Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Availability...Winter 2003?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Toa Tahu
04-14-2003, 6:47 AM
Hey hey hey...LucasArts...pushing the date to Winter 2003 is not that like it isn't it,people?!

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/features.htm)
 The Truthful Liar
04-14-2003, 8:22 AM
That's certainly interesting. Perhaps Raven will be working on the game more extensively (gameplay) this time. :]
 StormHammer
04-14-2003, 8:43 AM
I just hope they take as long as they need to get a fully-polished game out of the door. There were a couple of show-stopping bugs in JO's SP on release (Lando and the two Kyles among them), so I hope they use any extra time to get kitted out and go on a Big Bug Hunt. I know they have deadlines to meet, but Lucasarts should allow them more flexibility this time, IMHO.
 Toa Tahu
04-14-2003, 9:29 AM
Hopefully it is as StormHammer said.Anyone?
 Tesla
04-14-2003, 9:32 AM
Didn't expect this but it's good news ;)
 Mex
04-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Winter? Well I hope they make it better and make sure there are no bugs.
 Prime
04-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I just hope they take as long as they need to get a fully-polished game out of the door. There were a couple of show-stopping bugs in JO's SP on release (Lando and the two Kyles among them), so I hope they use any extra time to get kitted out and go on a Big Bug Hunt. I know they have deadlines to meet, but Lucasarts should allow them more flexibility this time, IMHO. Indeed. Take the time to make a polished game. I can handle a little waiting...

What bugs are you refering to? I'm not sure if I know about them.
 StormHammer
04-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Indeed. Take the time to make a polished game. I can handle a little waiting...

What bugs are you refering to? I'm not sure if I know about them.

There was a bug where Lando would survive the attack in the hangar with the Lady Luck, but did not board the vessel (just stood around loitering in the corner when I played it)...which meant he did not tell you about fueling the ship, which meant you couldn't complete the level (even if you knew what to do and where to go).

The 'two Kyles' happened to me when I loaded a saved game...suddenly I had two kyle models inhabiting the same space, and I could move one but not the other...and it looked really, really weird - two heads, four arms, that sort of thing. Other people experienced it too at the time, along with other glitches.

So hopefully this kind of thing will be kept to a minimum out of the box. ;)
 Taos
04-14-2003, 11:11 AM
I kinda figured this would happen. Oh well, I just hope they make the necessary improvments/adjustments to make the game better. :)
 HertogJan
04-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Why didn't they figure that out a little earlier?? Now I was hoping for a fall release, now it's winter :(
 Master_Payne
04-14-2003, 1:05 PM
This may sound stupid but... what month(s) are Winter, here is the season b4 winter (dont know how its said in english, but is when the leaves falls from the trees), anyways what month(s) are the winter refering in Lucasarts will be helpfull, then I add one more for the delay(?).
Today I'm too lazy to pick a dictionary :rolleyes:
 HertogJan
04-14-2003, 1:27 PM
The season before winter is fall, or autumn. And between 21 december and 21 february it's winter, so when they say witner 2003, they should release it between the 21st and 31st of december 2003, hahaha!!
 Master_Payne
04-14-2003, 2:13 PM
well thanks, hope it comes out before xmas, and now I think it would be better to pick an atlas...
 Blademaster_109
04-14-2003, 5:03 PM
it could be wrong. For star wars galaxies they have it down for Q1 of 2004, but the developers on the board said no way its coming out in june or july. Keep ur hopes up i am.
 HertogJan
04-14-2003, 5:31 PM
My guess would be beginning of November... I think that month is cold enough for LucasArts to call it winter :D :D
 eastcoast2895
04-14-2003, 6:03 PM
i bet it's coming out just in time for the holiday season. but as long as its polished and looks nice and shiny, i'm happy
 Blademaster_109
04-14-2003, 6:47 PM
yeah, if i was a game developer i would want a game to come out right before christmas cause then kids wouldn't have to buy it their parents would.
 Necrosis
04-14-2003, 7:02 PM
Edit Taos - That's probably not a good idea if you want to continue to be a member here.

Moving on, I guess it's a good thing that they pushed it back... as long as everything is near PERFECT. I wish they let the public know a bit more about the game
 Blademaster_109
04-14-2003, 7:16 PM
Keep this in mind we want the game to be the best it can be, right.
 Rad Blackrose
04-14-2003, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by Necrosis
I just hope they aren't listening to those retards at lucasforums. Those people will ruin the game for sure. That would be a disaster.... I wish I could go over and flame the crap out of all of them...

http://webpages.charter.net/ltship/blackrosescorner/images/dudeflamed.jpg)

Carry on...
 t3rr0r
04-14-2003, 7:21 PM
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
http://webpages.charter.net/ltship/blackrosescorner/images/dudeflamed.jpg)

Carry on...
i think/hope he was being sarcastic.
 Blademaster_109
04-14-2003, 7:31 PM
i thought he was, it was just funny. nothing more, nothing less
 Toa Tahu
04-15-2003, 4:36 AM
It's ok,I didn't know initially,fortunately I didn't get any of the bugs mentioned above.Let's just hope that the change in release date is just to make things smooth.After alll,I might get it for christmas.

Anyway,in the meantime,let's go get KotOR!Pushed back to Summer 2003!Kinda funny,eh?At first both of them were to be expected in Fall 2003,then one changed to Summer 2003 and one to Winter 2003.Guess LEC won't want to shoot themselves in the leg after all,eh?
 GhostLotus
04-15-2003, 6:52 AM
Well looking at other games that are pushed back, its usually not because they want to put more wokr into it, its mostly purely because of marketing reasons.

They dont want 3 star wars games released at the same time so they might hold one back just for that sole reason, so bear in mind that the title might be finished but just not released.
 coupes.
04-16-2003, 1:09 PM
well they have put it back to Fall 2003 now, it must have been a mistake.
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.
well they have put it back to Fall 2003 now, it must have been a mistake.

Curiouser and curiouser. Perhaps the Raven Devs are using Force Speed after all... :eyeraise:
 GhostLotus
04-16-2003, 6:33 PM
MY GOD!
Is it indeed possible.....we've been MINDTRICKED????!!!
 Blademaster_109
04-16-2003, 6:45 PM
when did they put it back to fall
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
when did they put it back to fall

Some time in the last 48 hours. Either they're having a glitch with their site (which they've had in the past), or they've spoken to Raven who must have assured them they could make the deadline. :eek:
 Blademaster_109
04-16-2003, 7:11 PM
good, Go Raven
 master_thomas
04-16-2003, 8:56 PM
Curiouser and curiouser. Perhaps the Raven Devs are using Force Speed after all... :eyeraise:

Originally posted by GhostLotus
MY GOD!
Is it indeed possible.....we've been MINDTRICKED????!!!

Well, what do you think? George Lucas had to have some inspiration for the force ;). In ANH, the force wasn't clear. Once he had a larger company, and watching his employees, he must have realized what made Lucasarts such a wonderful company.

Come Ep5, he new what the force was.

It was the special powers the devs tap into to make themselves more efficient (or make it look like they were more efficient (mindtrick). The powers of the dark side are from how he punishes those who are incompetant, or slack.

DISCLAIMER: THE GUESSES OF MASTER_THOMAS ARE COMPLETELY FICTIONAL THE DEVELOPERS DO NOT POSSESS THE "FORCE". IT WAS MERELY THE CREATIVE GENIOUS OF GEORGE LUCAS.
From the board of Lucasfilm ltd.

I just had to do a disclaimer. lol

Maybe, they just want to tear at our patience until we're screaming for it and then release it early so sales will thrive. Then, they decided that as too sneaky and would make us, their loyal community, mad.
 SithLord13
04-16-2003, 10:03 PM
With ravens skillz I wouldn't be surprised if they get it out by fall :)
 taekwondo joe
04-17-2003, 11:51 AM
well i never got the whole doubel kyel bugs, or the lando does not move one, yeah for me. but one thing though, with this whole pushing back, moving fowared thing, its LEC alright, there toying with our emotions, they know this game is the most highly antisapated so they play yo yo, pull it back, or hopes and dreams go with it, they pull it forword, we rejoice, take a national holiday!! then they pull it back, we go insain, crazy, kill our kats, in the antisapation, then, right before it's suposed to come out

BAM! they push it forward, early realese date, we rush to the stores, cry and push our way through the lines, buy it, sales rocket through the roof!!!!! and we live our happy meaningless life. The End
 xtmn8r
04-17-2003, 6:03 PM
Could've been any of the things suggested...but honestly just a typo.

Now whether that typo was influenced by the dark side...

move along...move along....
 taekwondo joe
04-17-2003, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by xtmn8r
Could've been any of the things suggested...but honestly just a typo.

Now whether that typo was influenced by the dark side...

move along...move along.... a conspirisy therory is this!!!!! send some one to investigate, we must
 Toa Tahu
04-18-2003, 10:43 AM
Whatever it is,we all do hope that Raven would do their best to bring out a balanced game out of JK:JA.Do not dissappoint the multiplayer section.
 Taos
04-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Sadly, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it got pushed back again.
 StormHammer
04-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Toa Tahu
Whatever it is,we all do hope that Raven would do their best to bring out a balanced game out of JK:JA.Do not dissappoint the multiplayer section.

I totally agree. They need to find the balance in the Force. :D

Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Sadly, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it got pushed back again.

[Oddball voice]Don't keep hitting me with those negative waves, man.[/Oddball voice] :tsk:
 Taos
04-18-2003, 12:20 PM
[Oddball voice]Don't keep hitting me with those negative waves, man.[/Oddball voice] :tsk:

LOL - It's not being negative Stormy, it's just me preparing for the worst. So that if/when it happens, I'm not surprised. Understand my logic? ;)
 StormHammer
04-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
LOL - It's not being negative Stormy, it's just me preparing for the worst. So that if/when it happens, I'm not surprised. Understand my logic? ;)

I understand perfectly. :) Just yanking your chain. Besides...I wanted to use that quote, somewhere. :D ;)

At least they're not pulling a DNF on us, and saying...'It's done when it's done'. Yeah...riiiight. Keep taking the dried frog tablets, 3DR...
 JDKnite188
04-18-2003, 6:43 PM
I don't care about the release date (well, it better reasonable . . . not like half of a century from now) as long as they take the time to make JA the best game that it can be. Push that good ole' Q3TA engine to its limits!

Btw taekwondo joe learn how to spell. No offense but it was getting bad. Real bad.
 joesdomain
04-19-2003, 2:28 AM
It is a shame they postponed Jedi Academy from Fall 2003 to Winter 2003. I bet they will release it the first couple of weeks of December right before Christmas. Too bad I don't have an advanced video card or a X-box. I wish it was coming out on PS2.
 Swat
04-19-2003, 2:30 AM
they changed it back to fall
 joesdomain
04-19-2003, 2:45 AM
That is a good thing. Guess that means they can start on more Star wars games after they get done with that one, KOTOR, and Galaxies.
 Toa Tahu
04-19-2003, 6:53 AM
Guess they just don't want to shoot themselves in the leg by arranging both Jedi games(i.e.KotOR and JK:JA)
 Swat
04-19-2003, 11:01 PM
plus SWG n Secret Weapons Over Normandy as well. they get released pretty close
Page: 1 of 1