Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will you be able to turn off half of your "Maul saber"?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bacon00
04-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Just curious.. it'd be pretty cool to be able to turn off half your double saber and use all the single saber moves, and then turn the second one on and use a whole new set of moves.

It'd add tons of depth to multiplayer IMO....
 Wacky_Baccy
04-05-2003, 1:02 AM
Posted by Bacon00
Just curious.. it'd be pretty cool to be able to turn off half your double saber and use all the single saber moves, and then turn the second one on and use a whole new set of moves.I can't guarantee you'll have the full range of single-sabre moves, but the following from PCZone confirms that you'll be able to fight with the lighstaff as if it were a single sabre -Link to article (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=89293)

Wielders of a double-ended lightsaber will be able to snuff one end to gain speed increase in combat, while those who master the art of dual-wielding will be able to fling one lightsaber at enemies while retaining the other in the hand. With this in mind, it's no surprise to learn that the action in Jedi Knight III is heavily skewed toward lightsaber combat.Re-reading that paragraph now makes me realise just how awesome this game will be - use double sabres, with the ability to throw one and keep the other, or use a lighstaff with the ability to fight with it as if it were a single sabre for a bit more speed and manoeuvrability... This is so going to rock :D
It'd add tons of depth to multiplayer IMO.... It'd add tons of depth, period :p :D
 Taos
04-05-2003, 1:31 AM
Agreed guys....I hope they include something like that. It'll be interesting to see the fighting styles with the dual and double bladed sabers. :)
 Bacon00
04-05-2003, 5:05 AM
I can't imagine that snuffing one end will only give you a "speed increase"... I'd assume that it'll work just like the color coded stances in JK2 - you'll change to "single saber" stance when you snuff one end... wouldn't that make more sense?

If you can do that, I'll be in gaming heaven.

JKA is seriously the first game in a long time I've been *really* excited about. JK2 I was pretty excited, but not this much.
 Wacky_Baccy
04-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Posted by Bacon00
I can't imagine that snuffing one end will only give you a "speed increase"... I'd assume that it'll work just like the color coded stances in JK2 - you'll change to "single saber" stance when you snuff one end... wouldn't that make more sense?Yes, but it also might be a bit tricky to implement, and I didn't want to get your hopes up too much in case it turns out not to have the full range of single-sabre moves... :)

Might be an idea to ask Mike Gummelt about it if he pops in again and is open to a few questions...If you can do that, I'll be in gaming heaven.

JKA is seriously the first game in a long time I've been *really* excited about. JK2 I was pretty excited, but not this much. Same here - on all counts :D
 The_One
04-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Duel lightstaffs anyone? Now that would be cool, and I'm sure the (maniac) MOD community would give it ago :p

Do you reckon we can choose different colours for each end of our lightstaff? Again, probably moddable, if it's not included.
 Hekx
04-05-2003, 12:25 PM
It would look cool being able to do everything Maul's sabre could do with JA. Detach into two sabers, ignite one end or both, aswell as others.

But I'm sticking with single blade. ;)
 ryudom
04-05-2003, 12:50 PM
i don't think you should be able to detach them heh, that would kinda defy the point of having two sabers.
 boinga1
04-05-2003, 1:15 PM
this seems to be how it would work- you get ypur regular saber and all, then when you get past saber offence level 3, you havew some choices- a dualblade level or a dualsaber level. with both, you can still use single saber styles and such, but also have the added double saber or 'lightstaff' attacks. it makes no sense for you to start off w/ two sabers, since dual wielding is a diificlut skill used by master swordsmen.
 nova_wolf
04-05-2003, 2:40 PM
AHHHHH.....

Sorry, but this was the news I was waiting for....

Being a fan of the light staff for that very reason (although if I had a saber, it would also be able to actually split into two seperate sabers).

All I need to hear now is that you will be able to use Force Lightning as a utility to power old doors / droids long enough to caid you get to an onjective, I think I will be forking out shed loads on a new PC especially for it!
 Darth Groovy
04-06-2003, 7:16 PM
This is what I am talking about!
 Tesla
04-06-2003, 8:10 PM
It would be quite cool and add some sort of realism and sort of an homage to Episode 1 if you could use just one end of the "maul saber".
Or what if you made a wrong move with the "maul saber" and it was chopped in half (like obi1 does to maul in Episode 1) and you were forced to use the 1 saber end untill the next level?
Page: 1 of 1