Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC Spawn?

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
02-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Can we spawn in enemies created by you guys in the mod?

Say I beat the mod and am making the ultimated DF experience.

I go to a level and wanna spawn in DT 1, DT 2, DT 3, the guy from level 11 (not a spoiler, but just being cautious...), Vader, Rebus, Mohc...

OK, I know you don't fight the last three in the game or mod, but like Reelo and Galak, they'll have a weapon when spawned probably (or not, I don't know anything about editing).

Just wondring if this would happen or not...

*** Oh, can we also still spawn in Desann, Tavion, Reelo, Lando, Luke, etc?
 ImmolatedYoda
02-17-2003, 1:20 PM
i would say that in the finished mod, yes, you can spawn anyone that appears in the game, cutscene or not. its the same in JO. you can spawn Galak (not suited-up Galak), Morgans ghost, whoever, as long as they are in the npcs.cfg. in the demo, you can spawn the Imperial Commando. vader may not have a weapon since you dont fight him in the game, but youll still be able to spawn him, and edit him so that he fights you. same with Rebus and Mohc probably.

edit: and yes, you should still be able to spawn Tavion, Desann, whoever from base JO because they are coded into the game. likewise, you should be able to use all of base JOs console commands in the DF mod.
 Katarn07
02-17-2003, 1:24 PM
Thanks. This may be common knoweledge, but like I said, I know nothing about editing.
 ImmolatedYoda
02-17-2003, 1:32 PM
haha no problem. when i get a game, i always play it and try to find exploits or console commands or whatnot to have fun or do strange things, so in JO i have keys bound to spawn just about any NPC in the game. and through this i eventually get into looking at the files that change the game but dont involve coding. but i digres...
 Jeff 42
02-17-2003, 2:47 PM
The ultimate battle: Kyle and Luke vs. DT1, DT2, DT3, Tavion, and Desann. :D
 ImmolatedYoda
02-17-2003, 3:05 PM
haha yeah its things like that that i do when i play JO nowadays. i do something like spawn every jedi and sith in the game and put on notarget and watch em fight. pretty amusing, betting on which side will win.
Page: 1 of 1