Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tears of the Sun

Page: 1 of 2
 JediNyt
03-08-2003, 1:38 AM
I saw it today, opening day, it was good though quite sobering. Good action especially when the SEALs are sneaking around doin their thing :thumbsup:. An action packed war movie with a good story and bitter sweet ending. A few sad and some horrorible parts, you really wanna just hate those rebels, pure evil they are. All in all, good movie, award deserving. What are your thoughts?

Post only if youve seen it.
 Lynk Former
03-08-2003, 5:49 AM
I haven't seen it... :D

What's it about?
 Rogue15
03-08-2003, 9:20 AM
i heard it didn't get good reviews, probably won't see it. =/
 leXX
03-08-2003, 1:46 PM
Never heard of it!
 Kain
03-08-2003, 1:57 PM
Bruce Willis can't make a bad movie. All critics should be dragged into the street and shot. They suck.
I ain't seen it yet, but I plan on it sometime soon
 Darth Homer
03-08-2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
i heard it didn't get good reviews, probably won't see it. =/

Critics always give poor reviews to action movies...most didn't like Ep 2 very much either, if memory serves
 Zulu
03-08-2003, 3:14 PM
sorry cant say that i have seen it.....
 dark jedi 8
03-08-2003, 4:16 PM
i hate critics too, but i plan on seeing this movie soon, looks good.
 Lord Fergie
03-08-2003, 4:19 PM
Why make a poll for those who have seen it if you just saw it on opening day?

I might see it :indif:
 ckcsaber
03-08-2003, 6:31 PM
I love Bruce Willis. Even if the movie is generally bad (mostly due to plot ie. 5th Element) he still lights up the screen. I plan to see this movie very soon.
 JediNyt
03-09-2003, 3:37 AM
Did attention spans suddenly drop around here? You talk about spam and how pointless it is, so why do you post in this thread when you havent seen the movie? I made it clear in the opening post. Do people just not read the opening post anymore? If and when you see the movie you may post about it.
 Lynk Former
03-09-2003, 4:28 AM
Originally posted by JediNyt
Post only if youve seen it.

:D ehehehhe
 leXX
03-10-2003, 4:47 AM
Originally posted by JediNyt
Did attention spans suddenly drop around here? You talk about spam and how pointless it is, so why do you post in this thread when you havent seen the movie? I made it clear in the opening post. Do people just not read the opening post anymore? If and when you see the movie you may post about it.

Wow, we are in a good mood arn't we? Are you really surprised noone has seen it yet when you post about it on the opening day? Also if people have never heard about it and want to know more about the film, don't you think they have the right to ask?
 Lynk Former
03-10-2003, 7:51 AM
Lexx is right, I have seriously never seen it, so I wanna know what it it's about and all. No need to get all hung up just cause no one's seen it... *shrugs* And anywayz, since when is there a restriction to who can and can't post anywhere?
 JediNyt
03-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Why do you think that you have see it right away? I saw it opening day, so what? When people see it, they can post about it. If you want to know about it, check previews, reviews, and such. I wasnt angry and my words only showed annoyance. You guys critisize other people for spam which is posting something that doesnt contribute to the thread at all. If you havent seen it, fine, why should several people post just to say that they havent seen it? You understand right? Isnt that part of the rules? If you have a real question about the movie, ask it.
 leXX
03-10-2003, 3:12 PM
Firstly, it's not for you to decide who does and doesn't post in a thread you create, this is a forum. If people wish to say 'What's it about?' 'Never heard of it', they have every right to do so.

Secondly, it's not for you to decide what constitutes spam, it's up to the mods. Sometimes we are leniant in order to let a conversation get flowing, after all, that is what we are all here for.

Thirdly, instead of complaining about the lack of desired response to your thread, why not be helpful instead. Post some information on the film, your review of it, a few links etc.
 Lynk Former
03-10-2003, 6:06 PM
*claps at Lexx*

That's why you're the mod and I'm just the guy who posts in Aresen... :D
 JediNyt
03-10-2003, 7:19 PM
Im not flaming or playing mod or anything if thats what your thinkin. I was under the impression that I see mods giving to other people. Again Im not angry, Im not pretentious, I thought I was following the rules. I guess I got a bit fed up with seeing lots of spam lately in other threads. I hope Im not giving any wrong impressions about my personality. Im glad to know mods here are more lenient than others at previous forums I visited. Lets pls forget about this I hate looking bad like this. I just asked what people thought of the movie when they saw it. Whats it about? Well, 8 US Navy SEALs are sent into Nigeria to rescue a missionary doctor before the rebel uprising comes to the village to wipe it out for an ethnic clensing. She wont leave without the people she is helping so basically its about the SEALs trying to get these people and the doctor to the safe zone while in constant persuit of the barbaric rebels. Very well done although imo I think Black Hawk Down and Saving Private Ryan are better. :)
 Lynk Former
03-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Bleah it's strange I haven't even heard of this movie... what's goin on here?!
 wassup
03-13-2003, 12:26 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808405048)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are search engines on the Internet :D
 Lynk Former
03-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by wassup
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808405048)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are search engines on the Internet :D

Yeah but most people can't be bothered because they're too busy with other things ie. webmastering an anime site...
 vegietto
03-14-2003, 11:45 PM
it was great when i saw it
 wassup
03-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
Yeah but most people can't be bothered because they're too busy with other things ie. webmastering an anime site...

So why dont you spend the time posting at this thread asking for more info and use it to research the info up yourself? :confused:
 Echuu Shen-Jon
03-15-2003, 4:37 AM
I've really never heard of it!
 Lynk Former
03-15-2003, 5:08 AM
So why dont you spend the time posting at this thread asking for more info and use it to research the info up yourself? :confused:

*stares at wassup's avatar...* ...cause... i'm... too... lazy... and... don't... give... a... bouncy... mmmmmm...
 wassup
03-16-2003, 4:04 PM
lol...click the link in my sig for more "bouncy" fun :naughty:
 Darth Groovy
03-16-2003, 8:41 PM
I just saw it last night. I rather enjoyed it. Two things that impressed me the most, was Bruce Willis playing a part that contradicts his usuall "John McClain" cowboy hero role. The second is that this movie is full of surprises, I found nothing too predictable about this film.
 JediNyt
03-17-2003, 6:05 AM
Agreed. Definately unpredictable. The suspense was also a great part of it. Especially how they snuck into that village that was being massacred and wiped out the rebels one by one and did it so stealthly that the rebels didnt even know they were being attacked. I was also glad when they saved that one guy from burning, that was scary.Btw thx to those who stayed relevant to the topic.
 Lynk Former
03-17-2003, 6:49 AM
lol...click the link in my sig for more "bouncy" fun :naughty:

oh... dude... i'm savin that page to be viewed offline...
 leXX
03-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Enough with the 'bouncy' :rolleyes: talk already! Stay on topic please people.
 Lynk Former
03-18-2003, 1:22 AM
But Lexx... SO BOUNCY!!
 wassup
03-18-2003, 1:26 AM
lol my avy is gone...meany mods :D

Anyways lets get back on topic here. This looks to be a good movie, but can someone tell me when this story takes place. Like, during Vietnam, or present time?
 JediNyt
03-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Around present time.
 Darth Groovy
03-18-2003, 1:06 PM
But Lexx... SO BOUNCY!!

Hey Link Farmer, her name is spelled leXX, you dolt! :p

Back to the subject:

I think most people think it is set in Vietnam, because of the jungle scenery, but the movie takes place in present day Africa.
 leXX
03-18-2003, 1:22 PM
Yes, thank you Groovy. :D

Well I've read a couple of reviews and it sounds really good. I'm definately gonna rent it when the time comes. I like every film Bruce Willis has been in so far.
 Darth Groovy
03-18-2003, 1:53 PM
No No, Don't rent it!!!

Get a baby sitter, get the hubby and go see it in the theater, good movies in a theater are hard to come by lately! :D
 JediNyt
03-18-2003, 2:02 PM
Yes indeed. The theater experience is the best. You really get the full effect of the movie instead of watching it on some small box in your living room, unless youve got some huge plasma panel TV :drool1:. But still who wants to wait that long? The theater is special to me, thats just how I feel.
 leXX
03-18-2003, 2:08 PM
Well you've both convinced me. If I can get a babysitter (mum or sister) I'll definately go see it. ;)
 Lynk Former
03-18-2003, 4:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Hey Link Farmer, her name is spelled leXX, you dolt! :p

*scratches his head*

What the hell's up with you? O.o

And anywayz, I can spell it Lexx, lexx, LeXx, lExX.. or however the hell I want... so :p prrrrrffffffffffffttttttt :D

^_^
 Redwing
03-19-2003, 4:26 AM
*pops in without warning*

It loses its meaning if you do that. ;)

edit: It is strange that you haven't heard of this, Lynk. Here, even watching relatively little TV, I've been deluged with alot of (very pretty) movie ads for it. ^.^ Maybe it's just here.
 leXX
03-19-2003, 6:07 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
It loses its meaning if you do that. ;)

Exactly. :) There is a very good reason why it's the way it is.
 Lynk Former
03-19-2003, 6:48 AM
LeXXX *winks* :D
 Darth Groovy
03-22-2003, 5:50 PM
*scratches his head*

What the hell's up with you? O.o

And anywayz, I can spell it Lexx, lexx, LeXx, lExX.. or however the hell I want... so :p prrrrrffffffffffffttttttt :D

^_^

*shrugs* Can't help it. Your just so much fun to razz...:p
 leXX
03-22-2003, 9:08 PM
That's ok, I'll just call him Link until he get's it right. ;)
 Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 4:45 AM
lol if you really do wanna waste an extra 1 second bolding an i for me that's quite alright lexx :D
 leXX
03-23-2003, 2:47 PM
What's an extra one second in the vast expanse of time link? :D
 Darth Groovy
03-24-2003, 4:29 AM
Originally posted by leXX
What's an extra one second in the vast expanse of time link? :D http://www.themanipulation.com/owned.jpg)

:rofl:
 Lynk Former
03-24-2003, 5:07 AM
lol *shrugs* i dunno i'm just trying to say i don't care :p
 Ninja Outkast
03-24-2003, 8:06 AM
what is it?
 Lynk Former
03-24-2003, 9:38 AM
@ leXX

*sigh* I really can't be bothered making trouble at the moment, plus you're a mod at the swamp so I imagine you already have enough to cope with so I'll cut ya some slack since I've only ever annoyed you slightly since I first saw you :D

*gets out flowers and chocolates and gets down on one knee* I offer a peace offering. I won't bug you any more and If I do it was the voices taking over my mind...
Page: 1 of 2