Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Round one : Fight!

Page: 3 of 4
 obi
02-13-2004, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by topshot

I'm sick of this senseless flaming. Grow up. Not everyone sees things your way. I think I've said enough now.

What are you trying to prove, huh?

Nobody is flaming.
 topshot
02-13-2004, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
What are you trying to prove, huh?

Nobody is flaming.

Actually, I have no idea what I'm trying to prove. All I just know is that bullying has got to end. My apologies if I was being such an ass.
 Alegis
02-13-2004, 5:38 PM
Ooh fights...

I myself started one, got me in loads of trouble...Then some months ago I was ambushed by 6 PPL (all 1 year younger) for some feking reason, when they do that usually one or two comes closer to you first. Beat the crap out of them asap (before the others 'arrive'), however they were with 6 the chicken****s ran away. I only got to touch 2. Fear is an important factor. I got that first person by grabning that one like, by the trouserneck or hair if possible (i preffer trouserneck) and kick em in the face. I 'pay respect' to certain rules like biting and nothing under the belt, but 6vs1 is way past fair

I started boxing recently, but thats not for the fighting, I got these 'fields of tension' in the middle of my chest and infront of my head, which cause me a lot of migraine from time to time

generally, i dont recommend it. When attacked i go for it, but only if i cant avoid it (i dont like running, they usually catch up and i've shown a great deal of fear then). Dont go for this one, michealmeexp
 Rad Blackrose
02-13-2004, 6:06 PM
I have a question for all the people advocating peace in this thread. Have you ever, and I mean ever have had your life threatened, or suffered the abuse via others?

I have, and if you have seen the crap I have, you would realize that there is a time for words, and a time for fists to fly.

The fact is that the dregs of society (in this case the bullies of public education systems) decide to throw around their muscle and harass people has gone on long enough. Teachers and administrators rarely decide to act on hearsay, and instead wait on the fight to occur and be harsh on both parties.

At the same time, it seems self-defense is no longer a valid excuse. Even if you do know the other person threw the first punch, it doesn't matter. It's as though they expect you to take the beating.

So do you want 13 year old Johnny to die from a 6 man gangbang because he was hoping a teacher would break up a fight, and thus did not attack? Or that an administrator would see this crowd and break it up? Yeah, maybe in a perfect world it would happen.

So in essence, to your pacifistic notions, I say two words:

F*** it.

I happen to have a little policy that is known to my real life friends, "You violate my space with mal intent, and I'll beat you like a red headed stepchild."

Granted, I have training in military self-defense, bo staff, and dual sais, but even without this leverage, the policy would still apply.

It was my third week in college last semester when one night I had a drunken person on the same floor of the dorms as me start badmouthing. After trying the age old diplomatic solution, he grabbed my arm tightly. Needless to say, I choke held him and jacked him up against a wall. Just to shut him up real quick, I put a right cross to his face.

I knew the idiot would have pulled a move sooner or later, but instead decided to play the innocent victim when people filed out of their rooms. He only got the pity of two people (the two girls he was about to smoke pot with) while the rest of the people looked with eyes wide opened.

Lets take a look at the replay:

1.) Drunken idiot invaded personal space, after talking smack, with physical contact
2.) Diplomacy failed: People who think they are all high and mighty tend to need to be a wee bit stubborn, and thus need to be brought down off their high horse.

As far as do's and don'ts in fighting, remember: Anything goes. Break some bones. Feel free to nail someone in the twig and berries if the opportunity presents itself. Hell, yesterday I learned an extension off an overhead bo strike that goes right for the family jewels. Chivalry is dead, and last I checked there are very few practicioners of Bushido. Just don't kill the person, and try not to discombobulate the person. This isn't war.

And if you do decide to fight, be humble about it. Don't go off saying, "I beat soandso's ass." You garner more respect by keeping it to yourself, and not creating delusions of grandeur.

So, to recap:

1.) Try to talk it over, but don't rely on it to get you out of all situations.
2.) If you feel your personal space being invaded or threatened, have at it.
3.) Running from your problems is never, never, EVER a solution.
 Agen_Terminator
02-13-2004, 6:31 PM
#1 rule: Always BLOCK YOUR BALLS!!!!
? I could go into that but I can't be bothered. All you gotta do is once you stop is don't stop, this works, block out the pain and give everything until he's down and you're knackered. Try and refrain from pulling coats and grappling etc, that is always in favour of the better/bigger built guy.

kicking someone in the privates can do irreparable damage...its not worth it in the grander scheme of things
Yeah, same with eye gouging, not good.

We have arranged fights outside the flagpole at my school, and usually 90-100 people turn up (My entire year is 140 people). If they don't take place on the day they're set for, then they never do.
Not in my school, unarranged fights break out and almost a thousand folk gather to watch.... way, way more than 100 people, more like 1000 heh. (my year is just under 800 though heh)

Well there's a difference between a bully, and someone that's insane. The bully that Michael seems to be dealing with doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who just thinks everyone can go to hell and if someone looks at me I'll freakin kill 'em. <- Those types of guys aren't usually that popular or with many friends.
Mmmmmmm, that kind of lot usually stick together so it's worse. :p

Get a sense of what's going on, it's hard to imagine some 13 year old pulling WWE moves. When someone fights at school it's usually a pathetic display. Two really pissed off guys who think they're tough, shoving each other until a teacher breaks it up.
Hah, not here! I broke my friends arm and screwed up his tooth when I was fighting him. I was 12 ;)

Stand up to him but dont fight. Let him punch you a few times, if you can handle it. He'll start to get nervous, especially if a crowd's around. Make sure to not show any pain, and to grin evily at him. Give him a look like you're going to really kill him. If he's a real bully, acting like a physcopath will make him piss in his pants.
Hmmm, I think I'll disagree there, 3 punches to the head from a decent fighter and I'm pretty sure most would be knocked out or bleeding a waterfall.

3. Let him get one good swing at you, and then feign dead. He'll probably get scared, or become off guard, and that's when you get him. This is a last resort, by the way. I tried that once... it doesn't work, in fact, you get the p*ss taking out of you for ages...

-Get suspended from school. - YAY!
-Get in serious trouble with your parents. - Um, I'm sure my parents wouldn't gimme into trouble for defending myself
-Get the crap beaten out of you. - Not gonna happen if he takes the advice in this thread about fighting
-Continue a world of pointless violence. - Well actually, if he kicks the bully's ass then he's mroe liekly to not bully others.
-Make yourself no better than the bully. - Who cares what everyone else thinks about that, you showed that bully who not to mess with.
-Get hated by the bully even more, and now his friends will be out to get you. - Solution: Get your friends QUOTE]

[QUOTE]you won, what makes you think he'll just leave you alone? The exact opposite, he will be out to GET REVENGE!
If you can whoop him once, why not again? Seriously, almost everyone I've fought with, no matter what their injuries, I usually become their friend :D

but fighting back is just like starting it... only because you agreed, at the moment you hit the other guy, that you will fight him. If you never hit him back, you're basically signaling to him that you do not want to fight, and a fight will simply not happen. The other guy will try to beat the living guts out of you, but if you don't hit back, you can tell an adminstrator what happened, other guy gets expelled, end of story.
Heh, getting expelled for a measly fight?? Also, I notice lots of you seem to fight in school, get your ass out at lunch time and do the damage where no one can interrupt.

At my school, there are no loop-holes. You hurt someone intentionally, you are considered fighting. You will be given no mercy. Administrators aren't going to investigate it... anyone who is using their brain would not fight back.

Heh, that's weird. I'd tell the admin guys or whatever to seek help on their justice.

I'm gonna get so pissed and beat the crap outta that kid and get suspended from school because I don't know how to react properly.
Most people push back... then the punches fly in. Even if you are of the compulsive agressision type then say they were gonna hit you or you throught that... always works.

Of course they'll come after you! And how are you so sure that his friends will be as easy to fight? Maybe you win against the bully, but now you gotta face his friends. And you know what the school will do after you get in fight after fight? Remove you from school - permanently.
Um.... don't fight in the school? It's none of their damned business then. Also, explain your story and I'm sure you aint gonna get expelled

if you still don't move they're really gonna start beating the crap out of you. That's what I, and i think Obi-13 mean.
Add me to that list.

but i am an extremely good fighter i'm tellin what you need to do is go straight for the nose. you mess his nose up his eyes will tear up and he won't be able to see
Yah, excellent tactic. Once you start though, don't stop or you let them back into the fight.

Yeah, he may have won the battle, but has he won the war? The war I'm refering to is the chain of snowballing problems that are the consequences of violence that TK-8252 stated (who throws the first punch matters not).
Hmmmm, here, when you fight (unless jumped) and get beat, you take it. No need for revenge, there are no rules when it comes to punching first - if they had the equal chance then it's their failt for not using their brain (I'm not saying throw the first punch, just that you can)

Yeah, he may have won the battle, but has he won the war? The war I'm refering to is the chain of snowballing problems that are the consequences of violence that TK-8252 stated (who throws the first punch matters not).

Basically, if your school has no fairness or equality, fight outside at lunch or after school. In the real world, running away or standing still and taking a beating doesn't usually work in your favour. Being a chicken is worse than being whooped.

Also, if outnumbered heavily go bezerkoid or run away.... that's ok.

MAJOR FIGHTING TIP: GO FOR NOSE AND NEVER STOP UNLESS YOU LOSE YOUR LIMBS ETC.

Also, for pain, a fast, strong whack that comes back quick (never slow) works wonders. Try not to swing as they can see it a mile away.
 TK-8252
02-13-2004, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
what you need to do is go straight for the nose. you mess his nose up his eyes will tear up and he won't be able to see. then you can wail on him real good. you just need people to take care of his lackeys. Yeah, then you get suspended from school and pretty much further on you're screwed.

Originally posted by ET Warrior
I say throw the first punch. Sure, you'll probably get in more trouble, but if you slam him in the nose before he's even thinking of swinging, you've pretty much already won the fight. You've saved yourself alot of physical pain, and you probably would've gotten in trouble anyways. Or how about this: DON'T FIGHT

Just ignoring it won't make it go away either. And if you get teachers invovled, odds are that's going to create a lot MORE resentment from the bully. The bully can't do much harm when he's suspended from school!

If the bully got beat around a little, there's a really good chance he'd try to find another target, one with less bite back. Absolutely not! If you fight him, and kick his ass, there will only be MORE reason for him to try to get revenge. THAT is how rivalries start.

And don't give me that ignorant bull. Michealmexp lives in a little place called the real world where there is NOT always an alternative to fighting. Face it. Humans are animals, and our instincts drive us sometimes. Some people can't be reasoned with, such as most bullies. There is a way: Go to the school and have him removed. Then you don't have to deal with it. OH!

I'm saying that if a jackass comes up wanting trouble, you give it to him. And he gives it right back. Then the school gives some more.

Even if you get beaten up, they'll know you'll fight back. Possibly, they might think twice about trying to gang up on you again. Exact opposite. If they know that you're gonna fight back, and they can win, they'll take every chance they have to start a fight. Just so they can beat the crap outta you, over,... and over,... and over...

When I was in Junior High, I was made fun of frequently, and I was a main target for the bullies. Everytime they came around, they would abuse me physically in some way. I had enough of their idiocy, so I fought back. Hard. Please tell us more! What happened? Suspended? Hospitalized?

After that day, I have never been in a physical confrontation. The bullies left me alone. Not altogether, of course, but they never tried anything to harm me again. There's the thing - they still were there. They still bugged you. Fighting does not get rid of them completely.

Someone said that inner strength comes from not fighting, when I know from experience that there is no such thing as inner strength. You have your wits and your arms, and thats it. There's no magical power you can use to simply sway your opponent from fighting. YOU can't "sway them away", but the school can.

Bottom line, if he does something to you, you retaliate with all you've got.

Give 'um Hell. And they give you hell right back. :roleyess:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7
also, buy some pepper spray, easy to use, very effective That's illegal to use at school, silly!

Originally posted by jokemaster
but if the other guy throws a punch, defend yourself. There's a better way to defend yourself: TELL THE SCHOOL!!

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
I have a question for all the people advocating peace in this thread. Have you ever, and I mean ever have had your life threatened, or suffered the abuse via others?

I have, and if you have seen the crap I have, you would realize that there is a time for words, and a time for fists to fly.

The fact is that the dregs of society (in this case the bullies of public education systems) decide to throw around their muscle and harass people has gone on long enough. Teachers and administrators rarely decide to act on hearsay, and instead wait on the fight to occur and be harsh on both parties.

At the same time, it seems self-defense is no longer a valid excuse. Even if you do know the other person threw the first punch, it doesn't matter. It's as though they expect you to take the beating.

So do you want 13 year old Johnny to die from a 6 man gangbang because he was hoping a teacher would break up a fight, and thus did not attack? Or that an administrator would see this crowd and break it up? Yeah, maybe in a perfect world it would happen.

So in essence, to your pacifistic notions, I say two words:

F*** it.

I happen to have a little policy that is known to my real life friends, "You violate my space with mal intent, and I'll beat you like a red headed stepchild."

Granted, I have training in military self-defense, bo staff, and dual sais, but even without this leverage, the policy would still apply.

It was my third week in college last semester when one night I had a drunken person on the same floor of the dorms as me start badmouthing. After trying the age old diplomatic solution, he grabbed my arm tightly. Needless to say, I choke held him and jacked him up against a wall. Just to shut him up real quick, I put a right cross to his face.

I knew the idiot would have pulled a move sooner or later, but instead decided to play the innocent victim when people filed out of their rooms. He only got the pity of two people (the two girls he was about to smoke pot with) while the rest of the people looked with eyes wide opened.

Lets take a look at the replay:

1.) Drunken idiot invaded personal space, after talking smack, with physical contact
2.) Diplomacy failed: People who think they are all high and mighty tend to need to be a wee bit stubborn, and thus need to be brought down off their high horse.

As far as do's and don'ts in fighting, remember: Anything goes. Break some bones. Feel free to nail someone in the twig and berries if the opportunity presents itself. Hell, yesterday I learned an extension off an overhead bo strike that goes right for the family jewels. Chivalry is dead, and last I checked there are very few practicioners of Bushido. Just don't kill the person, and try not to discombobulate the person. This isn't war.

And if you do decide to fight, be humble about it. Don't go off saying, "I beat soandso's ass." You garner more respect by keeping it to yourself, and not creating delusions of grandeur.

So, to recap:

1.) Try to talk it over, but don't rely on it to get you out of all situations.
2.) If you feel your personal space being invaded or threatened, have at it.
3.) Running from your problems is never, never, EVER a solution. Rad, man, we're not talking about drunken college guys. We're talking about 13 year old middle school kids!

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
MAJOR FIGHTING TIP: GO FOR NOSE AND NEVER STOP UNLESS YOU LOSE YOUR LIMBS ETC.

Also, for pain, a fast, strong whack that comes back quick (never slow) works wonders. Try not to swing as they can see it a mile away. Michael doesn't need anymore worthless fighting tips! He needs advice that will actually HELP HIM! NOT THAT WILL MAKE THE SITUATION WORSE!!

Anyone up for some actually good advice?
 TheHobGoblin
02-13-2004, 7:35 PM
Look I was taking crap all my life, then when I finally got really angry couldn't hold it. (I beat the guy to the ground) NOBODY wanted to mess with me. Now the kids like my friend, so are alot of people. Though Violence ins't a way to make friends, it can show that your not going to take crap from anyone. Most you'll get form the school is a slap on the rist

PS. Good one OBI (run for the hills)
 leXX
02-13-2004, 7:52 PM
Look, if someone starts any crap with you at school, you fight back, simple as that, if not you will be getting the crap beaten out of you for the rest of your life, and telling the teachers is just about the worse possible thing you can do. So what if you get detention or suspensed, or in trouble with your parents. Getting beaten up, embarrassed in front of everyone and a weak reputation at school is a lot worse.

Learn a martial art kids. Trust me.
 TheHobGoblin
02-13-2004, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Look, if someone starts any crap with you at school, you fight back, simple as that, if not you will be getting the crap beaten out of you for the rest of your life, and telling the teachers is just about the worse possible thing you can do. So what if you get detention or suspensed, or in trouble with your parents. Getting beaten up, embarrassed in front of everyone and a weak reputation at school is a lot worse.

Learn a martial art kids. Trust me. Yes take word from a mother.
 jokemaster
02-13-2004, 8:06 PM

Learn a martial art kids. Trust me.
The forum mom has spoken

BTW TK-8252, Gee, I just got punched in the face, I think I'll somehow get to a teacher whilst getting the crap beaten out of me.
 Rad Blackrose
02-13-2004, 8:25 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Yeah, then you get suspended from school and pretty much further on you're screwed.

Or how about this: DON'T FIGHT

The bully can't do much harm when he's suspended from school!

Absolutely not! If you fight him, and kick his ass, there will only be MORE reason for him to try to get revenge. THAT is how rivalries start.

There is a way: Go to the school and have him removed. Then you don't have to deal with it. OH!

And he gives it right back. Then the school gives some more.

Exact opposite. If they know that you're gonna fight back, and they can win, they'll take every chance they have to start a fight. Just so they can beat the crap outta you, over,... and over,... and over...

Please tell us more! What happened? Suspended? Hospitalized?

There's the thing - they still were there. They still bugged you. Fighting does not get rid of them completely.

YOU can't "sway them away", but the school can.

And they give you hell right back. :roleyess:

That's illegal to use at school, silly!

There's a better way to defend yourself: TELL THE SCHOOL!!

Rad, man, we're not talking about drunken college guys. We're talking about 13 year old middle school kids!

Michael doesn't need anymore worthless fighting tips! He needs advice that will actually HELP HIM! NOT THAT WILL MAKE THE SITUATION WORSE!!

Anyone up for some actually good advice?

What did I just get done saying?

Seriously, stop playing the pacifist card because it doesn't work like your mother and father tells you. No one is going to hold your hand and walk you through life. Chances are your teacher and/or administrator will tell you the same.

And as far as my story goes... drunken college guys, 13 year old middle schoolers... Not much of a difference. One of my best friend put an idiot through a plexiglass screen door in middle school because the person was stirring up crap. What's the similarity? Both were being assholes, and got what they deserved.

I'm ripping a word from George Carlin right here, right now: Your arguments are contributing to the pussification of the masses, which defies the grand order known as reality. Get out of your little fairy tale land and see the bigger picture.

You can bitch and whine about the consequences all you want until you're blue in the face, but what's better? Continual harassment because you fail to stand up for yourself and what you believe in, or getting bitched out by an administrator and sent to detention for a one time deal. Sounds like the latter is the lesser of two evils.

The fact that Administrators are blind to this crap and fail to see the evidence before an incident occurs does NOT help. That's when you take things into your own hands.

So like I said, take your fairy tale pacification and show it to those who are still wearing blinders shutting out reality.
 TK-8252
02-13-2004, 9:26 PM

Learn a martial art kids. Trust me. If you get beat up at school, it's not an embarrassment. You know who's really being embarrassed? The guy who beats up the kid who is standing there taking it. It doesn't take much to beat up a kid who will not retaliate. And, no, telling a teacher or administrator what is going on is the best thing to do. It's the way that you deal with a problem, and remain within the rules. Plus, fighting does not take care of the problem. Does fighting make that person just go away forever? No, you still have to deal with that person. When you get help from the school, you're likely to be safe from that person.

Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
Yes take word from a mother.I can listen to my own mother. She has raised my older brother before me, and neither of us have ever been in a fight. And my brother went to middle and high school while my family was still living in southern California, a city outside of L.A., can't get much rougher.

BTW TK-8252, Gee, I just got punched in the face, I think I'll somehow get to a teacher whilst getting the crap beaten out of me. There's the thing - people's arms are only so long. If you stay away from the person until you can get help from the school, they can't hurt you.

Seriously, stop playing the pacifist card because it doesn't work like your mother and father tells you.

I can listen to my own mother. She has raised my older brother before me, and neither of us have ever been in a fight. And my brother went to middle and high school while my family was still living in southern California, a city outside of L.A., can't get much rougher.

Continual harassment because you fail to stand up for yourself and what you believe in, or getting bitched out by an administrator and sent to detention for a one time deal. Standing up for yourself - getting the school to help you. That's a far more effective defense. Because just if you stand up and kick the kid's ass, why will he go away? He'll only go away if the school takes him away. And no, getting yelled at by an administrator is not what will happen. That's what happens when you talk in class. Fighting leads to immediate suspension, no matter what the situation. Suspension goes down on your permanent record.
 Agen_Terminator
02-13-2004, 9:39 PM
Yeah, then you get suspended from school and pretty much further on you're screwed.
Look, who the hell cares? Another story to tell the grandchildren :rolleyes:

The bully can't do much harm when he's suspended from school!
He can when he's back!

Absolutely not! If you fight him, and kick his ass, there will only be MORE reason for him to try to get revenge. THAT is how rivalries start.
Nope, that's normal folk, most bullies move onto someone weaker :p

There is a way: Go to the school and have him removed. Then you don't have to deal with it. OH!
Yeah, all my teachers get people expelled because I said they're bad :rolleyes:

And he gives it right back. Then the school gives some more.
No, you kick his ass and he'll go screw himself somewhere else and anyway, if he repeated it, the school would come in and then get rid of the diddeh.

Exact opposite. If they know that you're gonna fight back, and they can win, they'll take every chance they have to start a fight. Just so they can beat the crap outta you, over,... and over,... and over...
Um... go take up boxing, quick and easy to learn and effective... there's also the option of getting him to fight you in public (ye know, provoking him) and then he gets in trouble if you're just a p*ss poor fighter. That's the last option though. Usually bullies move on. :p

Please tell us more! What happened? Suspended? Hospitalized?
No, probably 10x happier :)

There's the thing - they still were there. They still bugged you. Fighting does not get rid of them completely.
I'd rather have the odd snydy remark than get everyone laughing their asses off at you and being classed a wimp for your life. It's a bit worse than the odd snydy remark, eh?

YOU can't "sway them away", but the school can.
Swayed but ridiculed, great idea :rolleyes:

And they give you hell right back.
Have you ever been in a bully situation? "Oh yes, I done this and everything worked out perfect and you all believe me!"

That's illegal to use at school, silly!
The Law's not perfect. Did you know it is illegal to slurp soup in New Jersey?

There's a better way to defend yourself: TELL THE SCHOOL!!
No mental defence.

Michael doesn't need anymore worthless fighting tips! He needs advice that will actually HELP HIM! NOT THAT WILL MAKE THE SITUATION WORSE!!
MMMmmmmm, I'm sure it's more useful than telling everyone to cry at the school. From experience, kicking ass in a fight puts your rep way up - you get hardly any physical [ain and you're don't have the mick taken!
You can tell straight away that Mich aint gonna grass up, yours is far more pointless imo.

Now the kids like my friend, so are alot of people.
Heh, I've made ltos of friends through fights.

Spot on!
 TK-8252
02-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Look, who the hell cares? Another story to tell the grandchildren :rolleyes: I think that if your parents actually cared about you, they would care if you got suspended. Suspension goes down on your permanent record. I don't think that Michael wants any of that.

He can when he's back! It's called expullsion. They don't come back after that.

Yeah, all my teachers get people expelled because I said they're bad :rolleyes: You'd be suprised!

No, you kick his ass and he'll go screw himself somewhere else and anyway, if he repeated it, the school would come in and then get rid of the diddeh. We're talking about Michael here. How do you know that he even has the ability to fight at all? I'll tell you this - bullies know how to fight.

Um... go take up boxing Or you could do something productive.

No, probably 10x happier :) He's happy because he got suspended from school and/or got the crap beaten out of him?

I'd rather have the odd snydy remark than get everyone laughing their asses off at you and being classed a wimp for your life. It's a bit worse than the odd snydy remark, eh? You're not a wimp if you refuse to fight a bully. You know how you're considered a wimp? If you start a fight, and THEN chicken out.

Have you ever been in a bully situation? "Oh yes, I done this and everything worked out perfect and you all believe me!" Yup.

The Law's not perfect. Did you know it is illegal to slurp soup in New Jersey? Okay, so the police go around into restaurants and arrest people if they slurp their soup? And get a search warrant to get into someone's house for suspected slurping of soup?

MMMmmmmm, I'm sure it's more useful than telling everyone to cry at the school. From experience, kicking ass in a fight puts your rep way up - you get hardly any physical [ain and you're don't have the mick taken!
You can tell straight away that Mich aint gonna grass up, yours is far more pointless imo. Michael doesn't need to fight some kid to get a reputation. Michael's a good kid, I don't think that beating someone up and then being suspended would give him much satisfaction.

Heh, I've made ltos of friends through fights. You have some weird friends.

Spot on! Spot off!
 jokemaster
02-13-2004, 10:42 PM
^Do you actually know Micheal personally? Cause you're talking as if you do.
 Agen_Terminator
02-13-2004, 10:49 PM
I think that if your parents actually cared about you, they would care if you got suspended. Suspension goes down on your permanent record. I don't think that Michael wants any of that.
Um, good people are suspended all the time. It's not unusual.

It's called expullsion. They don't come back after that. Read what I quoted, you said suspension. :rolleyes:

You'd be suprised!
I wouldn't

We're talking about Michael here. How do you know that he even has the ability to fight at all? I'll tell you this - bullies know how to fight.
He asked for tips on fighting So has anyone got any fight tips? I'm going to eat lots of fruit and get plenty of sleep, and jog
in the morning as well. >.>

Good thinking can overcome pure brawn.

Or you could do something productive.
Ok, don't take up any self defence and get the crap beaten out of you for the rest of your life.

happy because he got suspended from school and/or got the crap beaten out of him?
It only seems to be your school who does this lol.

You're not a wimp if you refuse to fight a bully. You know how you're considered a wimp? If you start a fight, and THEN chicken out.
Even if you're not you're looked on as a wimp. End of story.

Okay, so the police go around into restaurants and arrest people if they slurp their soup? And get a search warrant to get into someone's house for suspected slurping of soup?
Do the police come into 87% of people's houses to look for illegal things? Nup :p

Michael doesn't need to fight some kid to get a reputation. Michael's a good kid, I don't think that beating someone up and then being suspended would give him much satisfaction.
Who says he's getting suspended? Self defence.

You have some weird friends.
I am gonna start assuming you have none the way you are going on. :rolleyes:

Spot off!
Nup

If you get beat up at school, it's not an embarrassment. You know who's really being embarrassed? The guy who beats up the kid who is standing there taking it. It doesn't take much to beat up a kid who will not retaliate. And, no, telling a teacher or administrator what is going on is the best thing to do. It's the way that you deal with a problem, and remain within the rules. Plus, fighting does not take care of the problem. Does fighting make that person just go away forever? No, you still have to deal with that person. When you get help from the school, you're likely to be safe from that person.
There's a huge world outside school.

I can listen to my own mother. She has raised my older brother before me, and neither of us have ever been in a fight. And my brother went to middle and high school while my family was still living in southern California, a city outside of L.A., can't get much rougher.
Most people here seem to not be on your mother's side :p

There's the thing - people's arms are only so long. If you stay away from the person until you can get help from the school, they can't hurt you.
Yes they can, an older friend of mine was stabbed by someone, who went to the school at the same time he had years earlier, he grassed and got him suspended loads of times while he was in school ( about fighting among lots of other things). Great. (The guy served a mere 6 months for this!)

Fighting leads to immediate suspension, no matter what the situation. Suspension goes down on your permanent record.
Definately not in the UK. Things are sorted and we're not dumbasses, we fight after school and outside.

You can bitch and whine about the consequences all you want until you're blue in the face, but what's better? Continual harassment because you fail to stand up for yourself and what you believe in, or getting bitched out by an administrator and sent to detention for a one time deal. Sounds like the latter is the lesser of two evils.
Go you! :D
 ZBomber
02-13-2004, 10:55 PM
TK - Your damn welcome for that information! :thumsup: right back at ya, big boy! :xp:
 TK-8252
02-13-2004, 11:29 PM
^Do you actually know Micheal personally? Cause you're talking as if you do. I know him very well, actually. That is why I want him to make the right choice.

Um, good people are suspended all the time. It's not unusual. No one at my school has got suspended unfairly.

Read what I quoted, you said suspension. :rolleyes: What's your point?

I wouldn't Yes you would.

He asked for tips on fighting Well we can give him better advice than that.

Ok, don't take up any self defence and get the crap beaten out of you for the rest of your life. OR you could do the right thing, and seek help from the people who are MEANT to defend you. And later in life, 9-11 can be your best friend.

It only seems to be your school who does this lol. Read the thread again, you have missed a lot.

Even if you're not you're looked on as a wimp. End of story. Well the story is getting longer.

Who says he's getting suspended? Self defence. What are the chances that the administrators are going to take the time to investigate the fight and see who attacked who? They don't do that, if you're fighting, you're breaking school policy. Self-defense or not.

I am gonna start assuming you have none the way you are going on. :rolleyes: Don't assume things which you have no knowledge of. I have 38 friends on MSN alone, this is only a small portion of my friends.

Most people here seem to not be on your mother's side :p Read the thread again, you have missed a lot.

Yes they can, an older friend of mine was stabbed by someone, who went to the school at the same time he had years earlier, he grassed and got him suspended loads of times while he was in school ( about fighting among lots of other things). Great. (The guy served a mere 6 months for this!) Stabbed at school? We're talking about petty bullies here, not soon-to-be murderers.

Originally posted by ZBomber
TK - Your damn welcome for that information! :thumsup: right back at ya, big boy! :xp: :explode:
 Agen_Terminator
02-13-2004, 11:54 PM
I know him very well, actually. That is why I want him to make the right choice.
He can fight his own battles I'm sure.

No one at my school has got suspended unfairly.

"What are the chances that the administrators are going to take the time to investigate the fight and see who attacked who? They don't do that, if you're fighting, you're breaking school policy. Self-defense or not."
Oooh, contradictions.

What's your point?
We were talking about suspension and then you blurted out expulsion.

Yes you would.
:rolleyes:

Well we can give him better advice than that.
You think you can. He has to get this over with. Anyone can become a good fighter and solve certain troubles that way. He's tried everything else and telling teachers doesn't work... he said it :p

OR you could do the right thing, and seek help from the people who are MEANT to defend you. And later in life, 9-11 can be your best friend.
Although they won't according to Mike.
911 or 999 aren't psychic, if you're attacked - you're attacked and can't defend. Bit daft imo.

Read the thread again, you have missed a lot.
Re-read, nothing missed. Quote it. :rolleyes:

Well the story is getting longer.
Factual-getting-longer-story.

Don't assume things which you have no knowledge of. I have 38 friends on MSN alone, this is only a small portion of my friends.
This is incredibly petty but I have waaaaaaay over 500 MSN contacts not to mention over 100 icq contacts.
About 70+ are my real life buds. I know about the 300 limit, I have Trillian Pro .

Stabbed at school? We're talking about petty bullies here, not soon-to-be murderers.
No, the boy was a bully at school but my friend got him suspended many times. They're older and out of school, friend got stabbed. That's simpler for ya. :p
 leXX
02-13-2004, 11:54 PM
If you get beat up at school, it's not an embarrassment.

Yes, it is, it always will be and always has been.

You know who's really being embarrassed? The guy who beats up the kid who is standing there taking it. It doesn't take much to beat up a kid who will not retaliate.

He's not being embarrassed. He's looking hard in front of everyone, giving himself a reputation not to be messed with.

And, no, telling a teacher or administrator what is going on is the best thing to do. It's the way that you deal with a problem, and remain within the rules.

No, that's how people get labled a grass and who likes a grass? Noone.

Plus, fighting does not take care of the problem. Does fighting make that person just go away forever? No, you still have to deal with that person.

Yes, it does make them go away. Give them a good beating and they won't be so quick to mess with you again.

When you get help from the school, you're likely to be safe from that person.

What will the school do, slap his wrists and tell him not to be a naughty boy and a bully? It doesn't work like that, wake up. After his little telling off, he will just keep doing it again and again and again. He will remain a bully until someone teaches him a lesson.

Look, I don't condone fighting, but I sure as hell condone self defense. I never started fights at school but if someone started on me, I finished it. I am teaching my kids the same attitude aswell.

Running from a fight is weak.

You show weakness at school and people are more than willing to take advantage of it and make your life hell.
 Elijah
02-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Go straight for the JAW, get him to the ground, and dont stop hammering.

If hes bigger then you, and theres more then 1, kick him in the nuts, screw honor, you fight to win.
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 12:56 AM
He can fight his own battles I'm sure. Then why did he create this thread? For help.

Oooh, contradictions. You fight, you're guilty. That was my point.

We were talking about suspension and then you blurted out expulsion. So... what's your point?

:rolleyes: Come on, use some verbs, and nouns...

You think you can. He has to get this over with. Anyone can become a good fighter and solve certain troubles that way. He's tried everything else and telling teachers doesn't work... he said it :p Fighting doesn't solve your troubles. That's like saying smoking weed solves your problems. I really don't think that if Michael and his parents raised hell with the school that they'd just ignore it.

Although they won't according to Mike. Oh they will, even if it takes his parents to call the school.

Re-read, nothing missed. Quote it. :rolleyes: I have better things to do. Read it again.

This is incredibly petty but I have waaaaaaay over 500 MSN contacts not to mention over 100 icq contacts.
About 70+ are my real life buds. I know about the 300 limit, I have Trillian Pro . http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive4.jpg)

No, the boy was a bully at school but my friend got him suspended many times. They're older and out of school, friend got stabbed. That's simpler for ya. :p Yes, I'm so confused, please help me...

Yes, it is, it always will be and always has been. I hope you read farther than that first sentence. It's really not much of an embarassment if you're walking down a hallway and all of a sudden some kid knocks you out with a fist blow. I mean... you didn't call that kid out and then chicken out.

He's not being embarrassed. He's looking hard in front of everyone, giving himself a reputation not to be messed with. Michael did not mess with him! The bully just picks some random kid and beats him up? Not a good reputation.

No, that's how people get labled a grass and who likes a grass? Noone. The school does, because they're taking care of their problems correctly, rather than resorting to breaking school policy.

Yes, it does make them go away. Give them a good beating and they won't be so quick to mess with you again. Not from what I've seen. Beating a bully up only makes them want to get even.

What will the school do, slap his wrists and tell him not to be a naughty boy and a bully? It doesn't work like that, wake up. After his little telling off, he will just keep doing it again and again and again. He will remain a bully until someone teaches him a lesson. No, they can expell the bully, and he doesn't come back.

I am teaching my kids the same attitude aswell. Don't be suprised when you get a phone call in the middle of the day, the principal informing you that your child has been suspended.

Running from a fight is weak No, it's the smart thing to do. People who fight are going by their caveman instincts. They don't know the proper way to react.

You show weakness at school and people are more than willing to take advantage of it and make your life hell. Refusing to fight a bully is not weakness. It's showing that you're not stupid. And if more people bully you, nothing stopping you from telling the school again!

Originally posted by ZDawg
Go straight for the JAW, get him to the ground, and dont stop hammering.

If hes bigger then you, and theres more then 1, kick him in the nuts, screw honor, you fight to win. Or try this: DON'T FIGHT. DON'T BE STUPID.
 jokemaster
02-14-2004, 1:17 AM
^Why do I think you're one of those persons who always follow the rules, no matter if you don't agree with them, or if they're just plain wrong.
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 1:53 AM
^Why do I think you're one of those persons who always follow the rules, no matter if you don't agree with them, or if they're just plain wrong. Because I am. Rules are set for a reason. I, proudly say, that in my entire school career, I have never been disciplined for behavior reasons. The only time I ever got a detention was for forgetting to get my report card signed.
 jokemaster
02-14-2004, 2:24 AM
and that's why you don't understand what teachers do in certain situations when rules are broken. here endeth the lesson. :p
 obi
02-14-2004, 2:33 AM
You want to know more about my fighting story, eh TK? Very well, pull up a chair, and Grandpa Obi will tell you. Almost exact detail, the best I can remember it.

I was walking to the math portable, and the same people that did the same crap every day pushed my books into the mud. It had been raining, you see. Anyway...

I said "Stop it, you do this everyday. It's starting to piss me off."

"Oh I'm scared!" The bully said, as his toadies laughed, and then he pushed me, asking me what I was going to do about it.

It was that time I punched him right in the face. It was the best feeling I have ever had. The guy held his hand up to his face, and stared at me, scared to death. Well, that little wuss told the principal on me. I went to his office to explain the story.

Suspension? No. Hospitalization? Not even close.

The principal knew I was the victim in this case, and didn't punish me at all. Those very smart people who created all of these instances were given lengthy amounts of suspension. The principal even told me "Off the record, Good job."

From that point on, I took crap from nobody.

Not all fights lead to suspension. Not all lead to immidiate hospitalization and WW III. Not everything revolves around one person or their actions. Look out for yourself, damnit. Don't be someone's punching bag.

I still say give 'um Hell if they ask for it. It'll do you a lot better in the long run, and you'll feel better for standing up for yourself.
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 2:45 AM
You forgot one thing, you crazy old coot. What grade was this?! That makes a big difference.

and that's why you don't understand what teachers do in certain situations when rules are broken. here endeth the lesson. :p And you do? Administrating the JK3Files gaming server (see my sig) gives me a sense of responsibility and rule enforcement. Now, this may not be the best example, but hear me out:

Yadda, yadda, we don't allow laming. Now, some people choose to lame back when they are lamed. We don't allow that! This is about the same as people fighting back when they are bullied. But instead of that, it makes my job as an administrator much easier when people report lamers via /amsay and let themselves get killed. When people lame lamers, BOTH people are kicked. No matter how noble it may seem.
 obi
02-14-2004, 2:48 AM
Oh, this was years ago. Way back in the eigth grade. I believe it was the eigth, but I could be wrong. It was middle school era though.

Some of those toadies are actually friends of mine now, heh. The bully, I have no clue where he went to.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 3:11 AM
Yeah...that's the thing to do, have mommy and daddy call the school and tell them about the big bad bullies that are pickin on their sweetum...awwwwww.

First of all, word'll get around that your parents had to fight your battle for you. That right there sets the tone for the REST OF HIS SCHOOL LIFE. Kids are MEAN, they will use ANYTHING you give them to make your life hell. Sure, one bully has been temporarily averted by calling the school, but you just became the prime target of 10 other bullies.

And what happens in college? Mommy and Daddy aren't there. The campus police have a lot more important things to do than deal with some guy who wants to start crap with you.

I've been in one fight in my life. I was in KINDERGARTEN. I was getting picked on every day by a group of three kids. Everyday at recess they'd tease me, chase me, push me over. I talked to the teacher, she yelled at them, but nothing changed. So my parents told me to stand up for myself.

Next day, they came up to me, and I charged the bully and knocked him to the ground, and I sat on his chest and hit him right in the face. I had to stand next to the wall during recess as punishment, and I've NEVER had another fight or even almost fight in my life, and those kids NEVER picked on me ever again. You've never broken the rules or been in a fight, so you dont know ANYTHING about how people react to it. You know nothing about how bullies respond to a fight, so your arguments have no basis.

I think that if your parents actually cared about you, they would care if you got suspended. Suspension goes down on your permanent record. I don't think that Michael wants any of that.

I think if your parents care about you they'll want you to stand up for yourself and don't make other people fight your battles for you. And, please, come on. Your permanent record..oooooo. I can see it now, 10 years down the road Mike's at a job interview. "well sir, your application is very impressive, and you'd be perfect for the job, but, we called your middle school and it appears you got suspended once for fighting. We can't have that kind of scandal associated with our company, so you don't get the job."
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 3:40 AM
Yeah, uh... my parents actually took the time to raise me RIGHT.

And some of my friends at school were severly bullied. I can tell from observation what can happen. I was a victim of minor bullying, but had I retaliated, I'd have really made a bad choice. Instead, I just shrug it off. I know that their life is really screwed up, it must really suck to be them.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 3:46 AM

How about you go tell my parents how badly they screwed up on their son. It's not like he's a college student who graduated with a 3.996 GPA with a strong work ethic, doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs. But yeah. They totally messed up raising me. Because I know how to look after myself and don't need other people to save me from all of lifes problems.
 Crow_Nest
02-14-2004, 4:07 AM
Stay out of sight from him, when you see him coming quickly run away. :p

Or just fight back...
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 4:24 AM
How about you go tell my parents how badly they screwed up on their son. It's not like he's a college student who graduated with a 3.996 GPA with a strong work ethic, doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs. But yeah. They totally messed up raising me. Because I know how to look after myself and don't need other people to save me from all of lifes problems. Well you have failed to learn one thing - fighting does not solve life's problems.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 4:32 AM
Well you have failed to learn one thing - fighting does not solve life's problems.

Hmmm, I fought once, stopped getting picked on, never got picked on again, went through school, didn't get rejected from college because of my fight in kindergarten...I'm not really sure how standing up for myself didn't solve my problem.

I'm not sure if you understand, we aren't telling him to walk around looking to beat the crap out of anyone who looks at him wrong. THAT won't solve anything. But standing up for yourself and not acting like a six year old girl when things start looking bad WILL solve things.
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 4:38 AM
I had to stand next to the wall during recess as punishment Try solving problems WITHOUT getting punished doing so. If you got in trouble for taking care of a problem "your way", maybe that means it's not the proper way to deal with the situation.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 4:47 AM
Are you KIDDING?

I was 5 years old, I had to stand next to the wall for 30 minutes. HOLY CRAP. Life altering event right there let me tell all of you. It didn't matter by a week later. All that mattered was I'd earned enough respect for those guys to stop bullying me.

If I'd done it in high school and gotten suspended, it wouldn't matter by now. Nobody would care. If the subject ever came up, it would go something like this "So'd you ever get in a fight in high school?" "Yeah, this one guy kept gettin in my face and bein a real jerk, so I knocked him down and hit the piss out of him" "Way to stand up for yourself"

I REALLY hope you never have to deal with the Real world TK-4463545, because I dont know what you're going to do.

edit---and, just because i'm curious, let's say they pass a law requiring you to wear shorts at all times, no matter the weather. And it's really cold and snowing out. Are you going to wear shorts? Or are you going to be smart and wear some pants so you don't get frostbite?
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 5:12 AM
Are you KIDDING? No.

I was 5 years old, I had to stand next to the wall for 30 minutes. HOLY CRAP. Life altering event right there let me tell all of you. It didn't matter by a week later. All that mattered was I'd earned enough respect for those guys to stop bullying me. Just because you beat up one little twirp you go around telling people to break the rules, beat people up, continue the tradition of caveman violence!

"Way to stand up for yourself" "Way to get yourself suspended." "Way to get yourself grounded for a month." "Way to continue immature violence."

Do two wrongs make a right?

I REALLY hope you never have to deal with the Real world TK-4463545, because I dont know what you're going to do. Are you having trouble counting? And BTW, school IS the real world. I'm in the real world right now, and I'm doing fine.

edit---and, just because i'm curious, let's say they pass a law requiring you to wear shorts at all times, no matter the weather. And it's really cold and snowing out. Are you going to wear shorts? Or are you going to be smart and wear some pants so you don't get frostbite? You can always move.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 5:45 AM
And BTW, school IS the real world. I'm in the real world right now, and I'm doing fine.

No. It isn't. School is the sheltered world where the adults all look out for you and you can pretend that what happens outside doesn't really affect you. College isn't even the real world, though it's a lot closer to it. Don't be naive.

Fine, you can move. How about if a law is passed worldwide requiring you to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day in order to stimulate the economy. You gonna take up smoking and give yourself emphysema?
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 6:29 AM
No. It isn't. School is the sheltered world where the adults all look out for you and you can pretend that what happens outside doesn't really affect you. College isn't even the real world, though it's a lot closer to it. Don't be naive. Education is a very important part of a person's life. If you do not get a good education you can't do much when you get into the so-called "real world". Right now, my real world is school. There are many different ways you can look at something.

Fine, you can move. How about if a law is passed worldwide requiring you to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day in order to stimulate the economy. You gonna take up smoking and give yourself emphysema? How do you suggest that you get every single nation on this earth to be in agreement with a law? There are limits to "what if" questions.
 Kain
02-14-2004, 6:59 AM
It comes to down to the school one would assume. In my old school, if you didn't fight, you got beaten more and more and more, simple as that. If you put the guy down, and you had enough sense to end it, you never said anything to each other again. Of course, my school is ghet-to, flat out. Your lucky if you get a one-on-one at that damned school. My last fight was my last fight, flat out. Why? Because I made enough of an impression to make people think I was homicidal if was pushed enough. How? Dirty fighting, like I was tellin Micheal(except the banjo, that was just for humor). Thats all you gotta do(one would think its universal). Slam heads into lockers, throw spines against corners, throw chairs, slam face first into the floor, slam face into the protruding lock part of the locker, and when hes barely fighting anymore, duck his punch and put him in some kind of hold until someone gets there(very hard at my school, given the crowds that fighting creates). Never worry about it again.
 Alegis
02-14-2004, 7:00 AM
I imagine this forum fight to be greater than michealmeexp's real life fight
 leXX
02-14-2004, 9:29 AM
I hope you read farther than that first sentence. It's really not much of an embarassment if you're walking down a hallway and all of a sudden some kid knocks you out with a fist blow. I mean... you didn't call that kid out and then chicken out.

It's not an embarassment to get hit in the face and not fight back? Somehow, I think it is.

Michael did not mess with him! The bully just picks some random kid and beats him up? Not a good reputation.

This bully just beats up random kids why? Because noone has ever taught him a lesson or stood up to him. He doesn't give a crap if he gets into trouble with the school or his parents. He needs a taste of his own medicine. That way he'll think again before picking on someone.

The school does, because they're taking care of their problems correctly, rather than resorting to breaking school policy.

So after you've told the teachers and they have told the boy off, suspended him or even expelled him, what do you think his next move will be? He will just keep beating you up, inside or outside of school.

Not from what I've seen. Beating a bully up only makes them want to get even.

No, in the majority of cases it will put a stop to it and the bully will either think twice or pick on someone else.

No, they can expell the bully, and he doesn't come back.

He will be waiting for you after school. Watch your back.

Don't be suprised when you get a phone call in the middle of the day, the principal informing you that your child has been suspended.

Why would she get suspended for defending herself? It's perfectly within her rights and within the rules of the school.

No, it's the smart thing to do. People who fight are going by their caveman instincts. They don't know the proper way to react.

The proper and normal way to react is to defend yourself. You cannot rely on everyone else to fight your battles for you.

Refusing to fight a bully is not weakness. It's showing that you're not stupid. And if more people bully you, nothing stopping you from telling the school again!

Get beaten up, tell the school, get beaten up, tell the school, rinse and repeat. Such a nice way to live your life, being a punching bag for every bully in school.

Don't you dare tell anyone that their parents bought up their kids wrong by telling them to defend themselves. There is no law against self defense.
 |GG|Carl
02-14-2004, 9:44 AM
I'd do this:

1. Try to ignore him/them.

2. Start taking kung-fu lessons.

3. Punch him you-know-where when he doesn't expect it, and run!
 Astrotoy7
02-14-2004, 10:03 AM
...I have, and if you have seen the crap I have, you would realize that there is a time for words, and a time for fists to fly.

....for a minute there I though I was trapped in a vortex of a JA MP flamebaiting thread...... hello Rad, nice to see you in the swamp... :)

...6 man gangbang.... I dont like the sounds of that, and youre probably scaring little Mike..... :p

MTFBWYA
 Mex
02-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Hmm, no fight has happened yet and it's half term so no worrying about it for a week.

So far I've made up some tactics for when he next tries to bug me.

~ Try to punch him straight in the nose.
~ Try to get him onto the floor.
~ Try to keep him on the floor, so he can't retailiate.[sp? O.o]
~ Then erm, walk off....

So is that correct?

Fighting doesn't solve your troubles. That's like saying smoking weed solves your problems. I really don't think that if Michael and his parents raised hell with the school that they'd just ignore it.

My school does ignore it. I've made tons of phone calls trying to speak to the school about problems. The next day they act like I never spoke to them.
 jokemaster
02-14-2004, 12:01 PM
They had school when you were young granpa obi?:p

TK: First: Defending yourself isn't resorting to caveman instincts, it's relying on your preservation instincts. Second: Oh, so my parents compleetely ignored me because they told me not to take **** all my life? Third: you know, when you get out of school, you're really gonna suffer.
 Reborn Outcast
02-14-2004, 2:05 PM
Actually I can see where TK is coming from BUT there are a few things I disagree about...

I have been bullied on occasion. Not much, but a few times. I just shrug it and walk off, and they don't care and it hasn't happened in about a year. Now, I know that that may be not normal it terms of bullying, but, IF HE THROWS THE FIRST PUNCH THE LAW IS ON YOUR SIDE. It's called self-defense. So, don't throw the first punch, because from the way your school is acting when you call them, they won't care if he's been bullying you for a long time so that's why you hit him first. It'll be suspension/expulsion. But, if he throws the first one, the law is on your side to defend yourself. If you can, let him throw it and try to dodge it or at least me a little... Even if he misses you completely because you dodged, hitting him back is still self-defense.

So TK, you're telling him to just let himself be their human punching bag if they corner him somewhere?
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 2:43 PM
Mike, DON'T listen to the people who tell you to let him throw the first punch. SCREW getting in trouble, one punch isn't going to get you expelled unless you're going to some strict private catholic school (and probably not even then)

YOU throw the first punch. End that fight before it starts, if he comes up and pushes you throw a quick jab into his nose. Then when he pulls back in surprise throw another jab into his solar plexus (area right below the ribs) This'll probably bend him over, and if you want to finish it grab the back of his head, pull down as your knee comes up right into his face. Then odds are you can just push him over and walk away.

How do you suggest that you get every single nation on this earth to be in agreement with a law? There are limits to "what if" questions.

Fine, it's an American law, but you don't have enough money for a ticket out of the US, nor do you have a car. What're you gonna do?

Education is a very important part of a person's life. If you do not get a good education you can't do much when you get into the so-called "real world". Right now, my real world is school. There are many different ways you can look at something.

I didn't say I worry for when you get into YOUR real world. I said i'm worried about what happens when you have to deal with THE real world. You know, the one where you DONT have people looking out for you and mommy and daddy aren't there, and the police aren't really going to give a damn if you call them and say some guys been pushing you around and might beat you up.
 TK-8252
02-14-2004, 5:17 PM
It's not an embarassment to get hit in the face and not fight back? Somehow, I think it is. Most of the time when people fight at my school, they're embarassing themselves more than if they'd just left it alone. Middle school fights look and are pathetic.

This bully just beats up random kids why? Because noone has ever taught him a lesson or stood up to him. He doesn't give a crap if he gets into trouble with the school or his parents. He needs a taste of his own medicine. That way he'll think again before picking on someone. If someone just beats up random kids, he doesn't belong in school. Beating him up will only make him angry. See, most of the time, bullies don't know what exactly their goal is. They don't know when to stop.

So after you've told the teachers and they have told the boy off, suspended him or even expelled him, what do you think his next move will be? He will just keep beating you up, inside or outside of school. How is he going to beat you up inside school? He's long gone. And why would you make plans to meet up with the bully outside of school so that he can beat you up? Unless he lives in your neighboorhood or something, he can't really hunt you down.

No, in the majority of cases it will put a stop to it and the bully will either think twice or pick on someone else. Not from what I've seen.

He will be waiting for you after school. Watch your back. Then don't meet him.

Why would she get suspended for defending herself? It's perfectly within her rights and within the rules of the school. People have been suspended from my school for self-defense. Administrators will not take the time to find out who threw the first punch.

The proper and normal way to react is to defend yourself. You cannot rely on everyone else to fight your battles for you. No, because fighting isn't allowed. Self-defense is accepting the fight and joining in.

Get beaten up, tell the school, get beaten up, tell the school, rinse and repeat. Such a nice way to live your life, being a punching bag for every bully in school. Every bully, after seeing that every bully before them was suspended and/or expelled is going to beat you up, despite them knowing their future?

Don't you dare tell anyone that their parents bought up their kids wrong by telling them to defend themselves. There is no law against self defense. Then why was someone from my school suspended for self-defense? My parents tell me to follow school rules, it's nice having a clean record. And I've never been in a fight. That has to tell you something about how my procedure works.

Originally posted by Michaelmexp
My school does ignore it. I've made tons of phone calls trying to speak to the school about problems. The next day they act like I never spoke to them. Then have your parents set up a meeting with the principal. If they still don't listen you could practically press charges.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
IF HE THROWS THE FIRST PUNCH THE LAW IS ON YOUR SIDE. It's called self-defense. So, don't throw the first punch, because from the way your school is acting when you call them, they won't care if he's been bullying you for a long time so that's why you hit him first. It'll be suspension/expulsion. But, if he throws the first one, the law is on your side to defend yourself. If you can, let him throw it and try to dodge it or at least me a little... Even if he misses you completely because you dodged, hitting him back is still self-defense.

So TK, you're telling him to just let himself be their human punching bag if they corner him somewhere? No, the rules of the school clearly state No fighting. What is self-defense? Accepting the bully's invitation to a fight. I've seen so many kids suspended for self-defense. They thought they were being noble standing up to a bully, instead they got themselves suspended for a stupid mistake. And you can't be their "human punching bag" if you don't let yourself be one. First, don't let the bully(s) find you. Second, if they do find you, you don't let them trap you. Last, if you are trapped, push them away and run! Pushing is not fighting.

SCREW getting in trouble Michael doesn't want to be in trouble, I don't think. He's a good kid.

Fine, it's an American law, but you don't have enough money for a ticket out of the US, nor do you have a car. What're you gonna do? Most likely there will be thousands, if not millions of protestors in the country. The law wouldn't last long.

You know, the one where you DONT have people looking out for you and mommy and daddy aren't there, and the police aren't really going to give a damn if you call them and say some guys been pushing you around and might beat you up. Who the hell is going to beat you up after you finish school?!
 El Sitherino
02-14-2004, 6:02 PM
don't let them find you? so what I'm just supposed to not go to school? I wouldn't want to be on the run the whole time at school, I'd prefer to punch the asshole right in the face so he'd leave me alone. And self-defense is not accepting a fight, it's called ending the fight. You're school is extremely foolish to not investigate fights when that is part of nation wide procedure, therefore they are breaking the law. Schools are supposed to investigate all fights and find out who threw the first punch and why it occured.
Page: 3 of 4