Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Few Suggestions

Page: 1 of 1
 Coroner2
02-11-2003, 8:29 AM
Have played the mod about through about 25 - 30 times and have found it to be excellent fun. Brings back old DF memories on my 486.

Firstly (probably more related to JK2 code than mod) the AI is a bit dodgy at times - it tends to stand still out in the open shooting. This makes it a bit too easy to kill them some times.

The wierd jumping stunt that occurs whenever a "toaster" collides with an enemy.

Also would it be possible to stop the dead bodies from disappearing? On low end systems it probably speeds up play - but it would be nice to have the option of having them stay permenantly.

Will you be changing the officers so they shoot a red beam from their pistols instead of the gold one? (DF was red I think)

The music was fantastic!
The new hammer level one by lund???? (can't remember name atm) was really good too.

Overall it is an excellent mod and concept.

Can't wait for release
 Katarn07
02-11-2003, 4:29 PM
Those MSE Stormtroopers do pose difficulty in kilkling.

Red blasts I think are fixed and that was already pointed out by myself or another forum goer.

JO takes bodies, not the mod, so ask elsewhere for an answer.

Music was fantastic.
 Coroner2
02-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Hmmm, yeah I know the disappearing bodies is a JK thing, just thought there might be a way to turn it off. I 've had no luck in finding out so far - I suppose it's hard coded in the exe.
 Katarn07
02-12-2003, 4:16 PM
Originally posted by Coroner2
Hmmm, yeah I know the disappearing bodies is a JK thing, just thought there might be a way to turn it off. I 've had no luck in finding out so far - I suppose it's hard coded in the exe.

Yeah. Most likely. This is the only editing forum I post in, so I can't suggest another place to ask.
 ImmolatedYoda
02-12-2003, 4:26 PM
wait...whats this about blaster bolt color? which is wrong, which is right, and what about it being fixed?
 Katarn07
02-12-2003, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda
wait...whats this about blaster bolt color? which is wrong, which is right, and what about it being fixed?

Kyle fires red in DF. So do officers.

In JO, they both shoot yellow (why oh why LEC?!)

In DF mod Demo, Kyle shoots red, officers shoot yellow. The officer's bolt color should be switched to red as well.
 ImmolatedYoda
02-12-2003, 7:18 PM
well switching the bolt to red is one of the easiest things to do.
 Katarn07
02-12-2003, 7:25 PM
I think the devs said it already was done, a bit after the release of the demo.

I think Darth_Linux told me that. Don't hold me to my word about that.
 The_One
02-14-2003, 1:11 PM
I believe there will be a patch released for the demo at some point which corrects this problem along with a few other things.
 Darth_Linux
02-15-2003, 9:44 PM
yes I've fixed the officer blaster color. If we ever get a decent build of the EAX file for the map then we can release the patch.

Also the Arc hammer music wasn't done by Lund, it was by Benevolence, but that's nothing critical.
 ImmolatedYoda
02-15-2003, 9:51 PM
if anyone is really irked about the officers blaster bolt being yellow, then (i dont remember the folder and am on a different computer that doesnt have JO) copy and paste the bryar_bolt.tga into the folder that its in and rename it blaster_bolt.tga. i believe that works, though im not entirely sure.
 Katarn07
02-15-2003, 10:10 PM
I don't play demo anymore. I must have played it nearly 100 times during my Thanksgiving break... :D
Page: 1 of 1