Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tutorial: Adding New Saber Hilts to the SP Saber Menu

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
11-08-2003, 6:50 PM
This tutorial will show you how to add new sabers to the SP Saber Menu.

We already assume that you have a fully working saber hilt that works in MP

Getting your Saber into the Menu:

1. Open up gameData/base/assets1.pk3 and unzip a copy of ui/saber.menu. Remember to always keep in the correct folder structure.

2. At this point you have a choice...

If you want to have your saber in the single/dual saber section, search for @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT1 and add an additional @MENUS_SINGLE_HILTnumber entry for your saber. Scroll down a bit and you will find another group of @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT, add the same entry there as well. NOTE: Do not add an entry to the @MENUS_STAFF_HILT section. That's for Saber Staffs only.

If you want to have your saber in the Saber Staff section, search for @MENUS_STAFF_HILT1 and add an additional @MENUS_STAFF_HILT entry for your saber.

3. Save the file and exit. At this point, your saber would be in the menu but unnamed if you packed things up and ran it in the game.

Getting your Saber's Name into the Menu:

1. Open up gameData/base/assets1.pk3 and unzip a copy of strings/English/MENUS.str (use the related language folder if you want to have your saber's name show up in other language versions of the game).

2. Open up the file and search for SINGLE_HILT1.

3. Using the current saber references as an example, add a entry for your saber.

4. Save the file, package things up and you're ready to go.
 Covax
11-09-2003, 12:30 AM
1. Open up gameData/base/assets1.pk3 and unzip a copy of strings/English/MENUS.str.

One MINOR note, only editing the English/MENUS.str does not mean the saber will not appear in the singleplayer game for other languages. The hilt will appear, it just won't have a name in SP.
 razorace
11-09-2003, 1:49 AM
Of course, but why would you be reading an english tutorial if your game is in a different language anyway?
 Covax
11-10-2003, 2:56 AM
:cool: *ahem* I don't know about you, but 2 out of the 3 fans I have happen to be German, so for my JKA stuff I'm trying to get my in-game text(s) translated.

Some might care, most won't.
 razorace
11-10-2003, 3:22 AM
Fair enough. I've added a little note about this.
 razorace
01-24-2004, 5:24 PM
BUMPED, because someone is looking for this thread.
Page: 1 of 1