Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has modeling died

Page: 1 of 1
 FuzzyOtis
03-25-2003, 5:36 PM
??? has it died cause like the last model was submitted in january and its like what march??? k
 Rebel_Spy
03-25-2003, 5:41 PM
Not true. The last one submiited was on March 19, though. It was NeoMarz's Zam Wessel. Get it here! (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=11811)

btw, this should be on the yoda's swamp or something. The showcase modeling thread was intented for showing your creations to the community and get some feedback about it, not for posting this kind of inquires.
 boinga1
03-25-2003, 6:23 PM
um.... dude....there'e more to jk2 modding than www.jediknightii.net). www.jk2files.com) is the best of now, also www.pcgamemods.com).
:newbie:
 DarkLord60
03-25-2003, 7:39 PM
Those are the big three and have earned a spot in my favorites folder.
 Brodin
03-25-2003, 8:20 PM
I really dont think modelling has died, considering how many WIP's are going on, on these forums alone. And how many more are going on that are not on these forums.
 Kain
03-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Someone should make a WIP of the Soul Reaver sword as a lightsaber *HINT HINT!!!*:D
 ninja
03-26-2003, 3:56 AM
hhahaha this is so dumb. i say it like this.... ask a stupid question, and you recieve a stupid answer. read!!!!
 SettingShadow
03-26-2003, 4:01 AM
Hello? Look around, maybe? Theres a bunch of WIP's going on here. oh and btw, www.jediknightii.net) is dead, there are other sites...
 Hekx
03-26-2003, 5:35 AM
www.massassi.net) too. ;)
 Higginson
03-26-2003, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by MydnightPsion
Someone should make a WIP of the Soul Reaver sword as a lightsaber *HINT HINT!!!*:D

Best idea ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Kurgan
03-28-2003, 5:37 PM
There is a problem with the files server, else the latest stuff would be posted on JK2.net right now.

If you wish, submit your models to me and I'll host them on a temp spot until they can be posted in the files section (but I can't handle everything, only a few).

Also, it takes time to make good quality stuff, so you should be patient (or make some yourself!). ; )
 Hekx
03-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Modelling never dies. You can also search google for European sites with files. You may not understand the text, but you can still download. ;)
 Toonces
03-29-2003, 11:49 AM
No, it's far from dead, I still have multiple projects that I'm working on.

Now if I can only find time to work on them :(
 The Count
03-29-2003, 4:30 PM
Modelling for JK2 won't die till Toonces dies :D
 Obikenobi
04-06-2003, 4:17 PM
Looks to me like it alive and well and will get a revitalization with the new new game coming out. Here why don't you take a look at this link it will give you something to do with some of the models you already have. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96471)
 Tesla
04-06-2003, 4:46 PM
Modelling.........dead NEVER!!, i mean looking at all the sites and the wip on the modelling page ,just because not a lot of files have been submitted over the past month or whatever it is,these models take time (a few months) not a week just wait will you!!
 AlzWisHum
04-06-2003, 5:09 PM
I think modelling will gain a new breath when JK3 is released. Since the models are compatible and all... :)
 SkiTzoGuy
04-07-2003, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by AlzWisHum
I think modelling will gain a new breath when JK3 is released. Since the models are compatible and all... :)

I agree with you a 100% on that, but modeling hasn't really slowed down has it? i don't think so. but you are right with the models gaining a boost when jk3 comes out.
 AlzWisHum
04-07-2003, 12:07 PM
It slowed down a bit. Since 'most wanted' models came to life, ppl stopped checking, but I think this will be just temporary.
 Toonces
04-07-2003, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by AlzWisHum

Chances are that some extra steps will have to be taken to get existing models in game, but JKA will revitalize the community for many reasons, not to mention the fact that it's a new game. :) I'd be more active if not for the fact that my life is crazy right now.

I'm considering moving this thread to general editing, but I'm going to keep it here until I talk to the bosses
 Darth Loki
04-07-2003, 9:27 PM
but JKA will revitalize the community for many reasons, not to mention the fact that it's a new game.

and the fact it is giving the community what it wanted in the first place - new stances, proper stances for the light staff and two saber style. and twi'leks with properly weighted lekku. that simply cant be beat.
 Toonces
04-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Darth Loki
and the fact it is giving the community what it wanted in the first place - new stances, proper stances for the light staff and two saber style. and twi'leks with properly weighted lekku. that simply cant be beat.

You really DO love those twi'leks don't ya? ;)

It's nice too see your still hanging around here Loki :)
 AlzWisHum
04-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
Chances are that some extra steps will have to be taken to get existing models in game, but JKA will revitalize the community for many reasons, not to mention the fact that it's a new game. :) I'd be more active if not for the fact that my life is crazy right now.

Always liked your models Toonces, and I know the exact feeling you're going through, since I'm living the rush myself. I hope things calm down a little for ya. ;)

Myself, and a great deal of ppl on this forum would certainly love to see your work being ported/converted to JA.
 ninja
04-08-2003, 1:21 AM
ok can we kill this thread already lol.
 Hindy
04-09-2003, 8:10 AM
I agree enough already...
Page: 1 of 1