Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's New?

Page: 1 of 4
 razorace
11-27-2003, 8:50 PM
Ok, this is a thread for listing what you're currently working (or at going to handle soon) for OJP. This is NOT a thread for brainstorming.
 razorace
11-27-2003, 8:54 PM
Since the SDK just came out, I'm currently lightly scanning thru things and figuring them out. I've already determined how the saber collisions have been improved.

Basically, the old saber entity is still in play. Whenever a "attacking" saber scan hits a saber entity, the game dynamically creates a more specific hitbox (manually) and checks to see if they collide.

I have dibs on doing the improved saber system for Enhanced. :D
 RenegadeOfPhunk
11-27-2003, 10:50 PM
My first action item is adding the option of LMS play - first for Siege, and then for the rest of the game-types.
 Samuel Dravis
11-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Improved ConfigED, with language module support for JA, JO, and perhaps some other games.
 razorace
11-28-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk
My first action item is adding the option of LMS play - first for Siege, and then for the rest of the game-types.

I suggest you simply call it a "no respawn" option instead of "LMS" it's less vague that way.
 NickR
12-01-2003, 7:58 PM
I'm almost finished with the RGB Saber Color Code. I'm putting the final touches to the rgb options in both the main and ingame menus.

I have finished the Force Fall code and I am waiting to incorporate it into the OJP Enhanced Project.
 razorace
12-02-2003, 1:47 AM
With the help of mushroom, we've gotten the old gametypes to work again. I've added all the nessicary menu items and am currently testing it.
 keshire
12-02-2003, 3:51 AM
For the old gametypes, you may want to include a link to old maps.
 razorace
12-02-2003, 5:45 AM
Maybe. I'm pretty iffy on playing favorites in terms of JK2 map conversions. I'm hoping that someone will set up a install program for OJP that rips/patches all the JK2 maps straight from the JK2 disc.
 keshire
12-02-2003, 5:49 AM
May also be a good idea to grab any non-duped textures too. The only pack I've seen out on the net didn't do that. It not only screws up the current textures but is a hefty size too.

*edit*
and the legality of it is also in question if setup for download. Unless like you propose it rips straight from disk.
 razorace
12-02-2003, 6:09 AM
I was thinking two versions. One that rips everything from the CD and one that has the files downloadable.

According to Raven, they allow cross product use of material for mods. So, that's not a problem.
 Samuel Dravis
12-06-2003, 1:45 PM
I found a zip file dll a while back that would be useful for ripping/pakking up files off the pk3s. I figure it wouldn't be hard to do really, just tedius.

I'm not going to think about it until I'm finished with ConfigED though.
 keshire
12-10-2003, 9:25 AM
I'm currently working on re-implementing the SFL_STICK_ON_IMPACT .sab flag. And I'm getting closer to perfection.
 razorace
12-10-2003, 10:04 AM
I've finished the animevent system work and am now tieing up loose ends with the melee system and old jk2 gametypes.

Also, Enhanced v0.0.1 and Basic v0.0.4 are now availible.
 razorace
12-11-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm also working on adding more weapon disable settings.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-13-2003, 6:38 PM
I'm ditching no-respawn (LMS) for the moment, and instead concentrating on vechicle code to allow for more varied vechicle implementations. (Droideka, AT-AT etc.)

Details here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119505)
 razorace
12-14-2003, 8:12 AM
Fixing the menus to only display maps for the jk2 gametypes that support them.....completed.

More weapon disable options.....completed.

http://www.lucasforums.com/avatar.php?userid=43100&dateline=1047727952)

Saber System, I'm calling you out!
 razorace
12-18-2003, 2:11 AM
Well, I'm helping kenshire with his saber throw overhaul as part of the saber system. Yesterday I set things up so that the saber throw can be used with the force select/use keys.
 razorace
12-19-2003, 4:07 AM
Well, I have an early working prototype of the saberblocking system working now. Just adding more features as I go.
 razorace
12-19-2003, 6:48 PM
I added a g_saberanimspeed cvar which acts like the g_saberanimspeed in SP.

I'm now working on getting my concept for dynamic viewangle impact "locking" to work.
 razorace
12-21-2003, 8:21 AM
Ok, got view locking working. It needs some tweaking (like figuring out a way to prevent lower block positions from "dragging" on the ground.) but other than that I think it's working pretty good. It adds a fair amount of feel to the saber impacts.

Should I make uploads to the repository for this stuff or should I wait til it's to a "releasable" stage? I'm thinking that it would be nice to maybe create a seperate branch for my saber system work that will exist for stages where it works but isn't really done yet.
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 1:28 PM
Seeing as you're the only one working on the saber system, you probably don't need to upload it. However, you might want to as a backup in case something goes wrong with you computer.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-21-2003, 4:18 PM
I think you should wait till it's in a releasable state before you upload stuff to the repository. And I don't think making a new branch just for saber stuff is nessesary - is it?
 razorace
12-21-2003, 6:13 PM
Well, my thinking is that people will probably want to try it out before it's released to the public. If I'm the only one with a copy, noone else can make comments until I consider it "releasable". Since this is a pretty important part of the game, I'm sure everyone will want a say in how it turns out.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-21-2003, 6:42 PM
Hmmm - ok. I see your point.
Yeah, ok, it's a good plan :)
 razorace
12-22-2003, 8:54 AM
 razorace
12-25-2003, 12:32 AM
In an effort to now hog space on this thread, I'm going to only be making updates on the status of the saber system overhaul in the Saber WIP thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120027) I'm updating on basically a daily basis so I suggest you check it out.
 Teancum
12-25-2003, 7:28 AM
I have almost completed team support for Lannik Racto, icons and all. Also working on hidden skins such as Prisoner/Elder & /Merchant, Jedi/J2, Reborn/Boss, and the brown Cultist all w/CTF support.

Let me throw an idea out: I am a very organized person, maybe even a bit obsessive, but I like things like my MP icons to all look the same. I was thinking, I could do JA style icons for all of the addon skins. -- with that, I have 2 questions. First off, what does everyone think of that? Secondly, would they show up in character select w/o having the model -- or if they had it, would it override the old model?

Also been doing some species work. I have a new torso for the Twi'lek model, which is a somewhat modified version of the Alora2 torso. Also added 5 new colors to the Twi'lek. I added 3 new heads to the Rodian male. Going to create different face/mask combos for Kel Dor. (Side note, masks are the only thing that will line up when changing Kel Dor heads) I'm also adding support for the Chiss male & female packs, but still need to contact the author of the female pack for permission. I will add the new Human female heads found at pcgamemods as soon as I get permission from the author. Other than that, I'm adding more 'preset' colors to each race (minimum of 10) and am trying to find out if OJP can use Aaron Smith's generic Zabrak male model (not Eeth Koth) for the skins pack.
 razorace
12-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I recommend that you make the icons look like the ones already in MP. We have a templete of the background on the repository under the /OJP/tools directory.
 stubert
01-05-2004, 10:07 AM
i made a very sexy scoreboard and i remapped the text hud

check it

http://www.firetrill.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27)
 razorace
01-05-2004, 6:38 PM
I don't see much difference in the scoreboard. It just looks like you changed the background graphic for it.
 Teancum
01-05-2004, 7:17 PM
Stubert -- I like the scoreboard, but the background should be black, or red/blue, and transparent. Other than that, great job.

On my side of the battle, all of the normal Species now have all of my updates mentioned in a previous thread. It also contains fixes for the Chiss Male and Chiss Female torso icons. Those two species won't be added until we get the problem with the species selection figured out. (Just bugfixes for now) I also fixed a problem with one of the Twi'lek's skirts not being two sided.

The Zabrak is in the works, but will probably take awhile. (Marker I think you're right, we should combine our efforts) I have mp/team support for the following hidden skins in: Lannik Racto, Brown Cultist (no team support, not needed), Elder.

I'm still not able to get the JA style MP icon from freepository, so if anyone would be nice enough, my email is smmelton@iupui.edu . I have been working with some pieced together icons I've made, and it's no fun.
 razorace
01-05-2004, 9:59 PM
And why can't you get the icon?

Anyway, I'm putting the finishing touches on my port of True View. It's almost a 100% straight port so I haven't added animation data for the new katas and such. So, if anyone wants to volunteer to find the moves that don't work correctly with True View, I'd appreciate it.

After that, I'm going to start workin on redoing the damage code and behavoir for the saber combat. However, I'm on vacation so progress will be slow.
 Teancum
01-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Well, when I click to get to the Icon, it just takes me to another page, with nowhere to d/l the icon. Here:

Location: [OpenJediProject] / OJP / Tools / icon_MPbackground.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Default branch: MAIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision 1.1 / , Fri Nov 14 04:47:35 2003 UTC (7 weeks, 3 days ago) by razorace
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: PRE_REORGANIZATION_2, POST_REORGANIZATION_2, HEAD
Added Tools section and icon_MPbackground.jpg (partial source file for the backgrounds seen for the non-cpc models)

Sorry for being such a newb to this. I'm not used to freepository
 razorace
01-06-2004, 1:43 AM
hmmm, it seems to be an issue of not having read/write access. I'll ask the admin about it.
 Teancum
01-30-2004, 8:31 AM
Updated the tools section: Updated the standard MP icon, and added red/blue versions.

Basic/Enhanced sections: New 'advanced' menus
 razorace
02-02-2004, 2:05 PM
My saber system improvements are coming along. I've rewritten the saber hit collision code for better hit detection and am now working on the saber behavioral code. I should have a working copy in a couple of days.
 razorace
02-03-2004, 9:44 AM
Ok dokie. I just got the brand new (and already infamous) saber system up and running. It's still in the early stage of development but it's mostly there. It's now time to fill in control defines, bug smash, and game balance. I'll be uploading the system soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Anyway, this bad boy will be need a LOT of beta testing to balance things out, figure out what works for the game, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
 razorace
02-04-2004, 4:26 AM
The full vehicle limit fix is now up on the repository.

OJP requests that you don't release any leeched code before OJP has had an oppertunity to package the new features in a OJP distro. Thank you.
 razorace
02-04-2004, 8:51 AM
The new saber system behavioral core is now on the repository. Please check it out if you have time, the more feedback and testing the better the system will be.

See the Saber System Redux thread for details.
 Teancum
02-05-2004, 8:11 PM
I didn't know where else to post this, but I'm taking a long hiatus from JA. I sold it yesterday. So the projects I've submitted are in their final form unless someone wants to update.

I'm sure I'll be back.
 razorace
02-05-2004, 8:42 PM
You sold it? why?
 Master_Keralys
02-13-2004, 3:17 PM
Not sure where else to post this, so...

Is there going to be any partitioning ability with OJP enhanced? As in, will we be able to turn on off things like the saber redux that Razor has done and whatnot. B/c I know that I won't always want to play with that, but I guarantee I'll nearly always be using TCK's RGB-saber code.
 razorace
02-15-2004, 4:26 AM
Probably not, we don't want to create a cvar hell and most the stuff is so game changing that to be able to turn on/off sections of it would totally knock off the balance.

If you feel the need to play with OJP features without the OJP gameplay changes, just use OJP Basic.
 razorace
02-16-2004, 7:51 AM
Dodge System - Operational
Saber System - Operational
Fatigue System - Operational

RGB Sabers - code has been received. working on the porting process.
 Master_Keralys
02-17-2004, 3:44 PM
Okay. That's cool. Way to go on the new systems.
As a final note - will the RGB sabers be included in the Basic Distro, then?
 razorace
02-17-2004, 5:38 PM
Of course.

And let's please keep this thread for news only. Ask your questions in the threads for the specific systems.
 razorace
02-23-2004, 9:00 AM
The 5th OJP release wave is coming soon. See here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123682) for details.
 razorace
02-23-2004, 7:12 PM
Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! Beta testers! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123709)
 razorace
03-14-2004, 9:31 AM
Ok, I'm going to try a more active approach to promoting cooperation within the JKA modder community. See here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124951) for details.
Page: 1 of 4