Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Drugs

Page: 1 of 3
 Darth Groovy
02-28-2003, 1:36 PM
At this point in my life, at 28 years of age, I do believe that I am the only person in this world that does not, nor have ever participated in any drug type activity. I am not trying to come off like some self righteous moron. I just never thoght that I should be stupid like most of my freinds to gain social acceptance. Then later in life, I watched those same freinds as they developed addictions, personal struggles, and criminal activity. One girl who I was engaged too, died from drugs. And now recently I discovered that my girlfreind, did some pot. I know what your all thinking... it's a little pot, whats the big deal? It seems to me, it always starts out as "a little pot" and keeps evolving inot something worse. It seems to me the older I get, the more determined I get to not do it. I have had more opportunities than most poeple I know. I was in four rock bands and still remain drug free. I will never do drugs as long as I live, but why do so many poeple I care deeply about choose to get into this mess? I welcome all of your feedback. Why does this bother me so much?
 Reborn Outcast
02-28-2003, 2:34 PM
There already a topic on this near the bottom of the page. :D

But I have never done drugs and I don't plan to.

And I believe your right in thinking that drugs are wrong. Thats just my personal opinion though.
 Luc Solar
02-28-2003, 2:39 PM
I have never had a cig in my mouth. I have no idea what smoking is like and I'm planning on keeping it that way. The same goes for drugs.

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

I do use alcohol quite a lot though...

*looks at the 2 empty bottles of beer on the comp desk*

Oh well.. *shrugs*
 ckcsaber
02-28-2003, 5:21 PM
I have never had alcohol, drugs, or smoked a cigarette. It is completly idiotic to do drugs.

I do wonder to myself sometimes, why people do drugs and its just for stupid reasons. In the end, the person who does drugs is WEAK. They are WEAKMINDED, plain and simple, and I feel no sympathy for them. If they wanna get high, go right ahead. Its common knowledge what drugs do to you, and there is simply no excuse for doing it.
 obi
02-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Doing ANYTHING at all to the body is terrible, imo. I'm not even going to get a tattoo.

Drugs make people feel like they are on top of things. I, personally, have never tried any drug, nor do I plan on doing so. Many up many of my friends do drugs, and no matter how much i am against it, no matter how much wisdom I offer ot them, they ignore me, and call me a "rightous boy." (I am not mad or angered by these comments, I find them as compliments. I am glad the world around me sees me differently then everyone else.)

These simple uses of drugs already have them hooked, I think. I pray that they will snap out of it and realize what harm they are doing to themselves. My friends are the going out, partying,drinking, and sleeping with anyone type of people. I do not do any of this, and I do not condone their actions, but I am instead trying to turn them away from this destructive path. I know that 96% of teenagers don't give a horse's patoot about their health, or their dignity, but I do. I try to give them some of that dignity, but they refuse it.

I HATE to see people do drugs and ruin their life. They are throwing out something precious that was given to them.
 munik
02-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Darth Groovy, define your take on what "drugs" are and I can offer up an opinion. Usually I see people use the word "drugs" as a negative description, not really including all drugs, but certain ones. Maybe you could list off the ones you are refering to, or the ones you think are ok.

I notice the confusion immediately:Luc Solar
I have never had a cig in my mouth. I have no idea what smoking is like and I'm planning on keeping it that way. The same goes for drugs.
Or maybe he was being sarcastic, I dunno.
 Kain
02-28-2003, 10:41 PM
smoked weed, smoked a few cigarettes*yeck*, been drunk

sadly, i think its the blood...damn father hippy...that and playing *******
 ET Warrior
03-01-2003, 1:29 AM
I'm 100% sober 100% of the time.....never drank, smoked, done drugs, or anysuch. It just hold absolutely NO appeal to me. Plus i've seen a LOT of people get their lives completely ruined by drugs.

And by drugs i mean illegal narcotics gotten without a prescription or medical need for them....or somethin like that.....

When you say doing ANYTHING to the body obi, does that include hair dying? As i know a few people who think hair dying is bad...

I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo of a dragon....a small one, somewhere easily covered up for like, job interviews, and when i get old and decide that i hate my tattoo......and such.
 Luc Solar
03-01-2003, 3:12 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Originally posted by munik
I notice the confusion immediately:
Or maybe he was being sarcastic, I dunno.

I dunno either. I was trying to point out the same thing you did...but I don't have an opinion about the whole deal yet so..

*shrugs*

:D
 obi
03-01-2003, 8:38 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior

When you say doing ANYTHING to the body obi, does that include hair dying?

Nah, Hair dying is ok. When I said "anything" to the body, I meant anything that would degrade it in anyway. If you want to get a tatoo, that's fine. I don't really care about tattoos. The only reason i'm not getting one is because they do it with a needle, and I have this fear of needles. :\
 FunClown
03-01-2003, 9:39 AM
If you know anyone who gets Emphesema, you would have a very good reason on why not to smoke ever.

He can't even walk 6 meters to the rubbish bin and back without coughing up all this phlem. A few more meters and he could die (I'm not kidding) when he get bouts of Emphesema.

That isn't too 'cool'.
 ET Warrior
03-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
they do it with a needle, and I have this fear of needles. :\

I also fear needles....so it's quite possible i'd be too afraid to get one, but i still think a dragon would be cool.........
 ShockV1.89
03-01-2003, 2:01 PM
If drugs are defined as the illegal kind (in the US), like weed, crack, and the like... then I would never do it, and never have. I've been in the situation in which I could do most of those things, and I've never cracked. Been tempted, but never cracked (hey, they did look like they were having fun. :) )

As for alcohol... I have gotten wasted a few times, mostly because I dont really see the harm in it as long as I keep it to a minimum. I've only done it three times. I'm more of a social drinker... I'll have a few mixed drinks at a party, but never really anything major. I've only gotten drunk at my 21st birthday part, and at New Years... and once at a friends house when he came home from school.

I know weed isnt really bad for you if done in moderation (sorta like alcohol). But whenever I'm offered, I just think of the guys I knew back in high school who did it. They ended up dropping out and spending all their time trying to get weed money between working at mcdonalds and sleeping at their parents house. I doubt it would ever happen to me, but the thought of it just turns me off to it.

edit: And needles scare the bejeezus out of me... :D

edit: To answer your question, Groovy... I think you care and it bothers you because you care about your friends, and you know what excessive drug use can do to a person. And you dont want it to happen to your friends. Nothing wrong with that, it's an admirable trait, I feel the same way. Just means you care. :)
 access_flux
03-01-2003, 2:46 PM
i have tried weed, but nothing more than that, and i used to smoke it quite regularly, but now i just smoke cigarettes and drink. i don't believe that if oyustart off on soft drugs then that leads to harder drugs, because me and most of my friends are the same. sure i have mates who do stuff like extasy and speed, but they all know the limit and do it for a recreatŠ½onal purpose, and i know they aren'T addicted cause they can go on for months without talking about it. drugs are a social thing, and unfortunately widely accepted by most of the youth community.
 C'jais
03-01-2003, 5:21 PM
You should try pot with her. Really. It's not going to hook you in any way, and afterwards you'll be able to state that it was not for you. You'll survive the experience with no scars, and you'll have some actual knowledge on it.

The whole deal of "pot makes you want to take other, worse drugs as well" is fundamentally flawed, as it can be summarized into "alcohol makes you want to go on drinking binges and you'll eventually, with time, become an alcoholic from your abuse". Use and abuse. Apples and oranges.

My advice: Don't base your entire relationship on whether or not she smokes pot. Keep an eye on her, just to check if she begins to crave heroin sooner or later. Heroin is bad. Very bad.
 munik
03-01-2003, 7:50 PM
Yeah, smoke up with her. Can't hurt anything, really. But there is that chance that after one hit you'll turn into a raving lunatic and go on a killing spree that people will talk about for the next decade. Or so I'm told.
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
If drugs are defined as the illegal kind (in the US), like weed, crack, and the like... then I would never do it, and never have.
Just to point out, there are shades of grey concerning "illegal" drugs in the U.S. Not everything will get you in trouble. Like the above, weed is schedule I, but crack, which is just freebase cocaine, is schedule II. Along with opiates like codeine and morphine. I've known plenty of people legally taking codeine, and plenty illegally taking it. Is the drug bad in and of itself, or is it because of it's legal status? So, if someone smokes crack, is it bad only if it is done illegally, or is it bad because it's crack?
 greedo626
03-02-2003, 9:57 AM
first off, groovy, don't smoke pot with your girlfriend. you said she did smoke. if she has stopped, good for her. if she still smokes, but only 'once in awhile,' try to convince her to stop. by smoking it yourself you'd only be sending the wrong message.

Just to point out, there are shades of grey concerning "illegal" drugs in the U.S. Not everything will get you in trouble. Like the above, weed is schedule I, but crack, which is just freebase cocaine, is schedule II. Along with opiates like codeine and morphine. I've known plenty of people legally taking codeine, and plenty illegally taking it. Is the drug bad in and of itself, or is it because of it's legal status? So, if someone smokes crack, is it bad only if it is done illegally, or is it bad because it's crack?

as for this, most drugs are used for legitimate purposes like morphine and even marijuana can be used for medical purposes. but taking these drugs without having an illness is like drinking Nyquil or vanilla extract for the alcohol content.
 Darth Groovy
03-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
You should try pot with her. Really. It's not going to hook you in any way, and afterwards you'll be able to state that it was not for you. You'll survive the experience with no scars, and you'll have some actual knowledge on it.

The whole deal of "pot makes you want to take other, worse drugs as well" is fundamentally flawed, as it can be summarized into "alcohol makes you want to go on drinking binges and you'll eventually, with time, become an alcoholic from your abuse". Use and abuse. Apples and oranges.

My advice: Don't base your entire relationship on whether or not she smokes pot. Keep an eye on her, just to check if she begins to crave heroin sooner or later. Heroin is bad. Very bad.

I disagree. I have personally seen this dozens of time to know, I live near Chicago, where drugs are easier to find than books. It always starts off as a little bit of weed, and then it escalates into something much worse. The point is, she knew how I felt about this, yet she went and did it anyway. I used to smoke about half a pack of menthols a day, and I quit because she thought "smoking was gross". Tell me, where is the real trade off here? I'll smoke pot, when Goerge Bush decides to sign a treaty with Saddam Hussein.:rolleyes:
 RpTheHotrod
03-08-2003, 12:48 AM
First, I believe it's wrong if you're in Christ. Your body is a temple of Christ. Take care of it.

Now, OUTSIDE of "beliefs"...

I'd rather keep my body in good condition.
 Darklighter
03-08-2003, 8:18 AM
Exactly. Drugs are bad. Full stop. There is a reason why harmful drugs are illegal, but no one seems to take that fact into account. I myself have never taken drugs, never even put a cigerette in my mouth, and I don't ever intend to. Drugs do so many irreversibly bad things to your body and mind, and IMO, 'having a good time' is no excuse to take such a huge risk.
 greedo626
03-08-2003, 11:05 AM
I used to have two friends. we joked about doing drugs all the time, talking like stoners and acting like crack addicts. but then they actually started smoking pot. I watched as they went from promising young men who enjoyed playing music and sports, to just two guys who spent every waking moment of their lives either smoking pot or thinking about the next time they could. they no longer cared about music, sports, or their friends. all they care about now is pot. I watched them destroy their lives and could do nothing about it. "just a little pot" isn't just that.
 Darth Groovy
03-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by greedo626
I used to have two friends. we joked about doing drugs all the time, talking like stoners and acting like crack addicts. but then they actually started smoking pot. I watched as they went from promising young men who enjoyed playing music and sports, to just two guys who spent every waking moment of their lives either smoking pot or thinking about the next time they could. they no longer cared about music, sports, or their friends. all they care about now is pot. I watched them destroy their lives and could do nothing about it. "just a little pot" isn't just that.

I herebye nominate this as the best post I have read all year...period. This is EXACTLY what I mean. I have seen this so many times, it is not even funny any more.

Also told the GF, that pot is something I am not willing to accept. She assures me, it won't be repeated, but I have heard this before. I will keep a close eye out, and we will see what happens next. I hate loosing the ones I love, to something as dumb as drugs...
 C'jais
03-09-2003, 8:15 AM
I and my friends infrequently smoke the hashish. We're all considered above average intelligence, and we all have healthy past time interests, while working as well.

There are no gateway drugs. Only gateway people.
 Breton
03-09-2003, 9:24 AM
I and my friends infrequently smoke the hashish. We're all considered above average intelligence, and we all have healthy past time interests, while working as well.

Just a question: Why do you smoke it at all? I assume you know the health damages it causes, both to the lungs and to the brain (it does make you dumber). What's the point of doing it anyway? Can you really enjoy causing damage to your body like that?
 Pierre the Frog
03-09-2003, 11:25 AM

I hang out with C'jais, so I guess I'm one of the above (some might disagree with me being above average int. but thats beside the point).

I agree with C'jais, so does my chemistry teacher, moving on from what is concidered as mild drugs, is strictly psycological, and thus they most likely would end up doing 'em anyways.

Don't smoke, drink or shoot-up anything you don't want to, there's no point, and you wont enjoy it anyway. I can respect people who doesn't want to try, I can respect people who has tried it once and never smoke it again. But I can't respect people who smoke it cause of peer-pressure. it should be your own choice
 El Sitherino
03-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by greedo626
I used to have two friends. we joked about doing drugs all the time, talking like stoners and acting like crack addicts. but then they actually started smoking pot. I watched as they went from promising young men who enjoyed playing music and sports, to just two guys who spent every waking moment of their lives either smoking pot or thinking about the next time they could. they no longer cared about music, sports, or their friends. all they care about now is pot. I watched them destroy their lives and could do nothing about it. "just a little pot" isn't just that. not all people do this i myself have smoked pot. i used to get prescriptions for it until it was no longer legal for pot to be sold no matter what the reason. i have never met anyone like this. though this doesnt mean that they dont exist but it is very rare i can assure you of that. that is unless they didnt have much to do before then of course the newest thing they do takes over. despite some things said pot isnt as dangerous as cigarettes.
 Breton
03-09-2003, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
not all people do this i myself have smoked pot. i used to get prescriptions for it until it was no longer legal for pot to be sold no matter what the reason. i have never met anyone like this. though this doesnt mean that they dont exist but it is very rare i can assure you of that

I can assure you that they are more common that you think.

despite some things said pot isnt as dangerous as cigarettes.

Pot cannot be compared with tobacco. Dangerous isn't the same as damaging. We already know the effects pot has on your brain, it makes you slower and more childish, that is a fact. And you still have the lung damage it causes. Now I have given people plenty of reasons on why it shouldn't be legalized, and I have not seen any good reason on why we should legalize it. Alright, alcohol is probably more dangerous, but that doesn't make pot less damaging. And saying pot should be legalized just because alcohol is, is pretty much the same as saying that it should be allowed to punch anyone you want just because it's allowed to knock out each other in boxing games.
 El Sitherino
03-09-2003, 1:16 PM
my friend has been doing studies at his university and they are somewhat similar but if you know what to get its not very dangerous compared to a cigarette. most people who smoke pot dont get pot with tar. or atleast i dont and my friends dont.
 Pierre the Frog
03-09-2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Just a question: Why do you smoke it at all? I assume you know the health damages it causes, both to the lungs and to the brain (it does make you dumber). What's the point of doing it anyway? Can you really enjoy causing damage to your body like that?

You can draw a parallel straight to beer, it is poison, but you have another kind of fun then you do when your sober (I would like to point that out: I have fun sober), that is why most people drink.

That is why I (and I haven't spoken to anyone else about this so I'm speaking for me only) smoke hashish.

Another reason for drinking and smoking stuff might (and this is a theory) be to escape from the "real" world. Everyone tries to run from it (or so my theory goes) that is why people watch TV, read, hangs out with others, anything to stop oneself from thinking.
(Psychological theory from a guy who doesn't believe it has proven itself valid as a science - notice the irony?)
 Darth Groovy
03-10-2003, 2:31 AM
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that pot really smells. I mean it smells awful! It smells like fecal matter. Do you really want to inhale something that smells as if it came out of someone, or something's oriface? If so, why not just ride around town with the local tavern drunk, leave the windows up and inhale the beer farts.:rolleyes: Still not convinced? :eek:

I go to concerts alot, and sometimes it takes me about two showers, and hours of scrubbing to get that funky smell off of me. Another downside is getting the munchies. I went to a Cypress Hill concert in 93, or 94 and got so blown from the contact smoke, that I was pretty wasted. Just to give you an idea, It was a blizzard in the dead of February and me and my buddy were driving home laughing our heads off with the windows down and our shirts off. When I got home I ate about 12 Tacos, a large pizza, and 2 quarts of chocalte ice cream and I was still hungry. Yeah that's healthy....... :rolleyes:

Edit- Here is my psychological theory: Why volunterily do something that makes you behave like a moron?:confused:
 C'jais
03-10-2003, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Edit- Here is my psychological theory: Why volunterily do something that makes you behave like a moron?:confused:

Good point.

I'm thinking it's because we all need to escape from reality, as Pierre put it. And because it's mighty fun.

BTW, I've never got the munchies, and I don't think cannabis smells bad. It has a somewhat "odd" smell, but it's not bad, IMHO.
 Breton
03-10-2003, 4:08 PM
I'm thinking it's because we all need to escape from reality, as Pierre put it.

The it would be a lot wiser to buy a computer game or something, wouldn't it? Much less damaging.

And because it's mighty fun.

So are computer games. Though I don't see the fun in acting like an idiot (not meant as flaming, just so you know).
 El Sitherino
03-10-2003, 4:19 PM
pot usually doesnt make you act like an idiot. usually it just mellows you out and you basically point out things that usually you wouldnt point out such as why they call things what they are called cuz it sounds like something else. and well frankly i dont get this it harms you so why do it its got health risks. well so does eating fast food all the time but that doesnt mean people wont do it cuz people have been saying fast food isnt healthy since 1956 yet i see some fat dudes at the mcdonalds everyday at every breakfast lunch and dinner eating burgers fries and huge cokes. they are at worse risk than any pothead. and dont tell me they arent.
 C'jais
03-10-2003, 4:22 PM
The it would be a lot wiser to buy a computer game or something, wouldn't it? Much less damaging.

Well, yes, I'll grant you that.

But we all need diversity once in a while, no?

And drugs are social :rolleyes:

So are computer games. Though I don't see the fun in acting like an idiot (not meant as flaming, just so you know).

You don't act as an idiot, as much as you're more relaxed, calm and of a hazy mind.
 Breton
03-10-2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
. well so does eating fast food all the time but that doesnt mean people wont do it cuz people have been saying fast food isnt healthy since 1956 yet i see some fat dudes at the mcdonalds everyday at every breakfast lunch and dinner eating burgers fries and huge cokes. they are at worse risk than any pothead. and dont tell me they arent.

But food is needed for you body to function. If you eat too much, it may be damaging. Drugs are different, because it's damaging no matter how much you use of it. Plus, food don't affect your brain like pot does.

And drugs are social

But wouldn't it be better to hang out with friends without having to drug yer brain to death?

You don't act as an idiot, as much as you're more relaxed, calm and of a hazy mind.

Sorry, confused it a bit with alcohol and other drugs. But it doesn't change much, since it still makes you an idiot.

No matter what you belive, pot is banned for a reason.
 C'jais
03-10-2003, 4:46 PM
Drugs are different, because it's damaging no matter how much you use of it.

That's not entirely right.

But wouldn't it be better to hang out with friends without having to drug yer brain to death?

I don't drug myself excessively. Far from it.

Everything taken to excess is bad for you. Heck, it's bad for your health to stare at the monitor right now. Damn, it's even unhealthy to live. Why not get as many sensations as you can? It's not like I smoke once a week, or even once a month - but I'm glad that I've tried it, looking back. I don't think I'm scarred for life, if that's what you're implying.

Sorry, confused it a bit with alcohol and other drugs. But it doesn't change much, since it still makes you an idiot.

An idiot? Err...

...so does riding a horse. Idiot in this sense is only derived from cultural norms.

No matter what you belive, pot is banned for a reason.

Yeh, and I think it should be. But by the same reasoning, so should alcohol and tobacco. I'm not so sure about those, as they're generally accepted.

Drugs (alcohol, pot etc) are healthy in the sense that most people all need to flee from reality into their little, drug induced universe once in a while, to help cope with the real world better. Not everyone likes being confronted with a brutal reality 24/7.

It's like the drugs that helps you deal psychical trauma. And the ones that cures your depressing. And the ones that put you to sleep. They're all unhealthy taken to excess, but I still think their benefit on the people that need them outweigh their bad aspects.
 Breton
03-10-2003, 4:55 PM

[B]

I don't drug myself excessively. Far from it.

Didn't really talk to you, but to people (or about people) that does drug themselves excessively.

An idiot? Err...

I really was talking about the affects it has on the brain, making you slower, acting more childish, etc.

Yeh, and I think it should be.

Good. We agree then.

It's like the drugs that helps you deal psychical trauma. And the ones that cures your depressing. And the ones that put you to sleep. They're all unhealthy taken to excess, but I still think their benefit on the people that need them outweigh their bad aspects.

1. Other things can be as effective to be used to flee from your ordinary lives, things that aren't dangerous.

2. It starts with a little pot, but I belive we all know how a lot of them ends.
 munik
03-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Pot is not a "gateway" drug. That is just some DEA propaganda. The correlation is drawn thusly: Those who use other drugs have used pot, so pot leads to using other drugs. But people who use other drugs also drive cars. Does that mean cars are gateway objects? Of course not. Because even though people who use other drugs drive cars, not all people who drive cars use other drugs. The same is true of pot. Yes, some people do different drugs, including pot, but not all people who smoke pot do other drugs.

So what's the big deal if it's made legal or not? It's not like it's gonna go away, ever. We are talking about a plant that if given some decent light, would probaly be able to grow on the inside of a bums assh*le. You and your mom working together as the mighty drugbusters could work non stop for decades and not even put a dent in the marijuana market. You and a demented horde of mutilated midgets could spout off at the mouth about the dangers and harmful effects of marijuana to teen and pre teen children all across the globe for the rest of your natural lives, yet it would all be for naught when one child tries pot and realizes he has been fed horsesh*t his entire life.

For christs sake, lighten up. Smoking a joint ain't never hurt no one, ain't never gonna. And what's up with this "smoking pot makes you act childish" thing? Who the hell do you smoke with? Retards? Jeez.
 Breton
03-11-2003, 8:26 AM
The correlation is drawn thusly: Those who use other drugs have used pot, so pot leads to using other drugs. But people who use other drugs also drive cars. Does that mean cars are gateway objects? Of course not. Because even though people who use other drugs drive cars, not all people who drive cars use other drugs. The same is true of pot. Yes, some people do different drugs, including pot, but not all people who smoke pot do other drugs.

As there are LOADS of more people driving cars than the amount using pot, that argument doesn't fit at all. And I belive there is quite few of the drug users that drive cars.

So what's the big deal if it's made legal or not?

If you make it legal, it will be more common.

For christs sake, lighten up. Smoking a joint ain't never hurt no one, ain't never gonna.

That's a lie. Just simply a lie. What about greedo626's friends, eh? Didn't "smoking a joint" really hurt their lives? Or what about the millions of others who has ruined their lives by "smoking a joint"?

And what's up with this "smoking pot makes you act childish" thing?

A fact. But if you don't belive it, that's your problem. If you really trust a few guys, who has no medical education, saying pot doesn't harm you in any way instead of beliving all the thousands of doctors who know perfectly well the mental damages pot does, then that's your problem. I'll guess you'll soon say stabbing yourself in the stomach with a knife doesn't do any harm.

Who the hell do you smoke with?

That's the point, I'm not dumb enough to smoke.
 ShockV1.89
03-11-2003, 9:39 AM
Off topic, but...

...And Jesus responded to ShockV1.89, "Whence forth, you shall abstain from attending church without wearing your giants hat and wielding a sippy cup full of coconut rum. The man who does not fulfill this divine mandate shall find himself in the company of Satan. This is the word of the lord."

:D :D :D
 griff38
03-11-2003, 10:17 AM
I am shocked at the intolerance of today.
and am amazed how much people think they know.

The only substances I currently use to alter my consciousness are caffiene, chocolate, and sometimes wine with dinner.
 ShockV1.89
03-11-2003, 12:11 PM
So we can take the examples we have here of people who have done various forms of drugs and came out ok... and compare them to those who didnt...

Which one outnumbers the other?
 El Sitherino
03-11-2003, 12:22 PM
i agree with shock i think most of the people who actually did the stuff and came out fine. also the people you non users give examples to usually had problems of will power before they did weed and other drugs.
 Breton
03-11-2003, 12:38 PM
So we can take the examples we have here of people who have done various forms of drugs and came out ok... and compare them to those who didnt...

Which one outnumbers the other?

People who didn't come out ok would be in a pretty bad condition, so it's not strange that none of them are here.
 C'jais
03-11-2003, 12:47 PM
People who didn't come out ok would be in a pretty bad condition, so it's not strange that none of them are here.

Yes, but it does prove that many people can take drugs and still be ok.

Pot is no worse than beer, and I do think the government could control it better, were it legalized.

Then again, if it was legalized, more drug related accidents would probably increase, so I'm pretty neutral to this right now.
 ShockV1.89
03-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Actually, my point was that even though there are people in the world who took drugs and came out ok, there are probably more who didnt.

Guess I didnt word that properly.
 C'jais
03-11-2003, 1:14 PM
Actually, my point was that even though there are people in the world who took drugs and came out ok, there are probably more who didnt.

With regards to "hard" drugs such as heroin, cocaine etc, you're probably right.

But are any of you aware of just how many people smoke the cannabis, and who are able to lead perfectly normal lives?
 ShockV1.89
03-11-2003, 1:28 PM
Smoke it regularly? I dont know, I dont live their lives. I do know the ones I've seen drilled their lives right into the dirt once they started doing it a lot. I can only go on my own experience...

I dont question its addictiveness. It's not. I do question anything that might lead to someone ruining their lives, and my experience shows me that once people pick up weed, their lives go down the crapper.
 C'jais
03-11-2003, 1:38 PM
I dont question its addictiveness. It's not. I do question anything that might lead to someone ruining their lives, and my experience shows me that once people pick up weed, their lives go down the crapper.

Fair enough.

In a recent poll, 25% of my country's youth admitted to smoking cannabis. We're obviously f*cked.
 greedo626
03-11-2003, 1:43 PM
and my experience shows me that once people pick up weed, their lives go down the crapper.

one of my "friends" after smoking weed, wrapped his car around a tree on his way home from a "pot party." he was going nearly 80 mph. so just like alcohol, pot does impair you're judgement. but unlike alcohol, it only takes a little pot to do alot of damage.
Page: 1 of 3