Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

voices

Page: 1 of 1
 boba fett c3po
04-08-2003, 5:31 PM
will your own character have voice?
im wondering this becouse you will be able to make your own character
if so will it be something like a voice per gender and species?
and what about names will you character have an own name (also per specie and gender) or will you be able to make up your own name?
 t3rr0r
04-08-2003, 5:40 PM
i would think there would be different voices for different genders and species... it'd be pretty odd if a rodian spoke clear basic.
 Hekx
04-08-2003, 7:13 PM
There's probably some pre-recorded custom ones available, or you can use the ones of already in-game characters.

A nifty feature would be to add and record your own though. ;)
 Lianiotte
04-08-2003, 8:03 PM
What I'm wondering is that if they have voices and you give your character their own name, will they say "Screw you, YOUKNOWYOURNAME!" (without putting your name there :P) or "SCREW YOU!"

:biggs:
 Jedi Apprentice
04-08-2003, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
A nifty feature would be to add and record your own though. ;)

Are you talking about just recording your name or actually going through and adding all the lines of dialog?

That would be crazy. :D :nuts:
 wassup
04-08-2003, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
Are you talking about just recording your name or actually going through and adding all the lines of dialog?

That would be crazy. :D :nuts:

Hehe you could replace the default lines with some...oh...interesting...ones of your own. :D
 Prime
04-08-2003, 9:23 PM
I thought the way they did it in Baldur's Gate II was pretty good. You had various sets of sounds that you can select from. The subtitles actually used your name, but the spoken text did not. I found it worked quite well.
 Hekx
04-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice

That would be crazy. :D :nuts: Well.. :p

Just the sounds needed.
Like pain50 and falling1.
Not the whole game dialog though. :p

That can be either left quiet, or add some text boxes with selections.
 AlzWisHum
04-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by boba fett c3po
will your own character have voice?
im wondering this becouse you will be able to make your own character
if so will it be something like a voice per gender and species?
and what about names will you character have an own name (also per specie and gender) or will you be able to make up your own name?

IMO is really unlikely if they include a lot of characters.

But a few would be nice: think of a Wookie with a human voice? They would probably put its wookie grunts when the wookie talks, put some subtitles under it, that would be cool. :cool:

But if they take this idea to every species like Twileks, Rodians, humans (male/female), Wookies, Banthas (;)), or whatever, this game would eat a lot of hard disk space, or they will more likely make your "avatar" not really talkable.
 AlzWisHum
04-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Lianiotte
What I'm wondering is that if they have voices and you give your character their own name, will they say "Screw you, YOUKNOWYOURNAME!" (without putting your name there :P) or "SCREW YOU!"

:biggs:

Its gonna be: "Screw you, Katarn apprentice". :) If you are a Katarn apprentice that is... :D
 HertogJan
04-10-2003, 11:47 AM
:D :D

Hmm well, I can Imagine that all the Jedi's must learn basic 'English', you can't expect that all Jedi can speak hundreds of languages to communicate with other (species of) Jedi (although they seemed to understand all languages in the movies ;))...

But I'd be dissapointed if there wasn't any speech at all or, that every species has the same speech, they must have some kind of accent (though still English), but it will take a lot of work to do.

Hehe, imagine a Rodian who speaks english with a rodian accent :D
 HaruGlory89
04-11-2003, 9:02 AM
Hehe, imagine a Rodian who speaks english with a rodian accent

That would be cool!:D
 Hekx
04-11-2003, 10:54 AM
If the game doesn't feature cheesy voice actings for taunts and other cut-scenes, I'm not getting it. :D

Nothing beats Reelo's witty one liners. :p
 Prime
04-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
If the game doesn't feature cheesy voice actings for taunts and other cut-scenes, I'm not getting it. :D

Nothing beats Reelo's witty one liners. :p Absolutely! What is Star Wars without cheezy lines? :)
 SettingShadow
04-11-2003, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Absolutely! What is Star Wars without cheezy lines? :)

"Good, our first catch of the day"

:lol: :lol:
 Taos
04-11-2003, 3:23 PM
Since this isn't an RPG, I can't imagine the vioces being too customized. I know that in KOTOR there will be thousands of recorded dialog for the game.

And yes, you gotta love those great lines. :D
 Blademaster_109
04-14-2003, 4:38 PM
it'd suck if it was one of those games where ur character doesn't speak like grand theft auto III
Page: 1 of 1