Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Game Idea

Page: 1 of 1
 philt3
02-23-2003, 2:02 PM
I have an idea for a role playing star wars game on ps2. The object is to start out as a padawan and work your way onto the jedi council or if you prefer you could choose the path of the dark side and become a sith. The game would feature characters from both movies and you could even create a jedi. Under created jedi you could pick a name, lightsaber color, lightsaber style (double-bladed) and appearance (ranging from human to various aliens). You could pick a created jedi or any jedi from the movie to play as. You could even select which jedi you wanted to be trained by. In the game you would do missions some of which relates to the movies (almost all of the missions involves fighting w/a lightsaber, no more flying games!). You could battle at Geonosis and kill Jango fett, protect the queen, kill darth maul, destroy the death star, protect han, leia and chewy on a mission and have a duel w/ vader and the emperor. You could pick which time frame you want your character in or choose the entire swar wars galaxy. There would also be training mode and as the game progresses powers get stronger (force choke, lightning, faster, stronger, better). You start as padawan, then jedi, then you can train another (who may or may not turn evil), then you can get on the council or get a red saber become a sith and hunt down and kill other jedi. I'm not exactly sure how feasible this idea is but I bet it would make a ton of money and people would love to play it. I can't find a way to get this idea to someone who can make it happen but feel free to pass it along so it can.
 Darth Zaius
02-23-2003, 2:28 PM
thats a good idea, but it wouildn`t work out so well because of the budget and part of being any jedi or sith from the movies (well hey, it would get kind of confusing if somebody else chooses to look like yoda and then he or she chooses to be trained by yoda, in quick and easy terms, there could be too many luke skywalker or Vader look alikes) but other than that it would be cool

and also welcome to the Cantina, i am Darth Zaius, The Evil Sith Master of the Cantina
 Lord Fergie
02-23-2003, 2:32 PM
You need at least one space mission... its tradition :D
 Katarn07
02-23-2003, 2:51 PM
Isn't KotOR good enough?! All though, no PS2... :rolleyes:
 Hekx
02-23-2003, 3:42 PM
I like the idea of it, I hope something similar gets made. It should follow the structure of a mix of KOTOR, SWG and JKII. :)

You shouldn't be able to run over to kill Vader, since that's mostly the whole plot of SW destroyed.
 dark jedi 8
02-23-2003, 3:55 PM
good idea, bad counsel though, the ps2 couldn't handle it, maybe the pc, x-box, or the ps3.
 Lord Fergie
02-23-2003, 7:35 PM
Its a lot like SWG
 TK-99
03-10-2003, 11:22 PM
ya, im thinking that your thinking of SWG. Because thats almost all the stuff you can do in SWG.
 Swat
03-11-2003, 1:53 AM
but not becoming a master in the council
 Wraith 8
03-11-2003, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by swatteam
but not becoming a master in the council thats because the counsil doesnt exist anymore.. the timeline is between a new hope and ESB. and its gonna be EXTREMELY hard to become a jedi. go to SWG.net for meer info
 Taos
03-11-2003, 3:50 PM
I think the combo of that game would be kind of interesting to play. :)

Forget the Ps2.....in about a year the ps3 should be out, so make it for that.
 leXX
03-11-2003, 3:56 PM
Or xboxnext or whatever they are gonna call it.
 dark jedi 8
03-11-2003, 4:39 PM
i think the 1st x-box could handle it easily. it's gonna handle KOTOR!:)
 Lynk Former
03-12-2003, 6:06 AM
What's Kotor again? :D j/k lol
 StarWarsPhreak
03-12-2003, 7:15 AM
I think they need to make a Star Wars game like Freelancer. that game is awesome. If it was made for Star Wars, you could fly around the galaxy, become a pirate or smuggler or een join the Imperial Acadamy. But it would need something more for ground interaction because in Freelancer you don't do much planetside. it focuses on Space Simming.
 Swat
03-12-2003, 8:17 AM
ur idea reminds me of SWG :)
 StarWarsPhreak
03-12-2003, 10:08 AM
mine or philt3's idea?

Mine is nothing like SWG, his is.. sorta
 Lynk Former
03-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Here's an Idea remake X-Wing but change this missions, update them add missions from all other EU sources, famous and minor battles, even if it's a single ship escaping from a Star Destroyer it should be in there. Let there be EVERY Star Wars fighter and ship available, whether it's a starfighter like the X-Wing or it's a normal transport *nods*

*shrugs*... *walks out*
 Swat
03-13-2003, 12:49 AM
Mine is nothing like SWG, his is.. sorta
urs is everything like SWG. in the next expansion of SWG, u get to buy n fly ships like wat u said
 Darth_Rive
03-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Difference is that his game will probably be made and released by the time that SWG update is out.... :rolleyes:

I think it'd be pretty cool to actually have a character stat-development-based game in which you didn't have to use a lightsaber. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Lightsabers, and I would jump at the chance to be a Sith Lord, but it'd be nice to see something different for a change. Almost every SW game (non-space combat sim) has been the player playing as a Jedi, except for "Shadows of the Empire".

The world needs a SW game that is as huge and unliniear as Morrowind, but with updated graphics and some nice little SW touches in there. In fact, Force-use would be really cool to do Morrowind style, where, depending on your level of ability, the various force powers would have varying levels of effectiveness.

And the fact that you can join up with various guilds in the game, such as the Fighters' and Mages' Guilds, can be translated across to joining the Empire or bounty hunters or rebellion.

Wow. Morrowind really needs a Star Wars total conversion-tyoe mod.
 Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 3:34 PM
I think they should make a game off Wraith squadron

A commando x-wing squadron with ground and fly missions.
 Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 4:55 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
I think they should make a game off Wraith squadron

A commando x-wing squadron with ground and fly missions.

You know i was thinking the same thing. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3 has been confirmed, Factor 5 and LucasArts could base RS3 around Rogue Squadron in the X-Wing series then after that they could make the first ever Star Wars: Wraith Squadron game based around the Wraiths in the X-Wing series.
 Kstar__2
03-23-2003, 6:31 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
thats because the counsil doesnt exist anymore.. the timeline is between a new hope and ESB. and its gonna be EXTREMELY hard to become a jedi. go to SWG.net for meer info

:rofl:

if they do make RS3, i hope they make it MP too:D
 Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 6:34 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
if they do make RS3, i hope they make it MP too:D

MP?
 Darth_Rive
03-23-2003, 7:35 AM
MP = Multi-player.

And I hope it's not just going to be another dumbed-down console game too. Whilst Rogue Squadron I & II were cool (and II had some of the best in-game graphics I've ever seen) they still felt, I dunno, kiddified, not serious enough. The control system was crap, but that's just down to the controllers. It'd be great if LucasArts did the same as Capcom did with Steel Batallion (http://www.techradioshow.com/e3/e3pics/index/e3_-_steel_batallion_controls.html) and released a game-specific controller for it that made it just that little bit more involving. Now that would be sweeeet. Admittedly, Steel Batallion on the X-Crate costs Ј120 because of the controller, but hell, I reckon it's gonna be worth it.
 Wraith 8
03-23-2003, 7:37 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
MP? Multi PLayer
 Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 8:35 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rive
And I hope it's not just going to be another dumbed-down console game too. Whilst Rogue Squadron I & II were cool (and II had some of the best in-game graphics I've ever seen) they still felt, I dunno, kiddified, not serious enough. The control system was crap, but that's just down to the controllers.

I've already mailed Factor 5 with ideas for a Multiplayer only RS game. Of course they haven't mailed back lol.

The RS games are 'kiddified' i don't like the way you use that term since I see nothing kiddy about the RS series, I mean there's no room to add blood and violence like in First person shooters. Plus the RS series isn't supposed to be a full on simulator like the old X-Wing series. It's purely arcade. I found the controls for Rogue Squadron were good (only Hobbies controls), and the controls for Rogue Leader were very well laid out. Plus who's gonna go out and make a whole new seperate controller just to use for one game? I could go on and on about controllers but I won't lol :D
 Swat
03-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3 has been confirmed
really? on wat consoles. i'll be grateful if u can provide a link to that announcement
 dark jedi 8
03-23-2003, 2:40 PM
all i know is that Rouge Squadron III will be the leading subject of next month's issue of EGM. it should clear up some questions in there.:D i hope this one comes out for x-box as well though.:(

P.S. i believe the announcement was in the latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly.
 Darth_Rive
03-23-2003, 3:38 PM
Lynk Former - The controller doesn't have to be for just one game, does it? The Steel Batallion controller (http://www.techradioshow.com/e3/e3pics/index/e3_-_steel_batallion_controls.html) has been released a little while back for the X-Crate, and can only be used with the Steel Batallion game so far, but a sequel is already on its way and will be using the same controller again.

I know that the Rogue Squadron series is purely arcade-style gameplay, I just thought that it'd be nice to see a more serious game released on the subject. The higher the level of interaction with the game, the higher the level of involvement generated with the game. Might not suit everyone's taste, but I just thought it'd be nice to see, that's all. I wouldn't expect blood and violence in a space combat sim anyway. Well, unless you count shooting people in their ships as violence, but hey, who's being picky....
 StarWarsPhreak
03-23-2003, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by Swat
urs is everything like SWG. in the next expansion of SWG, u get to buy n fly ships like wat u said

My idea isn't an MMORPG. It would be more of a RPG. Basically Freelancer for Star Wars.
 Swat
03-24-2003, 1:30 AM
that would be great
Page: 1 of 1