Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Alien movie

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
02-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Aliens is my favorite. :) Best story, action, suspense, horror, and humor, it was great. I dont really care for the others especially Alien 3 and Resurrection :snear: Alien was nessesary to begin the story, and thats fine. It was good considering the day and age it was made in but I still dont really enjoy watching it. Purely a suspense horror Alien is and for me it gets old after the first time. But its still needed for Aliens to happen. Heh I guess some of you could use that same analogy for TPM. Anyways I love Aliens. The Colonial Marines and Ripley vs queen at the end, cant beat that! :thumbsup:
 Katarn07
02-17-2003, 11:00 AM
I think I saw one of them... Don't know which.

Hmmm, I like TPM, and yes it was necesarry for AotC and EPIII to come. Although the PT is not required for the OT, we all know that... :rolleyes:

I liked the Aliens movie I saw. It was 1 or 2... Old technology, that is. :D :p :D
 Darth Eggplant
02-17-2003, 11:26 AM
I did not vote, if there had ben an other or all of the above
I would have. Alien was the very first movie I ever got into
under age, and I went to a midnight showing of it
and was scarred to death when I came out.

Aliens was by far a fun rockem sockem fiend fest
where you got story plot action and humour.

Aliens 3 (the thing I liked most about 3 was)
the sceen where they are at the funeral.
it exemplifies completely the way things are
and the way things should be
and also the truth about our institutions,
and corporations and captialistic way of life.

the warden (authority figure) on the right side of the law
is able to deliver a eulogy from a book, like a greeting card
a one fit all solution. used any time society deems it neccessary
and yet the bad man the rapist and murderer delivers
a beautiful soulfull eulogy which moves the heart
and tries to encapsulate the loss of life and individuality
and all the while in the background
another life form losses it life to the machiavelian scheming
of the company.

and Alien Resurection
the cast in that was amazing
and seeing that guy with his harry back
(no special FX)
man that was the scarriest thing in the movie.
but Ripley was so cool in that.
acid for blood hightened alien sences
takes a metal dumbell right in the head.
and the lab scene was so chilling real
considering todays research and patending
of the human geonome.
and the experiments of some at cloning.

I like all the ALien movies
(i even saw ALien once in french)
and that was hillarious
the sceen where the one actor is looking
for the cat jones. in the original movie
the actor goes heere jones, here jones
and he makes cat noices like when we
try and call a cat actual cat like sound FX's
but in the french version the dubbing actor's voice goes
'in french where is jones meow meow.'
just the word meow meow, not any attempt
at making a cat sound. that was so funny.
 nova_wolf
02-17-2003, 4:26 PM
Aliens 2.

The Colonial Marines were just such funny muthas....

The comedy was just great.

And the final sequence with the powerloader - haeve ALWAYS wanted a Quake III mod that could emulated that....

Ahhh.... Melee combat with a fiftenn foot tall xenophomorph during THAT time of the month - whats not to like!
 Darth Groovy
02-17-2003, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
Wheres the "Theyre all trash" option?!
I dont like those movies and I never have, so I guess I think that theyre a bunch of trash! Sorry, but thats what I think!

-Clemme

Ouch that was a bit caustic there clemme.

My personal favorite was Aliens. They successfully made Ripley the classic heroine, and demonstrated that the Alien species could easily overpower testosterone and technology by sheer number and determination. I hate to say it, but it was a true James Cameron classic.
 Darth Groovy
02-17-2003, 8:00 PM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
Hmm, sorry for that! It wont happen again. Well, that was my opinion...! Thx for telling me Groovy, and it wont happen again..

*leaves room*

-Clemme

Whoa horsey, hold on there I didn't say you couldn't share your opinions. I just happen to be a fan of the Alien Legacy, so i'm jaded. :D No hard feelings bud. :)
 leXX
02-18-2003, 5:40 AM
Damn, I hate it everyone says what I want to say, I want to be different god damn it! :mad: :p

Yeah, Aliens rocked. Ripley was just BAD ASS and the b1tch fight at the end was a joy to behold. You gotta love my favourite quote from that film:

Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

No, have you?

:D
 Lynk Former
02-18-2003, 6:43 AM
I remember seeing this sketch show... one of their sketches was of Ripley walkin through one of those corridors (with the eerie feeling) and she's just pickin up all these weapons as she goes along, and by the time the aliens find her she's fallen over from the weight of all the weapons she has :lol:

Then it cuts to Darth Vader cutting a birthday cake with his lightsaber and kissing an admiral... O.o don't ask me what that's about lol
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by JediNyt
Yes and to make sure it doesnt happen again we understand that if the topic of a thread does not apply to you or interest you then do not post in it, that is pointless, what makes people think they have to put their 2 cents into every single thread regardless of anything? This is a generalized statement not targeting anyone in particular.

Aight. I'll remember that, thx d00d!

*Starts deleting posts here....*

*leaves thread*

-Clemme
 Taos
02-18-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm a fan of all of the Alien movies.....I own the series on dvd. :) My favorite one is the second one. There are several reasons, such as the ones mentioned.

I also want to add my .02 about the comedy in the second one. It was funny! :D Bill Paxton was just great. He had some great one liners in the movie. "Maybe we got 'em demoralized" :giggle1:
 Hekx
02-20-2003, 10:48 AM
I always liked Aliens, although I don't watch the movies as much as I used to.
 ckcsaber
02-20-2003, 1:44 PM
The marines in Aliens are probably the coolest group of people I have ever seen/read in the Sci-fi genre, discountiong Star Wars.

As mentioned before, they provide great humor, and showed the audience a weird sense of companionship.

Of course I can’t talk about the marines without mentioning Bill Paxton, and the amazing job he did. This quote by his character, Hudson, sums up Aliens.

“That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over!”
 Purple_Tentacle
02-20-2003, 7:31 PM
imagine how good starwars episode 1 would be if you remove jar-jar binks and put HUDSON in it's place. awesome.
 Darth Slayne
02-21-2003, 6:26 PM
The first one was the best. But then I probably say that because I was around when it first came out. Aliens was great but it was just a tad too mainstream for my liking. Alien 3.......peh! is all I have to say about it. Resurection? Great....up until the ending, then it just went to hell. Why can't they stay with the original story? I mean I've read the novel for the first one and according to that, the alien was laying the eggs and not a queen.

Originally posted by leXX

Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

No, have you?

Heh! Yeah I liked that one too :D :D :D :D
 El Sitherino
02-23-2003, 8:22 PM
aliens is by far the best of the series. i remember a time back they were thinking of doing an aliens cartoon. it was gonna be geared towards more mature audiences though.
 Zulu
03-08-2003, 12:35 PM
I might have seen one of these movies just cant remeber which one or when i saw it (if i saw it that is lol :p)
 Wraith 8
03-08-2003, 4:12 PM
which one is the one where they go with an entire army division to a place where only a little girl is left?

i liked that one the best... especially the part where the aliens were all over the place .... at least on the scanners.. but they were not in the room..... i LOVED that part!.

-Wraith 8-
 ckcsaber
03-09-2003, 5:57 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
which one is the one where they go with an entire army division to a place where only a little girl is left?

i liked that one the best... especially the part where the aliens were all over the place .... at least on the scanners.. but they were not in the room..... i LOVED that part!.

-Wraith 8-

That was Aliens, the 2nd in the series, and IMO the best one.
 Boba Rhett
03-10-2003, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by JediNyt
Yes and to make sure it doesnt happen again we understand that if the topic of a thread does not apply to you or interest you then do not post in it, that is pointless, what makes people think they have to put their 2 cents into every single thread regardless of anything? This is a generalized statement not targeting anyone in particular.

What post did I miss? What did he say to warrant such a response? :confused:
 Wraith 8
03-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
That was Aliens, the 2nd in the series, and IMO the best one. hey thanx.. now i know what to vote on :p
 JediNyt
03-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
What post did I miss? What did he say to warrant such a response? :confused: Its all been deleted.

Aliens had the perfect balance between suspense and action, with a little bit of horror. Ive heard that Aliens versus Predator the movie will be in the making soon. I good idea I think but Im concerned that theyll blow it. The Alien crowd may not go for it since Alien Resurection didnt do well over all.
 ckcsaber
03-10-2003, 4:21 PM
Yup, Aliens vs. Predators is supposed to hit the big screen.

It has been said that it will be directed by Paul Anderson, the dude who directed Resident Evil.

I don't know if that's a good thing.....
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 10:59 AM
I enoyed both Alien 1 and 2, but didn't think much of 3 and 4. Aliens was a great action movie, and the SE edition is a must-see for the extra 20 minutes of content. I agree with everyone about the humour in it...James Cameron did a great job of following in Ridley's footsteps. The original Alien was just great, a visual feast with lots of tension.

I hope they don't seriously consider a 5th in the series...because they should have left it at 2.
 Boba Rhett
04-16-2003, 12:42 PM
"Game over, man! Game over!"

I love Aliens. Lots of cool quotes came out of it. :D
 Darth Groovy
04-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Hudson: "Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez: "No. Have you?"

:D
 StormHammer
04-16-2003, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Lots of cool quotes came out of it. :D

Yeah. :D

Gorman: "We mustn't have any firing in there!"

Crowe: "What are we supposed to use...harsh language?"
 Lynk Former
04-16-2003, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Crowe: "What are we supposed to use...harsh language?"

LOL! I love that line!!
 StormHammer
04-17-2003, 9:12 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
LOL! I love that line!!

He gets another good one too...

*sees Ripley throw food tray at Bishop*

Crowe; "Guess she didn't like the cornbread either." :D
 ckcsaber
04-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Another glorious day in the corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune. Every formation a parade. I love the corps!

coolest Aliens quote EVER.:)
Page: 1 of 1