Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What I fear most about JK3

Page: 1 of 2
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 12:41 AM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42883)

Death to the RPG saber noobies.
I declare Jihad upon you and don't ANY of you even think about doing this again.
 ^_-
04-02-2003, 12:44 AM
shall we start up ARPA?

Anti Role Playing Association
(note this applies ONLY to rpging in FPS games, as i like rpgs, but think they have their place in THEIR genre)
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Hehe name sounds too much like these guys:

http://www.aarp.org/)

I just see too many RPG saber noobies scurrying out of the wood work already in that top sticky thread and this frightens me.
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 12:58 AM
 ^_-
04-02-2003, 1:04 AM
 wassup
04-02-2003, 1:26 AM
I will not protest them in any way cause so far I have not encountered any RPG problems, but I will follow my own rules/terms, whether the other guy(s) like it or not. But I must admit some of those rules are just plain stupid. :rolleyes:
 Khaza
04-02-2003, 1:42 AM
...or what if Raven would make RPG mode for those who need it and this way separate them from the real gamers.
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 1:44 AM
Originally posted by Khaza
...or what if Raven would make RPG mode for those who need it and this way separate them from the real gamers.

Gamers being the key word.
They tend to disregard the notion that this is a game for some reason.
:mad:
 ^_-
04-02-2003, 1:55 AM
...or what if Raven would make RPG mode for those who need it and this way separate them from the real gamers. that reminds me of...something....bah what could it be???

oh i know KOTOR and SWG. 1 is a SP RPG set in SW (and *gasp* you could make a DF mod for it) and 2. is a MMORPG (OMFG I"M A REAL JEDI!!1111)
 Luc Solar
04-02-2003, 1:57 AM
I've already started threatening people in my country about this.

I'm a nice guy and all...but if I hear about any talk of "Jedi'o hon0urz" or silly rules I will bitchslap the ones who are responsible IRL.

Seriously: this threat needs to be eliminated asap. These people must be silenced before they have a chance to start spreading their silly ideas.
Look what happened with Sars! If you don't take action immediatedly, you're screwed! :mad:

;)
 Emon
04-02-2003, 2:08 AM

...or what if Raven would stick to the objective of their plans, which is to make a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER and leave out the RPG elements for morons who like to ruin the game which is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER and you go play a real ROLE PLAYING GAME

But wait, that would be the smart, considerate, logical thing to do. Can't have that, now can we! Haha! :rolleyes:
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 2:28 AM
Ehh the "make your own character" thing is cool and all and I wont bash them (Raven) for trying to spice the game up a little.

Nor will I bash the guy who suggested a "RPG game type".

I'm not saying there should be one (that's what mod making is for) but I'll respect that the guy wants to keep the two separate even if I disagree with they way it is to be done.

I'm really serious about killing this nonsense (see link in top post) before it starts again.

JK3 is going to have a heavy focus on sabers and "Jedi crap" as opposed to "blowing people up with a big gun" and I hope it does not get to be as absurd as JK2 is now in regards to public servers.

You literally *can not go to a FFA/SO server anymore and actually *play the game.

You have to follow these stupid little rules and stand around like an idiot and do nothing but silly emotes.
You even dare to actually play and you are voted/kicked/banned.

From day 1 after this game is released we all know the noobies are going to start whining about “OMFG THIS HAS TO BE FIXED”.

As players we actually need to be just as vocal as they were last time in telling them to stfu. We need to be just as vocal in our support for the game and Raven as they were in bashing it and complaining and whining for patches.

A community of whiny noobies ruined an otherwise great game; let’s not repeat history this time please.
 Khaza
04-02-2003, 4:26 AM
Originally posted by Emon
...or what if Raven would stick to the objective of their plans, which is to make a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER and leave out the RPG elements for morons who like to ruin the game which is a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER and you go play a real ROLE PLAYING GAME

But wait, that would be the smart, considerate, logical thing to do. Can't have that, now can we! Haha! :rolleyes:

I think you got my idea all wrong :) I didn't mean anything big, just take their guns away, give them few stupid emoticons and place few no weapons zones to maps or something similar... This idea was just a suggestion how to get rid of those "hono red j-di" from FFA servers. It would be a lot easier to find competetive games when I could just filter out all the RPG servers...
 Aoshi
04-02-2003, 4:53 AM
yea hopefully raven wont make the same mistake twice. we should convince twl, esl, and other sensible communities to voice their opinions and oppose the rpgers that are inevitably gonna whine and try to destroy another great game. i swear the next person that calls me dishonorable/hacker/scripter/aimbotter/not a 'real jedi' cause i dont use a lightsaber or anything else equally retarded is gonna be haunted for the rest of the game.
 Ronin_Medjai
04-02-2003, 5:42 AM
I dont see whats wrong with JKO RPGs .I agree with you a hundred percent that the RPers shouldnt go to FFA servers and try to force their 'RPG Cult Ways' on the FFAers . I play all aspects of JKO and one of them is RPG,but seriously sometimes I get tired of typing and just wanna blow something up,but to say dont include RPG aspects in JKIII is biased and wrong. What someone does with their copy of JKO is their buisness and you shouldnt criticise them for it. Yeah sure if they come into a FFA and get all pissed off cause you guys arent RPing be my guest to get mad,but just /kick the guy fromur server problem solved...dont ruin the Other Genres of JKO world for others just for you opinionated views.
And as I said in the Sticky thread at top just include thewse rpg features for cheat enabled or something...or just leave the option open for us to be able to create an RPG Mod from it thats All I was asking... I guarantee you RPers using RPG Mod wont bother ur FFA servers ;)
 Tosh_UK
04-02-2003, 6:46 AM
=ASC= I think i am going to add that to my Name LMFAO

I think that when the game get released there will be Bugs, as some things will not work correct. but as soon as the Fan-boys start crying and calling for things to be changed, things will most probably go bad. I cant stand these so called Jedi!! as they end up just trying to ruin the game.. last night in A CtF game, on a server I play you can pull back stab in it, and yes I do the move (if you don't ya going to get owned by all the people who do) plus its a great way of stopping mr I saved up loads and loads of rockets to kill you LOL. anyways I pulled the move on this guy.. he starts to cry and sets up chat spamming Ranger Sucks hahahahahaha
Well this don't bother me in anyway, but the little fan boy would swap to my team, grab the Flag and use the tricks to get up to spots that if you don't know the correct way of getting up to them you cant. and I don't know how to get up to them spots as I like to play the game as intended, and not like some 12 year old who cant play and has to use bugs. I mean this guy gets upset that I kill him with a Backstab move... instead of leaving and finding a sever with out it. he then try's to ruin my game (not that I care as I am not a fan boy and this is only a game) but he ruin's every one else game and that's for both sides. !!! people like this need to go see some one to explain Real Life to them.

btw he is so much of a hero that he had to use the name padawan cus he was to scared to use is normal Game Name... or is that Gay Name!

=Kill all FanBoys= but only when there sabers are down.
 CanadianSurfer
04-02-2003, 7:18 AM
I go into a server and I see people RPG'ing everywhere. I stick to CTF and thank god it's hard to RPG there. I guarentee if a mod is made they will still come to "normal". I swear....
 Luc Solar
04-02-2003, 7:37 AM
ROFL!

I don't play CTF...but ummm, how exactly do you RPG on a CTF server? :confused:

[SC]Wind00: "LAMER!! SABER DOWN = PEACE!"

Casual player: "But dude...you were running with the flag and- "

[SC]Wind00: "SABER DOWN = PEACE! DON'T U GET IT n00b!!?"

Casual player" Yea, but how am I supposed to- "

[SC]Wind00: "Stupid n00B! Now pay attention: 1) saber down = peace! 2) NO f'king guns, they're lame! 3) if you wish to fight U must challenge me to a DUEL u IDIOT!"

Casual player: "But I thought this was CTF?"

[SC]Wind00: "U still don't get it do you, n00b!? No laming, no guns, no force. H0nourable Jedi Duelz only!"

Casual player " .... "
 ryudom
04-02-2003, 7:57 AM
i think theres two differant kinds of RPG people around.

First, theres the good kind. the kind that play on the zone, and label there room RPG @ deathstar and play. These guys have been around since JK1 and haven't really caused much trouble imo. i think you guys need to cut Ronin_Medjai some slack, heh.

Second, there's the evil kind. the kind that invade servers, the kind that spread there honor codes and such. the kind that unnamed is talking about. i mean you want to fight with honor? great. just don't make other people do the same. i try not to cheap shot people most of the time, but thats just the way i am. i don't enforce it on people, i don't setup stupid server rules. no saber down killing is retarded, unless your playing NF, then its only stupid. so yeah
 Chato
04-02-2003, 8:03 AM
real fine post :) love i t, just well seen !
 Emon
04-02-2003, 8:21 AM
If you want to roleplay, fine. Just don't do it on our FFA and CTF servers and sit around like morons going "OMg mistar jedai freind want 2 cybar???" and "omg u killed me i rpg omg u ghay1!!"
 ryudom
04-02-2003, 8:23 AM
well emon, thats pretty much what i said exept more detail... lol and in case that was directed towards me, i'd just like to state that i don't RPG. (well in a year anyway heh)
 Tosh_UK
04-02-2003, 8:26 AM
I don't play CTF...but ummm, how exactly do you RPG on a CTF server?

[SC]Wind00: "LAMER!! SABER DOWN = PEACE!"

Casual player: "But dude...you were running with the flag and- "

[SC]Wind00: "SABER DOWN = PEACE! DON'T U GET IT n00b!!?"

Casual player" Yea, but how am I supposed to- "

[SC]Wind00: "Stupid n00B! Now pay attention: 1) saber down = peace! 2) NO f'king guns, they're lame! 3) if you wish to fight U must challenge me to a DUEL u IDIOT!"

Casual player: "But I thought this was CTF?"

[SC]Wind00: "U still don't get it do you, n00b!? No laming, no guns, no force. H0nourable Jedi Duelz only!"

Casual player " .... "

LMFAO

i think theres two differant kinds of RPG people around.

First, theres the good kind. the kind that play on the zone, and label there room RPG @ deathstar and play. These guys have been around since JK1 and haven't really caused much trouble imo. i think you guys need to cut Ronin_Medjai some slack, heh.

Second, there's the evil kind. the kind that invade servers, the kind that spread there honor codes and such. the kind that unnamed is talking about. i mean you want to fight with honor? great. just don't make other people do the same. i try not to cheap shot people most of the time, but thats just the way i am. i don't enforce it on people, i don't setup stupid server rules. no saber down killing is retarded, unless your playing NF, then its only stupid. so yeah
/agree but we will not see the good ones will we! as they stay to there servers we stay to are's = no problems, the only RPG we see are the ones invading the other servers trying to tell us what rules we should play by!!! LOL = Bad RPG players grrrrrr
 Bizzaro-Zero
04-02-2003, 8:50 AM
lmao hahaha sabre noobies bahahaha well kill those son of a b*tches
 TK_Nutritious
04-02-2003, 9:30 AM
Originally posted by Tosh_UK
=Kill all FanBoys= but only when there sabers are down.

hah! that actually made me laugh out loud
 -=DarkZero=-
04-02-2003, 9:36 AM
SCREW YOU ALL!WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SEXUAL HARRASSMENT ONTOP!
I'VE BEEN PLAYING SINCE THE GAME CAME OUT AND I LOVE RPING!
HOW COULD YOU RETALIATE ! I'LL KILL YOU ALL IF YOU TRY! AHHH
 Kilrogg
04-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Don't forget the contrary exists too...

I mean an FFA server on bespin called Saber Arena with the no force power icon and which indicates when entering the rules (no saber down killing etc.) is sometimes invade by "quakers"...

Just to say that play the way you want, for everything we could type on a forum or a chat wouldn't change anything to the game...
 Spider AL
04-02-2003, 10:28 AM
Bah, you're all lightweights. This is the original and best fanboy-parody post: Phayyde's Book of Honor (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44054) ;)

DEALING with fanboys is quite simple. You kill them all. All the time. Everywhere.

Make no mistake, they've declared war on us, so we must fight them with equal intensity. The fanboy invaders will never EVER take our FPS away from us. They will die in ignominy, for they are the truly dishonourable ones.

So if you see some fanboys organising a duel in any server except a duel server, kill them with your gun. If you see them pretending to be proprieters of shops or galactic barbers in any server, kill them with your gun.

And when they start threads in places like this, and on massassi, and on local game networks COMPLAINING about us and our dishonourable behaviour, you must respond with lightning clarity... "We play this game the way it was meant to be played. If you don't like it, go fiddle in Baldur's Gate."

But make no mistake, fanboys will never be eradicated totally. Like the Dark Side, they'll lie in wait for centuries, millennia even until we grow complacent and lax in our watch. Then they'll strike.

The price of a fanboy-free community is eternal vigilance, and constant involvement in the community. If we're happy with the game, we must all tell the developers so, so that they don't change it on the behest of the vocal minority of fanboys.
 Tosh_UK
04-02-2003, 10:33 AM
going to try post this image but its from a forum and might not work.. if not click the link http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=86441)
The price of a fanboy-free community is eternal vigilance, and constant involvement in the community. If we're happy with the game, we must all tell the developers so, so that they don't change it on the behest of the vocal minority of fanboys. hahahahahaha to true :p
 Prime
04-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Spider Al! How did I know you would pop up in this thread? :D

RPGers who invade FFA servers will die by my hand...and glowstick.
 happydan
04-02-2003, 12:17 PM
what i never got about this is that this never happened in any of the movies. i would imagine it as a saftely precaution in training, but the thought of a sith lord bowing to some poor hapless jediknight is just laughable. RPGing? i dont think so. get on and play, son.
 StormHammer
04-02-2003, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
Make no mistake, they've declared war on us, so we must fight them with equal intensity. The fanboy invaders will never EVER take our FPS away from us. They will die in ignominy, for they are the truly dishonourable ones.

So if you see some fanboys organising a duel in any server except a duel server, kill them with your gun. If you see them pretending to be proprieters of shops or galactic barbers in any server, kill them with your gun.

And when they start threads in places like this, and on massassi, and on local game networks COMPLAINING about us and our dishonourable behaviour, you must respond with lightning clarity... "We play this game the way it was meant to be played. If you don't like it, go fiddle in Baldur's Gate."

But make no mistake, fanboys will never be eradicated totally. Like the Dark Side, they'll lie in wait for centuries, millennia even until we grow complacent and lax in our watch. Then they'll strike.

The price of a fanboy-free community is eternal vigilance, and constant involvement in the community. If we're happy with the game, we must all tell the developers so, so that they don't change it on the behest of the vocal minority of fanboys.

*hears rousing military marching music in the background, rising to a glorious crescendo*

The only thing you didn't say there was that 'We Will Fight Them On The Beaches!" ;p

Anyway, Mobius...there's no reason to insult other members for disagreeing with your point of view. I know this is a touchy subject, but we should all remember to respect the opinions of others. ;)

So Be Good, Be Vigilant...BEHAVE! :D

Personally, I can make a distinct division where RPG is concerned. There is RPG where you have access to thinks like skills, inventories, and what-have-you, giving you extra features to make a game more enjoyable. Then there is RPG where you actually role-play and remain in-character, with all the codes and what-have-you. IMHO, there's nothing wrong with the former...but I think the latter is taking it a bit far for an FPS game.

If people want to set up servers for that sort of thing, no problem. But I don't agree with anyone trying to force me to play a certain way. Until 1.04, I used to play online a bit...but with my laggy connection the game's now unplayable. It's hard to find a server for just running-and-gunning these days... ;p
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai
I dont see whats wrong with JKO RPGs .I agree with you a hundred percent that the RPers shouldnt go to FFA servers and try to force their 'RPG Cult Ways' on the FFAers . I play all aspects of JKO and one of them is RPG,but seriously sometimes I get tired of typing and just wanna blow something up,but to say dont include RPG aspects in JKIII is biased and wrong. What someone does with their copy of JKO is their buisness and you shouldnt criticise them for it. Yeah sure if they come into a FFA and get all pissed off cause you guys arent RPing be my guest to get mad,but just /kick the guy fromur server problem solved...dont ruin the Other Genres of JKO world for others just for you opinionated views.
And as I said in the Sticky thread at top just include thewse rpg features for cheat enabled or something...or just leave the option open for us to be able to create an RPG Mod from it thats All I was asking... I guarantee you RPers using RPG Mod wont bother ur FFA servers ;)

There is nothing wrong with what you stated and quite frankly I wish more people had the same attitude you did in regards to the RPG stuff.
You have no desire to force anything upon others you just want the option to do something you enjoy with similar minded people.

There is a big difference between a "true RPG guy" like your self and what many of us refer to as the "fan boy" or "saber noobie".

A fan boy/saber noobie is not a role player, he/she is a player who believes these stupid made up "codes of honor" (see link in first post) are the law of the land.

I'm not joking when I say there are almost no saber only/FFA servers out there that actually allow you to just come in and play anymore.

Even ones with no rules or admins always have voting enabled and the dozen or so guys standing around having bowing contests will vote you off if you so much as nick them with a saber as you walk by.

I have literally seen people argue on a FFA server over things like:

I have more honor than you do!
No I have more honor!
No you're a lamer!
No you lamed me first so I counter-lamed!
I only counter-lamed because you had no honor!
Look you **** **** **** I HAVE MORE HONOR!

Back in the day you went to SO/FFA servers and people were flying all over the place doing NOTHING BUT playing. It was just like any other FPS FFA server minus the guns.

Now it's just sad what goes in them.

My gripe is not with the "true role players" in JK2; I never go on Omni mod servers or mess with them.
Far as I'm concerned have fun and more power to you.

My problem is with the "bow or I will vote you off the server" people and I have no desire to see JK3 end up like that.
 Emon
04-02-2003, 4:59 PM
People want emotes that make you invulerable so you can sit on your ass and annoy other people. Asside from being annoying as ****, it ****s up gameplay. There's nothing worse than some ass hole with the flag on his back sitting Indian style in the middle of the map. The game never ****ing ends.
 Jolts
04-02-2003, 5:16 PM
swg will be out before jk3, and it will suck up 90% of the rpging lameness. What I don't understand it why they don't mod nwn or something else designed to rpg in. They obviously don't care about quality work, a little crayola over some midevil models and they should be happy.

My worst fear about JO is sloppyness. Slip slap slop movement and undefined key poses in animations. People that flip over you and instead of landing ski away before the animation is done playing. If the game is already 60-70% done they should have lots of time to clean old systems up.

"GD: What's left to do?

JZ: What's not left to do? Let's see. The story is done. The levels are in place. Most of the characters are done. Saber combat is far along. "

awsome so they have alot of time to refine refine refiine? ragdoll physics? maybe time to give girls a female walk cycle instead othe copish kyle walk? what girls walk like this?
http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/apr03/jediknight301.jpg)
 ryudom
04-02-2003, 5:24 PM
first of all emon, you know you can kick them right? heh.

second of all, i'm sure raven won't do anyanything like that lol
 Ronin_Medjai
04-02-2003, 5:38 PM
Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed
There is nothing wrong with what you stated and quite frankly I wish more people had the same attitude you did in regards to the RPG stuff.
You have no desire to force anything upon others you just want the option to do something you enjoy with similar minded people.

There is a big difference between a "true RPG guy" like your self and what many of us refer to as the "fan boy" or "saber noobie".

A fan boy/saber noobie is not a role player, he/she is a player who believes these stupid made up "codes of honor" (see link in first post) are the law of the land.

Once Again I agree with you we "true RPG guys" usually shun the Fanboys cause in all honesty they are lousy. They are lousy at FFAs so they try to force their Honor Coides on others,and they are lousy at RPGs as well. They try to turn them into TFFA servers with their implemented Honor Codes.
I usually boot fanboys from my RPG Server all the time they are lame... Using MGS2 Characters like Greyfox or Solid Snake,or better yet LOTR, or some other movie they have seen its really lame to see Snake Pliskin with a lightsaber it ruins both Games IMO its an insult.

People want emotes that make you invulerable so you can sit on your ass and annoy other people. Asside from being annoying as ****, it ****s up gameplay. There's nothing worse than some ass hole with the flag on his back sitting Indian style in the middle of the map. The game never ****ing ends.

Ahhhh what you speak of is probly Adminmod which is usually run on FF FFA Servers or Clan Servers and I have to agree with you its lame. The Ability to use an emote to avoid fighting is very lame,and a lot of time they will use GRip on you while in the Emote and you cant do jack!
I dont use AM for RPGs and I doubt others do we use Big mods that clients have to download and peeps who like to FFA obviously wouldnt download them so it distinguishes the servers apart. We are already working on an RPG Mod for JKO so maybe once thats released you guys will have less problems,but dont ruin JK3 for us "Real RPers" I guarantee you
I wont whine to anyone about anything I didnt care about any of the Changes in JKO I just adjust my style and techniques. The Real way to get Better is to Practice. As for the Fanboys I will unite with you on Destroying them as I kill them myselves Im usually the one they vote kick out of their FFA servers cause I killed someone with their saber down ,but I only see two types of games in JKO.

RPGs
Non-RPGs (Anything Goes)
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 5:57 PM
Originally posted by Emon
There's nothing worse than some ass hole with the flag on his back sitting Indian style in the middle of the map. The game never ****ing ends.

Oh man that's funny, never seen that one (don't play much CTF though).

Two ways to kill /amsit users:

Saber throws and kicks.

Both will cause normal damage on that emote or the standing up/crossed arms one.
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai
its really lame to see Snake Pliskin with a lightsaber

Lol I would imagine it would be hard to "stay in character" when you have guys running around who look like Spider-Man, Wesley Snipes and Shakira.
 Emon
04-02-2003, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by ryudom
first of all emon, you know you can kick them right? heh.

second of all, i'm sure raven won't do anyanything like that lol

I was mocking the people who want emotes that can do that so they can sit on their asses and chat all day.
 CanadianSurfer
04-02-2003, 7:25 PM
I've had the same problems with that, I kill someone in a duel and they start saying :

"LIKE OMGZ LUKE SKYWALKER DIDN'T DO THAT IN THE MOVIE!!"

If JK3 turns out like, I won't even bother to get it. I play this game for fun and not to get kicked by saber noobs that say "I'm not honorable".
 Jeff 42
04-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Two ways to kill /amsit users:

Saber throws and kicks.

Both will cause normal damage on that emote or the standing up/crossed arms one.
Once I was playing Jedi Master (yes, it is sometimes possible to find a game in that mode), and this one guy became the Jedi Master and then went into the sit emote. Of course, it's impossible for anyone besides the Jedi Master to saber throw or kick. What a loser.
 shock ~ unnamed
04-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Yet another reason why any and all admin/emote mods should be burned and destroyed.
 Prime
04-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Yet another reason why any and all admin/emote mods should be burned and destroyed. Just burned and destroyed? You are too kind. I say bring in the nukes...

If another person tells me kissing is "kewl", and when I refuse they call me gay, I'm going to scream.
 Spider AL
04-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Quite.

"You want to kiss ME? Here. Kiss my lightsabre."

*Tzzt*
 Mandalorian54
04-03-2003, 12:27 AM
This thread's been fun to read.

I don't seem to have too much of a problem with that, at least not when it did work on my CP. Now I need a new video card. But soon I will rise again to rid the world of fanboys.

When I see one, I chase his lame ass down and pummle him with Thermal detenators. He bitch talks me, I Bitch the hell outa him and cram his gay purple saber down his throat(no offense to people who use purple sabers)

I usually steer clear of servers that specify saber down=safe. If it doesn't specify, then too bad for the little crybaby who doesn't like it, I kill him any"F"ing way. They usually leave after that, and I peacfully go about Killing the rest of those children who think they're all powerfull cuz they have a glowing stick. When someone else who is good finally comes on, it get's interesting.

I can't stand those kids who think bowing and being honorable makes them a cool all powerfull Jedi. I kill them in three hits, and laph at them.:p

They soon realize who owns them!
 Aoshi
04-03-2003, 12:07 PM
WIEGRAF!!!... i'm addicted to FFT again for like the 7th time... =(
 C'jais
04-03-2003, 2:02 PM
Geez.

You guys show more conviction and passion in your rhetoric than me burning Xians on a moody in the Senate.

I salute thee.
 nova_wolf
04-03-2003, 2:34 PM
I think that a nice server of their own would be a good way to handle this.

I liked the online code of honour of bowing, but only at the start of a duel - was nice.

One of the servers I played on had a specific area where the Code was upheld. An exhibition area. Bespins Landing pad normally. the whole saber on / off was upheld there only.

Everywhere else was open season. That worked well. Proper duelling was allowed in one place, blasting in another.

But I agree that this whole RPGing it to match the films is crap though.

If you want that, make a level to emmulate the movie sequences.

Just as long as people do accept a server inposed honour code, then thats good.

Its like religion. Practise it where its wanted - dont preach to or try and convert those who honestly couldnt give a Wokie's testical - it will only end in tears and blood - YOURS!
 CanadianSurfer
04-03-2003, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Aoshi
WIEGRAF!!!... i'm addicted to FFT again for like the 7th time... =(

Heh. :)
Page: 1 of 2