Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suggestion for a new cutscene.

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Toddy
02-20-2003, 1:35 AM
Don't know if this would be too much work, but I have a cool idea for a cutscene that could be added to the begining (before level one). It would be cool if you could show Kyle getting all of his gear ready for the mission. If I remember correctly, the demo for the original game had a cutscene like that but the full version didn't? At least, I remember seeing a mod for the game that added a cutscene like that to the full version (anybody remember that? Speaking of mods, you guys say there wasn't a lightsaber in the original game, but I remember a mod that replaced the fists with a lightsaber. It was pretty cool, even if it was only a sound/graphic replacement (back in the day, that was about all we could do in terms of mods - sound, graphics, and levels - no code - or not much).
 Darth_Linux
02-22-2003, 1:08 AM
we've been thinking about doing the "Gear Up" cutscene but haven't done much beyond talk about it . . . I'll let you know if it starts production.
 Katarn07
02-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Yeah, this would be cool...

How much more cutscene work do you guys plan on doing?

I know Talay will be the most work and longest to do, then the last one, and then there are 2 rather longf ones...

Crix Madine's Fate and Jabba's Revenge

There arew 2 other ones, just flybys to and from both Gromas and Anteevy.

I had made a suggestion for what to do with the Imperial Mask... A few people thought it was kinda cool if it could be done.

After "killing" Boba, he falls to his knees and a section of the wall falls on him. The Crow flies away, the camera goes back to the pile of rubble and Boba's hand pops out of the debris...
 Yun the Sith
02-22-2003, 9:33 PM
I think those are great ideas. I think that they should have a lot more cutscences than there was in the original, if it is possible with the staff. Heres what I'd like to see in the Talay:

I think that they should do something like Katarns idea, but in the section where Mon Mothma shows Kyle the transmission, you see the Calamiri talking, then you see him knocked down quickly by a DT, and the camera gets knocked over. When it stops shakeing and lands, you see a close up of the Calamiris decaptated head. While this may sound silly, and with the problem with the transmited being fixed in place, it may not be possible, but I think that it would catch some players off guard.
 The_One
02-23-2003, 10:09 AM
I've brought this up before, and I think it would be cool - you see, in Dark Forces there is really nothing that hints about Katarn's journey to become a Jedi Knight. We have the "the force is strong with Katarn" quote of Vader's right at the end - but that seems more like an after thought and just slammed in there incase they ever wanted to do a sequel. Now we know more about Katarn's destiny, I think it would be a cool idea to throw in some more hints.

You may have read in the FAQ about a lightsabre easter egg. Well, that was my idea. Right at the end of the Nar Shaddaa level (remember you lose all your stuff in the next level), there should be a well hidden secret that if you find will have a sabre in it. Katarn then says "Hmm, shouldn't really leave one of these lying around. I've always fancied one, guess I'll never get another go..." Then you go off with it for the remainder of the level. Would be a nice little secret for the fans, and a bit of foreshadowing.

Now, here's another cutscene idea I had. When you're on the Executor, when you are in one of the rooms looking down into a shuttle bay, you see Vader and Mohc talking. Mohc is getting ready to go off to the Arc Hammer (hmm, wonder why?) and Vader is "seeing him off". We see Mohc board the shuttle and fly off. Then, we see Vader and just before he walks off, he says "I feel a presence I've not felt since..." (he is referring to Katarn's father) We then see Vader look around and then walk off. End cutscene.

Don't know what you guys think about those ideas, but I think they're pretty cool.

Of course, to add any more cutscenes we would need some voice actors. Finding a Vader shouldn't be too hard - a Katarn would be harder.
 Katarn07
02-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Nice ideas there, The_One.

I like the Executor one... After they leave, the TIEs can take off and the DT can pop out from that elevator thing (if it even did go up... I hate that level and rarely play it)
 Darth_Linux
03-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by The_One
We see Mohc board the shuttle and fly off. Then, we see Vader and just before he walks off, he says "I feel a presence I've not felt since..." (he is referring to Katarn's father) We then see Vader look around and then walk off. End cutscene.

We'll have to make Vader start walking, then when he gets near Katarn he stop and look around (kinda like those Ring Wraiths when they smell the the Ring) and he should say something simple like "strange . . .". Most people don't have elaborate conversations with themselves but they will quip one-liners. Ok, at least I quip one liners ;-) Anyway, I don't think Vader should say too much at all, just that he feels a disturbance in the Force, stops to ponder it, and offers a simple quick comment on it. That would give the player a good hint that there is something more to Kyle than even Kyle realizes.
 StormHammer
03-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Then, we see Vader and just before he walks off, he says "I feel a presence I've not felt since..." (he is referring to Katarn's father) We then see Vader look around and then walk off. End cutscene.

Don't know what you guys think about those ideas, but I think they're pretty cool.

Sounds okay to me...but I didn't think Morgan Katarn could tap into the Force? :confused:

I always thought the Force connection was through Kyle's mother...if inherited at all...
 Katarn07
03-02-2003, 9:23 PM
There is a poll in the swamp I posted as to where he got his powers.

It is either his father (he is a ghost in JO...) or the midichlorians did it cause he was the prophesized Knigth to save the Valley (according to NEW EG2C)

That's why Darth's might be better...
 michael_collins
03-07-2003, 10:34 AM
midichlorians? is it politcally correct to still discuss them? never understood it myself, I like the vader bit.......perhaps also in the robotics facility, where we meet the first Phase 2 DT
we could have an officer and a commando powering his systems up? or giving the goahead over an intercom?
 Goo Child
03-13-2003, 10:18 PM
I have an idea.

When Kyle is thrown to the Kell dragon he can look into the pit and see the monster fininshing someone else.
 rolsen
03-14-2003, 9:43 PM
I think it'd be great if Kyle said "I have a bad feeling about this." in that scene Goo Child.
 michael_collins
03-15-2003, 2:04 PM
ive an idea of how to keep continuity and have a good cutscene..........last one, arc hammers blown up, vader is on the executor and he mutters something along the lines of "truly the force is strong in this one" then struts off
 The_One
03-15-2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by michael_collins
ive an idea of how to keep continuity and have a good cutscene..........last one, arc hammers blown up, vader is on the executor and he mutters something along the lines of "truly the force is strong in this one" then struts off

That's pretty much what happens in the original michael ;)
 michael_collins
03-16-2003, 3:27 PM
i know but as far as i can remember theres no dialogue
 Katarn07
03-16-2003, 4:05 PM
The quote is, "The Force is strong with Katarn..."
 The_One
03-16-2003, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
The quote is, "The Force is strong with Katarn..."

Exactly.

*Pulls faces at michael*

:D
 The Count
03-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Is there going to be any website update?
 The_One
03-17-2003, 1:00 PM
When I have something to update with...

Hopefully the weekend, barring illness, injury or a nuclear attack...
Page: 1 of 1