Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Are you going to uninstall JKII when you get JA?

Page: 1 of 1
 Hekx
04-05-2003, 8:50 AM
Are you going to remove JKII when you install JKIII?
Is the game going to get in the way?
Will you continue to play the classic Jedi Outcast, aswell as the new Jedi Academy?

I personally may keep both.
Although if both use the same engine, it's going to be hell managing PK3 files.
I may accidently put one in the wrong game folder, who knows. :p
The idea of removing JKII has came across my mind.
I think it all depends on the compatablity of JKIII and JKII, and how much better the newer game is. ;)

Oh yeah, I added a Yoda Option too. :D
 SlapNut
04-05-2003, 9:01 AM
ive already deleted it :)

my computer is crap, and since im not playing it anymore i deleted it in an attempt to make the computer go faster, but our new one will be great, im gonna buy planetside and the ja
 Taos
04-05-2003, 9:05 AM
Without a doubt I will....I think I'll only have JO on my pc through the summer, just to play a game with my buds. I can't wait to get my hands on JA! :)
 Pad
04-05-2003, 9:07 AM
i already uninstalled jo from my pc. i didnt play it that often anymore and as i dont have a 40 gb hd it was best to free some space. maybe i install it later again to know the jo feeling again (which was great)

god damn leemu, with that msn convo your making me install jk2 again. :D
 HertogJan
04-05-2003, 9:34 AM
I have a 120GB hd so that won't be a problem :D But I think that most ppl will be moving to JA, so I don't see the point in playing JO anymore, my computer is fast enough!! (getting at leats 90fps in JO constantly, everything set to full)

I really hope the JA community will rise quickly, I'd hate it if it took too long for decent servers to come! It could be a problem, since the two games will look a lot the same...
 leXX
04-05-2003, 9:42 AM
I uninstalled it last month. Actually, I miss it a lot. I think I'll play it again before JA comes out, along with JK1 and MOTS.
 Darklighter
04-05-2003, 9:51 AM
JKII is one of the best games I've got on this PC, why should I uninstall it? Besides, I got enough drive space to fit both games and more. I'll still play on JKII once in a while anyways ^^
 Agen
04-05-2003, 9:54 AM
Depending on howm uch space ja takes up then maybe.
 Neko Lain
04-05-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna keep both, it's been awhile since i've had a game as addictive as cs.

I've been playing it for almost a year now, and i will probally keep playing it untill Jedi knight 3 comes out
 Hekx
04-05-2003, 11:47 AM
I just thought of something..

Wouldn't it be funny if JA needed JO installed to run? :D
 Katarn07
04-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Considering the DF mod is FOR JO, yes, I think I will have to keep it on there for DF mod to run. But even if that were not coming out, I still would. I keep all my games on my hardrive. I have plenty of room. See what games I have and re-play on there?

http://home.attbi.com/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1078.jpg)
 Darklighter
04-05-2003, 12:05 PM
*Gasps*:eek:You have Star Trek on there! Traitor:mad:

:pj/k lol, I is a Trekkie anyways;)

That's what I call a die-hard SW game fan's PC game list?:D
 leXX
04-05-2003, 12:11 PM
And a very nice wallpaper I might add. :D
 Zodiac
04-05-2003, 12:27 PM
It's already gone here..
 SettingShadow
04-05-2003, 12:54 PM
hmmm... I propably keep it, you never know what happens :D
 ryudom
04-05-2003, 2:58 PM
hey katarn, you know you can take screen shoots with the printscreen button, right? ;)

and... i'll probably del JO, maybe not though.
 ZBomber
04-05-2003, 3:06 PM
Yeh, I'll keep it. :)
 Katarn07
04-05-2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by ryudom
hey katarn, you know you can take screen shoots with the printscreen button, right? ;)

and... i'll probably del JO, maybe not though.

I did not know that... Thanks, I'll try that from now on instead of that peice of crap thing that stamps everything and makes it all blurry... :rolleyes:

The last four ST exes are for the same program... Activision saw it fit to make four different programs I guess. Armada 2 is the only thing worth being in that list... :rolleyes:

Oh, and leXX, I know its a good wallpaper. Thanks. ;)
 The_One
04-05-2003, 3:43 PM
I have a big hard drive - why uninstall it?

Besides, I need it for the Dark Forces MOD ;)

Windows 98! *gasp!*

*Holds head in shame - not the bloody Sims*
Page: 1 of 1