Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will we be able to import original models/clothing/weapons into the game?

Page: 1 of 1
 Tyler_Durden
04-07-2003, 3:17 AM
I've been thinking about this ever since jedi outcast, about how to make an original character with the jedi outcast/quake 3 engine. Well half of the work has been done for me but i have a very clear picture of what kind of character i want in the game. I've spent many days drawing out what i want him to look like. Hopefully something similar is available, but if not will we be able to do import stuff like original costumes? I know it's been done with outcast but it's hard as hell and i haven't even been able to really import stuff other than sounds.
 Wacky_Baccy
04-07-2003, 3:24 AM
Judging by this quote from the interview I seem to be quoting an awful lot lately (http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/apr03/jedi.html), I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that you'll be able to do something like what you said :)We've enhanced GHOUL 2, which is our modelling and animation system, to allow for the character creation system, color choices and options. We ported over the Arioche terrain system from Soldier of Fortune 2, which allows for expansive terrain environments. We've done an update in ICARUS, which is our in-house scripting system. It allows us to do just a little bit more than we did in the past. The saber system is enhanced; it's basically the same as the Jedi Knight 2 engine, but we've added new moves and enhancements. We've tried to make a lot of the game friendlier to the mod community.

The first thing people did when JK2 came out was create their own sabers and their own characters. It was a lot easier to do that in multiplayer than single-player, so now we've made it easier for single-player. Now you can just drag it into a folder or update a file and you'll be good to go.:D

Welcome back btw - I remember you from last year's buildup to JK2 - nice to see more old faces cropping up :)
Page: 1 of 1