Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Will Make Or Break This Game

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Apprentice
04-06-2003, 6:20 PM
With the addition of so many different elements to this game what do you think will be the main features that will make it a sucess?

My thoughts would have to be on the RPG elements of the game. If they can make the customization of the game work then we already know that the action works. :)

What do you think will be the link in the game?
 CanadianSurfer
04-06-2003, 6:22 PM
The new saber combat.
 Agen
04-06-2003, 6:29 PM
Saber combat, force balancing (pull for example), and guns ammo.
That's what i believe Raven needs to fix (or improve) :)
 t3rr0r
04-06-2003, 6:45 PM
if the character builder isn't part of mp, too... i won't be a happy camper.
 dark jedi 8
04-06-2003, 7:08 PM
yeah, i agree. saber combat system, and the create your own character in MP would be really nice.:)
 Agen
04-06-2003, 7:12 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly hard if they already have it in SP to convert MP. :)
 CanadianSurfer
04-06-2003, 7:39 PM
That's pretty much the idea.
 Tesla
04-06-2003, 8:00 PM
Well i feel that for a decent game it should have.............................
1.decent graphics
2.good saber combat system
3.all round customization-ie character,saber hilt,saber blade color,etc
 Silent_Thunder
04-06-2003, 8:16 PM
For me, the way force powers are balanced will make or break the game.

For example; Force Speed was soooo powerful in JO that it literally felt like cheating to me. Since JA is building appon JO, and alot of the code is left over, than I hope they have enough time and experiance not to let a force power get so whacked out of balance. I'm reffering to the Single player force speed, by the way :).
 Shadoer
04-06-2003, 8:21 PM
I think its going too be the new additions too multiplayer, and anything that can be added too aid the mod community.

Overal, it seems they are just improveing on what they have learned from JK2, so this game is going too be awsome!
 Hekx
04-06-2003, 8:45 PM
I hope SP saber combat and MP saber combat will be more similar than JKO. Even if two seperate teams are working on each, I think they should use the same physics.
SP is like floating, and MP is bloated. :D
 Luc Solar
04-07-2003, 3:32 AM
A relatively bug free, balanced MP.

A MP with no silly Uber move or exploitable "bugs". (Think scripted 1460 degree yawspeed-spinning backstab in 1.03)

Guns that kill. Forces that kill. A saber that kills. More power.

Don't mess with gunners. A saber can not ever beat a gun (+ a saber) in a FFA. Why should it? Guns kill from a distance and multiple targets at once, a saber can't do that therefore it is and will be inferior. If you play "all weapons", use all weapons or lose.

(A damage bonus against a player holding a gun might be cool though..?)

They got the same engine as before and quite some experience on how it was exploited in JO. I believe JA will be awesome if only we're able to destroy the RPG Saber Noobies © shock ~ unnamed.

Even a buggy unbalanced JA can be great fun if the community is cool. I hate whiners. :mad:
 Krayt Tion
04-07-2003, 11:26 AM
The new multiplayer mode will make or break the game for me.

Even if they perfectly balanced JA mp w/ the new saber options and force powers I still wouldn't be that interested to play. Raven has to really knock me off my ass something fierce with this new multiplayer mode. Innovative it must be to ensure I'll play this game for longer than a month. I'm not interested in having the same tweaked mp experiences from JO which were the same tweaked experiences from JK.

:sheepdanc

I'm hoping for something objective/class-based. But I'm expecting something far less interesting from them.
 Taos
04-07-2003, 12:05 PM
I think what will make or break the game will be how much rpg is incorperated into the sp. Since it is an fps first and foremost, I feel that long time fans will be turned off if there is too much of the role playing element in the game. If there is...what will save the game is the mp and I'm looking forward to that. :)
 Necrosis
04-07-2003, 12:11 PM
If anything the saber combat will BREAK the game because it sounds so similar to jk2's system. Plus, this is going to be more of an RPG than fps, by the looks of it so far, which doesn't really leave anu room for competitve players.
 Pad
04-07-2003, 12:11 PM
a good multiplayer can make the game be a topgame. look at jo, it was really fun completing the single player a few times but afterwards you get bored. and thats were the mp comes in, if its good like it was with jo, you will play the game as much as you can. if it aint good, itґll be another finished game dying in your closet.
 toms
04-07-2003, 12:33 PM
well, the crummy, random saber combat might break it... or the totally unbalanced force powers, or the useless ranged weapons like the trooper rifle that couldn't hit a barn door, the silly star trek disruptor and the fact you can only cary 5 tripwires or det packs.

A lot of this could be fixed if they have a NOLF style system where, before going out on each mission you get to pick a few weapons and accessories to take with you. they still need to fix the saber and the blasters though.

at least one mod had a much improved saber system.
Page: 1 of 1