Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Page: 3 of 5
 Tesla
09-23-2003, 2:27 AM
I have another question,
When on the Hoth level you are wearing a Jacket and Different trousers, you've metioned above the commands for the different models if we wish to change are player model anytime in-game, but can we change to the Hoth clothing on any level, if so what command do we put ?
 Avitor
09-23-2003, 3:10 AM
I think we should all express some thanks to Chang for responding on this forum. A lot of game designers never do that kind of thing.

And Chang, I'm with Wheelchairboy on the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers variable. Might we see it in an upcoming patch?
 defalc
09-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Is the sithsword useable in MP? :cool:
 Crow_Nest
09-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by defalc
Is the sithsword useable in MP? :cool:

I think you must have a cheat enabled server first.

then type "saber sith_sword"
 Flashblade
09-23-2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
They should be in base/ui

I haven't tried this with the retail version, just our local build here that we develop with... perhaps it doesn't work with .pk3 files? Maybe it's reading the .pk3 version of the ingame.txt instead of the one you extracted? Where is it located and what are it's contents (after you edited it)?

Yay I got it working :cool: so I will tell now how it works because it is the only way to change your appearance on the fly and to know what will be the end result. ChangKhan the .pk3 files was the needed advice. Sure it reads the ingame.txt from assets1.pk3. So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3. Now you can open the Charactermenu with "uimenu charactermenu" in the console. Change your appearance there and exit means use BACK button or press escape. DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE SABERMENU IT WILL SCREW UP YOUR STANCE AND STYLE. When I entered that menu and left than I had staffstyle with one single saber and only yellow and red stance. After you left the menu immediately type playermodel player in the console. Do not run or jump around since the information of your appearance change WILL be lost!

Thats it have fun with that, the possibility really makes sense when you go the dark path since it allows you to change your appearance to look more Dark Jedi (Twilek is perfect. There is a set of all dark clothes)!

Thx ChangKhan for giving me the right idea :cool:

Oh one more thing. Since you said you would not advice to do that because load times increase. On my system (Athlon 2000MHz, 500MB DDR RAM) I couldn't note that the load time significantly increases. The impact on the load times must be near zero (at least for me)!
 Mr.Hawai
09-23-2003, 2:28 PM
i changed the g_corpseremoveltime command in the jaconfig to "0" and it works just fine.
but the dismembered body parts i cut off my opponents still disappear. is there a way to make them stay like the corpses?
 Gav
09-23-2003, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by Durocha
Bind [key] "toggle cl_run"

And I quoted the wrong post, but that's the toggle walk command. Now all I want is the command to toggle crouching.

I'll have to try it out, i was wondering about that the other day.
I was trying to do something by putting a "!" somewhere in the bind value, but that didn't change ne thing. Maybe Chang can help u out with the crouch key.

P.S. Chang - I also wanted to thank you for takin' the time to comment in the forums, it's greatly appreciated, at least it should be, :)
 killer173
09-23-2003, 8:16 PM
Any1 find out how to use the scepter yet?

Matt
 Flashblade
09-23-2003, 8:19 PM
Correction: When you are in the Character Menu you HAVE to klick the next button. If you just change your appearance and hit back or press escape the change WON'T be registered. After you select your new outfit klick next you are now in the saber menu. hit back 2 times or press escape. Now type playermodel player and you should look like what you selected in the Character menu. However as a mood point I found out that the entering of the saber menu will screw staffstyle (you have a single saber) though not dual saber. To bring your staff back type "saber dual_?; (? replaced by number 1-5 to select the respective hilt) sabercolor [your choice]" in the console.
 NVShacker
09-23-2003, 8:53 PM
No, I've been trying. Best I've done is control a Tavion with it, but I couldn't use the scepter unless I did a kata which made the saber and the sword do the two saber kata. Bah.
 killabilly
09-23-2003, 9:10 PM
how do u spawn tavion with the secptor?

when i type in tavion_new it only gives me tavion with 1 saber.

also what do u type in to get a sith sword??
 Prime
09-23-2003, 9:33 PM
Does anyone know how to get the different saber stances in SP? In particular, I am interested in getting blue, yellow, and red stances for the single saber. But any ideas on how to set the available stances in general would be appreciated! :)
 Darth-Ra
09-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by killer173
Any1 find out how to use the scepter yet?

Matt

Yes just type in
saber sith_scepter and press [enter], as you would use any of the sabers... As far as I am aware It works in SP, haven't tried it in mp... :) :fett:
 killer173
09-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Ra
Yes just type in
saber sith_scepter and press [enter], as you would use any of the sabers... As far as I am aware It works in SP, haven't tried it in mp... :) :fett:

just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt
 AgentDarthThor
09-24-2003, 12:00 PM
I'd like to know is it possible to have 2 different colored blades for the saberstaff in mutiplayer, i know its possible in sp cause i figured it out very easily...however mp is proving more difficult.
 ninja
09-24-2003, 5:11 PM
does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.
 |GG|Carl
09-24-2003, 5:16 PM
:doh:Today I noticed that you can write just:

"/Iknowkungfu"

instead of:

"/give weaponnum 14"
"/bind x weapon 14"
"/g_debugmelee"

to use fists.

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE?

doh! I'll have to keep myself more updated!
 Darth-Ra
09-24-2003, 8:04 PM
Originally posted by killer173
just tried it and it isnt working for me.....

Matt

Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first :rolleyes: if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!! :sweating:
 SHaDoWKiLL
09-24-2003, 8:13 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Note on dismemberment:

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can't quite get this to work, when I enter off quicksave it dismember and when I bring up ctrl+~ theres a message at the top that says its write protected. I got this to work once on the last level but thats it, it wouldn't work for Taspir. Can anyone help me?
 ninja
09-24-2003, 9:49 PM
Originally posted by ninja
does anyone know a command to play as the bob fett model with his jetpack on in FFA? as for now i only know that you get the jetpack in siege games. i dont care about flying, just having a jetpack looks more complete.

thanks.

can anyone help me with this please?
 killer173
09-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Ra
Did you enter devmapall or helpusobi 1 before typing saber sith_scepter? be sure you have a level loaded first :rolleyes: if you are trying it in MP then I don't know how to make it work!! :sweating:

yeah im doing it in single player, after i loaded a level, i type

helpusobi 1
saber sith_scepter

ive gotten the sword to work, but not the scepter.....does nething else have to be enabled?

Matt
 NVShacker
09-24-2003, 10:22 PM
AFAIK the scepter isn't considered a saber type. It's considered it's own weapon.
 killer173
09-24-2003, 10:54 PM
ok then how do i use it?
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-25-2003, 2:46 AM
Originally posted by Flashblade
So I followed your manual put the line about charactermenu in ingame.txt and put the edited version into assets1.pk3.

I thought you might try that, but I wanted to warn you, first, that doing this has altered your assets1.pk3 file and you will no longer be able to play on "pure" multiplayer servers. It will know your copy of assets1.pk3 and the server's are different and will not allow you to connect to the server (if it's pure). This is done to prevent cheating.

Perhaps, instead, you should make a *new* pk3 file with *just* the new ingame.txt in it (and restore your retail version of the assets1.pk3). Name it anything that comes alphabetically after "assets1" (so that it will override the ingame.txt in assets1).
 Flashblade
09-25-2003, 9:28 AM
Uhhh you are right of course :o. I thought about a downloadable minimod so that not everyone had to do this. I thought it wasn't worth the effort since you still had to get the altered ingame.txt into assets1.pk3. I absolutely forgot about this easy way thx for reminding me of it!

EDIT: I submitted the minimod to lucasfiles.com however since it can take some time til they have it up if you want to grab it now go here:
Character and Appearance Selector 1.0 (http://people.freenet.de/Mech3/CaA_selector10.zip)
 NVShacker
09-25-2003, 9:53 AM
I'm working on it... Ity is not intended to be used though...

EDIT - Geez, anyone at Raven want to explain why you had to make weapontype control the projectiles it fires too? I can make the Wookie Scepter, but that doesn't quite do what I intended it too... -_-
 Crow_Nest
09-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Why not ask the Raven guy? he should know...

Hey chang, how do we use the sith scepter?
 Prime
09-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Just for anyone else who is interested in what I found...

Originally posted by Prime
I know the playermodel can be used to select either componants for a custom character or one of the NPCs as the model for the player. But I am wondering what the best way is to use a custom model as the player.

The only way I see to do it so far is to create a .npc file containing information about the model, desired lightsaber, and so on. Is using the playermodel command this way the best way to use a custom model for the player? So far, this is the only way I've found to add a new character model so that it is usable to replace Jaden. It is simple enough though...

I am also wondering about getting different lightsaber stances. In JO, simply setting the saber offense to 3 was enough to get the blue, yellow, and red stances. This doesn't seem to be the case in JA. I am not sure how the settings in the .npc file affect the lightsaber abilities of the character. How can I set the game up so I can use certain lightsaber stances? For example, a player that can use blue, yellow, and red? It seems that there is a saberstype parameter in the .npc entry that can be used to set available saberstyles. Looking through entries for other models, it seems you can set this value up to 7 (could be more). I wanted the player to have blue, yellow and red stances, so I put:

saberstyle 1 // blue
saberstyle 2 // yellow
saberstyle 3 // red

I haven't tried the other values to see what they are, but presumably they are the other stances used by the Reborn and so on. I'm not sure yet if there is a limit for how many different stances a player has.

Finally, it seems that using playermodel <NPC> gives the character the abilities of the NPC selected. Is this solely based on the .npc file? What would I have to do so that I can only use the model and not any abilities of the npc? It appears that any parameters that are not set in the .npc entry for that model use whatever the settings were at the time the model was switched.

Hope that helps somebody :)
 Avitor
09-25-2003, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by crow_nest
Why not ask the Raven guy? he should know...Quit abusing "the Raven guy."
 |GG|Carl
09-25-2003, 4:02 PM
Gotta love all those vehicles someone posted above! Especially the imperial shuttle was awsome!

Almost forgotten to say, I hope it was ok that I copied the most of the important things on this thread, and put in up on our clan page. Here (http://hem.passagen.se/carlydergard/tips%20and%20tricks_JA.htm) is the link.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-25-2003, 8:04 PM
Originally posted by crow_nest
Why not ask the Raven guy? he should know...

Hey chang, how do we use the sith scepter?

Hmm... that's a hard one, I don't think that's possible. That was pretty much hardcoded into the AI of the character that uses the scepter, it wasn't really set up like a generic weapon that anyone can use, sorry... :/
 NVShacker
09-25-2003, 8:32 PM
Yeah, it doesn't even use the fire button, it uses some kind of AI command. I did a controled one, and after she raised scepter to attack or whatever she just was kind of frozen. It's possible I guess, but not worth the effort. Maybe in MP as a mod.

BTW, are any of the other weapons made to work with the player? I need to fool around a bit.
 Avitor
09-25-2003, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Hmm... that's a hard one, I don't think that's possible. That was pretty much hardcoded into the AI of the character that uses the scepter, it wasn't really set up like a generic weapon that anyone can use, sorry... :/ I take it same is true for the Gaffi Stick, the Tusken rifle, and Boba's flame thrower?
 ninja
09-25-2003, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by ninja

thanks.

can someone help me please?
 peloquin
09-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Found a way to change your player model for cut sceens, not sure if it's been posted before, sorry I don't have the time to look through this whole post.

In the extdata folder with all the .npc files there is one called player.npc in it it has a line "playermodel player" all you have to do is change the 'player' to any model that you have in the base folder. For eg: playermodel ep1_obi and it will change your character in the cut sceens.

also just though I'd mention with changing character skins/models in SP all you have to do is change a line in the .npc file for the character you want to change. For eg: If you wanted to change Luke for quigon. put the quigon.pk3 into the base folder, extract the luke.npc and open it with notepad. The first line in the luke.npc file is playermodel luke all you have to do is change 'luke' to read 'quigon' (playermodel quigoin) pack the luke.npc file back up and pop it into your base folder. Luke will now be quigon.
 Mike Windu
09-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Mr. Chang, can you verify if the hilt bash does indeed work? I've tried many times,but to no avail.:confused:

I agree, we need to stop bothering you, so this will be my last question hopefully:D

BTW: RAVEN IS AWESOME JKA ROXORS WOOT!!!
I thank u guys for making it fun for people on a crappy 56k and a 4 year old videocard :D... jo was laggy for me, but i do fine in ja hehe:duel:
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 3:37 AM
Originally posted by Avitor
I take it same is true for the Gaffi Stick, the Tusken rifle, and Boba's flame thrower?

Not sure about the gaffi stick

The tusken rifle you can use. I don't remember which weapon number it is, but you can give yourself any weapon by typing:

give weaponnum #
(# = anywhere from 0 to something like 26 or so? - the first 13 or 14 are player weapons, the rest are NPC weapons)
Then:

give ammo
So that it lets you select and fire the weapon.

As for boba's flamethrower, it used to be hooked up to the force lightning key, but that got removed at some point it seems, so...
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-26-2003, 3:41 AM
Originally posted by mike-windu
Mr. Chang, can you verify if the hilt bash does indeed work? I've tried many times,but to no avail.:confused:

I agree, we need to stop bothering you, so this will be my last question hopefully:D

BTW: RAVEN IS AWESOME JKA ROXORS WOOT!!!
I thank u guys for making it fun for people on a crappy 56k and a 4 year old videocard :D... jo was laggy for me, but i do fine in ja hehe:duel:

I think that was disabled in MP (though a mod could easily add it back in, it was just commented out) because, with prediction/lag, lack of AI "playing along", it was really unpredictable and interfered with kicking.
 Darth-Ra
09-26-2003, 4:34 AM
ok so far all questions i had about using npc models instead of player model and making it appear in cutscenes is nice and dandy, but is there a way to make it appear by default each new level load or save game load, without replacing the actual .glm from jedi_hm, jedi_hf, jedi_tf, jedi_zf, jedi_rm, and jedi_kdm?? Anyone figured it out yet?? :grnlaz:
 Crow_Nest
09-26-2003, 6:59 AM
Originally posted by Avitor
Quit abusing "the Raven guy."

Sorrie.:(
 melianor
09-26-2003, 7:22 AM
*cheers* and bookmarked!
 frans
09-26-2003, 7:22 AM
Prime wrote:

"So far, this is the only way I've found to add a new character model so that it is usable to replace Jaden. It is simple enough though..."

Could you explain a bit about how you did this? Because after I finish the game I want to make a pk3 file to replace jaden with Emporer Palpatine so I can play the single player game as him. The multiplayer mods work fine, but when I added an old Kyle-to-maul pk3 I made, my game crashed.

I would appreciate any help you could give me Prime.

Frans
 Bantafodder
09-26-2003, 9:40 AM

It appears that any parameters that are not set in the .npc entry for that model use whatever the settings were at the time the model was switched.

Hope that helps somebody :) [/B]

Does this mean I could use only the skin from a npc by deleting all the parameters from the .npc file?

Is it possible to copy the .npc file (without the parameters) as a new skin? This would prevent that the specific npc has no parameters set.

PS:hope this is understandable but english is not my native language.
 fat_101
09-26-2003, 10:15 AM
ninja in reply to ur how to get jetpack only way i found is to type /devmap (map name) or the /helpusobi 1 then type /give all
then u get the jetpack which looks spankingy great on boba.

btw anyone know beings as u can have dual sabers can u have dual pistols ??

FATTEH
 Asimon
09-26-2003, 12:38 PM
There's also another way to get the Jetpack for any other model.

*change to boba's model (playermodel boba_fett) and then when using it (on the air) change it again for any other model.

The problem is that it doesn't look so good and in some models the fire could leave from their stomach, head, etc...

I dont recommend it anyway...
 Prime
09-26-2003, 1:10 PM
Hi all,

I am going to write a little tutorial either tonight or this weekend (whenever I get time to do it) about how to replace Jaden with a non-JA/JO custom skin. I'll probably post it in the JA modeling section, so keep an eye open there. If I remember I will post here too telling you guys when it is up. I just don't have the time right now... :)

Stay tuned...

P.S. Are there specific things you guys are wondering about? I don't know how to do everything yet, but if there is something you want to know, maybe I can include that as well.
 ninja
09-26-2003, 3:30 PM
thank you guys for your help. too bad i can only do solo games. for nobody can see the jetpack. i cant host a game because i'm behind a firewall lol.
 Chew-Z
09-26-2003, 4:05 PM
To get dismemberment there is a easy way,
just change in your jaconfig.cfg g_dismemberProbabilities to "0".

Didn't work every hit, but if you hit correct,
you can dismember arm's, hand's, leg's, feet's, torso and head.

I don't know if someone posted this before,
I just saw some more complicated manuals who didn't work for me.
 |GG|Carl
09-26-2003, 5:17 PM
Does anyone know any way to kill boba fett?

Not on the Boba level, just when you spawn him.

You can make him loose all his lifes, but he continues to live! I have tried everything to kill him!

I threw him down into a hole, but he used his jetpack and flew up again.

I ran over him with a swoop, but he just flew away, and lost no lifes.

I crashed on him with a x-wing, but he lost no lifes.

I made a rancor eat him, but he flew out of it.

I made a mutated rancor eat him, but he continued to live inside its stomach! Then he just flew out of there! Almost unhurt!(when I say almost, I mean this (http://hem.passagen.se/carlydergard/boba.JPG):D)

So, does anyone know a way to KILL :fett: for good?
 Darth Stryke
09-26-2003, 7:46 PM
Boba cannot die. Well, you can use the NPC KILL ALL cheat, but without cheating he will not die. Good luck :D
Page: 3 of 5