Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you think they should make the next Star Wars game?

Page: 1 of 1
 nycgamer
04-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Assuming you’ve played all of the ones that have already been out, what would you have changed about any of them? Or is there a game concept that they haven’t done yet that you think they should have, like a new game about Han and Chewie, or something?
 nycgamer
04-14-2003, 4:03 PM
Uh.... is it something I said?
 -=DarkZero=-
04-14-2003, 8:36 PM
Lol, MGS meets Star Wars would be a sweet game!
 Kylilin
04-15-2003, 12:08 AM
I think a fighting game is order for Star Wars, its not a new idea, I beleive way back in 1997 Masters of the Terras Kasi came out I have the game somewhere in my house. But that was the last fighting game that came out for star wars. I think a revamp is in order.
 Taos
04-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by nycgamer
Uh.... is it something I said?

It's not something you've said, it's just that I think I've seen you post this in a few different forums over the LFN.....try to keep it to one forum if you can. :cool:
 -=ReApEr=-
04-15-2003, 4:16 AM
I think star wars galaxies is going to be the next best starwars game as it will have everything you ever wanted :D
 Hannibal
04-15-2003, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by RaPEr
I think star wars galaxies is going to be the next best starwars game as it will have everything you ever wanted :D

And one thing I don't want...
 nycgamer
04-15-2003, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
It's not something you've said, it's just that I think I've seen you post this in a few different forums over the LFN.....try to keep it to one forum if you can. :cool:

Yes, I've posted this before, but doesn't everybody? I guess I'm confused - Lucas forums is a network of Star Wars-related forums, but it's comprised of separate communities, right? I mean, going to the LFN forums and having similar conversations is no different than having three bars that you like to hang out at on different nights on the same street, with slightly different menus and crowds of people. There are different fans at each SW forum, and therefore the conversation will have a whole new life of it's own each time. Anyway, I'm not trying to be argumentative at all. I just don't understand why I would have to ask a question or start a particular topic of discussion at just one Star Wars forum only when there are so many Star Wars forums with different groups of people at different host sites. Sure, some of us visit more than one forum and therefore run into each other from time to time, but it's not a huge source of problematic issues is it? I hope you can interperet my question objectively. I respect your wishes. I just like to understand the reasoning.
 Metallus
04-16-2003, 2:14 AM
Well, since the member accounts apply to all forums on LF, it's easier to see when people cross-post the same thread. Even if people concentrate their posts in a particular set of forums, they are likely to browse many more, and running into the same thread in a different area is a bit frustrating, especially if the thread in question is started up by someone new to the forums. In addition, LF isn't just made up of Star Wars forums. You posted this thread in a few forums where members may not have any interest in the series at all: Namely, the Mixnmojo.com and Monkey Island Discussion forums.

Granted, there are obviously going to be Star Wars fans posting and reading there since LF is a big and open community, but I think it's safe to say that most of the regulars in those forums don't care for Star Wars games. There are occasions when cross-posting is useful, but doing it as blindly as you seemed to be doing with this thread can attract a fair amount of negative, or at least critical comments.

In addition, bumping your topic up by replying to your own posts (before anyone else does) in an attempt to get replies is a bad move, and is frustrating for the mods. If it's a dud thread, just let it be a dud. Topic bumping is an easy way to get threads locked.

I've already expressed my opinion about your question as a whole in the thread you posted on the Mojo forums--it's a bit broad in scope, I think you should have been more specific in your question, or at least started the thread with your own examples of what you were trying to get at, instead of leaving it up to others.

Anyway, try to avoid cross-posting a discussion topic in the future.
 Wombat3
04-16-2003, 9:11 AM
you should probably post this in Yoda's Swamp, most Star Wars people visit it.
 nycgamer
04-16-2003, 2:48 PM
Okay. That all makes perfect sense. Sorry for the mistake. I hope I'm not making a bad impression here.
 Metallus
04-16-2003, 3:17 PM
Well, I'm really glad you understand. I knew that you weren't cross-posting this thread to intentionally bother people, and I don't think this is that big of a deal; I don't think that you offended other members terribly by doing this. I was just attempting to explain why people might not be so eager to respond to your threads.

Also, Dance Dance Jedi Knight is the best idea ever (see the Mixnmojo version of this thread). :D
 Lord Nighthawk
04-16-2003, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by Kylilin
I think a fighting game is order for Star Wars, its not a new idea, I beleive way back in 1997 Masters of the Terras Kasi came out I have the game somewhere in my house. But that was the last fighting game that came out for star wars. I think a revamp is in order. I agree. I think another fighting game would be a great idea. I mean it's been quite a while since I played a good fighting game.:)
 StormHammer
04-17-2003, 9:56 AM
Just give me a proper classic-era fully-customisable Bounty Hunter game for PC.

OR

a game based around Imperial or Rebel Commandos during the original trilogy.

Other than that, a hybrid space combat FPS like Mace Griffin in the SW universe.

or a side-scrolling retro platform shooter. :D
 Hannibal
04-18-2003, 3:45 PM
While your at it StormHammer how about one of those carnival games where you put the frog on the thing then hit it with the mallot and try to get the frog to land on the lillipad. Except instead of frogs it could be Jawas(or Ewoks) and instead of lillipads it could be Sarlacc pits(or fiery holes).:)
 StormHammer
04-20-2003, 7:21 PM
Yes! Why didn't I see it before! I've been so blind!

WHACK-A-JAWA. Teh ultimate Star Wars game! :D LOL ;)
 BeastMaster
04-26-2003, 5:53 PM
What I've been waiting for since the early 90s is a game based around The Darkstryder Campaign RPG from West End. Definitely worth tracking down if you can find the four books (well, three sourcebooks and one boxed set).

It could be equal parts JK-style F/TPS and space combat. Maybe even some RTS, though you'd be commanding individual warriors instead of large troops.
Page: 1 of 1