Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have a question

Page: 1 of 1
 Ganner
05-13-2003, 7:23 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine about a week ago asked me a question concerning Dark Forces. He was wondering who boasted to Kyle in regards to the destructive firepower of the Darktroopers and what planet did Kyle find this individual on. I played the game years ago and when I tried to replay the game, my sound would not work for some reason. That makes it really hard to answer his question. :(

Can someone help me with this question? Thanks. :)
 chris the cynic
05-13-2003, 8:10 PM
I think the only guy who really boasted was the weapns guy, but he didn't talk. It was just stated that he said some stuff in a breifing.
 Solbe M'ko
05-13-2003, 8:42 PM
That big rotating sprite was the second best part of the game! The best was, of course, the GINORMOUS codpeice on the end boss.
 Katarn07
05-13-2003, 9:31 PM
Highlight this white box to get your answer.

The answer you are looking for is Moff Rebus, who was hiding in the sewers of Anoat City (on the planet Anoat, in the system Anoat :p).

Hope that is what you meant.
 chris the cynic
05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
So he is the only one who does the gloating?
 Ganner
05-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Thanks all.

That is who I was thinking of Katarn, I just was not sure since I don't have sound right now.

Was there anyone else who gloated to Katarn?
 Geoffrey S
05-14-2003, 3:58 PM
The end boss.
Wasn't 'Moff' a title in the Imperial hierarchy? Like Grand Moff Tarkin? Because Rebus doesn't seem to be the sort of person with a title.
 chris the cynic
05-14-2003, 4:35 PM
It could be that he took it out of arogance, or that it was honoray for the good he did in making all those fun weapons, or even that it was his first name (and thus his parents fault)
 Ganner
05-14-2003, 6:18 PM
Yes, Moff is a rank within the Imperial military. A moff was the commander of a system or sector and controlled its defensive and political structure.

So Mohc boasted to Katarn (in person) about the Dark Troopers and their power as well? Even though Katarn had all but decimated the manufactering capabilies of the troopers?
 Katarn07
05-14-2003, 7:31 PM
Originally posted by Ganner
Yes, Moff is a rank within the Imperial military. A moff was the commander of a system or sector and controlled its defensive and political structure.

So Mohc boasted to Katarn (in person) about the Dark Troopers and their power as well? Even though Katarn had all but decimated the manufactering capabilies of the troopers?

Well, since no one else is using spoiler tags (shame on you all :p ), I guess I won't bother.

Kyle took Rebus from the sewers. He told the Rebel Intelligence officers who interrogated him about the weapons he designed. He let some info out about where the weapons were made, and that let Kyle restart his quest for the DTs... This is early on in the game. By the way...

Mohc and Kyle only come face to face one time in the game, Mohc doesn't walk away...

So no, Mohc did not gloat to Katarn about anything, but rather...

to Vader. Vader doubts the DTs abilities and senses the Force is with Katarn. To put Vader's worries to rest, Mohc hires Boba Fett to stop Kyle from coming near the project. Boba doesn't do to well of a job...
 chris the cynic
05-14-2003, 8:56 PM
In fact Mohc simply calls Kyle a worthy opponent and then tries to kill him.
 Geoffrey S
05-15-2003, 2:05 PM
True enough; got the meaning of gloat somewhat mixed up.
Page: 1 of 1