Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Roots of Humanity

Page: 3 of 5
 bantha poo doo
02-15-2004, 7:50 PM
"Well, what matters is that we're here and were not go . . . . . Ok I can accept how we might be able to evolve in another galaxy, it could happen, but can you explain to me how everyone here in this galaxy can speak English."

The look on the faces of the people in the shuttle showed that they've never heard of this "English".

"Ok, what do you call the language you are speaking?"
 Hiroki
02-15-2004, 7:50 PM
Drake was somewhat confused by the whole situation, but quickly regained his composer. "Well, I can't really give you any reason there, friend. Who knows how you traveled back in time, hell, it could be some malfunction in your hardware!"

Drake examined his shuttle once more. "This is also made of very old tech, we had stuff like this back in the time of Xim the despot! I don't know what to tell you."

"If you really did travel back in time, maybe some great catastrify came over us here, and a group of humans set off for another Galaxy, yours. And when they arived, they found the earth, left all of there stuff on the ship, and sent it into your star or somethin'. And I just pulled that out of my head! You could make endless theorys. And of course, your ship could just be screwed..."
 Black Knight of Keno
02-15-2004, 7:51 PM
"It is our common language. We have never called it anything..." Tepe said as he walked next Roman
 bantha poo doo
02-15-2004, 7:53 PM
"Well its better that we speak the same language, otherwise this could be very inconvenient now couldn't it? Roman said.

"So what happens to us now, our ship is just scrap metal, too damaged to make any significant repairs on it."
 Hiroki
02-15-2004, 7:53 PM
"Well, except Galactic Basic. Its the trade language of the civilized Galaxy." Drake said.
 Flamehart
02-15-2004, 8:07 PM
Craig looked from one person to another, then smacked his head. "Galactic Basic IS our common language, or as this man calls it, English." He sighed and looked around the ship.

"Apparently, your timeline is much farther ahead of ours, as your chronometer shows, but it seems that the technology of these ages was either lost between those times or did not evolve on this "Earth."

He sighed, then looked at Roman. "Also, you're not the only one with out of date material." He pulled out his dual handguns, both modified by him, but they were regular handguns, loaded with regular bullets rather than energy power cells. "Some really old guy in the Outer Rim traided these to me, they were so old they didn't work, but I fixed 'em. Thought they might look familiar to you, and to you creeps wondering why I'm carrying such an ancient artifact, I find these to be more effective than blasters."

(They're both modified Desert Eagles btw :))
[Edit: How often do you guys check this thread? Geeze I posted not too long ago, come back, and theres a whole 'nother page!]
 bantha poo doo
02-15-2004, 8:10 PM
"We do have particle weapons, but we have had to resort to projectile weapons ever since the invention of EM dissapators, we're much more advanced than you think."
 Flamehart
02-15-2004, 9:12 PM
Craig nodded, but shrugged. "Just thought it may look a bit familiar to you." He spun both pistols and holstered them.

"Bullets fly faster than blasters, and are so much more useful." He looked around the ship. Craig, being a mercenary, had used quite a few different ships in his time, but could not recognize this design. "This is the oldest looking ship I've seen, even older than some Cargo Freight ship I served on once, and that thing was ages before the Republic, too."
 Hiroki
02-15-2004, 9:34 PM
Drake nodded at Craig. "Yeah, I bet a single Star Fighter canon would blow it out of the sky..." Turning to Roman he asks "Do your people posess any form of hyperdrive? I asume this ship is faster than light, correct?"
 bantha poo doo
02-15-2004, 10:24 PM
"We do not posses any technology that allows us to travel faster than light, seeing as how we always thought it was impossible. Instead, this ship travels by punching a hole through the very fabric of space, opening it at the selected destination. Of course, the rift closes a few minutes after it is opened." Roman said.
 Flamehart
02-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Craig looked at Drake, and replied jokingly, "The Cargo Freighter, or this ship?" He then turned to Roman and said, "Yeah, but how far of a range can you go with that?"
 bantha poo doo
02-15-2004, 11:24 PM
"We can scope pretty much our entire galaxy, which is about 200,000 light years in diameter, but the calculations required are so precise, that we have to have the on board computer plot our courses, of course, that is just a shuttle, its not an actual ship, so it only has a sublight drive unit. The power source needed to power such a unit takes up 5 decks on our capital ships."
 Writer
02-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Kuu'Ra remained silent as she followed the others, but was stunned at Roman's comment.

"Even hyperspace can't allow us to travel that fast," she said. "It's not surprising that it takes such a large power source."

((JEEZ!! You guys post WAY too much. In a matter of one or two days, you bumped this thread to 3 pages.))
 Flamehart
02-16-2004, 12:46 AM
((Amen, wildjedi. I posted sometime this morning halfway down the second page, came back from church, and BLAM its on the third page. I'm starting to wonder if the time you guys spend here is safe...))
 Writer
02-16-2004, 1:05 AM
((I only have two things to say, then. First, they must have nothing else to do with their lives and second, they must not go to church. If they did, like you and I, they wouldn't have been able to do all of that while we were away, unless their time zone is that much different.))
 Flamehart
02-16-2004, 1:13 AM
((I don't think theres a time zone on Earth where their time stops for a specific amount of time, giving them ungodly time to post a page and a half.))
 jokemaster
02-16-2004, 1:16 AM
((I know, I just came back for one moment, and BOOM there was already a page and a half new posts.))
"The technology that allows us to do that is quantum processing. most of the space is spent on the computers needed alone, the rest is the engine itself." Said Otacon, noticing Kuu'Ra's shock.
 Hiroki
02-16-2004, 1:40 AM
(( I'm just enthusiastic about posting! I enjoy it! :) ))

"Thats pretty damn amazeing, Roman. Considering the low level of your other tech, that one aspects above ours!" Drake states with amazement.
 jokemaster
02-16-2004, 2:27 AM
"Necessity begets technology" Said Snake. "We needed newer places to live in, and more resources."
 Ziechel
02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Still listening to their discussion, Aal heard something about the hyperspace. He asked Snake whether he can give him a cigarette, too and got one pressed hard in his hand. Snake lited it for him and Aal said "thank you". He walked beside snake a few moments, hearing the others were still depended in their discussion. Then he went to KuuRa, the jedi women, which he had noticed. She also didnt talk very much and he asked: "what r ya doing here?"

[[ou.. you guys write to much i think.. already 3 sides while i sleep. Damn time differences]]
 bantha poo doo
02-16-2004, 11:01 PM
"So . . . . . it appears we're stuck here, any idea what we can do now?" said Roman puzzled. "Anyway I could be useful would be good, i honestly don't know how though."
 Writer
02-17-2004, 8:20 PM
Kuu'Ra turned to look at Aal and smiled. "The Jedi are the peacekeepers of the galaxy, but sometimes things get a little out of hand. If such things happen, we are here to put an end to it as quick as possible. Our lightsabers are the only weapons we have and you saw how short range they are."
 jokemaster
02-17-2004, 9:15 PM
"What about hand to hand combat?" Asked Snake.
 Writer
02-17-2004, 10:05 PM
"We are also trained in hand to hand, just in case our lightsabers fail," Kuu'Ra answered. "It rarely happens, however."
 bantha poo doo
02-17-2004, 10:05 PM
"I do not think hand to hand combat would be necessary when it comes to them, you've seen how they have all of those nifty powers. Now that would be a sight wouldn't it, two people fighting with those kind of powers."
 Flamehart
02-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Craig shrugged, then looked at Tepe and Kuu'Ra. "It would be interesting, providing the opponent was not vastly superior in their control of the Force. It tends to get one sided if that happens."
 bantha poo doo
02-17-2004, 11:08 PM
"Can we get some quarters on this ship? Other than the infirmary of course?" Roman said.

And what is to become of us now Kuu'Ra? Roman asked. "We have nothing of value, nowhere to go, we're basically screwed"
 Black Knight of Keno
02-18-2004, 6:48 AM
"The senate decides what will become your destiny" Tepe said, stepping towards Roman. "We have three quarters free at the moment. You should go look at them" Tepe then said and stopped to see the group. "Yes, and these powers that we have, is only one side of the force. There is one side more, the dark side, that is quiker and deadlyer than the light side ability's that we have..." Tepe explained and then got quiet
 jokemaster
02-18-2004, 11:07 AM
After a short silence, Snake finally spoke. "When can I get my gun back?"
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 1:07 PM
Drake looked at Tepe, smirking slightly. "I thought your side WAS the Dark Side..."
 Black Knight of Keno
02-18-2004, 1:17 PM
"Didn't you listen to Kuu'Ra? We are Jedi, the peacekeeper's. The Dark Jedi's and Sith are the ferless warriors of the dark side" Tepe said, looking at Drake
 weiderudare
02-18-2004, 2:44 PM
"Peacekeepers? Then why do you got those shiny metalpieces on you?"
Will smirked
"And what is this "Senate"?"
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 3:21 PM
Laughing, Drake once again spoke. "Now I understand why you need a weapon these days. But you Tepe, you seem to flaunt your powers around like a new speeder..."
 Black Knight of Keno
02-18-2004, 3:35 PM
"Yes, I am too eager. I try to control myself from now on" Tepe says to Drake and turns to Will "The senate is the core of this galaxy. There every world's and race's senator gather. You shall see it when we get there" Tepe answered to Will and looked at Kuu'Ra.
 Ziechel
02-18-2004, 3:37 PM
Interested, Aal heared KuuRa talking about Jedi. The good thing was, now when the discussion began he could easily forget his past, as it isnt so often the case. Banned he looked at the twileks
tentacles. After some minutes he noticed the Girl was staring at him. He tried to look somewhere else, not on the tentacles, but they were so nice, he didnt know why he thought that
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 5:21 PM
Drake looks at Aal, then at Kuu'Ra, then back to Aal again. Leaning over to him, he whispers... "I wouldn't even think about that...Jedi don't feel love you know."
 Ziechel
02-18-2004, 6:23 PM
[hrhr i HAD to laugh about that when i read it ;) ]

Aal replied silently: "How do you know..??
You can read minds or what?
Damn why happen such things only always to me?
Feeling love for.. a twilek monster with tentacles..."
 weiderudare
02-18-2004, 6:37 PM
"Better than most things back home... Maybe we can import them..."
Will grinned and turned to Tepe
"All the galaxies planets are represented? That have to be a crowded room..."
 Black Knight of Keno
02-18-2004, 6:41 PM
"You wish. It many, many miles high. I thibnk it's the tallest building in the world!" Tepe answered to Will. "You will see it quite soon"
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 7:45 PM
Sitting down in a chair, Drake casually said "I've seen it before, its okay, not my type of place. Busy body Senate."
 Writer
02-18-2004, 8:17 PM
"I have been in the Senate chambers many times," Kuu'Ra announced. "Though I cannot say that I enjoy it, I'd have to say it's better than my home planet, Ryloth."

Seeing a few odd looks, she smiled. "Yes, I must admit that Ryloth is one of the worst planets in the galaxy. Burning hot on one side, freezing cold on the other, with only a narrow strip of moderate temperature. Most of the inhabitants live underground."
 bantha poo doo
02-18-2004, 8:18 PM
"I don't like politicians, I find that they are mostly in it for themselves." Roman said.

"Well, if we stayed here any longer on Earth a seagull would have shat on us already, I'm going to sleep"

And with that, Roman left for his quarters.

Four hours later the ship dropped out of hyperspace and was orbiting Coruscant.
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 9:34 PM
Drake looked down on the capital of the Republic, smileing slightly. "Ahh, I've brought down my fair share of Jed-err scum bags in this place, theres good credits here." He said, haveing to stop himself from drooling over how much he imagened he was going to earn on his next bountys.
 jokemaster
02-18-2004, 9:57 PM
Snake and Otacon approached the Jedi, holding a long, slim bag. From there they took out a long sword (the HF Blade from the MGS games).
"Recognize this?" Snake asked. To the suprise of the Jedi, the sword was made from cortosis (a lightsaber resisting material)
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Drake looked at it, the suprise on his face hidden only by his helmet. "Thats cortosis ain't it? My Vibro-sword has it weaved thru the metal. Handy stuff againts thoughs laser swords the Jedi carry."
 jokemaster
02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
"We've been trying to identify it for years." Said Otacon. "The metal is extremely rare on earth, in fact this is the only sample that anyone has ever seen there."
 Jase_Morden
02-18-2004, 10:46 PM
((It's not too late to join is it? And I couldn't come up with any good names, so I just used the name of the main guy from Chrome. :/ ))
Name: Bolt Logan
Race, Gender: Human, Male
Info: Bolt was being held prisoner inside the shuttle, but when it crashed, Bolt was knocked unconscious, and wasn't found, is now waking up, only to find strange creatures rummaging through the remains of the crashed shuttle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bolt awoke, the impact of the shuttle hitting this planet's surface broke open the cell that was holding him. He noticed a strange, green creature with antennas, and another stranger creature with 4 thin tentacles hanging down one side of it's head walking around the crashed shuttle. He reached for his gun, then he realized it was on the other side of the shuttle. "Damn, how do I get past these weirdos?" he said, but the Rodians and Weequays heard him, and walked over to Bolt. "Echu banna?"
"What the hell?" Bolt replied
"I'm sorry, but Mannis here doesn't speak Galactic Basic," said the Weequay
"Speak what?"
"Galatic Basic, the language you are speaking now,"
"No, no, I'm speakin' English. Now I've had my confrontation with aliens before, but you, you are a totally new one, as well as him," said Bolt, he pointed to the Rodian.

(Sorry for makin' it long, I do that sometimes)
 Flamehart
02-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Craig laughed at the thought of the Senate. "I'm on whoever's side who doesn't like the Senate room. I've been in there my fair share of times, light stuff you know, like I would break the smallest law possible just to get my job done, and they would "reprimand" me for it...I don't like that many people looking in my direction at once, either, it's rather disconcerting."
 Hiroki
02-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Drake looked at Craig. "Damn straight! Same with me and my Bountys, you know, for a Jedi you ain't half bad. I ain't takeing a step within that hall. I'm goin' to the cantina, tell me when your done."
 jokemaster
02-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Snake stopped for a moment, and decided to trust Craig.
"Listen, we're not too comfortable with the idea of a group of beurocrats deciding our fate."
Page: 3 of 5