Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

THE DEMO release (rumor)

Page: 2 of 4
 Jedi Elite2003
09-01-2003, 6:30 AM
The demo is coming on 3 september.
i will download it cuz i cant wait for 19 september so if i download the demo i'll be sweat for some couple days :jawa

:lsduel: :lsduel: :lsduel:
 BuRn99
09-01-2003, 6:56 AM
May i ask how you know this?
 mariners2001
09-01-2003, 7:01 AM
don't play with my heart ;)
 Jedi Elite2003
09-01-2003, 7:18 AM
Let's just say i know some people how made this game.
 Crow_Nest
09-01-2003, 7:29 AM
Hope the demo would be like jk2, get to play a level that is not included in the real game.
 ExcelsioN
09-01-2003, 7:34 AM
3rd september!? Great news!

:bluflag2:
 Crow_Nest
09-01-2003, 7:42 AM
How come i've never heard about it at the lucasarts site? Or at raven?
 ExcelsioN
09-01-2003, 7:44 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Elite2003

Are you actually being serious?
 Sam
09-01-2003, 7:57 AM

?

Im having a hard time Believing you.
 OutThere
09-01-2003, 8:16 AM
Hopefully it's released then.
:)
 ExcelsioN
09-01-2003, 8:21 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and find out.
I HOPE that it comes out on Sept 3rd.
 Crow_Nest
09-01-2003, 8:34 AM
I hope it comes out right NOW!!! At this very moment.:D
 ExcelsioN
09-01-2003, 8:36 AM
I havent had a new pc game for months. So I cant wait until the JA demo comes out. It'll keep me busy until the full game is released.
 Jedi Elite2003
09-01-2003, 8:39 AM
People Trust me 3rd september i swear i dont know any further information if it's gonna be a sp level or not existing level or mp
level i dont know . we will just have to see

:slsaber: :dsaber:
 ExcelsioN
09-01-2003, 8:42 AM
Its Ok, we just wanted to know whether you have a reliable source or not. I guess I'll trust you. It is does come out on Sept 3rd, thanks.:)
 BrainStorm
09-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Well, heres hoping...
 PrimoSidone
09-01-2003, 11:39 AM
if it dooes not comout the 3th, ur gonna get bunny ears and be a nother playboy bunny to my collection
 Kurgan
09-01-2003, 1:30 PM
While this is intersting info... I'll consider it a rumor for now.

No confirmation on the Official Site, and your only source is an unnamed "insider" (hey, for all I know you really do have one, it's not unheard of).
 Jedi Elite2003
09-01-2003, 2:54 PM
Kurgan it would be better yes that you put in rumor.
but will you get it away when i'm true ???
cuz i know i have. but i can live with it
 Master William
09-01-2003, 3:02 PM
I won't need the demo, my tester friend gave it to me (he writes about games in some gaming magazine, and then he got to test the game and he took it to my place and installed.

I am just borrowing it though, and I have almost beaten the game in light path, I already did it in dark path.

[Edited to remove possible information of game that has not been released. Any more of this and you WILL be banned since any information sent through PMs is STILL considered a part of the site.]

EDIT: I got pms about that I have a demo, it's not the demo I have, it's the full game I have (and no, I didn't get it illegaly :p )
 JDKnite188
09-01-2003, 4:10 PM
I would love to see a demo come before the game. And September 3rd is so soon!!!! The fact is that it is probably a rumor; there has been no prior release of a date of a demo. Now this rumored demo is coming in two days. Smells fishy to me, but I won't mind being wrong!
 Nobel Jedi
09-01-2003, 4:14 PM
that's just sad... i mean you already spoiled something for me that i didn't know

Master William:

I won't need the demo, my tester friend gave it to me (he writes about games in some gaming magazine, and then he got to test the game and he took it to my place and installed.

I am just borrowing it though, and I have almost beaten the game in light path, I already did it in dark path.

If there is anything you want to know about the game, PM me for it, and I'll PM you back, I won't spoil it for others by posting it here.

EDIT: I got pms about that I have a demo, it's not the demo I have, it's the full game I have (and no, I didn't get it illegaly )

so thanks for spoiling that you can choose, and btw it's sad that you can't wait till the original game.
 |GG|Carl
09-01-2003, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by crow_nest
Hope the demo would be like jk2, get to play a level that is not included in the real game.
Yeah... lets hope so...
 Master William
09-01-2003, 6:07 PM
Ok Nobel Jedi, you just pissed me off to 100%

If you were reading info about the game, you would already have KNOWN THAT YOU COULD CHOOSE DARK/LIGHT PATH!

I knew this before I even saw trailers goddamnit!

So it is not a spoiler.

Maybe that info is hidden now, but I remember reading it way before trailers were released.
 Nobel Jedi
09-01-2003, 6:34 PM
if you say so, but i didn't and maybe others didn't 2
 Master William
09-01-2003, 6:37 PM
So you are saying that if you didn't know about that you could customize your character then you would have jumped on me for ''spoilers''?

:p
 Nobel Jedi
09-01-2003, 6:42 PM
no cause that's all over the official site, i didn't know you could play dark and light
 Master William
09-01-2003, 6:47 PM
Sorry if I sounded too harsh, I just don't want anyone to misunderstand me, leading to getting banned from these forums for ''revealing too much'', when that info was actually on any site... :c3po:
 PhantomHelix
09-01-2003, 7:53 PM
It's ok.

Actualy, the customization is all over the site and the trailers, and the dark and light thing isn't on hte official....but it's on every other site. But, no harm done. Just put it behind us....

GOD DAMN YOU MASTER WILLIAM! I WANT IT! lol :D you're a lucky bastard.
 snowman21
09-01-2003, 7:53 PM
i will download it cuz i cant wait for 19 september so if i download the demo i'll be sweat for some couple days :jawa

Man i hope your right :D. But i can't play it anyway till friday because my computer was sold and i wont get the new one until then :( .
(and yes, this is my first post. Long time reader though, so i know all the rules and such. i figured i should starting getting involved in the discussions. :D )
 Dr_night
09-01-2003, 8:40 PM

You are my god!
*begins to kneel and worship him*
but if you lie I will throw a poisoned spork at you!
just kidding :rolleyes:
 Nobel Jedi
09-01-2003, 9:43 PM
Master William, i think i owe you a appoligy, i read the faq on gameplay on the official site, and it's in there. so Sorry
 Andy867
09-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Master William

If there is anything you want to know about the game, PM me for it, and I'll PM you back, I won't spoil it for others by posting it here.

EDIT: I got pms about that I have a demo, it's not the demo I have, it's the full game I have (and no, I didn't get it illegaly :p )

Actually, since you dont belong to the magazine that received the copy and didn't BUY the game either, then yes you did obtain it illegally.
 mariners2001
09-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
Actually, since you dont belong to the magazine that received the copy and didn't BUY the game either, then yes you did obtain it illegally.

LOL. Good point, but hey - it's not as bad as the pirates.
 The Cheat
09-02-2003, 12:26 AM
its still pretty bad since lucasarts doesnt get any money and you get the game early and for free
 Visac
09-02-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by mariners2001
LOL. Good point, but hey - it's not as bad as the pirates.

Are you sure? That means he got a copy that LucasArts sent to a magazine and not to him. Since he has the full version now do you really think he will buy a new copy when it is being released like he would have done before?
I don't think so... so its piracy. Simple :(

Vis
 Leo Soontar
09-02-2003, 12:30 AM
sad... just sad... :(

you have to be patience, my young padawan, september 19th isn't that far away... :D
 txa1265
09-02-2003, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by Visac
Are you sure? That means he got a copy that LucasArts sent to a magazine and not to him. Since he has the full version now do you really think he will buy a new copy when it is being released like he would have done before?
I don't think so... so its piracy. Simple :(

Vis Agreed. Not on one of my piracy rants here, but the BSA 'business software association' hunts down illegally installed software - things like when you have 25 licenses and 50 computers running MS Word or whatever. For them, what you have done would be very much the same as piracy - you have no disc, no proof of ownership, so it wouldn't matter whether or not you 'warez-ed' it or just got it from your friend.

BTW - I hope the demo info is correct - thanks for the JUICY rumor ;)

Mike
 JEDI OUTCAST
09-02-2003, 1:42 AM
we will have to see on the 3 september if this is true.:D
 JediofVengeance
09-02-2003, 2:59 AM
In another post, an individual claimed that from info he obtained from an "inside source", that the demo will be out September 3.
 Dr_night
09-02-2003, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by JediofVengeance
In another post, an individual claimed that from info he obtained from an "inside source", that the demo will be out September 3.
Well let's hope he's right
 Andy867
09-02-2003, 4:21 AM
I am currently awaiting a reply from Project Administrator of Raven, Kenn, to confirm whether or not the rumored demo date is true or not. So don't get your hopes up yet.
 Dr_night
09-02-2003, 4:26 AM
Originally posted by Nobel Jedi
Master William, i think i owe you a appoligy, i read the faq on gameplay on the official site, and it's in there. so Sorry
where on the official site did you see that?
 Dr_night
09-02-2003, 4:35 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
I am currently awaiting a reply from Project Administrator of Raven, Kenn, to confirm whether or not the rumored demo date is true or not. So don't get your hopes up yet.
too late.:mad:
 Anakin Skywalkr
09-02-2003, 4:47 AM
Jedi Elite 2003, I am still a bit.........puzzled on how this info came to you. Who is this mystery insider???.........how can you assure us that you ARE indeed telling the truth?
 Kurgan
09-02-2003, 5:38 AM
*cheesy fake accent*

We 'ave wayz ov making you talk...
 Crow_Nest
09-02-2003, 5:49 AM
In my country, 3rd setpember is the next day.
 Jedi Elite2003
09-02-2003, 5:57 AM
3rd september is demo I dont read i know it from some friends :D
:bdroid2:
 Silent_Thunder
09-02-2003, 6:43 AM
Not to sound rude (and my grammar is no shining example) but I have never actually seen truth in whatever a person who writes like Jedi Elite2003 claims.

Spelling aside, he doesn't even give any proof... Even the slightest hint of what occupation his "friend who knows people" has would help distinguish his claim over any other made up garbage without (possibly) endangering the career of Jedi's friend.

I'm personally waiting anxiously for the arrival of the game... and anything to tide me over for the time being would be very nice... But I really don't have much faith that a demo will really come out tomorrow, with no forewarning or anything (and I'm sure few other people do).

Maybe I should give the benifit of the doubt, but in this situation I'd much rather graciously appologize when proven wrong.
 mariners2001
09-02-2003, 7:05 AM
Originally posted by Silent_Thunder
Not to sound rude (and my grammar is no shining example) but I have never actually seen truth in whatever a person who writes like Jedi Elite2003 claims.

Spelling aside, he doesn't even give any proof... Even the slightest hint of what occupation his "friend who knows people" has would help distinguish his claim over any other made up garbage without (possibly) endangering the career of Jedi's friend.

I'm personally waiting anxiously for the arrival of the game... and anything to tide me over for the time being would be very nice... But I really don't have much faith that a demo will really come out tomorrow, with no forewarning or anything (and I'm sure few other people do).

Maybe I should give the benifit of the doubt, but in this situation I'd much rather graciously appologize when proven wrong.

ditto.

does anyone remember this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31189) ? ah the memories. lol
Page: 2 of 4