Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First force pic!!! yea

Page: 2 of 2
 Blademaster_109
05-07-2003, 8:38 PM
it has to be push. and welcome to the boards
 Vagabond
05-08-2003, 1:19 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Hmmm...seen those screens before. But as you mention it...with the first one and the Force power, I've been trying to figure out which Force power it is that's being used. I don't recall a blue glowing ball effect in JO anywhere... It could be a new Force power, or an enhanced older one...

Silly rabbit, that's clearly a picture of Force Blow Bubble :cool:
 Solbe M'ko
05-08-2003, 2:03 AM
But he isn't holding his Merr Sonn Bubble Blowing Ring. Maybe it's Force Splash.
 Kurgan
05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
and also the ability to combine Force Powers to unleash a deadly Force Combo, like gripping someone and then throwing your lightsaber, which would kill the target instantly

Of course we could already do that in JK2 SP, but I get the point.
 Tomppa1988
05-18-2003, 4:57 AM
IT'S FORCE PUSH!!! watch the trailer and u'll see that there's a guy pushing a rock away, and there's that animation...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/default.htm)
 StormHammer
05-18-2003, 6:51 PM
Originally posted by Tomppa1988
IT'S FORCE PUSH!!! watch the trailer and u'll see that there's a guy pushing a rock away, and there's that animation...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/default.htm)

Yeah, you do see that effect...but I'm actually wondering if it's more of a generic 'Use of the Force' effect, because you still see the wind effect for Push. If it is...then they really don't need it, because it makes the Force look like a magic spell, and it isn't.

I've always viewed the Force as more of a telekinetic ability used to manipulate the environment and elements to your will.

For Force Push and Pull, they could just keep the wind effect, which isn't too distracting, IMHO. And a sort of glowy ball thing would work well for Absorb, because you see a similar effect in AOTC when Yoda absorbs Dooku's lightning.
 Matariel
05-23-2003, 7:31 AM
ive always thought that using the force as strongly as, say, yoda in the swamp moving the X-Wing, should show a visual effect- rather than just the heavy bass rumbling like they put into the special edition trilogy.
That 'bubble' looks kinda like a refraction effect, but its hard to tell with such a small screenshot and only one frame of it. It is possible to do simple refraction effects like that with q3 (using the mirror effects and such to 'fake' it) but it would be cool to see things like that with lvl3 push or pull and things like that.

Im sure its push anyway, theres no enemy to absorb anything, and its not lightning or that dark frenzy thingy.

Just one other thing, i hope that the push/pull of ALL entities that was in jk1 will be re-introduced in JA, jk2 MP didnt have it at all- that sucked. It was way easier to pull peoples weapons away from them in jk1 too, and you could just pull em back again! oooh what fun!! But seriously, pullin weapons or health from a fair way away just when you need it is a really cool feature, and we've seen jedi do it for years. You could even make it so two people could each pull an item towards each other! theyd fight for it and it would hang in the air!! haha!

okay...i gotta lay off the caffiene...
 StormHammer
05-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Matariel
ive always thought that using the force as strongly as, say, yoda in the swamp moving the X-Wing, should show a visual effect- rather than just the heavy bass rumbling like they put into the special edition trilogy.

Blech... I'd have to disagree. *shudders*

Just one other thing, i hope that the push/pull of ALL entities that was in jk1 will be re-introduced in JA, jk2 MP didnt have it at all- that sucked. It was way easier to pull peoples weapons away from them in jk1 too, and you could just pull em back again! oooh what fun!! But seriously, pullin weapons or health from a fair way away just when you need it is a really cool feature, and we've seen jedi do it for years. You could even make it so two people could each pull an item towards each other! theyd fight for it and it would hang in the air!! haha!

Yeah...I hope they've worked on Pull and Push for 'entities' as well. I noticed recently in MP, I had to pull some ammo from behind a mine trap another player had laid...and I had to get really close to do it. And it only worked a couple of times, not all the time. For things like that, Force Pull should work consistently every time and from much further away, or it's pointless.

I also think that the amount of Force power used up for Pull and Push should depend on the size of the object, too...so small things like bacta tanks and ammo only need a very small (negligible) amount of Force power...but large things (like, say, an X-Wing), should drain a lot of Force Power.

Anyway, after hearing about the gravity gun in Half-Life 2...I'm more eager than ever to see a 'levitate' type Force power in JA, so that you can pick up a boulder or rip a piece of large pipe off the wall and throw it at some enemies using the Force. That would just plain rock. ;)
 Uber_Saber
05-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Kind of like 'Throw', Storm? I loved that power in JK. I hope they put something similar in JA.

That thing looks ridiculous, especially if it's just a generic 'Use of the Force' animation.
 Matariel
05-23-2003, 12:00 PM
i'd really love to see a rippling of the ground or air when using a big force effect, like Neo when he goes superman, that kind of thing- it makes a bigger impact than just a simple rumbling sound...probably not really possible because of the BSP system, but hey, it'd be cool
Also limited by the BSP system is the pulling and throwing of world objects to hurt people, like Vader in Empire Strikes Back...if you could "force throw" ANYTHING in the level, that would really be cool, like throw around speeders and bantha, hhaha! that would be sooo cool, just chuck a big fat bantha into a group of your enemies, SPLAT!! a satisfying kill
Page: 2 of 2