Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monkey Island: The Next Chapter

Page: 1 of 2
 mymipage
05-04-2003, 8:28 PM
This is the new official thread for the community comic since the other thread is for ideas :) You can now comment on all the comic pages.

Go to the Comic Page (http://www.brimstonebc.com/comic1.php)
 Junior™
05-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Paco's page is awesome. I love the Ron Gilbert reference...
 Joshi
05-05-2003, 3:16 PM
Hey, mymipage, thanx for putting the comments page up on my two pages, I owe ya one (don't know how I'll pay you back, but I owe ya one anyway.)
 Gaia
05-05-2003, 3:54 PM
Hi there!
This comunity comic idea is just great!
I'd be very glad to join it!
Am I in?? :)
 mymipage
05-05-2003, 3:54 PM
Neil, You could pay me back by putting all your art work and future art work on the BSBC ;)

Of course you can be in it Gaia :) You're on the list!
 Joshi
05-05-2003, 4:11 PM
Mymipage, what many people don'ty seem to realise despite my best efforts to tell people is that my work on Worldofmi is not exclusive to worldofmi. if you want all 26 pic there, you ahve my full permission to basically take them from worldofmi (or cheat and just host them off there, i won't tell know one).

you know, what we'll talk more privatly about this, PM me, or send me an email at neil_joshi@hotmai.com adn we'll talk, otherwise, just take them, you have my permission. here's the link.
http://www.worldofmi.com/features/fan/art/?artist=42)
 mymipage
05-05-2003, 4:54 PM
will do
 Atalante
05-07-2003, 6:23 PM
may i join in too?
 mymipage
05-08-2003, 6:24 PM
of course :)
 mymipage
05-24-2003, 7:08 PM
to be updated tomorrow...
 Blaze_Marley-Flamestrike
05-25-2003, 11:40 PM
I can do the next page if you want, just e-mail ( flamestrike@monkeymug.com ) me to tell me mymipage. I won't be coming back here.
 Kenley
05-26-2003, 4:31 PM
:D When is it my turn??? And I love the new page...It took a while to make eh?:cool:
 mymipage
05-27-2003, 7:22 PM
Out of random choice - Kenley - you have been chosen to do Page 4. Good Luck!! ;)
 Gaia
05-28-2003, 7:28 AM
May I take care of page 5, then??
I'm so impatient :p
 mymipage
05-28-2003, 5:48 PM
we'll wait till Kenley has Page 4 done and see how things go :)
 Maria-Elaine
05-29-2003, 3:04 PM
Hi out there!^^
Though I'm from Germany, I'd love to do one of the comic-pages! 'zat possible? *blinks* If possible, tell me which number of page I should do, if I'm in.It's a great idea to do such a project and the artists who already have submitted their pages have my greatest respect! GUYS, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!:D
 mymipage
05-30-2003, 7:26 PM
You're from Germany? No, can't let you into the comic. I know we already let Atalante in, but 2 is just too much. That was a joke in case you were going to take it seriously.

Of course you can join. I'll tell you the page you have to draw when the time comes around :) Thanks for joining ;)
 Maria-Elaine
05-31-2003, 6:05 PM
oh, great!:) I already have some possible ideas, but I think we'll wait for the next pages...I'm very curios what they look like ф.ф .

I've seen there are a lot of different nationalities among the drawers(Italy, Canada, Ireland....), thats pretty cool, isn't it?:cool:
well, good luck to all artists! :p <-M-E is raising her anchors and ships away:elaine: :sweating:
 Kenley
06-02-2003, 4:29 AM
:D Thank-you mymipage:D

I am finishing grade 11:fett: tomoorow!!! Hell ya!
:rolleyes: To bad I can't spell thou ;) but ya
I will get that monkey comic page out as soon as posibble:p Which will be soon...

:confused: Now what shoul;d I draw???
 Maria-Elaine
08-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Is there anybody who could update this page?=(
Or did I miss a message where the comic is stopped?
or has it somehting to do with the server-crash?
---questions over questions...---
kenley, are you out there??<-ME wants to draw a page too^^
well, bye then....*sniff*:confused:
I hope somebody will answer me..*hops around nervously*

:sheepdanc
 Maria-Elaine
08-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Is there anybody who could update this page?=(
Or did I miss a message where the comic is stopped?
or has it somehting to do with the server-crash?
---questions over questions...---
kenley, are you out there??<-ME wants to draw a page too^^
well, bye then....*sniff*
I hope somebody will answer me..*hops around nervously*

:sheepdanc
 Joshi
08-21-2003, 10:21 AM
BSBC is down because of the mojo server thing (BSBC was being hosted by The Scummbar which in turn was being hosted by the mojo server which is down). You'll have to wait until MOJO is back to get the comic.
 mymipage
08-21-2003, 4:25 PM
The BSBC is in Mini Version at http://www.tlkwebdesign.com/bsbc) - You should go there for news and BSBC stuff :) Anyway, I haven't heard anything from Kenley and I don't know when the next page will be done.

Kenley, if you're around tell us when the page will be finished, if you don't reply within 3 days I'm going to pass the next page onto Maria-Elaine.
 Kenley
08-24-2003, 5:14 AM
I have been haveing family problems, my computer crashed and I completely forgot bout this...soooo sorry :(

I should have a page in about 4 days if you want..or you can give it to Elaine to do and I go later or something...

Im so sorry again...
 mymipage
08-24-2003, 9:38 PM
hey Kenley. Yeah, you draw it :)
 Kenley
08-26-2003, 6:31 AM
:D Here it is!
I just finished it now and I hope you guys and girlz like it...

I have it on my personal site right now... Point yur mouse to:

www.geocities.com/toxicratlove/bsbc_page04.jpg)

I'm sooo sorry once again for me forgetting:confused:

I hope the world of mi and the normal bsbc site will be up soon :D
 Kenley
08-26-2003, 6:48 AM
:deathii: The death star seems to have screwed my personal page :deathstar

If you have troubles first go to www.geocities.com/toxicratlove/) then once that has loaded then type in bsbc_page04.jpg infront of the toxicratlove part like below.... toxicratlove/BSBC_PAGE04.JPG

Let me know if it doesn't work please:evanpiel:
 Maria-Elaine
08-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Kenley, it doesn't work neither the first way, nor the second....
maybe you should send it to mymipage so he can post it somewhere?
Naa...whatever, I'm really interested in your page and I hope that I can compete with the other artists *hides somewhere creepy and dark*
I think I'll go visit this temporarely(uh, was that spelled right???=)
page of the BSBC. BYE, FOLKS!^-^
:mob:
 Kenley
08-28-2003, 5:10 AM
Hmmmmm.....copy and paste the below link into the browser thing. That seams to work for me... and mymipage if you could send me yur email to xtremex2000@hotmail.com then I can send you the page as well!

www.geocities.com/toxicratlove/bsbc_page04.jpg)

And Maria-Elaine... I wouldn't worry;) I can't say my page is a good as PACO's :fett:

~Kenley Browne
 Maria-Elaine
08-28-2003, 1:04 PM
strange...yesterday I submitted a post but it isn't here....
anyway: mymipage, could you send me the THIRD page of the comic, because I can't remember it and it's necessary for my page, okay? The page of Kenley did work at last and I must say: you did a good job!(I hope I can say that for myself*hide*)

oh, here's my e-mail-address, mymipage: Maria-Elaine@gmx.de

Thank you!- M-E:D :atat:
 Maria-Elaine
08-28-2003, 4:00 PM
man! That's the third try to post something!*kicks her PC*

as I tried to say before:
Kenley, it does work now and I think you did a good job with the page!(everybody seems to use Photoshop except me*sniff*)

Mymipage, if it should be my turn now, could you send me the THIRD page of the comic(I think paco did it), because I need this part of the story for a continuation, okay?*smile*

My E-Mail-address is: Maria-Elaine@gmx.de

Thank you!°^.^° :atat:
 Maria-Elaine
08-28-2003, 4:04 PM
okay....I H A T E my PC.....
well, now you should have it twice..better than nothing*cough*

:confused:
 Kenley
08-28-2003, 4:23 PM
:D Thanxs for the kind words...
Ya I didn't use Photoshop to color or draw my page of the comic...
I used a program that was around about 5 years ago but its my fav.!!!

Good Luck on your page!:p
 Maria-Elaine
09-03-2003, 2:45 PM
Yay!hello everyone!
ME is going to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean:the Curse of the black pearl" tonight!!!*happy dancing*
You know what? In Germany it's called "Fluch der Karibik", which means "The curse of the Caribbean".........*sigh*
now, that's a shortcut, or what?=)
Arrrr! to you all mighty pirates out there!
Bye, M-E:D
 Kenley
09-18-2003, 6:07 AM
:confused: Hey Eliane...Did you get my email I sent you with the pictures in it?

If not I could send them again... :)
 Maria-Elaine
09-21-2003, 4:56 PM
No, Kenley, I'm afraid I didn't get them..
yeah, try to send them again:)

by the way, what pictures? the first pages of the comic? this would be very nice, cause I really wanna start the page^^
where has mymipage been lately?(maybe on vacation on Vacation Island(tm):D

Today was the fourth time I went into Pirates of the Caribbean!(I know, I'm crazy...) Is it still in theatres in USA?

Uuuh, I'm so happy that there will be a sequel!!!!*dance*

Bye, folks!
P.S.: Aaargh! I missed the official "talk like a pirate day"!!*desperation*
 Kenley
09-22-2003, 4:37 AM
I Still Have Not Seen PotC :( But I may in about 2 weeks lol....and yes it is stll showing in the theaters here in Canada!

I will send you page 3 and then you have a link to my new one on this page... Unfortunatly I only needed page 3 to make mine so thats the only one I saved :mad: Hopefully the page helps :S and works ;)
 Maria-Elaine
09-25-2003, 4:40 PM
kenley, I'm sorry, but I still didn't get any mail..
are you sure that the mail-address is correct?
it is: Maria-Elaine@gmx.de

but it's okay, if you only have the third page, I don't need the other ones for my page.(I already got an idea how to get rid of the troll^^)

You absolutely HAVE to go into PotC!!!Do it!*jumps*
You won't regret it!

see ya!*hops away*;) :atat:
 Maria-Elaine
09-29-2003, 5:29 PM
Thanks, Kenley! Now I got it!
But what was that strange Name? I almost erased your mail because of it? schould it be an emoticon or something? :confused:
Whatever, thanks again, I hope I can do the page in the next time.
Mymipage, where are you?*searches the microwave*
Kenley,you tell me, when you have seen PotC, right?
Bye!:wavey:
 Kenley
09-30-2003, 9:56 PM
:atat: lol....Im not too sure but my name means MAGIC in another language...
It may be German but then you would know right? It also may be Irish but I dout it....anywayz...I will look it up again :ewok:

Ya I haven't seen PotC yet and Im wondering where mymipage is as well...

The World Of MI is back up and I asked if they could post the link to my new page but they never did :S Maybe a Jawa Got ahold of it or something...anyways...Glad you go it ;)
 mymipage
10-19-2003, 4:05 PM
I'm here. My internet went crazy on me for the last two months or so. Anything you need to ask me, please do so now :) thanks!

Anyone know when Mojo are coming back?
 Kenley
10-19-2003, 11:43 PM
lol...
Welcome back mymipage ;)
Anywayz, I was wondering if you could add my page to the comic page. BTW when will the old pictures be back up?

Also, I was wondering if you coulkd let worldofmi.com know of the new page to the comic. I told some admin by emailing them about a month or so ago and he never posted to the main page.

Glad to see you back and ummmmmm...
Ya! YIPPY!!!
lol...sorry too much sugar :D

When will your page be done Eliane? I CAN'T WAIT :D:D:D:D:D but you know... I shouldn't talk :S cause we all know how long mine took :(
 Maria-Elaine
10-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Oh, my... a second page? And I was wondering what happend that no one replied^^
as for the page: now that I know somebody waits for it, I'll begin drawing(sketch is done for storyline, just have to draw it now^^)
as we have fall-holidays in Germany now, I also have enough time to do it, so don't worry- *in a creepy voice*: "iiiit will coome soohooon....harharhar!!!"
And I'm also glad that mymipage is still there, though the BSBC isn't...when will it be online again? does anybody know?
anyway, I'm talking to much, work awaits!*grabbs a pencil*
Bye!- M.-E. :hatchrun: :wid: :yeldance: :sign2:
 mymipage
10-21-2003, 8:40 PM
I'll try get back to the BSBC as soon as possible, we should have a few events coming up soon too :). Right now you can still visit it at http://www.tlkwebdesign.com/bsbc) although that hasn't been updated in months.

The internet not working kind of put a downer on things but apart from that I've also been busy with other projects, not to do with LucasArts or the gaming community.

I'll get onto the WMI to update about your page Kenley, as you can see, they were busy with the new designs so they mightn't have paid too much attention to the e-mail, if they got it.

Looking forward to the next page,

mymipage
 Kenley
10-22-2003, 2:08 AM
Sweet!
lol... I love Worldofmi ne style :D:D:D

And hey ya they also have a new link called submit news so that may help me out in the future to submit news to them...

Anywayz...I can't wait for the new page :D:D:D It is like aiting for ummmmm.... Monkey Island 5 or PotC 2!!!! (even thou I still haven't seen PotC :()

It will be interesting what you have for your page cause I had ideas of my own...hehe...it shall be interesting ;)
 Maria-Elaine
11-10-2003, 7:41 AM
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to say that I'm working on the page, I'm not lost in some underground tunnel-system between two Islands...^^
but I think I need some more time, because my friend has her birthday-party on saturday and I'd like to draw a calendar for her..
so you can expect the mi-page round the next week, okay?
I'm also halfway through, just have to colour the rest.

See you soon!-ME^^ :elaine:
 Maria-Elaine
12-15-2003, 6:57 AM
well, um, I seem to post here once a month...
I'm sorry that it takes such a long time, but I haven't forgotten it!
I'm 2/3 through and we have holidays again next week, so I can promise, it will be here before next year^-----^

mymipage, what's going on about the BSBC?

well, see you next time!-ME:3headed:
 mymipage
12-23-2003, 5:59 PM
No rush with the page Maria-Elaine, take as long as you want. I think most people have forgotten about the BSBC anyway. I haven't even thought about it myself. My computer got a virus during and after the Mojo downtime and that stopped everything. Now I'm working on another website and have to dedicate a lot of time to that. I don't know what's going to happen wth the BSBC, no one else (apart from you) seems interested. I'll talk about it with ED soon.
 mymipage
01-03-2004, 10:25 PM
*** Site was updated with four pages of the comic ***
 Maria-Elaine
01-04-2004, 6:11 PM
oh, great! now maybe somebody else gets intersted in the comic too..^^
oh, I'm really excited!You'll get the page very soon!
but I also have to say that I can't see any of the pages...but that could also be the fault of my PC*grr*
I think Kenley did a post here, where he had a link to his page..but if you can't find it, I'm going to send it to you along with my page, okay?^^
oh, by the way, what does it mean when I'm a patron?am I talking a lot?*grin*

Bye!!- M.-E. (you see? _I'M_ ME^^):luke:
Page: 1 of 2