Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Picture Worth a Thousand Words

Page: 1 of 1
 griff38
04-14-2003, 1:28 PM
OK, we have all seen the amazing footage of the Jubilant Iraqis and US soldiers knocking down the big Sadam statue over and over again. The film and stills show the entire screen filled with happy Iraqis jumping for joy when the statue comes down. Even I was impressed.

The propoganda ministers cling to this as proof of how all of Baghdad was happy we were there.

Now look at this photo. I think it shows there were hardly ANY Iraqis there at all. I heard a reliable source say there were less than 200 people actually there. This photo makes it look like even less.

PHOTO (http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/images/0304/ca54a929be01285feae4.jpeg)

Would do you think, fellow Senators?
 TheHobGoblin
04-14-2003, 9:24 PM
The people during this time were still afraid that Saddam was not truely out of power, they've seen him nearly defeated before and survive. However, from the celebrations, joyful greetings, and aid we've recieved in finding remnants of Saddam's regime that Coalition forces have recieved since then, I'd say the people are pretty damn happy. ;)

We liberated them from a ruthless dictator who killed thousands and now they're overjoyed that they can speak out against the former regime without having to be shot, and some people just can't deal with their perceptions being shattered. :p
 Cosmos Jack
04-14-2003, 9:42 PM
Originally posted by griff38
The propoganda ministers cling to this as proof of how all of Baghdad was happy we were there.

You're the propaganda pope....

Drop it its over your arguments mean as much now as they did before the war started. Get off your pigmy pony and come down to Earth....

That pic could have been taken at any time and it is of really pore quality as well that could have been hours or even several days after event....

As for your "reliable source" there about as questionable as your statements...
 Cosmos Jack
04-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Cosmos Jack
As for your "reliable source" there about as questionable as your statements... I meant "they're"...
 Eldritch
04-14-2003, 10:44 PM
I meant "they're"...
So then use the edit button rather than create a new post. That's the point of having an edit button.
 Cosmos Jack
04-14-2003, 11:18 PM
AHHH I think someone doesn't like me "Eldritch"

wa wa want a hanky....

Why don't you pick a # ---> this # 1,000,000,000 and get in line with everyone else that doesn't like me and hold your breath and wait tell I give a SH@t..........
 Kuuki
04-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Everyone has a right to his opinion...

and in Eldritch's case, he just gave you friendly advice. Don't take friendly advice harshly as you jsut did. It makes everyone else happier ^_^
 Cosmos Jack
04-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Kookee
Everyone has a right to his opinion...

and in Eldritch's case, he just gave you friendly advice. Don't take friendly advice harshly as you jsut did. It makes everyone else happier ^_^ There is a bigger picture here...:rolleyes: Maybe you should think before you jump.. Just friendly advice..
 Kuuki
04-14-2003, 11:37 PM
and your telling me this why?
 Cosmos Jack
04-15-2003, 1:35 AM
EDIT: No flaming please. -C'
 Darth Groovy
04-15-2003, 4:27 AM
Watch it folks, this thread is starting to get ugly. Be civil to each other please.
 Kuuki
04-15-2003, 8:49 AM
:sniper9:.............................:indif:
That must have went right over your tiny little head.....

please enlighten me. I havent got anything to fear from a user like your self.

'Look before I leap'

And that means what to me? Obviously you ment it in a different way, like I would have something to worry about from you.
Techincally I'm going to back off form you becuse this will only end up in a stupid silly flame war, becuase obviously you seem like you can't spend your time other then making everyone else miserable on these forums.

Wack this thread. And griff38, I appologise on the behalf of our little perky friend here, for being a little arrogant and a little of a slight annoyence.
 Cosmos Jack
04-15-2003, 3:40 PM
EDIT: Jack, with that attitude, you'll be going down fast.

Watch it. -C'
 ShadowTemplar
04-15-2003, 3:57 PM
Based on what the Danish media and my common sense say, I'd guess that the Arabian part of the Middle East is glad that Hussein is gone, but mad at the US for taking him down. The 'people on the streets' see this as a local issue, and have a fetish about accusing the US and Israel of causing all their problems. In short, they think of it as culture imperialism.

Regarding the pic:

1) There have been several manipulated pics in this conflict.

2) Bagdad wasn't liberated yet by that time.
Page: 1 of 1