Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rumor: Two lightsabers

Page: 1 of 1
 Chew-Z
08-15-2003, 9:53 AM
In a german forum I heard the rumor,
that the two lightsabers have been kicked in the last second.
Is this true, I hope not.
 Rumor
08-15-2003, 10:12 AM
guess what, in these forums you get to hear from the rumor =)

no, they were not taken out.
 STTCT
08-15-2003, 10:37 AM
I heard a rumor too...

*points to rumor

That said. Yes they are going to be in the game. At least from all the sites I've read...
 Crow_Nest
08-15-2003, 10:56 AM
What do you mean kicked out? cant use it?:(

Nah, i dun think so, they won't kick the twosaber.
 StormHammer
08-15-2003, 1:47 PM
You shouldn't believe every rumour you hear on the net. Considering duel lightsabers is one of the key selling points for the game, it's highly unlikely they've taken them out. The resulting storm of bad feeling from the community would be a worse burden to bear than any potential problems in their implementationl.

The only thing related to sabers that we know won't be in the game is the ability to switch between single, duel and dualstaff, which was seen in one of the video footages from E3. That was just a cheat so the developer could show the three types of lightsabers in action. So you won't be able to join two lightsabers to make a lightstaff, or switch between them at will.

I think the rumour-mills are doing a bit of overtime. :rolleyes:
 HaruGlory89
08-15-2003, 2:05 PM
If they do kick dual sabers out, I'll save my money and buy something else.
 Neverhoodian
08-15-2003, 4:03 PM
Nah, they wouldn't kick the dual sabers. I mean, half of all Star Wars fans want to fight with dual sabers after seeing Anakin use two sabers in Episode II. (albeit for only twenty seconds or so. Now that I think about it, there was also Boc from JK) The other half want a double bladed saber:D . With Episode II still reasonably fresh in gamer's minds, and with the dual sabers being one thing they promised from the start, it will be included.
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
08-15-2003, 4:19 PM
This thread makes me unhappy :( , almost as much as the release push back threads :mad: .
 Andy867
08-15-2003, 4:35 PM
It would be madness for Raven to remove something that since they are basing the entire game primarily on saber combat and with Episode 2 and the great work of Dest and Tckoucky and others, the dual sabers became popular in Jedi Outcast, hence the reason for the game developer to introduce dual sabers as an option. Oh and the Release date has been confirmed Troopr-undr-fir.. It is set for 9/17/03
 Rumor
08-15-2003, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
You shouldn't believe every rumour you hear on the net.

only me :D
 Neverhoodian
08-15-2003, 5:50 PM
Just went on lucasarts.com and the main bit of news is the fact that JA has gone gold. It showed a picture of a human male holding two lightsabers. That should quiet the rumor-mongers for a bit.
 The Count
08-15-2003, 6:05 PM
Well if they do get rid of the Dual Sabers, then I will download the Warez copy!
 Kurgan
08-15-2003, 6:06 PM
What WOULD suck is if it were single player only. ; p

However, I doubt they would remove that, since they have told us all along its in there. Even if it were, they could always add it back in with a patch.

I'll keep an open mind, but yes, rumors are rumors. Now you got me started!
 Andy867
08-15-2003, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by The Count
Well if they do get rid of the Dual Sabers, then I will download the Warez copy!

Don't go all rash now because as we speak, Kenn Hoekstra is working with Activision lawyers to shut down all known and unknown websites that have any connection to the warez copy.
 boinga1
08-15-2003, 9:01 PM
Probably some guy downloaded a warez version without the dual sabers, or he couldn't figure out how to get them. Or he meybe was able to get the double saber, thoguht you could switch some daul to double, and assumed they had been removed when he couldn't switch.
 Obi-Wan X
08-15-2003, 9:08 PM
Nah, they wouldn't kick the dual sabers. I mean, half of all Star Wars fans want to fight with dual sabers after seeing Anakin use two sabers in Episode II. (albeit for only twenty seconds or so. Now that I think about it, there was also Boc from JK)

I remember it being more like THREE seconds...talk about bs!

There is no way that they'll be taking out twin sabers from JA, it would be an extremely dumb move. I also hope they include the Tavion and Desann stances for multiplayer and single player.
 Taran'atar
08-15-2003, 11:15 PM
The dual sabers is one of the main features they've been using to try to sell the game. I really doubt that they'd kick that feature now.
 HaruGlory89
08-16-2003, 1:01 AM
Now that I think about it, there was also Boc from JK

Did Boc use dual sabers? I thought he had a saberstaff.
 g//plaZma
08-16-2003, 1:14 AM
Originally posted by HaruGlory89
Did Boc use dual sabers? I thought he had a saberstaff.

Boc had dual sabers.
 The Cheat
08-16-2003, 1:26 AM
they are gonna have the two lightsabers, they would be insane not to include it in the game, its one of the biggest new features
 Kurgan
08-16-2003, 2:03 PM
Check out the new video... shows dual sabers in action in SP.

Of course, it's POSSIBLE that they were removed since then before it went gold, but why? It would make no sense...

I could see them being removed from Multiplayer because of some balancing issue (though I find it hard to believe they couldn't come up with a way to make it available AND balanced, if they can let you use a lightstaff), but not Single.

I'm just going to go along with everything we've heard so far and assume that they are both in Single and Multi, unless LA/Raven announces differently.
 Crow_Nest
08-16-2003, 2:59 PM
Check out the new video... shows dual sabers in action in SP.

Is it the E3 video? Yah i seen it already. cool:cool:
 ForTheNon-RPers
08-17-2003, 1:59 AM
A little off-topic, but i think it would be cool if you could turn off 1 end of the saberstaff and use yellow stance.
 boinga1
08-17-2003, 2:03 AM
You...can. :slsaber:

At least, according to a source that I forgot.
 Crow_Nest
08-17-2003, 4:48 AM
A little off-topic, but i think it would be cool if you could turn off 1 end of the saberstaff and use yellow stance.

Forcemod 2 style. But you still won't be able to use yellow that way.
 Thazac
08-18-2003, 5:20 PM
First of all you scared the living $#!7 out of me. I mean, since I did so in NWN i can't fight with anything but twin weapons (be they glowsticks or sharpened metal sticks).

Secondly I don't think they'd do it even if MS bribed them to do so for the PC version and only let X-Boxers fight with duals (It'd sure be like MS to do that :mad: ).
 Andy867
08-18-2003, 6:27 PM
Originally posted by ForTheNon-RPers

From what I can recall from an interview with Kenn Hoekstra and another Raven personnel working on JA, you will not be able to turn off one end of the saberstaff. Either they are both on or both off, no in between apparently. This is to further the balance, least that would be my guess as to why they programmed it that way.
Page: 1 of 1