Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Status of the MOD

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Linux
04-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone

I must say first that Rich pulled quite a good joke on all of us. I didn't even get to see the page when it was up due to a long day at school and work, but judging by the number of threads and responses, it got a lot of peoples attention.

I'm really grateful for this because this means there are so many of you anxiously waiting for this MOD to get finished!

So, I felt obliged to let everyone know where we are with things and to reassure everyone that we are on track.

Obviously, as has been mentioned in other threads, things are moving slowly due to myself and half the team being involved in school and other real life duties. BUT, we are making steady progress. The new textures continue to come in at the rate of about 15 per week. We are busy skinning and making the effects for the new weapons, player models are all still in progress, maps are stalled, but I have 2 new mappers that may be joining the team very soon, and finally the code work is about to begin again.

We have a large number of assets finished, and it's mostly up to the mappers now to start giving us a place to put all those assets into game play before we can really start to make it all look "put together."

All in all, things are really "playable" yet, but we have a ton of resources finished, and once we get some maps completed and some codework done we'll probably be able put together an alpha test by mid-summer.

Honestly at this point I'm pretty sure the release version of the MOD won't be done until Christmas 2003 - quite a bit later than what I wanted - but that's just the way things go in this type of endeavor. Luckily I have a great team of guys and gals that are really dedicated and donate all their time for free, so I can't complain.

Anyway, thanks for the continued interest and support. Rich pulled a terrific publicity stunt today and surely garnered us lots of attention - there's no such thing as bad press - and perhaps we can attract some more people to the team from all of this.

thanks again to all of you!~~

Darth Linux
 The Count
04-02-2003, 2:34 PM
Gee a nasty prank you played on us and telling us the MOD will be delayed, I'd hate to be your enemy Darth Linux :D
 Darth_Linux
04-02-2003, 3:15 PM
Actually, the prank was all "The One"s idea. I didn't find out about it till last night.
 The Count
04-02-2003, 5:48 PM
Yeah I'm only kidding, take as long as you want with the MOD, I'd rather wait another year to play a real Single Player game than another half baked 'kill the reborn and the resurrected Dessan' single player level.
 Geoffrey S
04-03-2003, 1:49 PM
How is the recreation of textures going?
 Katarn07
04-03-2003, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
The new textures continue to come in at the rate of about 15 per week.

This is the best update I've seen yet. Very detailed. Thanks for the info!

*** This right here will complement your thread, Darth.

Progress
LEVELS:

I: The Secret Base
100%
II: After the Massacre
35%
III: The Subterranean Hideout
50%
IV: Imperial Weapons Research Facility
10%
V: The Blood Moon
35%
VI: Crix Madine's Fate
0%
VII: Deadly Cargo
0%
VIII: Ice Station Beta
25%
IX: The Death Mark
35%
X: Jabba's Revenge
0%
XI: The Imperial Mask
0%
XII: Smuggler's Hijack
0%
XIII: The Stowaway
80%
XIV: The Dark Awakening
50%

OTHER:

Models
50%
Sound
70%
Music
90%
Scripting, Front End menus etc...
20%
Texture Re-creation
40%

TOTAL:

35%

Final Release Date:
Summer Christmas 2003

Demo Release Date:
Out Now!
 The_One
04-03-2003, 2:52 PM
Trust Katarn07 to notice the textures percentage went up by 5% last update ;)
 The Count
04-03-2003, 3:38 PM
Hmmmm that is abit sad. I can't wait for the MOD but not THAT much.
 Katarn07
04-03-2003, 3:52 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Trust Katarn07 to notice the textures percentage went up by 5% last update ;)

Actually, I was highlighting it for for Geoffrey... :p Only correction I made on that was the ETA.
 The_One
04-03-2003, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Actually, I was highlighting it for for Geoffrey... :p Only correction I made on that was the ETA.

Liar :p
 Katarn07
04-03-2003, 3:58 PM
I wouldn't lie. I brag about having posted so much stuff in your forum. I even posted an advertisement for you here (http://www.echonetwork.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=604). That might get more visitors to your site, and maybe some new team members... ;)
 The_One
04-03-2003, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I wouldn't lie. I brag about having posted so much stuff in your forum. I even posted an advertisement for you here (http://www.echonetwork.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=604). That might get more visitors to your site, and maybe some new team members... ;)

Hey, hey - put your handbag away :)

Thanks for the plug!
 The_One
04-03-2003, 4:07 PM
*VERY LOUD COUGH*

"Bloody Limey Humor..."

*warms up the 'evil-moderator' stick*

:p
 Ackehallgren
04-04-2003, 9:39 AM
Man i cant WAIT for the final version of the MOD :D
 The_One
04-04-2003, 2:44 PM
Looks like you're gonna have to...

Hopefully I can get an ingame trailer (or two) together when we have our alpha build. And I'm not talking about a one minute ****ty resolution one. I mean about 4 minutes of 640x480 action ;)
 StormHammer
04-04-2003, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Looks like you're gonna have to...

Hopefully I can get an ingame trailer (or two) together when we have our alpha build. And I'm not talking about a one minute ****ty resolution one. I mean about 4 minutes of 640x480 action ;)

Can you make sure it's under 15Mb in size? I have problems downloading larger files. :(
 The_One
04-04-2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Can you make sure it's under 15Mb in size? I have problems downloading larger files. :(

Well, I'd do a 320x240 version as well. I know some good optimzation settings for .mov files (likely format). And before you ask, even thought it's way too early, I'm not going to be doing a million different resolutions and formats - you get what you're given ;) But, that's all a way in the future.

StormHammer, how are you planning to download the full MOD? That ain't gonna be under 15 megs :p
Page: 1 of 1