Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Round one : Fight!

Page: 1 of 4
 Mex
02-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Dudes, I'm going to need your help..

Where to start.. Right.. Theres this kid at school who is the same age as me. He thinks that he is all bad and crap, but he's only tough with his friends around.

After-school today him and his friends came to bug me, he kept on throwing me in bushes. Obviously I couldn't kick the crap out of him then because his 18 year old mate was there. So tomorrow if he starts on me again I'm going to have to fight..

Don't bother telling me that crap like "Go to tell your teacher" Or anything like that. At my school it does not work.

So has anyone got any fight tips? I'm going to eat lots of fruit and get plenty of sleep, and jog in the morning as well. >.>

- Would appreciate help! -
 Kain
02-11-2004, 12:40 PM
don't be afraid to fight dirty. weapons, low blows, dirt in the eyes, all fair. this isn't the romantic era of dueling, its now. nothing lethal though, that isn't cool. and hit him with a banjo. I seen a guy get hit with a banjo and he went DOWN.
 Sam
02-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Do you have anybody to back you up?
 Mex
02-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Kain
don't be afraid to fight dirty. weapons, low blows, dirt in the eyes, all fair. this isn't the romantic era of dueling, its now. nothing lethal though, that isn't cool. and hit him with a banjo. I seen a guy get hit with a banjo and he went DOWN.

Buahahhh! Hit with a banjo? Nice!

Check-list :
Dirt ~ Check.

I'm gonna grab some dirt, when he starts I'll get it in his eyes and punch him one.

Edit : Anyone to back me up? Crap.. Yes, there is two people. Ones pretty strong. I'll get him to help.
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Do what you can to throw the first punch, and try to hit him in the nose. A punch to the nose will cause nose to bleed, eyes to tear, and he'll probably be done. If he still looks like he wants to fight, kick him in the knee...HARD.
 Sam
02-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Where/when is this fighting gonna happen?

If its after school you better know when to stop fighting.

You do not want stuff to spiral out of control.
 Boba Rhett
02-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Firstly, Are you SURE there's nothing else you can do? There's gotta be something you can do. Call the police if you have to. How about running away? Getting into an even numbered fight is bad enough but if this kid has other people with him, you're just nobly sacrificing yourself.

If you absolutely have to fight, try not to be the one to throw the first punch because then you're at least legally in the clear to defend yourself. Make sure that your hits count. You don't get do-over or practice shot. If you have to take a punch in the stomach, tighten up and try to get it inbetween the side and the very front.

Don't hit their arms. That just pisses people off moreso. Go for the nose, the center of the sternum or genitals.

What I would try and do is get the person on the ground. Wrap one of your legs around to the back of one of theirs, step farward and push into them. Once down, make sure they stay there.

If you can get ahold of the persons thumb, grab ahold, twist it around as hard as you can without breaking it and don't let go.
 Mex
02-11-2004, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Firstly, Are you SURE there's nothing else you can do? There's gotta be something you can do. Call the police if you have to. How about running away? Getting into an even numbered fight is bad enough but if this kid has other people with him, you're just nobly sacrificing yourself.

If you absolutely have to fight, try not to be the one to throw the first punch because then you're at least legally in the clear to defend yourself. Make sure that your hits count. You don't get do-over or practice shot. If you have to take a punch in the stomach, tighten up and try to get it inbetween the side and the very front.

Don't hit their arms. That just pisses people off moreso. Go for the nose, the center of the sternum or genitals.

What I would try and do is get the person on the ground. Wrap one of your legs around to the back of one of theirs, step farward and push into them. Once down, make sure they stay there.

If you can get ahold of the persons thumb, grab ahold, twist it around as hard as you can without breaking it and don't let go.

Sam : It'll most probably happy in school time. He wants a crowd there to try and built his reputaion up.

Rhett : I'm sure theres nothing else I can do. If I call the police I get into deep crap my self. I can't really run away either because I am quite a slow runner myself.

I will go for the nose, I always do that. Since my friend goes boxing I've learned some tips off of him..

Thanks all. ^__^;
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 1:02 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
If you absolutely have to fight, try not to be the one to throw the first punch because then you're at least legally in the clear to defend yourself.

Problem with this is if he gives the other guy the first punch, he's decreasing chances of success in the fight.
 Sivy
02-11-2004, 1:18 PM
Fighting is of course the last resort, if there’s no other way then here’s a few tips…

tip 1. try and stay on your feet. balance is important. if you go down when you're up against a group they'll kick you around like a football. if you do go down protect your head with your arms

tip 2. keep your guard up, make it difficult for them to land a clean blow

tip 3 keep moving... a moving target to harder to hit then a stationary one - bob, weave, duck and dive

tip 4. keep throwing fast jabs, aim for the nose, the throat and the eyes. DO NOT swing, these are easily blocked or dodged and can be quickly counted.

tip 5. if you are outnumbered then don't be afraid of fighting dirty.. a good kick to the nads will floor anyone.
 IG-64
02-11-2004, 1:19 PM
Are you gonna tape it and post it? :p

J/K

I learned in karate that you can easily take an opponent by surprise by screaming, like when he least expects it go "HIAH!!!" and then sock him

Also, there are some mind games to getting a powerful punch, if possible, try to aim behind the target because if your aiming for the surface of what your gonna hit, you will subconciously slow down before you hit it, so aim a little bit behind him when you hit him, that way your brain tells your fist that it has to "go trough" his skull to hit behind his head, it's hard to do but it works, belive me.

another thing is practice. if you have time today to practice fighting, and practice those tips I gave you, do it.

hope that helps

EDIT: Oh ya, one thing I learned fighting with my brother (for fun) is this: DO NOT give into the dark side, if you depend on rage you will only be sloppy and get worn down easily. Stay calm, think about what your doing, and good luck, you'll need it.

EDIT AGAIN: Don't listen to anything he says, he'll probably try to mess with your head, keep your mind clear and focused, ecspesially if you get worn out. If you start to cry, back off and evade untill you feel better about your self, if you get that worn out, don't go wildy hitting at him, wait untill you regain strength and return focus.
 Neverhoodian
02-11-2004, 1:33 PM
Focus on the next hit. If you get hit, try not to focus on it, just focus on getting the next hit in.

Utilize pressure points. If you manage to get the chance to get at a pressure point, grab it and squeeze HARD. The most accessable point is in the wrist somewhere. (unfortunately, I don't know where it is precisely. Maybe you could ask someone who knows) I've heard that you can sometimes stop a fight then and there once you start squeezing on a pressure point.

Most of the other fighting tips have been said already by the others. Remember to focus on surviving instead of winning. Don't get me wrong, it's just that one tends to be in a more effective fighting mind-set if one focuses on surviving.
 RoxStar
02-11-2004, 1:54 PM
Kick 'em where it hurts!:D

I'm totally against fighting. If your teachers won't do anything for you contact the police.
 IG-64
02-11-2004, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Focus on the next hit. If you get hit, try not to focus on it, just focus on getting the next hit in.

Utilize pressure points. If you manage to get the chance to get at a pressure point, grab it and squeeze HARD. The most accessable point is in the wrist somewhere. (unfortunately, I don't know where it is precisely. Maybe you could ask someone who knows) I've heard that you can sometimes stop a fight then and there once you start squeezing on a pressure point.

Most of the other fighting tips have been said already by the others. Remember to focus on surviving instead of winning. Don't get me wrong, it's just that one tends to be in a more effective fighting mind-set if one focuses on surviving.

I ran a google search on pressure points, this might help: clicky (http://www.kyusho.com/points.htm)
 Agen_Terminator
02-11-2004, 2:49 PM
Meh, pressure points need some really precise aiming and loads of practice :p

Most people, when they hit don't realise that they sort of just stare at the person's response. Once you hit, don't stop until he's down (and not getting up too fast), gushing or begging, even if you take a hit, don't dwell on it. :p

Also, don't underestimate the effect of body hits, if they're not superman/contantly tensed (heh) then you can easily wind someone and a hit on the low ribs can be sore as ****. Also, don't be too slow or they can get you into submission type moves (it happens a lot)

Like I said, ocne you hit keep on going and going. :p
GL :)
 leXX
02-11-2004, 2:58 PM
Some great suggestions here, especially the kick to the bollocks. If you don't think your punches are too hard, aim for the solar plexus (just above the stomach where the rib cage starts) to knock the wind out of them.

One thing that is very important is to not show fear. Eye contact is all important. Even if you are afraid, don't show it. Also, act a fool, like you've completely lost the plot. ;)
 XERXES
02-11-2004, 3:10 PM
Invest in a quality butterfly knife and learn how to flip it out at a moments notice. If the teachers don't care about the kids fighting you, then they shouldnt care about this either.
 BawBag™
02-11-2004, 3:54 PM
Show no pain. Always keep the attacks going constantly. Don't let him get up. Make sure you've got enough killer instinct to kick him in the face.
I know thats very animalistic but thats the breaks. Or poke him the eye. (seriously)
 El Sitherino
02-11-2004, 4:04 PM
kick them in the sided of the stomach then jam a pencil in his thigh. This should cripple him a bit for you to get in some good shots. :)
>_>
<_<
What?
 ExcelsioN
02-11-2004, 4:16 PM
There's this freaky pyromaniac chinese dude at my school who once, err, tried to beat me up. You have to take the pain. Don't show him that your hurt, even if it abseloutley kills. They'll get satisfaction out of that. Also, if theres several of them then its unlikely that you'd stand any chance. But try to kick them in places where its gonna hurt. And don't make it look like you started the fight. If you get caught then you'll be the one in deep sh**.
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 4:32 PM
I could kill him for ya...

Anyhow, What works for me sometimes is to tackle them down. Once on the ground elbow in stomach kick in face, combinations of it...
 DarkLord60
02-11-2004, 8:04 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
I could kill him for ya...

Anyhow, What works for me sometimes is to tackle them down. Once on the ground elbow in stomach kick in face, combinations of it...

I hope that was a joke

Anyway I suggest you dont use weapons that could hurt him or you could get into trouble and we wouldnt want that also defending yourself is ok but becareful how you you do it.
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 8:08 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Anyway I suggest you dont use weapons that could hurt him or you could get into trouble

I'm going to offer the opposite advice. Carry a baseball bat with you all day. He's probably not gonna be too keen on picking a fight with a guy with a baseball bat. And if he is....well then you make him regret it.
 DarkLord60
02-11-2004, 8:10 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I'm going to offer the opposite advice. Carry a baseball bat with you all day. He's probably not gonna be too keen on picking a fight with a guy with a baseball bat. And if he is....well then you make him regret it.

True never thought about that but then he'll be making his enemy even more upset and he will pick on him more.
 Weapon X
02-11-2004, 8:18 PM
woohoo, finally something i can help someone with. when you see the kid START THE FIGHT, kicked out of school? oh well at least you'll be the one who's kickin ass. first thing when you see this kid is get a 3 step run at it and throw everything you have into his nose with your strongest hand and grab his shirt at the chest area w/the other and keep swinging, if he goes down start kicking him in the head and STOMP on him. who cares if his friends are there, the 18 yr old will go to jail if he touches you. if you can get 2 rolls of nickels and use them as fist packs cuz they work the best. head-butt him too if you get the chance. take my advice and you'll be the victor, unless you have no fighting skills and he's god or something, but i don't think that's the case so you'll be perfectly fine if you DON'T STOP
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 8:18 PM
I have a feeling the bully is going to avoid mikeXP if mike beats him down with a baseball bat. I'd be afraid of someone who did that to me.
 IG-64
02-11-2004, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by Weapon X
woohoo, finally something i can help someone with. when you see the kid START THE FIGHT, kicked out of school? oh well at least you'll be the one who's kickin ass. first thing when you see this kid is get a 3 step run at it and throw everything you have into his nose with your strongest hand and grab his shirt at the chest area w/the other and keep swinging, if he goes down start kicking him in the head and STOMP on him. who cares if his friends are there, the 18 yr old will go to jail if he touches you. if you can get 2 rolls of nickels and use them as fist packs cuz they work the best. head-butt him too if you get the chance. take my advice and you'll be the victor, unless you have no fighting skills and he's god or something, but i don't think that's the case so you'll be perfectly fine if you DON'T STOP

I know how to block a lapel grab ;P
 DarkLord60
02-11-2004, 8:21 PM
Id get more people to back me up then who cares about a bat.
 Pie™
02-11-2004, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by Weapon X take my advice and you'll be the victor, unless you have no fighting skills and he's god or something, but i don't think that's the case so you'll be perfectly fine if you DON'T STOP :eyeraise:

Don't stop until the other guy's dead, you mean? :eyeraise:

I say you take ET's advice ;)

((BTW; i thought you were a pacifist ET))
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 8:23 PM
Hey my job as a Goblin isn't a joke :p
 obi
02-11-2004, 8:26 PM
If it will lead to a fight, make sure it hurries up and gets there. The amount of time spent before a fight will KILL your nerves, giving you a handicap.

Gouge his eyes out, that ought to do some good.

Heh.
 topshot
02-11-2004, 8:29 PM
I'm usually against violence, but one thing I do know is to keep your eyes and ears open........wide open. Keep a calm mind, and your body should react. Your best offense is usually your best defense and vice-versa.
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 8:30 PM
Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!
((BTW; i thought you were a pacifist ET))

I am. But that doesn't mean I can't give advice for OTHER people to use.
 DarkLord60
02-11-2004, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
If it will lead to a fight, make sure it hurries up and gets there. The amount of time spent before a fight will KILL your nerves, giving you a handicap.

Gouge his eyes out, that ought to do some good.

Heh.

ROFL
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 8:33 PM
Liesssssssssss...:mad: :D
 Reborn Outcast
02-11-2004, 8:38 PM
Well, that's all good advice, but since I've never been in a fight I can't really say much. :( But there is one thing that I do know. If he goes down, kick him in the SIDE of the knee... thats an area that, even if hit softly, will absolutly kill. This much I know haha.
 jokemaster
02-11-2004, 8:41 PM
Wear a watch on your wrist. Trust me, if when you block a blow and he hits your watch, it hurts him bad. Also, with guys there's a vein near the elbow that when hit hurts like hell.
NOW GET TRAINING
*starts playing that song from Rocky*
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 8:43 PM
Yeah unfortuantely for me I had to figure that out the hard way... I hit my arm on my Bunk bed... I thought I broke it...
 Breton
02-11-2004, 9:13 PM
Michaelmexp: Why do you absolutly have to fight this guy anyway? It's not like people get respect by beating the chitin out of each other, that's just childish IMO.

Just keep in mind: If you don't want to fight, don't. You'll lose nothing. However, if you absolutly do want to fight, just keep in mind the consequences of doing so (which are often quite considerable).
 ET Warrior
02-11-2004, 9:24 PM
Originally posted by Breton
It's not like people get respect by beating the chitin out of each other, that's just childish IMO.

Not entirely true, there is a manner of respect associated with the abillity to defend yourself. But, more importantly, beating the chitin out of somebody prevents that somebody from beating the chitin out of YOU.
 TK-8252
02-11-2004, 9:30 PM
Fighting will only get you messed up even more. I don't understand how your school would tolerate fighting. My advice is to go to your parents, get them to notify the school. The school has to listen to parents. Stay near teachers or any other administrator, avoid the bully. That's pretty effective. A bully will not be stupid enough to fight right in front of a teacher or administrator. But don't start the fight, if someone is giving you s***, don't act annoyed. That's what bullies want, to have the satisfaction that they're pissing someone off. If you just shrug something off, they'll eventually lose interest and move on to someone else. But in the meantime, tell your parents. Parent involvement is good. Instead of learning how to fight, and getting yourself messed up even more, and risk getting suspended (How will you explain THAT to your parents?), stop the problem before it gets worse!
 Breton
02-11-2004, 9:57 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Not entirely true, there is a manner of respect associated with the abillity to defend yourself. But, more importantly, beating the chitin out of somebody prevents that somebody from beating the chitin out of YOU.

Based on my own experience, fighting gives in no way respect.

And remember that starting a fight will likely get yourself beaten up, as most fights tend to end up in both of them beating each other up. And what if you do beat the chitin out of the other? Congrats, you're now the immature bully of the class.

Fights are easily avoided, and you'll not get into one unless you want to yourself. And not fighting at all is much better than the alternative.
 Lil Killa
02-11-2004, 10:38 PM
All the fights I have ever been a whitness too haven't lasted more than 30 seconds so I think if you do get in a fight no one will get too hurt. Depends on where it takes place though. If it's inside or outside near the school then some administrator/teacher will be there as soon as they hear people talking really loud... last person messed with me nicely stoped when I told him toshut the **** up and leave me alone :) maybe that could work for you :P ( I also gree 3 inches over the summer so I was taller than him then but hey..)
 ZBomber
02-11-2004, 10:52 PM
i think its really sad you are all encouraing a 14 year old to resort to volence, and giving him fighting tips......

hurting him won't help you at all, hes not gonna "fear you" hes gonna be pissed and hurt YOU. :(
 wassup
02-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Some of you sicken me...(you know who you are)

Instead of persuading and telling Michaelmexp that there are alternatives to violence, you provide suggestions on how to tread the path of violence. This kind of thing can be avoided. When you stop thinking of other ways for resolving a conflict, you have already lost the fight.
 zERoCooL2479
02-11-2004, 10:56 PM
WASSSSSSUUUUUUUUPPP:D
 ZBomber
02-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by zERoCooL2479
WASSSSSSUUUUUUUUPPP:D

Wow, how informative! :thumbsup:
 Jedi Luke
02-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Beating the crap out of the kidneys is good. They'll end up pissing blood for a week. My friends have got tips too. I'll find out from them.
 TheHobGoblin
02-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Okay non violent tip eh?

Find another route home...
 Arreat
02-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Some great suggestions here, especially the kick to the bollocks.

By this you mean nuts? If so thats not a good Idea... 'Cause you see, its just like killing a person who is chatting on JO or someone having sabre down. Its like forbidden to perform a nutcracker when fighting, that is if the ifhgt is between two men. :D A good strategy would be to poke both of his pupils then when he can't see sock him in the face. :P Then do whatever you wish from there.
Page: 1 of 4