a uti file with the GFF editor, it automatically sets the upgrade lvl to 0.

Anyone else have that problem?
:eyeraise: Er'... Guyver619 I believe you have the wrong thread this is the KSE thread not KOTOR Tool's thread...

I have never been able to open an item .uti in KSE. :D
 tk102
03-24-2005, 3:35 AM
Originally posted by XTra KrazzY
(I thought you would fix this after two versions but here goes):
You forgot to update the "3.2.5" at the bottom right corner of the program.

:o How embarrassing.

BTW think of adding computer spikes and parts as well Unlike chems/comps, spikes and parts are recorded in the inventory.res file as normal stacked items and should appear under the inventory node.
 orbe76
03-24-2005, 7:52 AM
Hey!

I`m a new member from Norway, and I`ve been here frequently here from when you started this page. I most say you have made KOTOR a better game whit KSE! It`s a great save game editor!!

But.... I got problems with the latest versions. I can use KSE 2.1.1.am but when I have tried to use kse 326 or 327, they won`t load. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Greetings from Norway...
 XTra KrazzY
03-24-2005, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by orbe76
I can use KSE 2.1.1.am but when I have tried to use kse 326 or 327, they won`t load. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

I suggest that you should try KSEA 3.2.7
 orbe76
03-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I`ve tried kse 3.2.7. But I read the "readme" file for kse 211a, so maybe it`s because I use non-English versions of Windows XP?

EDIT: bluss bluss :o ...or maybe I didn`t read what u "said"... ;) ksea 3.2.7 works fine... :)
 XTra KrazzY
03-24-2005, 11:19 AM
once again:
did you try KSEA (KSEA Download (http://www.starwarsknights.com/mtools/kse_327a.zip))

EDIT: Nice to see it works, I am always happy to help.
 tk102
03-24-2005, 1:40 PM
Just fixed the version number and reuploaded. Thanks XTra KrazzY,
 XTra KrazzY
03-24-2005, 1:52 PM
Hey, no problem. As I said I am glad to help.

BTW any progress(or will there be any) on the journal thing? because right now i used some tools and built my own "quest completer". it's basucally a dialog with the battered robot from dantooine that I edit constantly, and I can never know what the quest entry num. will be (especially for quests that I can't find where to solve them(like "redemption" for instance(I used entry #91))) and it will be a tool for the dumber ppl among us (no offence), that [cannot]/[don't want to] go through these tough stages of editing the journal through the game.

Thanks in advance.
 tk102
03-24-2005, 4:38 PM
BTW any progress(or will there be any) on the journal thing?
I haven't yet decided whether or not to include this functionality into KSE.

It appears that the data for Journal entries is stored in the PartyTable.res file. For KotOR, chaning the Journal states doesn't appear to be an issue since no scripts in that game use the GetJournalEntry function provided in nwscript.nss (they use Globals instead). However TSL does use the GetJournalEntry function in a number of scripts to track the plot. Changing the values could corrupt the plot of the game. (But one could argue: so can the globals.)

So basically this is a non-answer to your question, except insofar as I've
looked at what it would take. :)

Edit: I take that back, there are a couple instances of GetJournalEntry function in KotOR:
k_ptat20aa_acqui.ncs
k_ptat_noraceyet.ncs
k_ptat_norules.ncs
k_ptat_pazzjour.ncs
k_ptat_sandjourn.ncs
 dr_kayoz
03-24-2005, 4:54 PM
what is the difference between KSE and KSEA?
 tk102
03-24-2005, 5:01 PM
KSE is compiled with Perl/Tk 804.027. KSEA is compiled with Perl/Tk 800.024. The former is Unicode-aware which means it bends over backwards to try to handle other non-ANSI characters.

Unfortunately, it fails for reasons that are slightly mysterious. KSEA does not try to do anything fancy and it seems to work just fine for everyone. KSE is prettier though and has more display options.
 dr_kayoz
03-24-2005, 5:03 PM
ahh ok, here can i make a sugestion for the editor... in the areas where you can change the skins... maybe making the skin appear so you know what skin you are selecting when you select a skin. Like the Player Portrait and Player model i mean, and any where else that models or skins are selected.
 tk102
03-24-2005, 5:08 PM
Implementing eiz's tpc2tga code was something I once considered but I was boggled by it and left it aside rather than try to convert the VC++ to Perl.

And models... :p not going to happen. :)
 XTra KrazzY
03-24-2005, 5:36 PM
I haven't yet decided whether or not to include this functionality into KSE.

You could add "USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, IT MAY DAMAGE YOUR PLOT!(only if it's not a "Bonus quest")":p

EDIT: if you already know what that quest entry writes in your journal(if you do add that to the journal editor), then it will not be as risky as what i do(#91)... The only thing that bothers me is the connection between the journal entries and the global vars.

Implementing eiz's tpc2tga code was something I once considered but I was boggled by it and left it aside rather than try to convert the VC++ to Perl.

tpc2tga means portrait files to pictures? if so, then maybe i could help with porting the code from vcpp to pl... just because i think the idea will contribute alot to the gui when changing a portrait ;)
 tk102
03-24-2005, 5:38 PM
tpc2tga means portrait files to pictures? if so, then i maybe could help with porting the code from vcpp to pl... just because i think the idea will contribute alot to the gui when changing a portrait
That'd be cool. :) Here's the URL for eiz's source:
http://blitz.phpwebhosting.com/eiz/tpc/)

Edit: Not strictly a VC++ project... just straight up C++.
 XTra KrazzY
03-24-2005, 5:41 PM
[notice my edit above]

about the porting, I will compile the code tomorrow (friday, nothing to do :D), then check it out in action, and start to port.
Page: 10 of 25