Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GoldGuy Animation For JA

Page: 1 of 1
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 9:26 AM
I just read about the fact that LEC have put up their E3 page in preparation for E3 (from jediknightii.net0. You can find it here (http://lucasarts.com/e3/)

I mention this because there's something so funny on that page related to Jedi Academy. Wait for the whole page to load, including the logo top left. Then click on one of the little flashing boxes directly underneath the logo (the one on the left), and wait for the animation to load.

I laughed my butt off. :rofl:
 leXX
04-16-2003, 9:59 AM
Whoa, how cool is that? :lol:

Thnx for the heads up. ;)
 Solo4114
04-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Hmm....looks like they may have increased sabre blocking vs. blasters for this one. :)
 The_One
04-16-2003, 10:16 AM
That's pretty neat. Totally missed that earlier ;)
 GonkH8er
04-16-2003, 10:37 AM
see, if any of you infidels visited www.jediknight.net) and saw the NEWS I posted then you'd know this :)

but noooooooooooooo..........
 -=ReApEr=-
04-16-2003, 10:40 AM
That looks like you can use one double saber in one hand then force in other :eek:
 Gav
04-16-2003, 12:34 PM
pretty dang cool
 txa1265
04-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Does that mean one of the species is 'Gold Guy'?:D

Did anyone else notice (I haven't checked the other threads) that release date is back to Fall 2003? Hope that sticks ...

Mike
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
Does that mean one of the species is 'Gold Guy'?:D

That would make a great Easter Egg, to see Gold Guy dancing with a saber in the game - or maybe do a 'Max The Rabbit' from JK. :D
 txa1265
04-16-2003, 2:55 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I don't know what you meant to post txa1265...but all I'm seeing is a copy of your previous post. :confused:

Terribly sorry ... for some reason LucasForums and I are having some difficulties today ... I have to reload each time I post. This one got double-posted somehow (and now deleted).

As for the Gold Guy easter egg ... anywhere would be fun - even somewhere on a wall or in swirling water ...
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
Terribly sorry ... for some reason LucasForums and I are having some difficulties today ... I have to reload each time I post. This one got double-posted somehow (and now deleted).

NP. I have the same trouble myself sometimes. ;)

As for the Gold Guy easter egg ... anywhere would be fun - even somewhere on a wall or in swirling water ...

Yeah. :thumbsup: I still like the idea of a level where Gold Guy fights by your side though. That would be so funny... :D
 Blademaster_109
04-16-2003, 4:18 PM
That was cool espically how he joined them together
:lsduel:
 boinga1
04-16-2003, 5:01 PM
:lol: that's the best Gold Guy animation ever...
 Iblis Reborn
04-16-2003, 7:00 PM
lol!
i never noticed that!
thats the best!
the gladius one is funny too but the galaxies one isnt too great
 Blademaster_109
04-16-2003, 7:13 PM
i hope combat will be like that for the double headed light saber
 t3rr0r
04-16-2003, 8:04 PM
/me hopes that the blaster deflecting animations are that cool in the game
 master_thomas
04-16-2003, 8:27 PM
double headed light saber

Are we talking about siamese twins? Sorry, I looked at that and it was funny. I'll look now. Sounds good.
 master_thomas
04-16-2003, 8:37 PM
It was very good, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that being the real animations. They always seem to add things that could be in for the Gold Guy animations. Bounty Hunter had Jango Fett wrap him in the whip cord and fly off with the jedtpack dragging Gold Guy behind (poor, Gold Guy). You can't pull people with the whipcord. In Rogue Leader, it showed a huge number of stormies dancing in what looks like the surface of the deathstar. They hold up yellow cards, whihc make the shape of Gold Guy. There is no dancing in Rogue Leader (at least none that I don't know about lol).

Gold Guy, the force is with you. Wait, two traits remind me of Kyle. Blue lightsaber (JK2) and access to the lightning. Seems to hve followed the same intermediate path of the force as Kyle.
 Wacky_Baccy
04-17-2003, 3:25 AM
Posted by Stormy
I just read about the fact that LEC have put up their E3 page in preparation for E3 (from jediknightii.net). You can find it here (http://lucasarts.com/e3/)

I mention this because there's something so funny on that page related to Jedi Academy. Wait for the whole page to load, including the logo top left. Then click on one of the little flashing boxes directly underneath the logo (the one on the left), and wait for the animation to load.ROFL!

Awesome! :D

*runs off to make avatar out of it* :D

*2 hours of googling and slave labour later...*

...Unk, it looks SO much better at 200+kBytes... Oh well :( :D

Thanks for the heads-up Stormy :thumbsup:
 StormHammer
04-17-2003, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
*runs off to make avatar out of it* :D

*2 hours of googling and slave labour later...*

...Unk, it looks SO much better at 200+kBytes... Oh well :( :D

Thanks for the heads-up Stormy :thumbsup:

Heh. Trust you to do something like that. ;)

Nice job on that avatar. :D :thumbsup:
 Tesla
04-17-2003, 9:15 AM
Not bad thanks for that StormHammer ;)
 greedo626
04-17-2003, 10:36 AM
sweet. it would be super cool if you could join two lightsabers together like that in the game. I can wait for a preview:D
 taekwondo joe
04-17-2003, 11:10 AM
omg that is so cool, man, awsome thanx for the heads up!!!!!! any, wy wont my sig work???
 Taos
04-17-2003, 1:07 PM
Thanks for sharing that Stormy, I probably never would have figured that out. :)

Sweet avatar Wacky! :D

Originally posted by taekwondo joe
wy wont my sig work???

I believe it's because you haven't paid the 900 points to acquire the sig image. Just keep posting [try not to spam] and you will have the points before you know it. Also, people could donate points to you. Anyways....LucasForums store. (http://www.lucasforums.com/store.php?s=&action=main) :)
 Wacky_Baccy
04-17-2003, 3:02 PM
Posted by Leemu
Sweet avatar Wacky! :DThankies XDPosted by StormHammer
Heh. Trust you to do something like that. ;)You know me... :D

Seeing as I was the first to have the JK][ icon as an avvy, I thought I'd better keep up appearences and do something with this :D

It was painfully hard work getting it down to size, though :eek: Nice job on that avatar. :D :thumbsup: Thanks :D

If I ever get myself a sigpic, I might put the full version in there for a while... If I can make it less huge X.x;

These sorts of things are what set LEC apart from the rest, IMHO... I dearly hope that in the future they make a custom in-house engine to continue the JK series on... Raven is excellent, but LEC just seems to have that extra magic touch with games... And it'd be cool to have them making their own Jedi ones again :D

I also think it would rock if we ever get to see a cameo of Golden Guy in a JK game - I never got around to trying out the Max easter egg in JK, but I know it'd be awesome if we could have one of LEC's own giving us a hand in one level :D
 StormHammer
04-17-2003, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
I dearly hope that in the future they make a custom in-house engine to continue the JK series on... Raven is excellent, but LEC just seems to have that extra magic touch with games... And it'd be cool to have them making their own Jedi ones again :D

Hmmm....I think that's highly debatable, considering they developed their own engine for Obi-Wan, which was originally intended for PC. That engine didn't come close to what Raven have achieved with a modified Q3. And the situation is even tougher now, with the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Far Cry, Doom III and now Half-life 2 on the horizon. The whole bar has been raised in terms of graphics, and developing a decent engine takes considerable development time.

I also think it would rock if we ever get to see a cameo of Golden Guy in a JK game - I never got around to trying out the Max easter egg in JK, but I know it'd be awesome if we could have one of LEC's own giving us a hand in one level :D

You WHAT!?! You never picked up Max?!? :eyeraise:

*pokes Wacky through the screen*

Shame on you - go and play it at once! :D j/k
 taekwondo joe
04-17-2003, 6:18 PM
max was awsome, we needed a a max for jk2 :( just no easter eggs for the game, at all, and the one about the earth or whatever, i dont really call that an ester egg
 Wacky_Baccy
04-18-2003, 1:48 AM
Posted by StormHammer
Hmmm....I think that's highly debatable, considering they developed their own engine for Obi-Wan, which was originally intended for PC. That engine didn't come close to what Raven have achieved with a modified Q3. And the situation is even tougher now, with the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Far Cry, Doom III and now Half-life 2 on the horizon. The whole bar has been raised in terms of graphics, and developing a decent engine takes considerable development time.Ah.. Hum... Yes.. Well... Erm...... *runs :D*

I knew nothing at all about Obi-Wan until I heard about it from peeved JKII-ers, so I've never been up-to-scratch with the facts on that one :(

I suppose that with people like Raven practically making their own engines out of standard ones anyway, there's little point to creating a dedicated JK one from scratch... I still think it'd be nice if they did, but as long as the games continue to be good[excellent], I shan't complain :)

You WHAT!?! You never picked up Max?!? :eyeraise:

*pokes Wacky through the screen*

Shame on you - go and play it at once! :D j/k ROFL - I just knew you'd say something like that :D

I haven't even reinstalled it since I changed operating systems last year, but I've been thinking about it for a while now... I suppose it couldn't hurt to go and find Max before JA comes out :D
 HaruGlory89
04-18-2003, 8:21 AM
Ha! Ha! That was funny!Does that mean one of the species is 'Gold Guy'?
That'll be cool!!!:D
Check out the Glaidius one, it's even funnier!:p
 taekwondo joe
04-18-2003, 10:25 AM
[i]Originally posted by Wakke Bacce

I haven't even reinstalled it since I changed operating systems last year, but I've been thinking about it for a while now... I suppose it couldn't hurt to go and find Max before JA comes out :D [/B] yo, "Find him and destroy him" agent smith
 Toa Tahu
04-18-2003, 11:00 AM
No offense,StormHammer,but I don't see what's funny with that.But it's quite interesting to see...the Gold Man wielding dual sabres doing a Dark Jedi pose?I'd say it's cool.

Probably they'll make that the opening scene for Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy.Maybe?Anything goes....
 StormHammer
04-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Toa Tahu
No offense,StormHammer,but I don't see what's funny with that.

No offense taken. I guess I was just in the mood for a laugh - I've been a bit down lately - and when I saw that it just cracked me up. :p

Opening scene? You mean like the credits? Yeah, that would rock. :D
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
04-19-2003, 1:30 AM
Well this animation is awsome!i hope theyll put it as intro!
:edit:doh sry Leemu i didnt search for a existing thread i thought no one found it :(:edit:

Ne0|eD3N
http://www.csheavens.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/signlol.gif)
Page: 1 of 1