Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Virginity?

Page: 1 of 2
 access_flux
02-28-2003, 7:16 PM
what do you guys think about virginity? i am dating a virgin and i might get pretty serious pretty soon.... and also i lost mine to a farkin slut, which i wish never happened, but whats your opinion... something to be taken serious or not?
 munik
02-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Don't take it seriously. 'Cause you know it's gonna suck, but you're gonna do it anyway. Maybe you can work her in for the rest of the guys. Think of it as a community service :)
 Kain
02-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by munik
Don't take it seriously. 'Cause you know it's gonna suck, but you're gonna do it anyway. Maybe you can work her in for the rest of the guys. Think of it as a community service :)

i realize that thats probably sarcasim, but wtf? thats the sickest thing i've...nvm

anyways, treat her with respect. I'm a virgin and so is my gf. we intend on keeping that way for a looooooong time.
 munik
02-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Attempt at humor I reckon. But not sarcastic.

I mean, c'mon. How many posts have you read about tips or tactics written to help out new players? How many times have you heard someone use the word "noob" in reference to a new player, because being new is less then good? How many players help out a new player, because they know that a player with knowledge of how to play the game proficiently will enjoy it much more, as well as be good competition for his/her opponents?

So, sex is different then? It's better to be inexperienced, unknowledgeable, and ignorant?

Man, if I knew then what I know now about sex, I definately would have had a more enjoyable time, as well as the women I was with.
 ET Warrior
03-01-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm a virgin, and I plan to stay so for quite some time.

I have a friend who is well versed in the ways of sex and such, and he's always telling me how he wishes he never would have started, and would have waited. I was already planning on waiting, but he makes me want to wait even moreso.
 Luc Solar
03-01-2003, 3:47 AM
There's no point in arguing this (either) if it turns into a religious thing.

Imho: Sex is fun period

* The more you have it the better you get at it (unless you're dumb).

* The better you are, the better you will make you and your partner feel.

It's really that simple. Same thing goes for kissing or giving a massage. Get better --> give more pleasure.

Whether or not someone has had sex before is actually no different from whether or not she/he has kissed/watched the sunset/watched a movie etc.etc. with someone before.

You might think it sucks, but...honestly; what difference does that make? Makes you feel insecure? Can't handle the pressure of "performing"? Well that's your problem, get over it.

Naturally you should both be willing and ready for sex and use protection...blah blah blah....but seeing sex as something Holy that must not be "wasted" is silly.

It's fun, completely free and you never run out of it. It's the best way to show love to your partner and give her/him great pleasure.

And sex is sex whether or not it's just fiddling around or intercourse. I think it's absurd that in the eyes of the majority someone who has been having anal & oral sex daily for a decade is considered a Virgin, 'cause he didn't stick it in the right hole. :rolleyes:

If we're talking about intercourse alone..fine. But imho intercourse does not = sex.

Ok. Carry on :)
 FunClown
03-01-2003, 9:35 AM
I guess its a personal choice.
 C'jais
03-01-2003, 2:45 PM
If you both feel you're ready, what is holding you back?

Just do it ;)
 Darklighter
03-02-2003, 1:18 PM
access_flux, if it starts getting serious, and you feel that strongly for her, you know it's going to happen anyway. If you see yourself as the type of guy to do this for her for the first time in her life, then go for it. Like Mydnight said, treat her with respect, and remember what it must be like for her. You gotta think about how she is feeling.

As for me, I'm still a virgin. I was in my first serious relationship about half a year ago that lasted for a few months. I really thought that it was gonna happen, even when we started fighting and disagreeing with each other about everything. Looking back now, I'm glad she dumped me. I would have hated to lose my virginity to someone like that, I was just desperate I guess.

Now though, I've been going out with this girl for just over a month. She really is amazing, we get on so well, and we have so much in common. She a virgin too, and hasn't had a serious relationship before, so its special for both of us. I'm sure it will happen soon enough. When it does, I'll never forget it.
 Azrael
03-03-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm still a virgin, and while I don't plan on being one for a long time, I probably will be anyway. If you know what I mean.:)
 Nitro
03-03-2003, 8:48 AM
Sex is a big deal until you've had it... After that it's like drinking milk, or eating cookies.
 Rogue Nine
03-03-2003, 9:00 AM
Or doing both at the same time.
 ShockV1.89
03-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by munik
Maybe you can work her in for the rest of the guys. Think of it as a community service :)

:rofl: :rofl:
 RpTheHotrod
03-03-2003, 11:59 AM
I'll never forget my first true love. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. From her dark, raven hair to her slender, yellow, scaly feet, she was all woman. She loved corn, and could eat it all day with her hard, yellowish lips. "Caw!" she would yell, as a joke, then flap her arms with delight. One day, she was sitting on a fence, and some guy shot her.

btw, I'm joking.
 Azrael
03-03-2003, 2:34 PM
lmao, it was the guy in your avatar, wasn't it?
 RpTheHotrod
03-03-2003, 6:29 PM
Wow..I even got a private message about that paragraph...lol
 shukrallah
03-03-2003, 10:24 PM
im a virgin, im ganna stay one till im married, if i have sex with a girl now, and we break up, it will be like i was having sex with some other guys wife, i wouldnt like that, so ill wait.;)
 Ratmjedi
03-04-2003, 2:46 AM
I am a virgin myself but I am not going to wait for it. I use to think that I wanted to wait for it but it is such a hard thing to do. I also am not just going to go out and get it from whoever I can get it from.

If I am going to lose I should lose it to someone that I have strong feelings for at that moment. I can't think back and say I am going to wait to get married and then do it. What if when you do it for your first time she sucks at it or you do? It is better to get expierence and to have some sort of idea of what you are doing. It also get's the I want to do it with someone else feeling out of the picture. You aren't going to get tempted by it and do it just because you are curiouse.

Just make sure that you have strong feelings for that person and then it will be ok. Also of you are going to share something like that with another person make sure that you know them? If you are going to have sex with someone and be intimate it would make sense that you they knew something about you that only you know wouldn't it? You are sharing something with them that shouldn't be taken lightly so just don't go out and do it with a cute chic. Do it with someone that is special to you and that you want to share something with them special.

Also like other people have said make sure that you aren't the only one feeling like that. Make sure that you know what she feels and that she is ok with it. That is why you two should know each other and discuss it. If you talk about it then you will know what her expectations are and wether or not she wants do it or feels the same way. Also don't try to force it cause it will just ruin things.

:lsduel: :duel:
 RpTheHotrod
03-04-2003, 11:24 AM
I guess you could put it this way...

It's a week before Christmas day. You decide to open a few gifts and peek inside to see what they are from day to day. Eventually, it's CHristmas day, and you open yor gifts..oh... "yay"...excitement is gone. You already know what everything is.

Sort of like that... if you don't wait till marriage, it's just "another thing you do"

Like someone said, it's like milk and cookies..same ole same ole.
 ShadowTemplar
03-04-2003, 12:00 PM
*shrugs noncomittically*

Just wanting to say that "marriage" is an artificial thing. If you live in a paperless relationship that you know is going to last, then you are, de facto, man and wife, IMO.

"Then why not marry, if you love each other?" I hear you cry.

Well, quite simply there can be a lot of reasons not to. Loads of legal stuff can get extremely complicated (mainly if you wish to keep seperate economies for some reason). Of course there is also the fully understandable reason that you do not support Christianity, and therefore doesn't wish to legitimize it by being wedded. We have Freedom of Thought after all, which means that you don't have to abide by such silly, artificial institutions as marriage.
 RpTheHotrod
03-04-2003, 5:53 PM
There's no real reason to get married unless you follow the Bible.
 C'jais
03-04-2003, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Generally true, as the "holy" aspect of marriage is completely looked over by most skeptics.

However, marriage is a useful institution still - it's like a contract in which you commit yourself to each other. It's got a lot to do with legal issues as well.

And don't forget that among religions, Christianity does not have monopoly on the ideal of marriage.
 -s/<itzo-
03-04-2003, 6:30 PM
what can i say...

sex is great.

give it a try. :D
 Kain
03-04-2003, 8:39 PM

thats utter nonsense! are you saying that there is no good reason for me to get married because me and my gf don't follow the bible? i find that offensive. thats just a nice way of saying that humans are devoid of feelings UNLESS they're Christians.

of course, only a Christian would say that...*leaves it alone before he gets in trouble*
 shukrallah
03-04-2003, 9:40 PM
you have to find the right girl, or your marrage will get screwed up, its like this....i couldnt go out with a non-believer, because we would be fighting all the time, just because of my christian views, and her views (whatever they may be). and right now for me it isnt worth havng sex, im 14, no realtionship is going to work out, it would only last a year at the most, why have sex with someone if u know your going to break up with them eventually. it happens to just about everyone.
 RpTheHotrod
03-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by MydnightPsion
thats utter nonsense! are you saying that there is no good reason for me to get married because me and my gf don't follow the bible? i find that offensive. thats just a nice way of saying that humans are devoid of feelings UNLESS they're Christians.

of course, only a Christian would say that...*leaves it alone before he gets in trouble*

I'm saying...in this day, there is no actual reason to get married, unless you follow the Bible. Yes you CAN get married, and yes it's a GOOD thing to get married (it is a contract, promising eachother's love)....but in this day, there isn't really a reason to get married. People live with eachother all the time never even thinknig about marriage. Why? It costs money, and they are afraid to have a commitment.

Now, do I think it's wrong living with eachother without benig married? Yes...but again, I'm saying in these days, unless you follow the Bible, there isn't a reason to get married anymore.
 ShockV1.89
03-04-2003, 10:57 PM
*finally stops laughing from Muniks community service idea*

But seriously... marriage has evolved beyond a christian tradition to something more symbolic, in which a man and a woman stop on the road of life to vow to each other to always be together to the very end, under all circumstances. And then they begin traveling down the road again, together. Marriage is that point at which their journeys through life merge and become one. At least, in my eyes...

I have misgivings about religion. But I hold marriage very, very highly, and I consider it sacred. Anyone who violates marriage, in any way, earns my instant disrespect...
 ET Warrior
03-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
you have to find the right girl, or your marrage will get screwed up, its like this....i couldnt go out with a non-believer, because we would be fighting all the time, just because of my christian views, and her views (whatever they may be). and right now for me it isnt worth havng sex, im 14, no realtionship is going to work out, it would only last a year at the most, why have sex with someone if u know your going to break up with them eventually. it happens to just about everyone.

Having differing religions shouldn't be a barrier to a relationship. I have a friend who's mother is Catholic and his father is Muslim, two VERY different religions, and they have a wonderful relationship, it just requires understanding and acceptance.
 Kain
03-04-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm saying...in this day, there is no actual reason to get married, unless you follow the Bible.

reason: you love that person with your whole being
reason: you want to have children with this person
reason: you want to wake up every morning to that persons face
reason: you want to grow old with that person
reason: you cant think of being with any other person ever again

5 good reasons having nothing to do with that book you put all your stock into.
 RpTheHotrod
03-05-2003, 12:04 AM
yes, and that is all possible and frequently done without marriage

again

today, the only real reason to get married is if you follow the Bible.

All this stuff about love/sex/true love/caring/kids/loving together/etc... I hear very often from people who wouldn't get married. To them, livnig together is all that matters...and marriage is just something that costs money, and they are afraid to give a commitment.

I'm not saying I agree with them. I fully believe you should get married...even before sex.
 munik
03-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Gotta get married if you don't want to have bastard children.
 BigTeddyPaul
03-05-2003, 4:08 AM
The tax break alone is worth getting married.

It costs to be single. WTF is up with that America? (this only counts if you are American at least that I know of)

BigTeddyPaul
 C'jais
03-05-2003, 6:52 AM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
The tax break alone is worth getting married.It costs to be single. WTF is up with that America? (this only counts if you are American at least that I know of)

Nah. Like I said, it's got a lot to do with legal issues than anything else for most couples in Europe.

But seriously... marriage has evolved beyond a christian tradition to something more symbolic

[...]

[B][QUOTE] today, the only real reason to get married is if you follow the Bible.

So marriage was invented with Christianity?

There's no such thing as a muslim/viking/buddhist/tribal/jewish marriage?

Do I have permission to laugh my butt off?
 ShockV1.89
03-05-2003, 6:55 AM
Yeah, I know, I thought of that after I posted. I really only said that because most people were referring to it as a christian tradition.

Affirmative Cap'n. Understood. Over and out. -C'jais
 Kain
03-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by C'jais
Nah. Like I said, it's got a lot to do with legal issues than anything else for most couples in Europe.

[B]

So marriage was invented with Christianity?

There's no such thing as a muslim/viking/buddhist/tribal/jewish marriage?

Do I have permission to laugh my butt off?

Permission granted:D at the cost of being condemned to Hell. I think I'm getting what Rp said. Married by the church unless you follow the bible is bad, yes. Thats why they came up with the great idea of making the option that a couple can be married by that state...or is that wrong and heathenistic too?
 RpTheHotrod
03-05-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty much talking about marriage in general. Not tax breaks, etc... and I'm not talking about Christianity being the "foundation" to marriage...didn't say that either.

I've met so many people just living with eachother, and I mean they act JUST like they were married, it's almost funny, heh... but to them "Why get married? Its just some love contact signed on paper. We already know we love eachother"

Shadow Templar said

"*shrugs noncomittically*

Just wanting to say that "marriage" is an artificial thing. If you live in a paperless relationship that you know is going to last, then you are, de facto, man and wife, IMO.

"Then why not marry, if you love each other?" I hear you cry.

Well, quite simply there can be a lot of reasons not to. Loads of legal stuff can get extremely complicated (mainly if you wish to keep seperate economies for some reason). Of course there is also the fully understandable reason that you do not support Christianity, and therefore doesn't wish to legitimize it by being wedded. We have Freedom of Thought after all, which means that you don't have to abide by such silly, artificial institutions as marriage."

Now, I'm ALL for marriage, believe me. I'm just saying, people shove out marriage these days because they think there is no reason to get married, that "its more trouble than it's worth". Unless you're in it for benefits (tax breaks), most people I've met say they are just going to live together, because they know they love eachother already.

NOw, what I said about following the Bible (that's a big "religion", if you will, in America, so I stated that one), it says to get married. That's a reason to get married.

Back then, you proved your love by marriage, today, you prove it by...well, hard to say these days, lol.

Again, I believe you SHOULD get married, and that's my plan as well. It's just today, that's one of the largest views on marriage.
 Darklighter
03-05-2003, 5:17 PM
You have to take into consideration the fact that people get married all the time nowadays; peope as young as 16 are planning to get married in one or two years (I know two couples at my school who are planning this). I think that a lot of people in a serious relationship feel intimidated by the prospect of marriage, but still ultimately do it because they feel they have to. A lot of people will get married, without knowing if they love each other or not. That's why there are such a large number of divorces; people throw themselves into it because of social expectations.

My personal view of marriage is a varied one. Where I feel that it is a good and decent way to 'bind' the love of two people, and publically secures their permanent relationship status, it can often lead to messy break-ups. Also I agree with the statement that if two people know they are in love, why sign a piece of paper to prove it? People often marry nowadays to conform to expectations set by their society. To some extent, I think marriage is irrelevant, and shouldn't be needed in this day and age.

Oh, and MydnightPsion, please shorten your sig, as it is causing scrolling problems. Thank you:)
 ShadowTemplar
03-06-2003, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Oh, and MydnightPsion, please shorten your sig, as it is causing scrolling problems. Thank you:)

Yeah, that's right (BTW: You might want to size=1 it). Ok, I know that I'm getting into the same kind of problem, but there are some responses that I get tired of repeating, so I just write [*points to sig*].

Shock, would you consider divorce a violation of marriage? Otherwise it's just plain cheating that you refer to, which I frown upon no matter your legal/religious status.
 El Sitherino
03-08-2003, 8:46 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar

Imho: Sex is fun period

:wstupid:
i agree. :naughty: anyways i dont see much of a big deal in virginity. i mean theres always a first but why make a big deal out of this its like making a big deal out of your first kiss or heh even your first pet.
 El Sitherino
03-08-2003, 8:50 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
if i have sex with a girl now, and we break up, it will be like i was having sex with some other guys wife, i wouldnt like that, so ill wait. :eyeraise: wtf? how is it like having sex with another guys wife? i recently broke up with my gf but we are still good friends. i had sex with her and i dont regret it. i see no point in "saving" yourself until marriage.
 BigTeddyPaul
03-08-2003, 9:02 PM
Umm because odds are she will get married and have sex with her husband. Since he originally had sex with her it would be like sleeping with another man's wife. Reminds me of a skit where this one guy slept with this one girl and he was happy. Then he goes on a game show where you show off who you have slept with. He then smiles and says, "Amy." The announcer then says, "Thats not all. Come on Out." A guy named Anthony steps out and the origianly guy screams, "I NEVER SLEPT WITH HIM!" The announcer states that he hadn't but Amy had. Along with three other guy. . And then it goes on from there because they each slept with X many women and so on and so forth. The skit had to deal with how you can never be sure if someone has a sexual disease or not just because they slept with one other person.

BigTeddyPaul
 Sifo_Dyas_03
03-26-2003, 1:36 PM
My advice to anyone worrying about virginity is: Don't! At the age you normally worry about it, there are far more important things to be doing, looking after your future being one of them! (Sorry if I sound like a parent - I hope to be a good one one day!)
I'm 20 and still a virgin. I'm not religious, not repulsive in any way, not a recluse, and perfectly normal! For good company I have some great friends, had (until about a month ago) a girlfriend, who incidentally I'm still friends with now, and my family (A seriously undervalued asset by many in our generation).

For sexual fun, there is an endless supply of porn of all varieties out there (I must confess I'm something of a perv... ok... a total perv! :D ). As far as I am concerned, actual sexual intercourse should be something shared between two people who care very much about one another and who want to take their intimacy to the next level, not something that one should indulge in casually (I have many friends who do or have had casual sex who would back me up on that point), and not something that is a finish line at the end of a metaphorical race!

Just my two pence worth (or cents... or whatever currency you put into the phrase).
 XERXES
03-26-2003, 3:00 PM
i kept my virginity till i was 17, dunno why...but whey i had sex...it honestly wasnt all hyped up to what i though it would be simply because it was casual.

Sex becomes something more when you are with somebody you truly love.
 ZBomber
03-27-2003, 9:26 AM
Yup.... I wouldn't mind dating/marrying a virgin. If you were screwing someone who wasn't a virgin, it would also kinda be like doing another guy.... *shudders*
 XERXES
03-27-2003, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
If you were screwing someone who wasn't a virgin, it would also kinda be like doing another guy.... *shudders* oh come on, thats ridicilous.

i would almost perfer to nail a woman who has had sex no more than twice in the past. Its no fun to break in a virgin, trust me.
 El Sitherino
03-27-2003, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
i kept my virginity till i was 17, dunno why...but whey i had sex...it honestly wasnt all hyped up to what i though it would be simply because it was casual.

Sex becomes something more when you are with somebody you truly love. same here
 ZBomber
03-28-2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
oh come on, thats ridicilous.

i would almost perfer to nail a woman who has had sex no more than twice in the past. Its no fun to break in a virgin, trust me.

Well if you think about it.....

Anyway, wouldn't you want to lose your virginity to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?
 Darth Groovy
03-28-2003, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Well if you think about it.....

Anyway, wouldn't you want to lose your virginity to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with?

I thought about that too, and looking back now, I wish it did happen that way. I love the girl I am with now, but neither one of us knows what will happen in the future, which kind of makes us trust each other better in a wierd kind of way. I wish I would have lost it to her instead. The girl I lost my virginity too is dead. We broke up and she got back into the drugs and a year later, I read in the front page of our paper that her and her new boyfriend shot each other in a car.

Yes... I wish I would have saved myself for somebody else.:(
 Luc Solar
03-30-2003, 7:05 AM
Wow. Now that was inappropriate.

You're really trying to get banned aren't you? I have a hard time understanding why...but who cares.
 Lost Welshman
03-30-2003, 7:19 AM
And you say you've read the rules?
I was willing to let it go in that other thread you pointlessly made so I have. But just accusing people of actions of an obscene nature is wrong.

Please dont burp over people, if its all a joke like this *Hits InsaneSith with stick* then fine, but please try and make it so we know you are joking.

Really Sorry to go off topic, I dont know why I'm here, Im 15.

edit - I havent read the rules? Do I need to? lol, I think im safe.
Page: 1 of 2