Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Page: 5 of 5
 Neo61015
09-28-2003, 2:03 PM
hey can someome post an easy way to turn on the g_sabermorerealistic command since it's "write protected". I tired to put it into the target line of the jasp.exe like Kurgan had suggested but all it did was dismember me when I died, everyone else just died normally.
 Zem
09-28-2003, 5:05 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (it's a big thread :))...

One thing about g_sabermorerealistic on the command line: It works, but not when you start a new game. Starting a new game turns off and write-protects that variable again.

Not a big deal though. Just quicksave immediately after starting, quit the game, and restart. When you load that quicksave, it will be on again.
 Kurgan
09-28-2003, 6:14 PM
The method I described works for me in Win98se. I don't have WinXP so people with that may have to modify the method a bit (something about putting the commands outside the quotes or something of that nature).

But it DOES work.

From what I understand the Ship combat was simply not up to the standard they wished it to be when the game shipped. So they must simply have run out of time and locked off portions of their work as easter eggs.
 Sledeau
09-28-2003, 9:01 PM
Is there a way to change the size of the saber? I know you can use the desann saber but it would be cool if you could customize it even more.
 killabilly
09-28-2003, 9:05 PM
If only somebody could complete their work so that we could enjoy some quality dogfights... (wink wink any mod makers out there?;) )
 Tesla
09-28-2003, 9:09 PM
Is there a way to change the size of the saber? I know you can use the desann saber but it would be cool if you could customize it even more

Hehehe, yet another place i can "flase advertise" my guide. :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113141)

Well it will guide you in the right way, what you'd need to do is decide what hilt you want, and create a new .sab file with the new infomation to tell the game how big you want the blade. :)
 AxVegetA
09-28-2003, 9:36 PM
There is another npc.

npc spawn player :p :p

Is neutral, that means they atack if you atack.
So you can spawn 20 of yourself and sooner or later they will be atacking between them. :p :p
 Darth-Ra
09-28-2003, 10:52 PM
For all of you who wish to use the sith scepter, grab the hilt pack from: JediLords.com (http://www.jedilords.com/files.htm) or get the BMF SP SaberMod (http://www.jedilords.com/files/BMFsaber.zip) (has a nice script to cycle through different sabers including the sith scepter and sword, and some other sabers too) and JK3 Final Hilt Pack (http://www.jedilords.com/files/finalhilts.exe) (6 megs and no script cyling). Hope this solves your problem.

On another note, the way I have dismemberment set up is add a line in autoexec.cfg (create it if you didn't already do):

You probably better off adding
devmapall and
helpusobi 1
followed by:
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismemberment "3"
set g_sabermorerealistic "2"
[pick the disired values for the 3 above lines, be careful though with dismemberment]

also adding the command line to the shortcut:

"<DRIVE>:\<Location of Jedi Academy>\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I believe this might work best, but at least it works for me on XP; try one or both and test which of those 2 methods works best... :clap2: :thmbup1:
 Zeikfried
09-28-2003, 11:34 PM
yes well, all this dismemberment sure is fun, however I hereby repost the problem of killing saber-wielding enemies in 2-3 hits...
while normal foes seem to have as much hp as w/o dismemberment, it surely ruins fights against reborn & the like....

solution, anyone ?
 peloquin
09-29-2003, 12:30 AM
I just went into the npc files for all the reborn and cultists and increased their health points. Play arround with it yourself but at about 600 to 800 they can take about as many hits with dismemberment on as they do with normal health and dismemberment off.

Playing around with my personal mod and made some cool things that you all might like. You know how in the cultist.saberist.npc there are like 7 different styles of saberists like saber med throw, saber strong, saber strong throw stuff like that. Well I added Dooku in there as cultist saber throw med, changed the settings for that style to make it more like Dooku. It has a line saberstyle 3 which I changed to saber style 6 :) the saber styles are 1= blue 2= yellow 3=red 4=med fast 5 =strong fast 6 =dual and 7=staff.
I changed his style to 6 but left him with one saber so when he fights he twirls the saber around his head and swings from the wrist much more which looks just how he fought in the movie. The best part was when I was playing on level vjun2 where you're chasing alora to find rosh, the second last cut sceen where Alora taunts you and there is a cultist that walks slowly into the sceen as she takes off, well it was Dooku :) And that was the only part of the level where they spawned that npc so it was fully like Dooku was a character meant to be in there.

Anyone wanting to add there own models and change characters in the game really should open all the .npc files and play with em. Tis very cool the things you can do.

I have a question someone might be able to help me with. If I wanted to add Darth Vader into the game as a whole new character (not replacing a skin) is it possible to make a new .npc file say vader.npc and if I put in all the info for him like modelname, saber, forceuse, team class all of the stuff that you find in the other .npc files would I then be able to do the 'npc spawn vader' and have vader spawn? I guess I'll just try it and see what happens but I thought I'd see if anyone knew if it would work first. Cheers all.

Oh yeah I saw someone ask if you could change saber length, yes you can just go into the sabers,sab and you'll see a line saberscale 40 just increase or decrease that number to change the size of the saber.
 JediLurker
09-29-2003, 1:21 AM
Originally posted by peloquin
I just went into the npc files for all the reborn and cultists and increased their health points. Play arround with it yourself but at about 600 to 800 they can take about as many hits with dismemberment on as they do with normal health and dismemberment off.

Good idea. I'll give that a shot. Of course, that puts the player at a decided disadvantage against saber-wielders in general since enemies will still kill you with one good shot. Guess I'll just have to be that much more careful against them. Thanks for the idea!

In the long run, I'm hoping to come across a way to regulate the damage, but for now that'll work. Anyone happen to know which file(s) saber damage values are stored in so I can do a bit of experimenting?
 Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 5:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth-Ra
For all of you who wish to use the sith scepter, grab the hilt pack from: JediLords.com (http://www.jedilords.com/files.htm) or get the BMF SP SaberMod (http://www.jedilords.com/files/BMFsaber.zip) (has a nice script to cycle through different sabers including the sith scepter and sword, and some other sabers too) and JK3 Final Hilt Pack (http://www.jedilords.com/files/finalhilts.exe) (6 megs and no script cyling). Hope this solves your problem.

On another note, the way I have dismemberment set up is add a line in autoexec.cfg (create it if you didn't already do):

You probably better off adding
devmapall and
helpusobi 1
followed by:
set g_dismemberProbabilities "100"
set g_dismemberment "3"
set g_sabermorerealistic "2"
[pick the disired values for the 3 above lines, be careful though with dismemberment]

also adding the command line to the shortcut:

"<DRIVE>:\<Location of Jedi Academy>\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

I believe this might work best, but at least it works for me on XP; try one or both and test which of those 2 methods works best... :clap2: :thmbup1:

Your links do not work for me.:(
 Buffy
09-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by crow_nest
Your links do not work for me.:(

it was working ... but very slow.. takes time to load and down load too.. even high speed cable conection like me too :(
 Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
I waited for a few mins, then i got fedup.:D
 Lundquist
09-29-2003, 6:04 PM
I'd like that too.
I've been messing around with it a little, but I don't know much about editing, so the result always turns out...odd
 Wes Janson
09-29-2003, 7:26 PM
Just in case you folks haven't seen this yet, there's a way to configure the game to allow for easy switching between saber staff, two-handed style, and single saber on the fly. With seemless style. You can LOOK HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111442) for further info, since it's a bit lengthy.

But if you aren't lazy, the effect is pretty neat.
 WaR_ShArK_aX
09-29-2003, 9:55 PM
Hey if anybody has got they're hands on an Entity list for JA, I'd really appreciate them e-mailing it to me (I'm betting you have one Chang but I don't know if your allowed to send it out :().

Or better yet, if you can answer this up front:

What is the "Give" cheat for getting the E-Web turret inventory item?
 mikamu
09-29-2003, 10:32 PM
dismemberment cheat isn't working for me
the helpusob 1 doesn't work
 BS87
09-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by mikamu
dismemberment cheat isn't working for me
the helpusob 1 doesn't work

its Helpusobi 1
 dragon457
09-30-2003, 1:55 AM
Ok guys, something for you to chew on.

I've been trying for the past two days, since reading about swapping player models and such, to get a face-on screenshot of the model i'm now using to play MP with (rebornboss). Since I can't get the "thereisnospoon" effect to work in MP, I decided to try in SP, since the model works there as well.

Here's my problem. The saber I use in MP is the double saber (staff), blue blades, last hilt in the list (always forget the name). When I try to change my Jaden model to the Rebornboss, it gives a single saber, apparently the one actually used by the NPC. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change his saber to the same one I use for MP. I can get the Desann saber and some of the other "special" ones to work, but not the plain old saber staff. Any ideas on how I can do this? Or can it NOT be done?

Actually though, probably an easier method would be if the 'thereisnospoon' effect worked in MP, that way I wouldn't have to worry about all this saber business.

Any ideas?

**Edit**
BTW, I'm trying to make a desktop image out of all this. I know, I'm nerdy like that.
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 2:02 AM
You need to type Saber Dual_5 , that will get you your staff saber again, but it may come out a different color (the blades), so either do the sabercolor 1 blue blue cheat or do the saber dual_5 code again until you reach blue blades. :)
 dragon457
09-30-2003, 2:04 AM
Dude, thanks for the speedy reply. I'll try that right now and tell ya if it works.
 Boba Fett11
09-30-2003, 2:08 AM
I need help on changing player models in SP mode so they also change in the cutscenes. I typed in "g_char_model (name of model)" in game and it worked to change the character in the cutscene except it's only the outline of the character. No color, just basically gray all over. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also, through an accident my character ended up with a single saber in left hand and a saber staff in right, made for some cool screenshots but I can't figure out a way to make it happen again, anyone know?
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 2:11 AM
I don't think you can change your guy in a cutscene, well not yet, but im sure someone will figure out how to. ;)
 dragon457
09-30-2003, 2:25 AM
Originally posted by Tesla
You need to type Saber Dual_5 , that will get you your staff saber again, but it may come out a different color (the blades), so either do the sabercolor 1 blue blue cheat or do the saber dual_5 code again until you reach blue blades. :)

Wow, Tesla, it worked! Now if I could only make the camera move a little lower when it swings around. Heh. Thanks.
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 2:28 AM
Wow, Tesla, it worked! Now if I could only make the camera move a little lower when it swings around. Heh. Thanks.

No Problem, glad to of helped. :)

Have fun ;)
 BMA77
09-30-2003, 2:32 AM
i got a cool saber for sp, came in that big down load pack. it is mauls hilt with 1 blade. its longer than desanns blade. how can i take screenshots? also other than the blue chiss face and the female jaden faces, is there a good site to get more player models for sp?i also noticed when playing in mp, some hilts will not work. it will let you pick the dl ones but when game starts it defaults back to red reborn.. any help would be great.. thanx yall.
 peloquin
09-30-2003, 2:51 AM
In responce to:

""I need help on changing player models in SP mode so they also change in the cutscenes. I typed in "g_char_model (name of model)" in game and it worked to change the character in the cutscene except it's only the outline of the character. No color, just basically gray all over. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also, through an accident my character ended up with a single saber in left hand and a saber staff in right, made for some cool screenshots but I can't figure out a way to make it happen again, anyone know?"""

All you have to do is open the player.npc file which is located in the assets0.pk3 in the base folder under ext_data/npcs. In there it has the line "playermodel player" just change the "player" to the name of the model you want to appear in the cutsceens. Pack it back up and pop it into the base folder and that should work for ya. It will only change the character in the cutsceens so you'll still need to do a playermodel swap once in game.
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 2:54 AM
All you have to do is open the player.npc file which is located in the assets0.pk3 in the base folder under ext_data/npcs. In there it has the line "playermodel player" just change the "player" to the name of the model you want to appear in the cutsceens. Pack it back up and pop it into the base folder and that should work for ya. It will only change the character in the cutsceens so you'll still need to do a playermodel swap once in game.

NO !
DO NOT EDIT THE ASSETS0.PK3 !!! :eek:
If you do, you won't be able to join Pure Servers, and probarly most servers anyway, so don't edit that. !!

Anyway, i don't think that method works, though im not going to try it at all, i don't want to ruin my MP experience.
 peloquin
09-30-2003, 3:04 AM
all i said was open the assets0.pk3 and take out the player.npc which you'd then need to put into a seperate .pk3 and put into your base folder. I may not have added that part but I though most people know that by now.

So here we go.

using win zip extract the player.npc out of the assets0.pk3

it'll extract and look like this 'ext_data/npcs/player.npc'

using note pad open the player.npc and change where it has playermodel player to playermodel (name of model you want) so like playermodel yoda.

save the file

click on the ext_data folder and using winzip zip it up.

you now have a zip file, rename that to a .pk3 (player.pk3)

drop that back into your base folder.

you haven't changed anything in the assets0.pk3 and if you want to get rid of the changes you made just delete the new .pk3 you made. Simple.
 Kurgan
09-30-2003, 3:04 AM
Map list posted from another thread (thanks to the original poster!):

Originally posted by SamFisher
I decided to put this together go convenience(sp?).

Yavin: Rescue Rosh on the other side of the river and make your way to the Acadamy.
Yavin Training: Go through the training course with Kyle and Rosh.
Tatooine: Investigate Merchenary activity on Tatooine.
Tatooine Part 2: Droid Recovery: Get the droid off the Jawa Sandcrawler.
Bakura: Re-take the power plant for the Bakurans from the Imperials.
Benjeel: Pick up any survivours from the merchant ship crash.
Corellia: Go to Coronet and investigate any Cult activity.
Hoth: Investigate the site of the Luke's vision of Obi-Wan.
Nar Kreeta: Release the Elders from the Hutt Lord.
Zonju V: Meet the worker 3km outside Zoronhed and find out what he knows.
Kril'Dor: Help Wedge capture the gas platforms.
Coruscant: Capture Lannic Racto, a small-time crime lord on Coruscant.
Dosuun: Investigate Dosuun for signs of Cult activity.
Vjun: Go to Vjun with Master Katarn to stop the Cult from siphoning the force power there.
Chandrila: Stop the Cult from from siphoning the force power from the Jedi's tomb.
Tannb: Investigate informaton from a frighter captian.
Yalara: Go and destroy the cloaking device befor it falls into the wrong hands.
Byss: Look for signs of Cult activity on Byss with Kyle.
Ord Mantell: Blow up the weapon stockpiles.
Taspir III: Find Rosh and Kyle in the facility.
Korriban: Go to Ragnos' tomb and confront Tavion.

Console Map List:

academy1
academy2
academy3
academy4
academy5
academy6
hoth2
hoth3
kor1
kor2
t1_danger
t1_fatal
t1_inter
t1_rail
t1_sour
t1_surprise
t2_dpred
t2_rancor
t2_rogue
t2_trip
t2_wedge
t3_bounty
t3_byss
t3_hevil
t3_rift
t3_stamp
taspir1
taspir2
vjun1
vjun2
vjun3
yavin1
yavin1b
yavin2
 Tesla
09-30-2003, 3:08 AM
all i said was open the assets0.pk3 and take out the player.npc which you'd then need to put into a seperate .pk3 and put into your base folder. I may not have added that part but I though most people know that by now.

So here we go.

using win zip extract the player.npc out of the assets0.pk3

it'll extract and look like this 'ext_data/npcs/player.npc'

using note pad open the player.npc and change where it has playermodel player to playermodel (name of model you want) so like playermodel yoda.

save the file

click on the ext_data folder and using winzip zip it up.

you now have a zip file, rename that to a .pk3 (player.pk3)

drop that back into your base folder.

you haven't changed anything in the assets0.pk3 and if you want to get rid of the changes you made just delete the new .pk3 you made. Simple.

Sorry, my fault, i read it wrong and thought you meant to edit the actual assets0.pk3. :p

Easy mistake to make :D
 peloquin
09-30-2003, 3:11 AM
not a prob at all :)
 Zem
09-30-2003, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by dragon457
I've been trying for the past two days, since reading about swapping player models and such, to get a face-on screenshot of the model i'm now using to play MP with (rebornboss). Since I can't get the "thereisnospoon" effect to work in MP, I decided to try in SP, since the model works there as well.

No need to use "thereisnospoon" if all you want to do is position things for a screenshot. Use:

cg_thirdpersonangle degrees
...to change the camera angle around your character. 0 degrees is the default, directly behind your character.

cg_thirdpersonvertoffset height
...to raise or lower the camera. Default is 16. Note that you can put in negative numbers if you want a really low angle shot looking up.

cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset degrees
...to pitch the camera up or down. While you can do this with mouselook, using this pitchOffset variable does it without having your character bend at the waist to look up or down.

cg_thirdpersonrange distance
...to move the camera towards or away from your character. Default is 80.

There's a horizontal offset too if you want to frame your character to one side or the other for that artistic effect. Forget the exact spelling... type "cg_thirdperson" and hit tab a few times to cycle through all the camera commands.

Oh, and if you want to do an action shot, use "timescale 0.1" to slow things down to a crawl. I bound a couple keys to "timescale 0.1" and "timescale 1.0" for convenience.
 Darth-Ra
09-30-2003, 3:21 AM
BTW many mention using winzip to create .pk3 files...there is a much easier way to do it, using pakscape you can easily create and make folders/sub folders easily and reads .zip files too....I think this will speed up the process quite a bit....:)

You can get from here (http://www.effiles.com/file.info?ID=1327)
 Tars_Tarkas
09-30-2003, 3:24 AM
Any thoughts where I can find the map names to use commands like <Devmap>?

:confused:
 Tars_Tarkas
09-30-2003, 3:24 AM
Any thoughts where I can find the map names to use commands like <Devmap>?

:confused:
 Boba Fett11
09-30-2003, 3:25 AM
You guys rock!! Thank you for all your help!!!
 Zem
09-30-2003, 3:33 AM
Another easy way to deal with PK3 files if you have WinXP is:

1. Open any windows explorer window and select "tools->folder options..."

2. Click the "file types" tab

3. Click the "New" button

4. Type in "PK3" and hit "Advanced>>"

5. Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" from the list and hit OK.

Now you can just double-click to open PK3 files like any other folder. Cut/Copy/Paste files in or out of the PK3.
 Tars_Tarkas
09-30-2003, 4:36 AM
Probably not a revelation to anyone but me...the map name is the first file to load on screen when starting MP maps. :o
 Kurgan
09-30-2003, 6:26 AM
that or type:

\rcon mapname

Open a pk3 with winzip and look for bsp files. The file name (without the bsp extension) is what you'd use to jump to that map.
 Trikshot
09-30-2003, 6:46 AM
Originally posted by Zem
No need to use "thereisnospoon" if all you want to do is position things for a screenshot. Use:

...to change the camera angle around your character. 0 degrees is the default, directly behind your character.

...to raise or lower the camera. Default is 16. Note that you can put in negative numbers if you want a really low angle shot looking up.

...to pitch the camera up or down. While you can do this with mouselook, using this pitchOffset variable does it without having your character bend at the waist to look up or down.

There's a horizontal offset too if you want to frame your character to one side or the other for that artistic effect. Forget the exact spelling... type "cg_thirdperson" and hit tab a few times to cycle through all the camera commands.

Oh, and if you want to do an action shot, use "timescale 0.1" to slow things down to a crawl. I bound a couple keys to "timescale 0.1" and "timescale 1.0" for convenience. I'm not sure where this came from, but I had a .cfg script laying around in my JK2 directory called modelview.cfg. It lets you swich to a 3rd person view and rotate the camera around with the keypad keys. I hope this helps with what Dragon457 was looking for. Code follows... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Skin and Model View Script
// By: Octavius
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//Intructions:
// This script was originally for use with Quake3.
// Since most of the same commands between Q3
// and JK2 are the same, this script will work the same
// as it was intended in the original Q3 engine. To install
// it simply copy the file to your GameData\Base directory
// and when in game, enable cheats using the
// devmap <mapname> command. Once you are in developer
// mode, simply type "exec modelview.cfg" in the console.
// This binds your keypad to camera angle adjustments that will
// allow you to circle around your character, as well as pan
// in an out. This script uses the arrow keys of your numpad
// and the 5 (middle key) to switch between thrid and first person.
// No support is provided, use at your own risk.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
bind kp_5 "toggle cg_thirdperson;vstr a0;vstr r40"
bind kp_uparrow "vstr closer"
bind kp_downarrow "vstr farther"
bind kp_leftarrow "vstr left"
bind kp_rightarrow "vstr right"

set a0 "cg_thirdpersonangle 0;set left vstr a10;set right vstr a350"
set a10 "cg_thirdpersonangle 10;set left vstr a20;set right vstr a0"
set a20 "cg_thirdpersonangle 20;set left vstr a30;set right vstr a10"
set a30 "cg_thirdpersonangle 30;set left vstr a40;set right vstr a20"
set a40 "cg_thirdpersonangle 40;set left vstr a50;set right vstr a30"
set a50 "cg_thirdpersonangle 50;set left vstr a60;set right vstr a40"
set a60 "cg_thirdpersonangle 60;set left vstr a70;set right vstr a50"
set a70 "cg_thirdpersonangle 70;set left vstr a80;set right vstr a60"
set a80 "cg_thirdpersonangle 80;set left vstr a90;set right vstr a70"
set a90 "cg_thirdpersonangle 90;set left vstr a100;set right vstr a80"
set a100 "cg_thirdpersonangle 100;set left vstr a110;set right vstr a90"
set a110 "cg_thirdpersonangle 110;set left vstr a120;set right vstr a100"
set a120 "cg_thirdpersonangle 120;set left vstr a130;set right vstr a110"
set a130 "cg_thirdpersonangle 130;set left vstr a140;set right vstr a120"
set a140 "cg_thirdpersonangle 140;set left vstr a150;set right vstr a130"
set a150 "cg_thirdpersonangle 150;set left vstr a160;set right vstr a140"
set a160 "cg_thirdpersonangle 160;set left vstr a170;set right vstr a150"
set a170 "cg_thirdpersonangle 170;set left vstr a180;set right vstr a160"
set a180 "cg_thirdpersonangle 180;set left vstr a190;set right vstr a170"
set a190 "cg_thirdpersonangle 190;set left vstr a200;set right vstr a180"
set a200 "cg_thirdpersonangle 200;set left vstr a210;set right vstr a190"
set a210 "cg_thirdpersonangle 210;set left vstr a220;set right vstr a200"
set a220 "cg_thirdpersonangle 220;set left vstr a230;set right vstr a210"
set a230 "cg_thirdpersonangle 230;set left vstr a240;set right vstr a220"
set a240 "cg_thirdpersonangle 240;set left vstr a250;set right vstr a230"
set a250 "cg_thirdpersonangle 250;set left vstr a260;set right vstr a240"
set a260 "cg_thirdpersonangle 260;set left vstr a270;set right vstr a250"
set a270 "cg_thirdpersonangle 270;set left vstr a280;set right vstr a260"
set a280 "cg_thirdpersonangle 280;set left vstr a290;set right vstr a270"
set a290 "cg_thirdpersonangle 290;set left vstr a300;set right vstr a280"
set a300 "cg_thirdpersonangle 300;set left vstr a310;set right vstr a290"
set a310 "cg_thirdpersonangle 310;set left vstr a320;set right vstr a300"
set a320 "cg_thirdpersonangle 320;set left vstr a330;set right vstr a310"
set a330 "cg_thirdpersonangle 330;set left vstr a340;set right vstr a320"
set a340 "cg_thirdpersonangle 340;set left vstr a350;set right vstr a330"
set a350 "cg_thirdpersonangle 350;set left vstr a0;set right vstr a340"
set r5 "cg_thirdpersonrange 5;set farther vstr r10;set closer vstr r500"
set r10 "cg_thirdpersonrange 10;set farther vstr r20;set closer vstr r5"
set r20 "cg_thirdpersonrange 20;set farther vstr r30;set closer vstr r10"
set r30 "cg_thirdpersonrange 30;set farther vstr r40;set closer vstr r20"
set r40 "cg_thirdpersonrange 40;set farther vstr r50;set closer vstr r30"
set r50 "cg_thirdpersonrange 50;set farther vstr r60;set closer vstr r40"
set r60 "cg_thirdpersonrange 60;set farther vstr r70;set closer vstr r50"
set r70 "cg_thirdpersonrange 70;set farther vstr r80;set closer vstr r60"
set r80 "cg_thirdpersonrange 80;set farther vstr r90;set closer vstr r70"
set r90 "cg_thirdpersonrange 90;set farther vstr r100;set closer vstr r80"
set r100 "cg_thirdpersonrange 100;set farther vstr r120;set closer vstr r90"
set r120 "cg_thirdpersonrange 120;set farther vstr r140;set closer vstr r100"
set r140 "cg_thirdpersonrange 140;set farther vstr r160;set closer vstr r120"
set r160 "cg_thirdpersonrange 160;set farther vstr r180;set closer vstr r140"
set r180 "cg_thirdpersonrange 180;set farther vstr r200;set closer vstr r160"
set r200 "cg_thirdpersonrange 200;set farther vstr r220;set closer vstr r180"
set r220 "cg_thirdpersonrange 220;set farther vstr r240;set closer vstr r200"
set r240 "cg_thirdpersonrange 240;set farther vstr r260;set closer vstr r220"
set r260 "cg_thirdpersonrange 260;set farther vstr r280;set closer vstr r240"
set r280 "cg_thirdpersonrange 280;set farther vstr r300;set closer vstr r260"
set r300 "cg_thirdpersonrange 300;set farther vstr r350;set closer vstr r280"
set r350 "cg_thirdpersonrange 350;set farther vstr r400;set closer vstr r300"
set r400 "cg_thirdpersonrange 400;set farther vstr r500;set closer vstr r350"
set r500 "cg_thirdpersonrange 500;set farther vstr r5;set closer vstr r400"
// EOFAfter seeing some of the settings you showed, I was thinking the script could be modified to move the camera up and down as well as the camera angle up and down. I'll have to work on it to see what I can come up with. :)
 Kurgan
09-30-2003, 7:37 AM
Thanks to some help from ChangKhan, I've gotten ragdoll physics to work in MP.

Here it is (for those who haven't already discovered it):

\broadsword 1

That's it (client side), and it's done!

Now make a kill and before they respawn, you can push or pull their body around, plus they will fall more loosely and lean against walls and such.

Adds a little bit more realism to the game. ; )

Turn it off and they will clip through walls and act like a mannequin again.
 DuncanFeldane
09-30-2003, 8:34 PM
Might be a dumb question, but I'm trying to bind a few keys with non-obvious names (like the left "shift" key, the numpad "+" key, etc.)

Excluding the obvious ones (the "a" key, for example), does anyone have a list of all the keys' names?

Thanks,
 mikamu
09-30-2003, 10:35 PM
helpusobi 1 doen't work with the dismemberment either

I did it like this:
devmapall
helpusobi 1
sabermorerealistic 3

got nothing:confused:
 mikamu
09-30-2003, 10:38 PM
p.s kurgan your games are always full:(
 Fractal-Coffee
09-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Not exactly, but if you go into the Controls part of the menu and bind whatever that key was to some random action, you can then go into the console and type "bindlist", and the actual name of the key will show up there. Then you can bind to your heart's content.

That's how I figured out stuff like KP_PGDN for the '3' button on the number pad and so on.

EDIT: Bloody people posting between me andwhat I was replying to. This post is commenting on the one by DuncanFeldane.
 Zem
10-01-2003, 1:10 AM
Duncan, try this bind list from Quake3. Should be the same:

http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/bindlist.shtml)
 dragon457
10-01-2003, 4:20 AM
Originally posted by Zem

Oh, and if you want to do an action shot, use "timescale 0.1" to slow things down to a crawl. I bound a couple keys to "timescale 0.1" and "timescale 1.0" for convenience.

Dude, this all worked like a charm! Check it out!
Rebornboss (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3247095/)

Thanks a lot guys. Now to make some more interesting shots.

***Edit***

Oh, and I know there's a thread for screenshots and such, but I wanted Zem to see the fruites of his help. Cheers.
 Crow_Nest
10-01-2003, 4:43 AM
How did you get the rebornboss to use the staff?

playermodel rebornboss?
Page: 5 of 5