Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Troopers vs Terminators

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
03-17-2003, 8:06 AM
What do you think would happen if the two ultimate fighting machines went head to head? Every Terminator model vs every Dark Trooper model. Alot of good debate can come from this I think. For me, as much as Id like to go for the SW option I really can say for sure, so Im currently undecided. Alright, debate away.
 Darth Groovy
03-17-2003, 9:01 AM
Heh,

what about the battle droids?
 Lynk Former
03-17-2003, 9:02 AM
Terminator... well the Arnie one anywayz, the others are all too dumb... :p

( speaking of VS debates, i've seen in another forum far far away a debate over "Goku (from Dragonball Z) VS Superman" why did i bring that up?... beats the hell outta me :D )
 swphreak
03-17-2003, 11:46 AM
I chose Dark Trooper. It has the blaster cannon, I think is has some kind of missiles tucked in somewhere, it can fly (or what I've seen), and probably some other stuff I'm missing.

All I know about Terminators is that they aren't effected too much by bullets, they're robots (duh), and they look like humans.... and I gathered all that from T2
 Taos
03-17-2003, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I chose Dark Trooper. It has the blaster cannon, I think is has some kind of missiles tucked in somewhere, it can fly (or what I've seen), and probably some other stuff I'm missing.

I agree with that! Not all of the terminator's are like Arnold.....unless there was an army of Arnold's, the Darktroops would destroy them. :)
 dark jedi 8
03-17-2003, 3:30 PM
i agree! darktrooper would win.

i think even against an army of arnold's because a couple of shots from a DT's cannon would take out a terminator. plus aren't darktroopers really tall? plus it would probably depend on which phase darktrooper. the phase 3 could easily kick terminator ass.
 swphreak
03-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Oh yes, forgot about the phases. a Phase 1 would get it's ass kicked. a Phase 2 would probably survive, and the Phase 3 would Destroy
 JediNyt
03-18-2003, 1:45 PM
Ok it appears some people arent familiar with the Terminator models and their capabilities. Arnold is a T-101, T-101s are the majority of Terminator models, they make up the bulk of the army. Basically theyre just like a Phase I Dark Trooper. As far as theyre weaponry goes they carry what appears to be a rapid fire plasma gun as seen in the movies. So to compare it to SW weapons its like a heavy repeater.

T-1000s are much more advanced. The bad guy in T2 was a T-1000. Theyre made of liquid metal and can shape shift into anything of the same size including their limbs into blades.

The T-X which is the newest model which will be in T3 this summer appears to be a machine like the T-101 is, only it is coated in T-1000 metal and its arms can morph into heavy energy firing weapons.

See the T-X in action here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/t3/)

Now the Dark Troopers.

Phase I is pretty much like a T-101 so theyd be equal.

Phase II is bigger, tougher and has a jet pack. It carries a rapid fire blaster cannon.

Phase III is just like Phase II only bigger and tougher and has rockets as well as a blaster cannon.

Obviously all Terminators and Dark Troopers can take quite a beating before breaking down and each new model is faster and tougher than the last. If I forgot to mension anything please post it.
 dark jedi 8
03-18-2003, 8:29 PM
i think ya got everything!

by the way thanks for the link for the trailer! it was pretty cool!:D
 Redwing
03-19-2003, 4:37 AM
Never seen the Terminators so I couldn't say ^.^
 JediNyt
03-22-2003, 9:16 PM
I think Ive made my decision. Dark Troopers over all have more firepower and armor, not to mention their jet pack.

*Clicks Dark Trooper*
 Katarn07
03-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Dark Trooper. They're buff with Phrik metal plating, they have giant plasma charged guns, can fly, and are smart for droids. Also, I have never seen more than one model of Terminator, just the infamous exoskeleton that the DT P1 is a ripoff of.
 Snafu7
03-23-2003, 11:36 AM
i'd say terminator
Page: 1 of 1