Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 The Count
04-10-2003, 5:04 PM
Will there be a Multiplayer for the MOD I know its been asked before but any confirmation.
 chris the cynic
04-10-2003, 7:13 PM
I read something in the Dark Forces FAQList (Compiled by Karsten A. Loepelmann) which i don't think has been done much to my dissapointment.

"Although it wouldn't make much sense to have a 'deathmatch'-style game with two rebels fighting each other, a one-on-one Kyle Katarn/Trooper match is possible. A cooperative modem game option would fit much better into the storyline, considering that some fairly intricate and complex puzzles must be solved to complete a mission. "

I think it would be cool to have a co op verson of the single player game tweaked for extra players of course, but there is the problem of lag.
 The_One
04-11-2003, 6:53 AM
It's still a very big "if". We're going to finish the SP first, before we start thinking about anything else...

Can we stop the MP threads now please? If we're going to do it, we'll tell you. Until then, as far as you're concerned, we are not.
 The Count
04-11-2003, 8:42 AM
Sorry you can delete this thread if you want to behoenst I only put it here to get more points for my glowy name!
 The_One
04-11-2003, 9:00 AM
Ever heard of the "Father Torque Foundation"? :p
 The Count
04-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Yeah but I wanted the points at that moment and they take ages and ages, however I do have a question what is the name of the demo map to type into the command console if you want to play it like that (eg. Yavin_Final).
 The_One
04-11-2003, 3:58 PM
Please don't do this again, as it is technically spamming. I saw another thread of yours closed in another forum for precisely that reason. You have been warned.

The name of the map is "secbase", so type in the console "map secbase" to start it up.
 recombinant
04-27-2003, 3:46 AM
I'm going to throw my $0.02 in here.

It's my belief that with the amount of overhauling that will be necessary to complete the project, Multiplayer capability will probably not be an option, at least not in the first go-round (at this point, two of the main gametypes have been essentially totally ripped out, so what's the fun in that?)

The other issue is that we are (or at least I am) secretly hoping that the JK2 SP SDK will be released sometime within the next year and we'll switch to that instead of using a hobbled MP/SP hybrid of our own construction. However, I'm not holding my breath on that one, which is why MarkF and I will be continuing to work on beating the MP SDK into submission.

As far as multiplayer goes, I would suggest creating a map pack to play in the standard JK2 MP game. That's just my recommendation. I'll leave it up to Darth_Linux and the rest of the team to decide the fate of that idea.

:D
 reaper1576
04-27-2003, 7:10 AM
i would think the SP SDK would be on its way very soon with JK3 JA on its way later this year and the promisse of the ability to port Mods to JA have you guys thought of moving to JA the main advantage for me and the DF2E Team would be the duel saber codes and animations in there all ready in SP/MP (ie Boc) and the hope of better SP support
 The_One
04-27-2003, 8:17 AM
We have had some correspondence with Raven regarding the SP SDK. We'll keep you posted on any updates.
 chris the cynic
04-27-2003, 2:19 PM
If the SP SDK does come out will it be easy to switch the work in your MP/SP hybrid to SP?
 The_One
04-27-2003, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by chris the cynic
If the SP SDK does come out will it be easy to switch the work in your MP/SP hybrid to SP?

In a word, yes.
Page: 1 of 1