Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Screens!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 taekwondo joe
05-28-2003, 11:58 PM
i dont think this has been posted yet, so here we go.

there are a ton of new ones on the official site, it shows a ploo-koon look alike that you can play as!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats awsome, it also shows a snow monster from empire strikes back that you get to fight, and chewy fighting with his bowcaster along side you!!!!!! this awsome, go see for your selfs
 Anakin1607
05-29-2003, 12:32 AM
It's nice to see they're bring some prequel aliens into the post classic triology era. That's rad.

Notice the Raven's Claw in one of the screens, so it's safe to say that Kyle definately acompanies you on at least one mission.
 Taos
05-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Man those look great! I can't wait to see more of them! I like the idea of riding on that Taun Taun. :D

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/)
[In case you don't have the link handy ;)]
 mariners2001
05-29-2003, 1:10 AM
hot damn!!!

a wookiee!!! (maybe chewie....it has a eye patch)
a sarlaac!!!
a wampa!!! (awesome screen!)
tatooine!!!
plo koon wannabe!!!
 Skinkie
05-29-2003, 1:33 AM
a wookiee!!! (maybe chewie....it has a eye patch)

I stared at that Wookie for awhile, but didn't see any eye patch, he does seem to have a ring of slightly darker fur on his head, but it might just be a shadow. I think It's Chewie.

Getting very excited for this game now.
 eastcoast2895
05-29-2003, 2:21 AM
i know this can be wishful thinking, but seein wookie working with you, could that possibly mean that their are levels that have two people in it meaning a possibility of coop mode?
 Khier
05-29-2003, 2:24 AM
I can only view 9 out of 18 of the screenshots on the official site. :confused:
 Uber_Saber
05-29-2003, 2:36 AM
Finally! We get to see the Kel Dor model! And what's with the Sandworm from Dune in a screenie? http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/13.jpg)

Odd. These look great, though. Great find.
 Wacky_Baccy
05-29-2003, 3:05 AM
Awesome screenies :)

My faith in Raven's ability has just gone up another notch after seeing these :D

Chewie looks fantastic, to say the least, and the Raven's Claw looks a damn sight better than in JO - I'm impressed :) The environments look considerably less bland as well... All looks to be going well on the development front.

Can't wait to be hung upside-down by the Wampa, too! :DPosted by Uber_Saber
And what's with the Sandworm from Dune in a screenie? http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/13.jpgMethinks) it be a Sarlacc (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/sarlacc) :) ...Or at least, I hope it is :D
 Emon
05-29-2003, 4:39 AM
We get a better glimpse of the more detailed worlds, as well as some of the huge outdoor areas they're going to have!
 Toa Tahu
05-29-2003, 5:32 AM
Did anyone notice new gauges and meters for your health,shields,force,and ridable vehicle life?!
 SettingShadow
05-29-2003, 5:53 AM
Wow, those look great. :D The Chewie model looks superb, as well as the Kel Dor (wich I have now dcided to play as :D).

Originally posted by Toa Tahu
Did anyone notice new gauges and meters for your health,shields,force,and ridable vehicle life?!

Yeah, I think they look cool, actually, I love them. :)
 HertogJan
05-29-2003, 6:28 AM
Yeah!! THX!!!

I love Sarlacc, Tatooine, Chewie, the Ravens Claw :)
 Toa Tahu
05-29-2003, 6:55 AM
Please forgive my ill-mindedness,but is the guy riding the Taun Taun in Screen 2 a Kel-Dorian?

Also,is it possible to destroy a AT-ST with 1 miserable single saber throw?:(
 txa1265
05-29-2003, 7:32 AM
Originally posted by Uber_Saber
Finally! We get to see the Kel Dor model! And what's with the Sandworm from Dune in a screenie? http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/13.jpg)

Odd. These look great, though. Great find.

You will be an offering to the almighty Sarlaac for your lack of vision ...

... say Hi to Boba for me ;)

I wonder in what context THAT occurs? And what's the '6' in yellow next to your force meter? Ammo count?

Mike
 HertogJan
05-29-2003, 9:07 AM
Probably your force count :) Nah, although I'd like to have a number represent your forcepool...
 StormHammer
05-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbsup:

Those new screenies are great. I think that Sarlacc is probably a young one, looking for a place to set up shop for the next 10000 years...or however long they live (if it really does take 1000 years to digest you).

I love the look of Chewie. The ship looks great. The Wampa looks like one big bad dude. It looks like you get to fight a few AT-ST's at the same time...

And of course....the Tauntaun riding looks like extreme fun. (For all you SW purists...notice I have removed the space from the word Tauntaun. :p )

And just in case no one noticed...they seem to have used the same Kel Dor character for all those screenies (except the Wampa one)...and that character is wearing appropriate cold-weather gear on Hoth. At last. *applauds Raven*

I have ever-increasing faith in this game. :D
 taekwondo joe
05-29-2003, 12:02 PM
man these screens are better than the trailer because they show just what i was hoping for and new would never happen, well it did, i get to play as a kel door or whatever its name, that will be my dark jedi, and a human for my light side jedi. and it is chewy, it has already been mentioned i think by gamespy that he is in the game, we just did not know his role till now, he is not just in cut scenes, but in the game, wahooo
 Uber_Saber
05-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
You will be an offering to the almighty Sarlaac for your lack of vision ...

... say Hi to Boba for me ;)

I don't know. The Sarlacc, even in the SE, didn't have a worm-like thing sticking up out of it. All it had were the tentacles and the beak. (The beak was added for the SE)

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't look like the Sarlacc to me.

Maybe it's just another species of Sarlacc, who knows?
 SettingShadow
05-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
And just in case no one noticed...they seem to have used the same Kel Dor character for all those screenies (except the Wampa one)...and that character is wearing appropriate cold-weather gear on Hoth. At last. *applauds Raven*

That would be cool, if you wear diffrent outfits depending of the climat of the planet you're on.. maybe not.. but I'm hoping. :D
 Prime
05-29-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Emon
We get a better glimpse of the more detailed worlds, as well as some of the huge outdoor areas they're going to have! They look like they are going to be fantastic! If they can capture the size of the JK levels, this game is going to be great.

Are we sure that the character we see is a Kel-Dor? All we see is the back of the head.
 SettingShadow
05-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Prime
They look like they are going to be fantastic! If they can capture the size of the JK levels, this game is going to be great.

Are we sure that the character we see is a Kel-Dor? All we see is the back of the head.

Take a look at those pics:

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/15.jpg)

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/12.jpg)

You see a bit of his breathing mask. :)
 StormHammer
05-29-2003, 1:03 PM
Originally posted by Prime
They look like they are going to be fantastic! If they can capture the size of the JK levels, this game is going to be great.

I totally agree. JK's levels were some of the largest I've played in a game, and I'm hoping Raven have finally achieved that kind of scale.

The Kel-Dor race has already been confirmed in an article as being in the game. It certainly looks like one to me. :)
 Prime
05-29-2003, 1:20 PM
The Kel-Dor race has already been confirmed in an article as being in the game. It certainly looks like one to me. :) Thanks guys. I wasn't doubting, just looking for confirmation :)

Thanks for posting thos screenshots Squater, I missed those the first time...
 Agen
05-29-2003, 3:03 PM
I am really glad that those levels look pretty damn big :D

Though, I don't think this pic has the snow looking realistic enough, i hope we have pretty deep footprints.
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/18.jpg)
 TheBlueFlamingo
05-29-2003, 3:12 PM
Screen, 8. On the right side near bottom, the cone thing, looks like the tip of the Moldy Crow's engin, maybe its Kyle's house? Spare parts. Some people said they didnt like the look of the new HUD, but the way i seee it is the old HUD was Kyle's, and the new one is your charachter's, its a personal thing. But it looks better than it did in the E3 video, it looks smaller, and has the numbers under it instead of top of it. Sweet stuff, improoving everytime I see it, I'm lookign forward to it now, well more than before.
 StormHammer
05-29-2003, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Though, I don't think this pic has the snow looking realistic enough, i hope we have pretty deep footprints.

I have to agree looking at that picture. It looks too grey. They really, seriously need to brighten the snow and add some light blue in there. It would be great if they could make it shiny as well.

I agree about the footprints, too. They had footprints for the snow levels in SOF/SOF2, so I don't see any reason why it would not be included in JA.
 txa1265
05-29-2003, 4:22 PM
I have to agree looking at that picture. It looks too grey. They really, seriously need to brighten the snow and add some light blue in there. It would be great if they could make it shiny as well.

I agree about the footprints, too. They had footprints for the snow levels in SOF/SOF2, so I don't see any reason why it would not be included in JA.

Little things do matter ... I was playing SoFII again last night (SP) and when you're in an area with broken glass your footsteps make a crunch, but one that is distinct from the snow crunch they used (which was pretty good, from someone who heard that sound too much this winter ;) )

As for level size - JKII had a couple of places where the levels were pretty big. But JK was something ... I remember being physically exhausted finishing some of those levels. JKII came close with a couple, but it will be a challenge for Raven to come up with levels that have all of the detail we want and the large size ... and still load in a reasonable time. Personally I'd take Postal 2-type load times if I'm rewarded with levels so long they break my spirit ;)

Mike
 Icemaniax
05-29-2003, 4:32 PM
that is chewie! He's the only Wookie i've seen that has the Shoulderstrap for his Bowcaster!! *makes wookie growl noise*
 PrimoSidone
05-29-2003, 6:50 PM
i still dont see the saber blades turn into those of ep2 :(:( i REALLY want that as standart
 txa1265
05-29-2003, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
i still dont see the saber blades turn into those of ep2 :(:( i REALLY want that as standart

Pardon my cluelessness ... what do you mean?
 taekwondo joe
05-29-2003, 8:18 PM
i think he means fatness, a fater blade, am i right??
 PrimoSidone
05-29-2003, 8:26 PM
yup
 Sargasso
05-29-2003, 11:42 PM
I don't see much by way of the new screens that is indicative of anything overwhelmingly positive (as per my tastes, of course).

The worm-like creature is merely a combination of attributes from a few sources, namely Tremors, Dune, and other B-Movies that would pain me to be recalled.

The architecture in the shots is overtly simplistic, relying too heavily on textures. This only works for me if the textures make masterful use of the space they are given.
 JDKnite188
05-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Tatooine impressed me the most. The textures and atmosphere look great for what was provided in screenshots. It was better than what I imagined. Tatooine had the busy look that JO's Nar sadly lacked.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but one of the dark jedi (i assume they are) was using Force Rage! At least he was using some force power that created a red colored static field around the individual as seen when using Force Rage from JK2 MP.

This is great stuff. I am also glad to know that many creatures will make appearances in this game.
 Gabrobot
05-30-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Sargasso
The worm-like creature is merely a combination of attributes from a few sources, namely Tremors, Dune, and other B-Movies that would pain me to be recalled.

As mentioned before, it's a Sarlacc...something that has been in the Star Wars universe since Return of the Jedi. The only difference here is that it's a younger one that hasn't settled down yet...

The Sarlacc (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/sarlacc/)
 The Count
05-30-2003, 9:32 AM
No offence at Major Clod, who is\was one of the best Modellers in this place but that Wookie Model looks for superior, however this could be in my opinion down to skinning.
 t3rr0r
05-30-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Count_D00ku
No offence at Major Clod, who is\was one of the best Modellers in this place but that Wookie Model looks for superior, however this could be in my opinion down to skinning.
true, but remember... the wookiee was one of his first jo creations.

on a slightly related note, i think the head on clod's tusken raider looks superior to raven's... raven's looks a little fat headed.
 zERoCooL2479
05-30-2003, 11:19 AM
LOL...Chewy's 57 pound head..
 Kurgan
05-30-2003, 11:44 AM
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/13.jpg)

He who controls the Spice, controls the universe...

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS OF MUA'DIB!!!

Heh, couldn't resist! ; )

Seriously, I think the point we're making is that it looks MORE like the worms from Dune and LESS like the Sarlacc. There are plenty of borrowings in Star Wars from Dune, so this isn't a big thing, I just think its funny how similar it really is (like the Mallocs from JK in the Unreal2 screenshots.. remember those?). An homage is an homage...

Nice to see those new HUDs, the wookie NPC and hints of Kyle's involvement in the story. That screen showing the lightsaber being tossed is very "Outcast Like." That poor guy getting scooped up by the Wampa looks sad... almost comical. He must have taken a severe beating to get strung up like that (yet he can still hold onto his saber). Looks odd to be sure....
 Gabrobot
05-30-2003, 1:33 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure but it looks like you might be able to control the player while in the grip of the Wampa...
 taekwondo joe
06-05-2003, 9:08 PM
i hope so
 Ob_1 ken_OB
06-07-2003, 3:09 AM
To see the latest ones go to Galatichunter.com (http://www.galactichunter.com/special_reports/jedi_academy.asp) there is an interview and some new screenshots. Although the quality is not as good as lucasart's ones.:(
Page: 1 of 1